Will the axe fall?

Kleckineau

Will Rex survive / & other possibilities?  

14 members have voted

1. 1. If pics are real will Rex get fired?

• Do advocate him being fired?
    • Should the NYJ have wife swap Monday Nights?
    • Green vibrators with Jets Logo giveaways?
    • Mrs Ryan as the most OFFENSIVE coordinator ever?

I don't necessarily advocate for it, ( I see what you did there) but I think woody will do it

I have to say I could see most owners doing it but I don't think Woody is the type. I'm pretty sure he likes this us against the world mentality. It goes with his baseball hat in the suit thing etc etc.

I have to say I could see most owners doing it but I don't think Woody is the type. I'm pretty sure he likes this us against the world mentality. It goes with his baseball hat in the suit thing etc etc.

remember in hard knocks, they showed tanny taking faxes and handing them to woody saying thy jets are getting "x" stories a day ?

woody says he wishes his other businesses got the same attention or something

these aren't the kinds of faxes woody wants to be getting on a daily basis

he follows the media attention on a daily basis in the summer

gotta think he does the same thing during a playoff push

I think rex needs to go to the SB to keep his job

shanahan and big shotty got fired for winning, but not winning SB's, and they never humilated (albeit not by their own intent) the organization at least twice

I think woody has to be thinking this will only continue, and what else is out there ?

Rex gets fired only given these stipulations:

I.The Jets LOSE 45-10 to the Chiefs in the first round of the playoffs

II. Ford Motor Company calls up Roger Goodell and says "What's up with that Rex guy?"

III. Woody Johnson's PSL Extortion Scam continues to leave empty seats in a "sold out" cough lie stadium.

Overall chances of Rex getting fired: less than 9%

I smell a conspiracy...similar to how Joe Walton got the job from Walt Michaels...we are doomed...if Schotty becomes HC!

see here son, what you need to do is follow this plan. put in your time as an assistant, and if you can get a reputation as a good coordinator, you'll get a chance at being a HC in the league

50372452.jpg

but dad, I put my time in and I interviwed for the job and they brought in that fat **** rex ryan, who is making me run the ball on first down. so what I did here was leak videos and pics to the innerwebs, his a$$ is as good as gone

50372453.jpg

why didn't I think of that ! you're a genius !!

50372448.jpg

if ben rothlistberger can be accused of rape twice, and michael vick can go to prison for illegal gambling from dog fighting, and both are still faces of the NFL and their franchises, then Rex can certainly remain HC of the jets, he hasn't done anything illegal.

This.

If the Jets don't go to the SB, part of me is rooting for the Raper vs. Dogkilla Bowl just as a big giant F-U to Goodellichek.

if ben rothlistberger can be accused of rape twice, and michael vick can go to prison for illegal gambling from dog fighting, and both are still faces of the NFL and their franchises, then Rex can certainly remain HC of the jets, he hasn't done anything illegal.

Roethlisberger didn't get convicted or charged with anything illegal either. They bounced him for four games because he compromised the image of the league. Do you think Rex compromised the league a little bit here?

Roethlisberger didn't get convicted or charged with anything illegal either. They bounced him for four games because he compromised the image of the league. Do you think Rex compromised the league a little bit here?

It was his 2nd time being accused and Big Ben bought underage women drinks.

If Rex goes, IMO it will be the doing of Woody and not the NFL.

see here son, what you need to do is follow this plan. put in your time as an assistant, and if you can get a reputation as a good coordinator, you'll get a chance at being a HC in the league

50372452.jpg

but dad, I put my time in and I interviwed for the job and they brought in that fat **** rex ryan, who is making me run the ball on first down. so what I did here was leak videos and pics to the innerwebs, his a$$ is as good as gone

50372453.jpg

why didn't I think of that ! you're a genius !!

50372448.jpg

ROFLMAO!

It was his 2nd time being accused and Big Ben bought underage women drinks.

If Rex goes, IMO it will be the doing of Woody and not the NFL.

But the point is they intervened to punish Roethlisberger without him committing an actual crime (in the eyes of the justice system). It was strictly image preservation. Rex's deal could fall under the same umbrella. And we all know Woody won't do something unless the league tells him to do it, as with Alosi and Edwards' DUI. The guy's a retard puppet.

the image of the league is more tainted by rape accusations which is disgusting and a crime, rex filming such things with his wife may be disgusting but no one was harmed except maybe the viewers. if we call what rex did, tainting the image of the league and worthy of firing, then that opens the door for almost anything being a fireable offense. We hear about players getting DUIs all the time, but none of them are cut on the spot, and getting a dui is much much worse than what rex did, and taints the image of the league moreso in my opinion. Why does the punishment for everything have to be a firing? I think the embarrassment is enough of a punishment. Rex is a good coach and firing him would set this franchise back so much. The players love him and are loyal to him and just to pluck him out of the equation would mean disaster for this team.

I won't say that it does not matter at all because Rex is a face of this business. But personally i don't care about the photos as a fan as long as the jets keep winning. I also don't care that much what Rex likes to do with his wife.

I don't see him being fired for it either. At least i hope he is not.

I agree with Rex. It's personal. What he likes to do with his wife has nothing whatsover to do with winning football games. Let's stop being so darned PC abd self righteous. He's a coach not a candidate for canonization.

the image of the league is more tainted by rape accusations which is disgusting and a crime, rex filming such things with his wife may be disgusting but no one was harmed except maybe the viewers. if we call what rex did, tainting the image of the league and worthy of firing, then that opens the door for almost anything being a fireable offense. We hear about players getting DUIs all the time, but none of them are cut on the spot, and getting a dui is much much worse than what rex did, and taints the image of the league moreso in my opinion. Why does the punishment for everything have to be a firing? I think the embarrassment is enough of a punishment. Rex is a good coach and firing him would set this franchise back so much. The players love him and are loyal to him and just to pluck him out of the equation would mean disaster for this team.

I agree with you. The difference is that it's the head coach of a team. The prisoners can be animals and that's ok; but if the warden screws up, he has to go.

Woody just signed Rex to a multi-million dollar contract extension in the offseason.

Why does anyone think Woody would want to have to pay that money for nothing by firing Rex?

Also, please explain to me how the NFL has jurisdiction over Rex's WIFE?

Finally, on what GROUNDS would Woody have for firing Rex for conduct of a non-Jet employee?

When Andy Reid's sons were drug addicts and went to jail because of it did the Eagle's owner threaten to fire Reid?

Not for nothing Rex has to be on some shaky ground no? This is truly becoming a circus like atmosphere..they lose against the Chiefs and you can truly make an argument to let him go..especially with the likes of Cowher and Gruden out there. Talk about an embarrassment to the organization.... c'mon man!

Woody just signed Rex to a multi-million dollar contract extension in the offseason.

Why does anyone think Woody would want to have to pay that money for nothing by firing Rex?

Also, please explain to me how the NFL has jurisdiction over Rex's WIFE?

Finally, on what GROUNDS would Woody have for firing Rex for conduct of a non-Jet employee?

When Andy Reid's sons were drug addicts and went to jail because of it did the Eagle's owner threaten to fire Reid?

millions mean nothing in comparison to losing tens of millions in naming rights, PSL's, etc

the NFL has jurisdiction over the guy holding the camera

again, rex is directly involved

good point, but rex's big problem is the viral nature of his humuliation, it's global dude, every owner, GM, player and players wife has seen it by now

millions mean nothing in comparison to losing tens of millions in naming rights, PSL's, etc

the NFL has jurisdiction over the guy holding the camera

again, rex is directly involved

good point, but rex's big problem is the viral nature of his humuliation, it's global dude, every owner, GM, player and players wife has seen it by now

Sorry,Larz, but this is such a silly argument. The Jets and the NFL are going to lose millions because of Michelle Ryan, but not because of a 2 time rapist and dog torturer and killer?

Sorry,Larz, but this is such a silly argument. The Jets and the NFL are going to lose millions because of Michelle Ryan, but not because of a 2 time rapist and dog torturer and killer?

this comes down to one man's opinion in the end

if woody feels he has had enough of being embarased publicly, he roots out the problem and fires rex

again, rex's big problem here is everyone on the planet can see rex's wife's hoochie

I never saw the video of big ben in the bathroom, vick killing dogs or ray lewis killing someone

yet everyone can see with their own eyes rex's dirty laundry

I think that is what might get him in the end, it's not a rumor or a charge or an accusation, it's actual visual evidence staring you right in the face that he can't even deny

serious question

do you think we've seen every pic/video they ever shot ?

Archived