Rex Finally Used His Timeouts Right

RutgersJetFan

Ha! Dont forget challenges too. That first one by Caldwell was the worst challenge I've ever seen.

Any coach who uses a challenge in the first 5 minutes over a ball spot deserves to lose. I told my buddy that the Jets would win as soon as Caldwell tried to pull that.

It's got to be a REALLY obvious mistake by the refs for me to throw a challenge flag in the first half...even if because of the whole TO situation it's not a bad idea to try to win one during that period of time.

Any coach who uses a challenge in the first 5 minutes over a ball spot deserves to lose. I told my buddy that the Jets would win as soon as Caldwell tried to pull that.

It's got to be a REALLY obvious mistake by the refs for me to throw a challenge flag in the first half...even if because of the whole TO situation it's not a bad idea to try to win one during that period of time.

+1. That was one of the worst challenges I have ever seen. You should never use a challenge that early in the game.

Admit it, you were nervous he wasn't going to call the one right before 2nd down with a minute to go.

yeah, i said this in another thread. Last year the lunkhead would've stubbornly insisted that his defense was going to come up with a stop. Good job by him.

The colts on the other hand, handled end game like the lions.. horrible job by them

yeah, i said this in another thread. Last year the lunkhead would've stubbornly insisted that his defense was going to come up with a stop. Good job by him.

The colts on the other hand, handled end game like the lions.. horrible job by them

I was actually screaming for him to call one when they got the first, but I guess it was reasonable to wait and see what they did on first before digging in to them. Best coached game since he was hired.

Caldwell is an idiot. Colts are on their way down and it's 100% on him.

Also, thank God Rex didn't call a TO to ice Vinitieri, He was going to but stopped himself. They showed it on TV in the postgame.

It ended up not mattering but I was screaming at the TV for him not to do it (and it was smart not to). (we had plenty of time to spike the ball if we needed to before the last FG)

I was actually screaming for him to call one when they got the first, but I guess it was reasonable to wait and see what they did on first before digging in to them. Best coached game since he was hired.

haha... i had the same thought but then I said maybe you blow your wade and the colts were going to run a play quickly or would adjust thier second down call. They ended up snapping with like 13 left on the clock if memory serves, which was a bad job by them..

Caldwell looked more like rex and rex looked like beli..

seriously, how many times do you see a bad team, against a good one, take a 1 or 2 point lead late and leave too much time on the clock only to have the good team drive down the field and win in the end. Seems to happen like 2 times a week yet coaches can't figure it out, meanwhile you play a 13 yr old online in madden and they never leave a second...

Before this game Caldwell has had more deer in the headlights look than any coach ive ever seen. whether its HS college pros or pee wees.

The last completion to Edwards- could he have called a TO immediately? If that was reviewed and overturned we were kicking a 50 yder. Not positive of how much time ticked off.

They should have run up and spiked it and saved 12 seconds on the clock for a running play to center the ball and then kick the field goal. You also end the ability to review the play after the spike. Just my opinion.

haha... i had the same thought but then I said maybe you blow your wade and the colts were going to run a play quickly or would adjust thier second down call. They ended up snapping with like 13 left on the clock if memory serves, which was a bad job by them..

Caldwell looked more like rex and rex looked like beli..

seriously, how many times do you see a bad team, against a good one, take a 1 or 2 point lead late and leave too much time on the clock only to have the good team drive down the field and win in the end. Seems to happen like 2 times a week yet coaches can't figure it out, meanwhile you play a 13 yr old online in madden and they never leave a second...

I never understood why so many don't get that either. Games like that you're playing against the clock just as much as you are against the other team. And the reason it's so infuriating is because it's usually a cut and dry issue of common sense.

They should have run up and spiked it and saved 12 seconds on the clock for a running play to center the ball and then kick the field goal. You also end the ability to review the play after the spike. Just my opinion.

I wanted them to try for the TD myself, since I didn't exactly feel confident with Folk.

Maybe the coaches and Folk were all pretending to be bad the entire season to trick the Patriots and win the SB!

I can hope anyway. The Jets are now 12-5, when's the last time we had a record this good? The Jets have a chance to finish with 3 times as many wins as losses this year.

+1. That was one of the worst challenges I have ever seen. You should never use a challenge that early in the game.

It wasn't a ball spot. It was possession. If the Colts got that ball it was theirs. You can't advance a muffed punt, but you can recover. I would certainly burn a challenge to get possession there. From that close it was like a gimme 7 points. Initially I thought it did hit Holmes. From the first views it looked liked the ball changed trajectory as it went through his legs. It made no sense to challenge after seeing the replays though and they had tons of time.

Good point.

I gotta give Rex credit. he did a great job of coaching and managing the game yesterday. I liked when he got pissed off at Cro and the o line too!

Yeah they said he pulled a Singletary. Not true really, because Crom went back out and won the game for us. Plus rex was still employed the next day. LOL

I never understood why so many don't get that either. Games like that you're playing against the clock just as much as you are against the other team. And the reason it's so infuriating is because it's usually a cut and dry issue of common sense.

Perfect way to put it. I'm still shocked the Colts bungled it and Rex played it perfectly, when they picked up that 12 yard gain to bring the ball to the 36 I thought we were done, but they ran two plays were they couldn't decide what thier goal was and f'd them selves. I don't remember the exact play, but the first was an inside run snapped with like 25-30 seconds left on the play clock. One of the few times all game they got to the line quickly, only to run a play that screams we're setting up for the Vinatieri 49 yarder to win as the clock strikes 0. The next play (WR Screen) gave the same signal, but again, they snapped with somewhere around 12 seconds left on the clock, a little better, but they easily could've milked another 40 seconds here..

The last play might of been the worst, Manning rollout? I believe the first all game.. clearly one of those if it's not there throw it away type plays they give young QB's in a spot like that to preserve the FG try. but it also carries a high chance of incompletion. It's like they thought we had 0 chance of getting in FG range with 60 ticks left? Did they watch any of our tape this year????

Archived