Jets Inactives

netz725

nyjets New York Jets

RL# Jets inactives for tonight's playoff game at IND Colts: RB Joe McKnight, CB Isaiah Trufant, DE Vernon Gholston, OL Vlad Ducasse...

nyjets New York Jets

#RL ... DT Jarron Gilbert, TE Jeff Cumberland and DT Marcus Dixon. Kellen Clemens is the third QB.

i thought for sure Mcknight would play!

I'm kind of pissed McKnight is inactive after last week. If for any other reason that its just kind of a slap in the face after he played so damn well.

Not only that, the guy has been absolutely fantastic in ST coverage at the end of the season. The guy certainly earned his way onto the active roster, I really can't believe he didn't make it in this week. Let's hope that week off did LT and Greene a lot of good and they've got somebody else who can take his place on specials.

Gholston is a piece of sh*t

This.

I also expected to see McKnight active. For the obvious reason that he is one of our better ST players, and ST could be huge in this game. But also, because in the AFC Championship we came in with 2 RBs, and 1 got hurt... and the other was over 30 years old.

Oh well... hopefully we won't need him.

Not only that, the guy has been absolutely fantastic in ST coverage at the end of the season. The guy certainly earned his way onto the active roster, I really can't believe he didn't make it in this week. Let's hope that week off did LT and Greene a lot of good and they've got somebody else who can take his place on specials.

Cook has looked pretty good on specials and they probably want to keep all the DBs. They are playing the Colts and Revis, Cromartie, Smith, Ihedigbo are all coming off injuries. Don't want to deal with sh*t like last year, when Strickland went down they were done.

As for McKnight at RB... like Tim the Enchanter said, I told you.

Cook has looked pretty good on specials and they probably want to keep all the DBs. They are playing the Colts and Revis, Cromartie, Smith, Ihedigbo are all coming off injuries. Don't want to deal with sh*t like last year, when Strickland went down they were done.

As for McKnight at RB... like Tim the Enchanter said, I told you.

Yeah, the Jets are clearly going VERY DB heavy tonight. The only DB on the roster who isn't active is Trufant. That's a lot of bodies. Probably a smart idea. Also notice that the Jets inactives changed up from recent weeks in bringing back more of their pass rushers (Westerman, Pryce) in place of some of the other DL (Gholston, Dixon).

Yeah, the Jets are clearly going VERY DB heavy tonight. The only DB on the roster who isn't active is Trufant. That's a lot of bodies. Probably a smart idea. Also notice that the Jets inactives changed up from recent weeks in bringing back more of their pass rushers (Westerman, Pryce) in place of some of the other DL (Gholston, Dixon).

Yeah, they basically left most DT prospects out. This might not be THAT big of an indictment of Gholston. They apparently see him as more of a stop the run guy. It also may just be that Westerman is healthy. We didn't see him much and I thought he was having a sophmore slump, but somebody (jason?) said he's been hurt most of the year. He looked alive against the Bills at least.

Yeah, they basically left most DT prospects out. This might not be THAT big of an indictment of Gholston. They apparently see him as more of a stop the run guy. It also may just be that Westerman is healthy. We didn't see him much and I thought he was having a sophmore slump, but somebody (jason?) said he's been hurt most of the year. He looked alive against the Bills at least.

nope, it's a huge indictment when street free agents are playing ahead of a top 10 1st rd draft pick.

Gholtson may not be done as a Jet but if comes back next year it's definitely at the league minimum. The Jets will release him as soon as league rules allow and if they think he has any value at all they will try to bring him back for the min.

nope, it's a huge indictment when street free agents are playing ahead of a top 10 1st rd draft pick.

Gholtson may not be done as a Jet but if comes back next year it's definitely at the league minimum. The Jets will release him as soon as league rules allow and if they think he has any value at all they will try to bring him back for the min.

Obviously he's a bust. I'm just saying it might not indicate he'll be inactive for the rest of the playoff run. This is obviously a Colts specific lineup. Though against the Pats will probably be similar.

Expect to see the same kind of thing next week-a mess of DBs and only a few fronts with more than 6 big guys.

McKnight should get in over Wilson. On punts Wilson has no freaking clue what the rule is or where the ball is on a "get away from it!" play, and on Holmes' almost mess he also was close to touching the ball. it wasn't the first time that almost happened.

Archived