To All the Sanchez Haters ...

JoeWillie

Mark Sanchez is the best QB this franchise has had in my lifetime. Possibly since Namath. No more do younger fans have to hold on to the "what if" with Penningtons potential. Mark Sanchez is BETTER NOW than Penningtons potential. He'll still have bad games. Heck, he's probably still going to have AWFUL games sometimes, but he's a winner, and that's what he does. He wins.

They will hide or pretend they never hated him. Half of them will claim that was all Schitty's genius.

I dunno about that second part, now. But in all honesty...can't we all just agree EVERYONE played great? EVERYONE called a great game. The Special Teams were lacking today and that was IT. Both sides of the ball were prepared (coaching), and both sides executed (the players). No player or coach deserves any flack from fans tonight

They will hide or pretend they never hated him. Half of them will claim that was all Schitty's genius.

Back to back trips to the AFC Championship game, I think it's time for you to eat crow on Schott.

Schott has not been the problem all year. I think he had 2 bad games and like a man he owned up to both of them. The Jets problems have always been on execution. Whether it's false starts, dropped passes, bad passes, bad reads, or holding penalties, other than Baltimore and Green Bay the O struggles have been on the players not Schott. Enough with that bullsh*t already.

I guarantee you that the Ravens would love to have Schott over Cam Cameron.

Mark played well today.

Cant argue with what he's done so far in the playoffs in his career, but still feel he has a long way to go as a QB.

he just needs to relax and let his talent take over. the only time he gets in trouble is when he panics or tries to do too much.

How nice is it to have a QB who can actually WIN a game though? I would hate to be headed to Pit with a noodle arm QB.

I dunno about that second part, now. But in all honesty...can't we all just agree EVERYONE played great? EVERYONE called a great game. The Special Teams were lacking today and that was IT. Both sides of the ball were prepared (coaching), and both sides executed (the players). No player or coach deserves any flack from fans tonight

But it was absolutely essential that he play really well today and he did. I would have said the same thing about last week's game, but somehow they won it. He deserves a lot of credit. I don't understand the funks he goes into, especially at home.

Tallying moral victories and loses, pining for kudos, and hypothetical arguments died when Rex and Sanchez got here.

All that matters is wins and losses. Woulda coulda, ifs and buts, etc. are irrelevant. Who wins and who loses and that's all that matters.

People can hate all they want on Sanchez and I don't give a crap. All he does is win and that's all I care about.

Right here. There were still some overthrows, but the great shots made up for it, and the misses could have been due to pressure. He was great tonight, and he'll be even better into next year.

I did not mean you, you sound too smart to be a genius.

Tallying moral victories and loses, pining for kudos, and hypothetical arguments died when Rex and Sanchez got him.

All that matters is wins and losses. Woulda coulda, ifs and buts, etc. are irrelevant. Who wins and who loses and that's all that matters.

People can hate all they want on Sanchez and I don't give a crap. All he does is win and that's all I care about.

Amen, brother.

This kid is only gonna get better. It's not a case of too much too soon either. It's not like he came into the league and won a Super Bowl his first year and never will live up to that potential again. It's not as if he's this young stud that's riding high and doesn't know about losing and when he finally does can't regain that past glory.

This kid has won some huge games and he has LOST some Huge games in his short two year career...That to me equals experience being gained. Starting QB's go whole careers without being in bigtime games this kid has already won and lost.

He's seeing it all and experienced both ends of the spectrum already and I like that. Nothing is coming easy for him either...he has to work for everything he gets.

You can't tell me that last year's AFC Championship game loss to Indy isn't going to help him prepare for what's next. He knows the pressure of these big games. The mental is pretty much there, I think what he needs to focus on this off-season is his throwing mechanics. When he gets that straightened out the sky's the limit and many Super Bowl appearances and wins are in this kids future.

OK I'll stop babbling now. Sorry for my incoherent rambling, I'm still giddy about tonight's win.

Archived