This is not SOJ!!!!!

JetsFanInDenver

I know a lot of us are hurting.

But there is no way anyone can bring SOJ into the discussion.

SOJ would have laid down after a 24 pt deficit in the first half. This team has a lot of heart. Lot of courage. To be 24 pts down on the road in hostile conditions and still come back and make it a one possession game.

If this season did anything. It BURIED the SOJ!!!!!

Same old Jets would have been the game tied with 10 seconds left on the clock. Jason Taylor sacks big ben, picks up the ball and runs into the endzone.

Our endzone. Rips of his Jets jersey wearing a t-shirt with the Dolphins logo and the words "SURPRISE BITCHES!" on it.

SOJ this is not.

SOJ would have laid down after a 24 pt deficit in the first half. This team has a lot of heart. Lot of courage. To be 24 pts down on the road in hostile conditions and still come back and make it a one possession game.

I agree. Trust me I am ready to kill someone right now. Just a terrible time walking out of an opponents stadium for a 2nd straight year after a loss. It sucks. It hurts. But the Jets are headed in the right direction as little as anyone wants to hear that, it is true.

WHAT! It's not SOJ? are you kidding?

SAME OLD JETS don't suck, they are just good enough to give you hope then KILL IT!

THIS IS PROTOTYPICAL SAME OLD JETS!

Believe what you want, AFC Championship game next year, yeah ****in right?

SOJ is alive and well.

BS Crybaby.

We lost to a better team tonight. As CTM said, we were on the road, and underdogs. Pittsburgh's a good football team who played good football tonight. Good enough to win.

The choices aren't always Jets Win and Jets Beat Themselves. Tonight proved that. Take a step back into a not so Jet-centric view of the NFL and it's pretty obvious.

BS Crybaby.

We lost to a better team tonight. As CTM said, we were on the road, and underdogs. Pittsburgh's a good football team who played good football tonight. Good enough to win.

The choices aren't always Jets Win and Jets Beat Themselves. Tonight proved that. Take a step back into a not so Jet-centric view of the NFL and it's pretty obvious.

Oh, my bad. You're right.

The steelers decided it was a good idea to pass the ball on first and goal 3 times in a row. The steelers decided not to catch a freakin pass, like J-Co. The steelers decided not to call obvious holding penalties against one team.

You are exactly right! How stupid of me.

Carry on. I'm sorry to interrupt your championing of mediocrity and excuses. Don't mind me.

I wish we could trade these SOJ fags to another team.

lol, sorry I didn't mean to type FAGS there, I meant to type "fans", not FAGS. It was a Freudian slip, I didn't mean to type FAGS even though I might have been thinking it. Again, "fans", not FAGS or FAGGOTS or DOUCHEBAGS, or anything like that. My bad.

lol, sorry I didn't mean to type FAGS there, I meant to type "fans", not FAGS. It was a Freudian slip, I didn't mean to type FAGS even though I might have been thinking it. Again, "fans", not FAGS or FAGGOTS or DOUCHEBAGS, or anything like that. My bad.

you should be an eagles fan. Or fag

Lol. I smiled, just slightly. Thanks, lol.

And ftr, same OLD Jets do indeed mean sucking. If fans haven't noticed...the team hasn't exactly had a rich history of getting close then losing as underdogs. They have a rich history of being laughable. I'm pretty young, but not too young to remember those days.

This is the WORST feeling I have EVER had after a Jets game, and it's going to linger for a pretty f'ng long time...but at least we're not the laughing stock of the league any more. I actually heard people calling folks bandwagon Jets fans...and they were RIGHT. Since when were our beloved Jets good enough to have bandwagon fans? I hope our day comes, I do. And honestly, the 4-12 seasons didn't hurt as bad as this one, no. But geez, have some pride in our team. These are not the SOJ's. They may be a new kind of excruciatingly painful team to watch, but they are NOT those pathetic jokes anymore.

We're one of 31, folks. It ain't easy.

Let's see..........42 years since a Super Bowl appearance. Every year since then, no championship of the conference or Super Bowl. This means that the ultimate outcome has been the same for 42 years. That is amazing consistency as exhibited by our team. Now we have 2 consecutive AFCCG appearances and...........same results. As results are the measure of professional sports and we have the same results again, I would say that SOJ still applies.

That second half performance was really impressive. I still can't figure out what Mark Sanchez is because I still find him wildly inconsistent but the way he responded in the 2nd half today certainly was impressive. He may sail some balls and he may force some really head scratching decisions some times, but at least you're not stuck with Chad Henne.

That second half performance was really impressive. I still can't figure out what Mark Sanchez is because I still find him wildly inconsistent but the way he responded in the 2nd half today certainly was impressive. He may sail some balls and he may force some really head scratching decisions some times, but at least you're not stuck with Chad Henne.

AGAIN PLEASE GO CRY ABOUT YOUR LOSER QB ON YOUR OWN ****In' SITE.

DOUCHEBAGS LIKE U ONLY SHOW UP WHEN THE JETS LOSE. Where the **** were u the last two weeks?

GO AWAY ASSCLOWN!

**** THEM...SOJ losing a meaningful game.

In this situation I have to agree. I think the "SOJ" phantom made its last hurrah tonight. The SOJ simply isnt about losing. OH NO...The SOJ's is about digging a 24-0 hole and expecting to get out of it in 2 qtrs agains the 2nd best defense in the league. The reason why I know that it was the "SOJ's" last hurrah, was that The SOJ would have folded after half time.

These Jets really tried to make the superbowl. and with that I think Rex finally got rid of this SOJ situation.

We're going to the Superbowl next year.

Oh, my bad. You're right.

The steelers decided it was a good idea to pass the ball on first and goal 3 times in a row. The steelers decided not to catch a freakin pass, like J-Co. The steelers decided not to call obvious holding penalties against one team.

You are exactly right! How stupid of me.

Carry on. I'm sorry to interrupt your championing of mediocrity and excuses. Don't mind me.

If we were perfect, we'd be 18-0 right now. The Steeler's D shut down a lot of teams this year. I assume every single one of those offensive coordinators should be fired, and those teams are a joke.

Honestly, the two best teams in the NFL are playing in the Super Bowl in two weeks. The Jets are not one of them. But, they're pretty close.

If we were perfect, we'd be 18-0 right now. The Steeler's D shut down a lot of teams this year. I assume every single one of those offensive coordinators should be fired, and those teams are a joke.

Honestly, the two best teams in the NFL are playing in the Super Bowl in two weeks. The Jets are not one of them. But, they're pretty close.

EY and CTM you guys have posted a lot of great stuff with just the right amount of being able to step back and see the big picture stuff since the game ended. Damn, I can only think of 2 games this year that we really sucked in: the Miami game and the Pats blowout. That's a pretty ******* good season if you ask me.

The Steeler's D is good, no doubt. They were the best in the league. I get that. What I don't get is why Schotty called the plays he called. That has nothing to do with how the Steeler's D performed. Not to mention, Schotty has been calling plays like that against a lot of teams, not just the Steelers. Schotty simply does things that baffle a lot of people. He outcoaches himself.

As far as the two best teams playing in the Superbowl, I have to completely disagree. The Steelers were not the better team last night. They were the more fortunate one. I have a very hard time watching that game, and believing that the officials called a fair game. They simply didn't. They were inconsistent. They allowed the Steelers to hold a lot. They called that obvious pass, a fumble. The ref's did a lot that turned out to be fortunate for the Steelers. However, the Jets simply didn't help themselves either.

I think Schotty has actually done a good job with Sanchez, but I feel that his playcalling is often a liability, as it was last night.

It's a tough loss. I would love to commend the Steelers for the win, but I simply don't think they did enough to win it without the help from some questionable officiating, some horrible playcalling by Schotty, and some poor execution from the Jets players. All of those things that I mentioned, that had nothing to do with the Steelers, had to happen for them to pull out that win.

Well, they did all happen, and the Steelers are heading back to the Superbowl. I guess that's just the luck part of it. In my opinion the Steelers didn't execute all that well, but they still got the win. I guess that makes them better, I don't know.

I never understood the Jet fans' infatuation with SOJ.

They act as if winning a championship is their God-given right and when it doesn't happen, God has cursed them. It's quite ridiculous and pathetic.

No team has a more right or less right to a championship. Think about this: the Steelers have gone to 15 AFCCG and won 8 of them. That means they've lost SEVEN AFCCG, and most of those were at HOME. That's the NFL.

As to "moral victories" I don't see anyone trying to claim that. But hey, a lot of fans wanted to harp on moral losses because the Jets didn't win like the fans wanted to.

How anyone can call this team the SOJ is beyond me.

The SOJ, get blown out in NE...blown out!

Nothing about the Rex Ryan Jets is the SOJ...nothing.

The SOJ, dont beat Manning and Brady on the road in the playoffs. I dont think some of you are actually taking into consideration how terribly hard it is to beat 3 SB winning QB in a row, on the road, in the playoffs.

The bottom line is that the Jets need to win their division and get a bye. That's the easiest road to the SB. They Jets have been to 4 AFCCG and been on the road in all 4 and got a bye once (1998). The Jets have been the underdog in every one of those games. They faced a SB champion QB in 3 of those games.

Improve the front 7, win the division, and get homefield advantage. Then let's see what happens.

Archived