Fire ******* Shotty now!!!

GangisGreen

I have and I've been very critical of his coaching...but to replace a guy that just took you to back to back AFCCG's, is quite literally....stupid.

Honestly, you want Sanchez to learn a new offense? How do you know how he's going to respond to that? Maybe this offense is perfect for him, he obviously feels very comfortable with it hence our overall success in the post season.

Sorry, I'm not firing an OC who took a rookie QB who quite frankly sucked, to an AFCCG. And then to follow up that season, with another trip back to that game, seeing drastic improvements from you QB during the run.

Sorry friend. Schotty did a fine job this year and firing him is not the answer. In fact, it might be the worst possible thing for Sanchez.

Yep. It was bad. Is NE asking to fire BB?

This is the same horsesh*t logic that kept Herm around for so many years. "The Jets keep making the playoffs!" He was a moron who deserved to be fired well before he was and Schotty's no different.

Every now and then, you need to do a little deeper analysis of the situation other than just looking at the end result and assuming that a positive one automatically means everyone involved just did a bang-up job. By your logic, the Jets should not replace one single player or coach on the entire roster. I mean, why would they? They were all responsible for helping get the Jets to the AFC Championship, getting rid of them is clearly not the answer, right? We might as well just wait around a year for the same exact team and hope every other team regresses enough so that instead of losing in the AFC Championship maybe one day they can strive to lose in the Super Bowl.

Maybe, just maybe, if the Jets could EVER do ANYTHING on offense in the first half, they would've been able to help out the defense and keep the Jets in this game, as opposed to doing nothing more than chipping in with an extra 7 points for the Steelers. Don't get me wrong, Schotty is far from the only (or biggest) reason the Jets lost this game, but he shouldn't be fired for just yesterday, he should be fired for the past 5 years including yesterday.

• Replies 97
  • Created
  • Last Reply

I love Jets fans. Lets fire the OC who took an inexperienced young QB to 2 straight AFCCG.

Yeah, that makes sense. :blink:

If your identity is to pound the ball, and you got down to the 2 yard line by pounding the ball....don't you think you would have pounded the ball in the most important game of your life when it meant the most? Come on bro, I would have ran it 4 straight times, cause if you can't get 2 yards in 4 plays, then you don't deserve to be in the superbowl.....as you can see.

Brees and Rivers somehow managed to salvage their careers upon losing Schottys tutelage. Noodle arm left and took a 1-15 team to a division title something we can't get done. Baby dick left for the Vikings and had a career year....... I'll take my chances

And what did the 2 of them do following those season? lol.

This is the same horsesh*t logic that kept Herm around for so many years. "The Jets keep making the playoffs!" He was a moron who deserved to be fired well before he was and Schotty's no different.

Every now and then, you need to do a little deeper analysis of the situation other than just looking at the end result and assuming that a positive one automatically means everyone involved just did a bang-up job. By your logic, the Jets should not replace one single player or coach on the entire roster. I mean, why would they? They were all responsible for helping get the Jets to the AFC Championship, getting rid of them is clearly not the answer, right? We might as well just wait around a year for the same exact team and hope every other team regresses enough so that instead of losing in the AFC Championship maybe one day they can strive to lose in the Super Bowl.

Maybe, just maybe, if the Jets could EVER do ANYTHING on offense in the first half, they would've been able to help out the defense and keep the Jets in this game, as opposed to doing nothing more than chipping in with an extra 7 points for the Steelers. Don't get me wrong, Schotty is far from the only (or biggest) reason the Jets lost this game, but he shouldn't be fired for just yesterday, he should be fired for the past 5 years including yesterday.

I dont see how you relate this to Herm...but o.k.

Its cool. Schotty is the scapegoat here, he always is when the offense doesnt perform. Its not good enough for Jets fans to lose to a good team. What Schotty has done with a young inexperienced, often sh*tty Qb, IMO, is impressive. And I'm often critical of his coaching.

Be careful what you wish for...thats all I'm saying. Who knows how Sanchez will react with a new OC, new system, etc. Fortunately, I dont think we'll be finding out next season as I'm sure Rex isnt as stupid as most Jets fans.

If your identity is to pound the ball, and you got down to the 2 yard line by pounding the ball....don't you think you would have pounded the ball in the most important game of your life when it meant the most? Come on bro, I would have ran it 4 straight times, cause if you can't get 2 yards in 4 plays, then you don't deserve to be in the superbowl.....as you can see.

Hind sight is always 20/20. If he runs it 4 straight times and doesnt get in...then we'd be discussing how stupid Schotty was for running it 4 straight times against a historically great run defense.

And what did the 2 of them do following those season? lol.

I dont see how you relate this to Herm...but o.k.

Its cool. Schotty is the scapegoat here, he always is when the offense doesnt perform. Its not good enough for Jets fans to lose to a good team. What Schotty has done with a young inexperienced, often sh*tty Qb, IMO, is impressive. And I'm often critical of his coaching.

Be careful what you wish for...thats all I'm saying. Who knows how Sanchez will react with a new OC, new system, etc. Fortunately, I dont think we'll be finding out next season as I'm sure Rex isnt as stupid as most Jets fans.

As far as Schotty being the scapegoat, I guess that all depends on the individual. I have no delusions that he's the reason the Jets lost this game (at least not the main reason), but that still doesn't change the fact that I think he's an incompetent boob and should be fired. I just don't get this concept that the Jets should continue to accept a crappy performance from their offensive coordinator simply because they fear change and it could possibly be worse. That's a loser's mentality, period. There's no other way about it.

As far as Schotty being the scapegoat, I guess that all depends on the individual. I have no delusions that he's the reason the Jets lost this game (at least not the main reason), but that still doesn't change the fact that I think he's an incompetent boob and should be fired. I just don't get this concept that the Jets should continue to accept a crappy performance from their offensive coordinator simply because they fear change and it could possibly be worse. That's a loser's mentality, period. There's no other way about it.

IMO, incompetent boobs, dont take a young inconsistent QB to back to back AFCCG's.

Its not a loser mentality if you believe in the guy. Which clearly Rex Ryan does.

Who's his replacement?

IMO, incompetent boobs, dont take a young inconsistent QB to back to back AFCCG's.

Its not a loser mentality if you believe in the guy. Which clearly Rex Ryan does.

Who's his replacement?

While I'm a big Sanchez fan and think he's made great strides and will concede you certainly have to give some credit to Schotty for that, the Jets AFC Championship runs have been more about defense and the OL then anything else. Think about this, all it took was one bad half of football in the entire playoffs from the defense, and the Jets run was over. That said, I actually don't think Schotty is all bad, the guy just can't get out of his own way. There are times where you can definitely see what some of his employers and defenders see in him, but that's not the problem. The problem is, he continues to make mind-numbingly stupid decisions on a far too regular basis that seriously hinder this team and shows absolutely ZERO ability to learn from these mistakes.

How many times does he need to run an end-around with the teams slowest WR before he realizes it NEVER WORKS?!? How do you slowly bleed the clock on a long, run-oriented drive when down by two scores, and then with it all on the line, call one of the most mind-boggling combination of plays I've ever seen. It's not that Schotty is all bad, it's that when he is bad he's so unbelievably bad it leaves you wondering how he ever got this job to begin with. After five years of this nonsense, and absolutely no signs that he's learned from any of his past mistakes, it's time to move on. There's definitely some positives there and maybe he'll do better with another go for a different team, but the Jets have given him no incentive to learn from his mistakes, and so he hasn't. The Jets have gotten as far as they ever will with him. Could it end up being worse? Possibly, but letting that kind of fear control your decisions is as "Same Old Jets" as you can get.

I really don't know how you scapegoat schotty when the defense spent the entire first half getting run over against a very average run offense.. Add it continued even though they lost thier best OL on the first drive..

Steelers first half drives:

9 minutes, 15 play 66 yards that ended in TD

4 minutes, 8 play 55 yard drive that ended in 4th down INT

5 minute, 8 play drive that ended in FG

4 minute, 7 play drive that ended in TD

They went up and down the field on us, got momentum with the early TD and kept it..

Our two minute offense last night was enough to get someone fired. We did exactly what the Patriots got killed for last week.

The Cotchery end around was bizarre.

Heh.

Gotta love an ill-timed end-around to the slowest WR we have... awesome.

While I'm a big Sanchez fan and think he's made great strides and will concede you certainly have to give some credit to Schotty for that, the Jets AFC Championship runs have been more about defense and the OL then anything else. Think about this, all it took was one bad half of football in the entire playoffs from the defense, and the Jets run was over. That said, I actually don't think Schotty is all bad, the guy just can't get out of his own way. There are times where you can definitely see what some of his employers and defenders see in him, but that's not the problem. The problem is, he continues to make mind-numbingly stupid decisions on a far too regular basis that seriously hinder this team and shows absolutely ZERO ability to learn from these mistakes.

How many times does he need to run an end-around with the teams slowest WR before he realizes it NEVER WORKS?!? How do you slowly bleed the clock on a long, run-oriented drive when down by two scores, and then with it all on the line, call one of the most mind-boggling combination of plays I've ever seen. It's not that Schotty is all bad, it's that when he is bad he's so unbelievably bad it leaves you wondering how he ever got this job to begin with. After five years of this nonsense, and absolutely no signs that he's learned from any of his past mistakes, it's time to move on. There's definitely some positives there and maybe he'll do better with another go for a different team, but the Jets have given him no incentive to learn from his mistakes, and so he hasn't. The Jets have gotten as far as they ever will with him. Could it end up being worse? Possibly, but letting that kind of fear control your decisions is as "Same Old Jets" as you can get.

I'm having a hard time following you here. You are claiming that Sanchez had very little to do with our playoff runs, yet our offense has found ways to score despite him but Schotty doesnt get the credit there?

I really don't know how you scapegoat schotty when the defense spent the entire first half getting run over against a very average run offense.. Add it continued even though they lost thier best OL on the first drive..

They went up and down the field on us, got momentum with the early TD and kept it..

That and the fact that the Steelers D, with a lead, is 10x harder to face than it is when they are trailing or its a tight game.

I'm having a hard time following you here. You are claiming that Sanchez had very little to do with our playoff runs, yet our offense has found ways to score despite him but Schotty doesnt get the credit there?

I agree with you on this. As you know, I believe Sanchez has been overcoming Schittiness and Sanchez is a great QB. We do not agree on this. That is fine.

You consistently put the blame on Sanchez and praise Schotty. That is logically consistent. I am okay with that.

What I can't however get behind is the people that are certain that Sanchez sucks, claim the offense is still good, and also want to blame Schitty. You can blame Schitty AND Sanchez and say the offense sucks. That's consistent. You can blame one or the other and then say the offense is overcoming the other one and is good in spots.

If the offense is good somebody has to be responsible for it being good. Everyone can't be bad. If the offense isn't good one or both can be at fault, that makes sense too.

Pick a bandwagon however. Either get on the anti-Schitty or anti-Sanchez ones, or hell get on both.

I agree with you on this. As you know, I believe Sanchez has been overcoming Schittiness and Sanchez is a great QB. We do not agree on this. That is fine.

You consistently put the blame on Sanchez and praise Schotty. That is logically consistent. I am okay with that.

What I can't however get behind is the people that are certain that Sanchez sucks, claim the offense is still good, and also want to blame Schitty. You can blame Schitty AND Sanchez and say the offense sucks. That's consistent. You can blame one or the other and then say the offense is overcoming the other one and is good in spots.

If the offense is good somebody has to be responsible for it being good. Everyone can't be bad. If the offense isn't good one or both can be at fault, that makes sense too.

Pick a bandwagon however. Either get on the anti-Schitty or anti-Sanchez ones, or hell get on both.

Sanchez won me over during this postseason run. I still think he's awful at times, but his ability to step it up and deliver on the big stage is something you cant teach. I'm really hoping he can pan out to be a great QB and get rid of some his inconsistent play...because he has something that is hard to place a value on. I by no means, think Schotty is great. I do however, thinks he's be crippled a lot by poor QB'ing.

The thing about it all is, you get rid of Schotty and you bring someone else in...so much changes from that. I dont think many people understand this. And I guarantee, 100%, no matter who the play caller is...this fan base, will not be happy. Nobody, and I mean nobody, calls a perfect game. I'm sure Chicago Fans are up in arms about their reverse they ran after a time out and I think most would agree Martz is much better than Schotty. It happens, nobody calls a perfect game. Hell, the Steeler fans have been calling for Arians head all season long, and they are headed to the Super Bowl.

Sanchez won me over during this postseason run. I still think he's awful at times, but his ability to step it up and deliver on the big stage is something you cant teach. I'm really hoping he can pan out to be a great QB and get rid of some his inconsistent play...because he has something that is hard to place a value on. I by no means, think Schotty is great. I do however, thinks he's be crippled a lot by poor QB'ing.

The thing about it all is, you get rid of Schotty and you bring someone else in...so much changes from that. I dont think many people understand this. And I guarantee, 100%, no matter who the play caller is...this fan base, will not be happy. Nobody, and I mean nobody, calls a perfect game. I'm sure Chicago Fans are up in arms about their reverse they ran after a time out and I think most would agree Martz is much better than Schotty. It happens, nobody calls a perfect game. Hell, the Steeler fans have been calling for Arians head all season long, and they are headed to the Super Bowl.

When QBs continually play better with other QB coaches/OCs it's probably not the fault of the quarterbacks. Drew Brees, Philip Rivers, Brett Favre, Chad Pennington - all played significantly better the year after they left Schotty's tutelage than they did under Schotty. That is a trend that suggests there was less wrong with the QBs than there was with Schotty.

When QBs continually play better with other QB coaches/OCs it's probably not the fault of the quarterbacks. Drew Brees, Philip Rivers, Brett Favre, Chad Pennington - all played significantly better the year after they left Schotty's tutelage than they did under Schotty. That is a trend that suggests there was less wrong with the QBs than there was with Schotty.

Cool. I hear this a lot.

Pete Carmichael, Darrell Bevel, Clarence Shelmon, Dan Henning are all so much better than Schotty. Duh.

Schitty has his issues and I'd fall into the anti-Schitty crowd. I thought he did improve out of necessity this year, giving Sanchez easier completions and having better routes run. But his issues are major and his approach to the first half boggles the mind.

That said, we can't allow our Schitty bashing to cloud the fact that the defense ruined this game. The Steelers' front 7 is head & shoulders better than the Jets' front 7. That has alot to do with the Jets' offensive problems early.

But even with that, the Jets defense only needed to make 1 play at the end. One measily play on 3rd & 6 and couldn't do it. That's where the blame lies.

Schitty has his issues and I'd fall into the anti-Schitty crowd. I thought he did improve out of necessity this year, giving Sanchez easier completions and having better routes run. But his issues are major and his approach to the first half boggles the mind.

That said, we can't allow our Schitty bashing to cloud the fact that the defense ruined this game. The Steelers' front 7 is head & shoulders better than the Jets' front 7. That has alot to do with the Jets' offensive problems early.

But even with that, the Jets defense only needed to make 1 play at the end. One measily play on 3rd & 6 and couldn't do it. That's where the blame lies.

Judging by this game alone would be ignorant though.

The fact of the matter is, he has simply not got it done since he's been here, and it's been the same issues every ******* year with every QB/WR/RB. He's a disaster.

They did suck...and still only gave up 17pts. That should be enough to win on the road.

It was an overall effort. The D was on the field for 9 minutes and the O did nothing to give them a breather. We got beat by a better team. Thats sports.

Judging by this game alone would be ignorant though.

The fact of the matter is, he has simply not got it done since he's been here, and it's been the same issues every ******* year with every QB/WR/RB. He's a disaster.

Oh, absolutely. This game is just more evidence against Schitty. It's a body of work that's the issue.

I just wish the Jets would have gotten the ball back. I trust Sanchez more than Schitty and Rex's D's sole job there was to give their offense a chance and they failed miserably.

They found themselves with a first and goal at the 2-yard line. Shonn Greene powered his way to the one on first down, and the next three play calls will be the ones that torment the fans this offseason.

Because it wasn’t so much that they failed, but how they failed, with offensive coordinator Brian Schottenheimer calling pass plays on second and third downs.

The Jets needed a yard, and Schottenheimer wasn’t confident enough in his offensive line to line up and get it. Finally, on the fourth down play, LaDainian Tomlinson ran into that wall of Pittsburgh defenders.

“I just tried to fight as hard as I could,” Tomlinson said. “I wanted to extend the ball, but there was a lot of traffic and I couldn’t get the ball up there to extend it. That was a missed opportunity

Hind sight is always 20/20. If he runs it 4 straight times and doesnt get in...then we'd be discussing how stupid Schotty was for running it 4 straight times against a historically great run defense.

I doubt anyone here would do that. Whatever your identy is, whatever got you to a crucial point...you ALWAYS go back to what you are...and they didn't. They tried to get cute and it blew up in Schotty boy's face.

They did suck...and still only gave up 17pts. That should be enough to win on the road.

It was an overall effort. The D was on the field for 9 minutes and the O did nothing to give them a breather. We got beat by a better team. Thats sports.

the defense brought new meaning to the wrd terrible in the first half

In retrospect- the goal line stand really didnt kill us. We got the ball right back on a safety and scored a TD.

The defense just couldn't get a stop when it mattered. Fact is, the defense got lucky on the 3rd down against the Colts....Ben just happened to complete that same exact pass to put us out of our misery.

Oh, absolutely. This game is just more evidence against Schitty. It's a body of work that's the issue.

I just wish the Jets would have gotten the ball back. I trust Sanchez more than Schitty and Rex's D's sole job there was to give their offense a chance and they failed miserably.

I would've liked to see that as well.. was runing the calcs in my head, 1:10 no timeouts, ball at the 20... would've been tough.. but could've been epic.. rex was so mad when the defense gave up those 2 first downs

I doubt anyone here would do that. Whatever your identy is, whatever got you to a crucial point...you ALWAYS go back to what you are...and they didn't. They tried to get cute and it blew up in Schotty boy's face.

Really? Dont know why you'd give these jackamo's the benefit of the doubt. ;-)

the defense brought new meaning to the wrd terrible in the first half

I think weather had more to do with it than the D.

The defense was pitiful, but they sure could have used a few first downs from the offense to allow them to get some rest. The offense couldn't do a thing in the first half as usual, and the hole was just too deep to dig out of.

And the 3 play calls made on the goal line stop are a fireable offense on their own. That was just indescribably stupid and an utter decision making failure. I don't see how we can trust this guy to help us get to the Super Bowl when he chokes in the biggest spots.

The defense was pitiful, but they sure could have used a few first downs from the offense to allow them to get some rest. The offense couldn't do a thing in the first half as usual, and the hole was just too deep to dig out of.

And the 3 play calls made on the goal line stop are a fireable offense on their own. That was just indescribably stupid and an utter decision making failure. I don't see how we can trust this guy to help us get to the Super Bowl when he chokes in the biggest spots.

offense was put in a hole going up a very good defense with a crowd that was into it with the early td. Tough task, especially for a defense that should've outmatched the opposing offense

In retrospect- the goal line stand really didnt kill us. We got the ball right back on a safety and scored a TD.

The defense just couldn't get a stop when it mattered. Fact is, the defense got lucky on the 3rd down against the Colts....Ben just happened to complete that same exact pass to put us out of our misery.

Except if we scored a td on that drive there would have been around 7 minutes left and we would only have been down by a TD. Instead we cut the lead to 12 and took a few minutes to get the TD, and were left with only 3+ minutes left IIRC. Even if the D made the stop at the end the offense would have needed to go 60-70 yards in just over a minute. Not scoring that TD absolutely killed us.

offense was put in a hole going up a very good defense with a crowd that was into it with the early td. Tough task, especially for a defense that should've outmatched the opposing offense

Of course it's a tough situation playing in Pitt, but it was essential for the offense to sustain a drive with the way our D was getting run over. No doubt the D gets a lot of blame for the loss but the offense did pretty well in the 2nd half, and their first half performance was just as inexcusable as the D's was.

Archived