New York Jets Statement On The Fox\Cablevision Dispute

Maxman

I'm switching to FIOS, they come to install tomorrow. I've had it before and couldn't really tell a difference in service, my only issue with them is their customer service. But, I guess I'll have to deal with it in order to get the Jets game and I am also addicted to the show House and it has sucked not being able to see it for the past 2 weeks. I did get a pretty sweet deal that will save me about $90 a month, I just hope I never have to call them for any reason.

• Replies 101
  • Created
  • Last Reply

I'm switching to FIOS, they come to install tomorrow. I've had it before and couldn't really tell a difference in service, my only issue with them is their customer service. But, I guess I'll have to deal with it in order to get the Jets game and I am also addicted to the show House and it has sucked not being able to see it for the past 2 weeks. I did get a pretty sweet deal that will save me about $90 a month, I just hope I never have to call them for any reason.

I hate having to call customer service anytime. If you ever have to, check out gethuman.com. great site thatll help ya so u don't have to wait 20 minutes to get the right person on the phone. I like fios cause of all the extra stuff I get on my tv, along with some nice channels and the internet runs great and comes with a wireless router built in unlike optimum who's bitch about supporting routers.

I have had Fios installed in my office and in my house. It is cheaper than DirecTv and Cablevision, though not by much. Doe suck they charge an extra $5 per month per HD TV. Still it's shown to be a better deal. On Demand and DVR are great services that DirecTv even with Tivo simply did not match.

Know that the installation is at least a 4 or 5 hour affair with the bulky boxes they will install.And the Red Zone channel for $50 for the season is a relative bargain compared to DirecTv's Sunday Ticket at almost $400. I haven't had any service issues. I don't know what Cablevision/Optimum's DSL speed is, but Fios is as good as you really need uness you're splitting the atom.

I have 3 choices Cablevision,Verizon or Direct TV. We chose the Cablevision triple play all my TVS except 2 have hd-dvr boxes,the internet is decent and the phone service is good. It just so happens the NYJETS are on Fox 5 this week,that and missing the World Series has me pissed. I tried 1 of those cheap HD antennas it didnt work. Luckily a neighbor offered his Verizon service and we are gonna run a wire 250ft to his house. But why should I be doing this when I have a choice. Only problem a change wont happen before Sunday. My wife doesnt want the dish on our house and she despises Verizon customer service so im stuck with sub par cable service.

I have 3 choices Cablevision,Verizon or Direct TV. We chose the Cablevision triple play all my TVS except 2 have hd-dvr boxes,the internet is decent and the phone service is good. It just so happens the NYJETS are on Fox 5 this week,that and missing the World Series has me pissed. I tried 1 of those cheap HD antennas it didnt work. Luckily a neighbor offered his Verizon service and we are gonna run a wire 250ft to his house. But why should I be doing this when I have a choice. Only problem a change wont happen before Sunday. My wife doesnt want the dish on our house and she despises Verizon customer service so im stuck with sub par cable service.

Your wife doesn't want a satellite dish on your house-----Funny stuff

They most certainly would.

Last weekend the Pats/Chargers game was broadcast on the local CBS affiliate in Houston and DTV had the game blacked out because it was shown locally.

What does that have to do with Jets fans in NY?

If you have Direct TV in NY, you will see the game on Fox.

What does that have to do with Jets fans in NY?

If you have Direct TV in NY, you will see the game on Fox.

No you won't.

If the game is televised locally on Fox in NY, then Direct TV will black the game out.

Jets fans in NY who have Cablevision will be screwed because it won't be availble on DTV.

No you won't.

If the game is televised locally on Fox in NY, then Direct TV will black the game out.

Jets fans in NY who have Cablevision will be screwed because it won't be availble on DTV.

You are missing the point that they will get it on their local Fox station on Directv. There is no Fox dispute with Directv.

No you won't.

If you get your local channels through DTV, why would they black it out? :blink:

I just hope Cablevision offers Jets fans the same service they are providing MLB fans for the World Series. Cablevision is refunding 10 dollars to people who buy the World Series package from MLB.com which costs $9.99. I believe the NFL has a similar product called Game Pass where you can watch live games online although I am unsure if they offer single game packages.

I have had Fios installed in my office and in my house. It is cheaper than DirecTv and Cablevision, though not by much. Doe suck they charge an extra $5 per month per HD TV. Still it's shown to be a better deal. On Demand and DVR are great services that DirecTv even with Tivo simply did not match.

Know that the installation is at least a 4 or 5 hour affair with the bulky boxes they will install.And the Red Zone channel for $50 for the season is a relative bargain compared to DirecTv's Sunday Ticket at almost $400. I haven't had any service issues. I don't know what Cablevision/Optimum's DSL speed is, but Fios is as good as you really need uness you're splitting the atom.

Yeah, I had Fios before so I already have the bulky boxes installed. I was told this will considerably reduce my install time tomorrow so thats a good thing.

Do what I did, put a mast in the ground, a little concrete, (I drilled two holes on the bottom of the pipe & put in two 3/8" rods with nuts so it won't turn, ever) & make sure it is level. One other thing, you either have to buy a mast for HD Directv, (it's a different size 2.0" outside diameter) or use a sleeve to make up the difference (Midas, Meineke, etc.) Once you have mast ready, (with a clear SW shot) call Directv & tell the tech that's where you want it. You don't want it on your roof.

I have my account in NJ & I installed & sighted the dish myself. (I live in SW Florida)

Fios kills any cable or dsl Internet connection

Do what I did, put a mast in the ground, a little concrete, (I drilled two holes on the bottom of the pipe & put in two 3/8" rods with nuts so it won't turn, ever) & make sure it is level. One other thing, you either have to buy a mast for HD Directv, (it's a different size 2.0" outside diameter) or use a sleeve to make up the difference (Midas, Meineke, etc.) Once you have mast ready, (with a clear SW shot) call Directv & tell the tech that's where you want it. You don't want it on your roof.

I have my account in NJ & I installed & sighted the dish myself. (I live in SW Florida)

Word, I don't even think Direct TV even installs their newer much bigger dishes on roofs anymore.

Cablevision sucks a$$. I am being held hostage by them with this entire fiasco. Ive called numerous times and asked for a refund on those blacked out channels. I spoke with several douches who give you the company programed speel. They tell you about added channels that I wasnt charged for,only problem I dont speak Japanese,Indian or Spanish. If the NYJETS arent on my TV come Sunday I will be forced to run a wire to my neighbors and Monday morning I will be ordering DIRECT TV. Enough is enough. Yes im pissed!

I hate Cablevision but for once this isn't their fault and they are completely in the right. It is News Corp who is ******* over the viewers, Cablevision even said they would agree to their ridiculous demands for a year a few days ago and were turned down.

I hate Cablevision but for once this isn't their fault and they are completely in the right. It is News Corp who is ******* over the viewers, Cablevision even said they would agree to their ridiculous demands for a year a few days ago and were turned down.

Its karma for Cablevision, its just unfortunate that their innocent subscribers are getting punished too.

I definitely put the blame on cablevision! There's alot that the public doesnt know about this, for example that cablevision made $5.2 BILLION in revenue last year from cable subscribers...$5.2 BILLION!! And News Corp is asking for $150 million deal...like thats really gonna break Cablevision? ****in rediculous, pay the $150 million and get your subscribers the programming they paid for. I'm shocked the amount of people who are still with cablevision after all the BS they go through. I really feel bad for the people living in Brookhaven who can't even switch over to Fios if they wanted to because Cablevision wont let Verizon offer Fios there.

I definitely put the blame on cablevision! There's alot that the public doesnt know about this, for example that cablevision made $5.2 BILLION in revenue last year from cable subscribers...$5.2 BILLION!! And News Corp is asking for $150 million deal...thats really gonna break Cablevision? ****in rediculous, I'm shocked the amount of people who are still with cablevision after all the BS they go through. I really feel bad for the people living in Brookhaven who can't even switch over to Fios if they wanted to because Cablevision wont let Verizon offer Fios there.

If Cablevision caves it would set an awfully bad precedent that would negatively effect you and everybody else in the future.

Do you really think it's Cablevision that won't let Verizon offer Fios in Brookhaven? Really?

If Cablevision caves it would set an awfully bad precedent that would negatively effect you and everybody else in the future.

Do you really think it's Cablevision that won't let Verizon offer Fios in Brookhaven? Really?

Are you looking at those numbers? 5.2 BILLION!! Thats insane and News Corp is asking for the same amount they get from other cable providers. Cablevision is being cheap here.

And yes I truly believe Cablevision has a under the table deal with the town Brookhaven preventing them from getting Fios.

Are you looking at those numbers? 5.2 BILLION!! Thats insane and News Corp is asking for the same amount they get from other cable providers. Cablevision is being cheap here.

And yes I truly believe Cablevision has a under the table deal with the town Brookhaven preventing them from getting Fios.

News Corp also refused a 1 year deal taking the same amount they get from other cable providers and they refuse to go to binding arbitration.

They are trying to get a deal done that would set a precedent that would screw you in the future.

I don't want to defend Cablevision here, but they are right not to fold to News Corp, the NFL network and those of the like, regardless of how much they make.

As far as an under the table deal, just because you truly believe it, does not make it so.

News Corp also refused a 1 year deal taking the same amount they get from other cable providers and they refuse to go to binding arbitration.

They are trying to get a deal done that would set a precedent that would screw you in the future.

I don't want to defend Cablevision here, but they are right not to fold to News Corp, the NFL network and those of the like.

As far as an under the table deal, just because you truly believe it, does not make it so.

lol Not me, I'm with Fios. **** cablevision. Havent had a single issue since we switched 3 years ago.

Doesnt matter much anyway, Cablevision is shooting themselves in the foot here and although you may be right the public isnt smart enough to understand and theyre going to lose customers. All people know is they're missing their teams and their shows and they want them back. And you know damn well nobody is gonna feel bad about a company making a net profit of $5-8 Billion a year losing a few million dollars.

There's no doubt in my mind that Newsday and Cablevision have Crookhaven by the balls and is preventing Fios from expanding into those area's.

I don't want to defend Cablevision here, but they are right not to fold to News Corp, the NFL network and those of the like, regardless of how much they make.

Thats not the first time I've heard people from Brookhaven suspecting something was up between the town and Cablevision in keeping FIOS out. He's not alone in that.

Archived