Would we rather play the colts in the first round and steelers in the second?

Mattyandthejets

So with looking at the updated playoff pictures we currently hold the 6th seed, and with one more win we clinch a playoff berth, and right now if things stay the same through week 17 we will be heading to Kansas City to face the chiefs, and if we win the wildcard game we are headed back to foxboro.

So my question to you all is this: Would you rather play KC in the first round knowing that if we win we have to head to foxboro by default since we are the 6th seed, or would you rather hope BAL overtakes PITT at #2 so we get the 5th seed in which case we would play the colts in the first round and with a pittsburgh win over kc we would head to baltimore instead of foxboro.

Personally, I want no part of either the colts or the patriots. I know the colts are beat up, but we got torched by Roethlisberger today eventhough we stopped them when it mattered, and I am not confident that our defense can stop peyton manning on a final drive if need be.

The ideal scenario for me would be heading to Kansas city and then heading to baltimore, but the chances for that are slim. The last thing I want is to have to face the patriots in the divisional round. so what so you all?

So with looking at the updated playoff pictures we currently hold the 6th seed, and with one more win we clinch a playoff berth, and right now if things stay the same through week 17 we will be heading to Kansas City to face the chiefs, and if we win the wildcard game we are headed back to foxboro.

So my question to you all is this: Would you rather play KC in the first round knowing that if we win we have to head to foxboro by default since we are the 6th seed, or would you rather hope BAL overtakes PITT at #2 so we get the 5th seed in which case we would play the colts in the first round and with a pittsburgh win over kc we would head to baltimore instead of foxboro.

Personally, I want no part of either the colts or the patriots. I know the colts are beat up, but we got torched by Roethlisberger today eventhough we stopped them when it mattered, and I am not confident that our defense can stop peyton manning on a final drive if need be.

The ideal scenario for me would be heading to Kansas city and then heading to baltimore, but the chances for that are slim. The last thing I want is to have to face the patriots in the divisional round. so what so you all?

Id rather beat them all just to shut the haters up.

Guest Jpf4671

I wouldn't get too caught up in match ups yet but I'm rooting for Baltimore to get the bye, flacco doesn't scare anyone, rothlesberger with troy p back is a tougher task

Guest Jpf4671

Then you haven't been paying attention, he's been very good this year. Much more than a game manager.

I said I'd rather face him than rothlesberger, that's all, anyone who says anything different is the one not paying attention.

Then you haven't been paying attention, he's been very good this year. Much more than a game manager.

Since Week 2 I believe he has had the highest QB rating in the league, although I would have to double check and I'm lazy so I won't.

However, he still has yet to show up in the playoffs, whereas Ben has won SBs. You would much rather face the guy that so far hasn't shown that he can play on the big stage than the guy that has shown he can.

This is our road to the Super bowl.

@ KC

@ PIT

Home vs Ravens.

The least possible scenario for the Jets is playing the Chiefs as the #5 seed, as the #6 seed is very possible, so if we play the Chiefs we more than likely will have to go to Foxboro the next week. But who gives a **** we either go to Foxboro in the divisional round or the AFC championship so it won't matter.

If the Jets win a WC they're going to play the Patriots.

It's really not a matter of choice.

The Jets are essentially locked into the 6th seed unless the Ravens lose another game. As such, no matter what other teams do WC, the Jets with a victory will always play the No. 1 seed the following week, which will be the Pats.

Right now, the Chiefs are the No. 3 seed and the Jets will be playing them as the 6th seed.

The Jets are essentially locked into the 6th seed unless the Ravens lose another game.

@ Cleveland

vs. Cincinnati

Yeah, I don't see that happening, nor is it a given we beat both Chicago and Buffalo. Maybe Cleveland will throw us another bone like they did when they knocked off New England.

Wait... so we pound our chest and proclaim we don't want to be the team that "backs in" to the playoffs?

But we do want the easiest path possible to get through them?

**** that. I'm fine with whoever we play... we need to beat some good teams if we think we deserve a SB trip, and the more we are considered underdogs, the better we play.

Ummm, Cinci beat Baltimore in week two and has three straight wins over the Ravens. Just sayin'.

Kleck, way to stay positive, but there is no way in hell that Cincy wins that game.

1. It's in Baltimore

2. Its the day after New Years

3. Cincy will be packing it in for the end of the season

4. Marvin Lewis will about to be fired.

The key is the Cleveland game. Cincy will be going through the motions in the Ravens game.

Wait... so we pound our chest and proclaim we don't want to be the team that "backs in" to the playoffs?

But we do want the easiest path possible to get through them?

**** that. I'm fine with whoever we play... we need to beat some good teams if we think we deserve a SB trip, and the more we are considered underdogs, the better we play.

agreed.

I want the 5th seed, I want to face the Pats in the Championship game. I want that team in the worst way. I want the Jets to go into Foxboro and nail the crap out of that team. I want the Jets to avenge that beating we took and give it right back at them only this time in for all the marbles. Thats want I want to see.

Archived