This is not SOJ!!!!!

JetsFanInDenver

How anyone can call this team the SOJ is beyond me.

The SOJ, get blown out in NE...blown out!

Nothing about the Rex Ryan Jets is the SOJ...nothing.

The SOJ, dont beat Manning and Brady on the road in the playoffs. I dont think some of you are actually taking into consideration how terribly hard it is to beat 3 SB winning QB in a row, on the road, in the playoffs.

Well said.

And for all those screaming "SOJ" - the above was posted by perhaps the single most negative-focused Jets fan I know. JiF doesn't predict a Jets loss every week because he is going for reverse Karma, he does it because he honestly believes we are going to lose every week.

How anyone can call this team the SOJ is beyond me.

The SOJ, get blown out in NE...blown out!

Nothing about the Rex Ryan Jets is the SOJ...nothing.

The SOJ, dont beat Manning and Brady on the road in the playoffs. I dont think some of you are actually taking into consideration how terribly hard it is to beat 3 SB winning QB in a row, on the road, in the playoffs.

you're a Jets fan a lot like myself JiF-maybe it's because we both live down here in Dolphinsland that we can see the bigger picture.

The bottom line is that the Jets need to win their division and get a bye. That's the easiest road to the SB. They Jets have been to 4 AFCCG and been on the road in all 4 and got a bye once (1998). The Jets have been the underdog in every one of those games. They faced a SB champion QB in 3 of those games.

Improve the front 7, win the division, and get homefield advantage. Then let's see what happens.

We need to host the AFCCG next year.

yes this isn't SOJ because SOJ only broke our hearts every ten years or so, the New and Improved Jets are making it an annual occurence

come on Johnny-this was a fun year to be a Jets fan bro...we won more than twice as many as we lost and saw a lot of good stuff

The Steeler's D is good, no doubt. They were the best in the league. I get that. What I don't get is why Schotty called the plays he called. That has nothing to do with how the Steeler's D performed. Not to mention, Schotty has been calling plays like that against a lot of teams, not just the Steelers. Schotty simply does things that baffle a lot of people. He outcoaches himself.

There were a few head scratchers, yes but ultimately, to put this on Schotty is to absolve the 11 guys on the field who for the open 30 minutes were completely outplayed. I don't think Schotty called a great game, but the amount of whining about him after this game is unmerited, and in truth, ignores the fact that the Pittsburgh Steelers are a good football team who played good football.

As far as the two best teams playing in the Superbowl, I have to completely disagree. The Steelers were not the better team last night. They were the more fortunate one. I have a very hard time watching that game, and believing that the officials called a fair game. They simply didn't. They were inconsistent. They allowed the Steelers to hold a lot. They called that obvious pass, a fumble. The ref's did a lot that turned out to be fortunate for the Steelers. However, the Jets simply didn't help themselves either.

Jets got plenty of calls too, 3 1st downs in the 1st half off of penalties. If you're referring to the two would be personal fouls, neither were terrible no calls. If they went the other way, you'd say, 'let them play'. The roughing the kicker was roughing the kicker, I don't like the rule because if Westerman's pinky finger is a quarter in longer it's a blocked punt, but it is what it is. If you're talking about the fumble incomplete/pass, that's a difficult judgment call and the way it was made on the field is the way it was going to stay. Don't let your QB get smashed by two guys and that doesn't happen. The Steelers went up 24-0 on us, they were the better team last night.

I think Schotty has actually done a good job with Sanchez, but I feel that his playcalling is often a liability, as it was last night.

I think since the Steelers regular season game, his playcalling his been significantly improved. Is he a great offensive coordinator, no. But you can't put this loss on him either. Even if you say we should have scored at the 1 w/ better playcalling. Ok, now we're down 1 TD and they get the ball. What your asking for is them to get a stop, come down, score again, and then get another stop, and either win this game in OT, or on a very quick last drive. That's a lot of assumptions. Remember, after falling down 10-0, we were down two scores until there was 2:30 left in the game. We got beat.

It's a tough loss. I would love to commend the Steelers for the win, but I simply don't think they did enough to win it without the help from some questionable officiating, some horrible playcalling by Schotty, and some poor execution from the Jets players. All of those things that I mentioned, that had nothing to do with the Steelers, had to happen for them to pull out that win.

That's because, like most Jets fans, you're looking at the game from a very Jet-centric point of view. The Jets either win the game or they beat themselves. No way that poor execution had anything to do with the Steelers. It's just mistakes by the Jets.

Well, they did all happen, and the Steelers are heading back to the Superbowl. I guess that's just the luck part of it. In my opinion the Steelers didn't execute all that well, but they still got the win. I guess that makes them better, I don't know.

The executed well enough to go into the half at 24-3. Then executed well enough to prevent losing the second half 22-0. You don't have to dominate for 60 minutes. You just have to win. They did. We didn't.

Also, Joe Namath and the 1968 Jets had to win how many games to win a championship?

TWO.

Yes, Namath only had to win 2 games to become a champion, one of them AT HOME and the other at a neutral field.

The Jets have had to take a tougher road to the SB since then. The goal has to be make that road easier. Until the Jets do that they will be decided underdogs.

Well said.

And for all those screaming "SOJ" - the above was posted by perhaps the single most negative-focused Jets fan I know. JiF doesn't predict a Jets loss every week because he is going for reverse Karma, he does it because he honestly believes we are going to lose every week.

Truth.

you're a Jets fan a lot like myself JiF-maybe it's because we both live down here in Dolphinsland that we can see the bigger picture.

Definitely plays a factor. 28 teams in the NFL would die to have been the Jets last night.

We need to host the AFCCG next year.

Definitely.

yes this isn't SOJ because SOJ only broke our hearts every ten years or so, the New and Improved Jets are making it an annual occurence

I giggled.

s far as the two best teams playing in the Superbowl, I have to completely disagree. The Steelers were not the better team last night. They were the more fortunate one.

Honestly, I would just stop right there. Officiating is never perfect. The great teams, they need to overcome.

Honestly, I would just stop right there. Officiating is never perfect. The great teams, they need to overcome.

Here is what I don't understand........the D did not tackle for squat in the first half.......but the same poor tacklers were out there in the second half and we shut them out. What changed? The approach, the scheme? Where was that in the first half? Worse than that was the offense in the first half. We all watched the Ravens come out firing and get up 21-7 on them the prior week. They did this by throwing the ball all over the park. Were our coaches smarter than theirs? Were we much better at running the ball than them? Did we have to "outsmart" the Steelers by running reverses that started and ended 7 yards behind the line due to their fast LB's? Was Schotty scared to let Sanchez throw the ball (like in the Ravens and Packer games) until they were way behind and had no choice? Not to mention first down from the 2 with a one-yard gain by Greene on first down.....then the inexplicable passes on second and third. Even Simms was saying they should run it up in there. They had 3 downs to go 1 yard.

I believe that the Jets were out-coached, plain and simple. Rex and Schotty got their asses handed to them in the first half, and now the season is over. Do the players deserve blame? Sure. They dropped 2 easy interceptions and a few passes and made Mendenhall look like Jim Brown. But those same players were out there in the second half. Could they have taken any longer to run their plays while 2 scores down? What were the coaches thinking?

It is so difficult to get to these games, that you simply cannot afford to shat the bed the way this coaching staff did. I do not expect to get back there next season.

Not same old jets. Beating the pats in thier house in the playoffs as HUGE. Jeez, we were underdogs for a reason. You guys are acting like we were home in and 9 pt favorites, like the pats..

I think of this team as the Neo-SOJ the Same Old Jets that have more heart than a card game

I'm kinda hoping for another same ole Jets Next year...Same Ole Jets move on to another AFC Championship Game...only tack on a step or two till we get the Lombardi Trophy in our hands...

As disappointed as I am in the outcome from last night's game here is a little reflection:

The Steelers team that just vanquished ours lost two AFCCG plus a Super Bowl loss in the 1990s. Then they lose two more AFCCG in the early 00s before breaking the door down in 05. Now they have a chance to win a third Super Bowl in five years.

Rome wasn't built in a day.

Oh HELL no. I agree. I actually feel a lot of pride with the way this team has played. Yeah I'm pissed about the loss but our HC ain't going anywhere and the QB is 24.

Agreed. And our Qb is actually improving. As competitive as we've been, our upside is higher than it was two years ago.

i like where we are as bummed as I am today.

I'm kinda hoping for another same ole Jets Next year...Same Ole Jets move on to another AFC Championship Game...only tack on a step or two till we get the Lombardi Trophy in our hands...

As disappointed as I am in the outcome from last night's game here is a little reflection:

The Steelers team that just vanquished ours lost two AFCCG plus a Super Bowl loss in the 1990s. Then they lose two more AFCCG in the early 00s before breaking the door down in 05. Now they have a chance to win a third Super Bowl in five years.

+1

Great post. Its year 2 for both Rex and Sanchez. The team is going in the right direction and we have the right captain. I'm confident about that. I didnt expect either of these 2 seasons to be successful. I figured around year 3 is when we'd start seeing every come together.

Not everyone is as fortunate as Brady and Ben. Players that come in and see immediate success with amazing teams built around them. Most of them it takes time. How long did it take for Elway, Favre, Manning, Brees, Young, to win a SB? I'm not saying Sanchez is that, but he's going to have a long career and I think Rex will too.

I'm pretty excited about the future of this team to be honest. Even after a heartbreaking loss.

Here is what I don't understand........the D did not tackle for squat in the first half.......but the same poor tacklers were out there in the second half and we shut them out. What changed? The approach, the scheme? Where was that in the first half? Worse than that was the offense in the first half. We all watched the Ravens come out firing and get up 21-7 on them the prior week. They did this by throwing the ball all over the park. Were our coaches smarter than theirs? Were we much better at running the ball than them? Did we have to "outsmart" the Steelers by running reverses that started and ended 7 yards behind the line due to their fast LB's? Was Schotty scared to let Sanchez throw the ball (like in the Ravens and Packer games) until they were way behind and had no choice? Not to mention first down from the 2 with a one-yard gain by Greene on first down.....then the inexplicable passes on second and third. Even Simms was saying they should run it up in there. They had 3 downs to go 1 yard.

I believe that the Jets were out-coached, plain and simple. Rex and Schotty got their asses handed to them in the first half, and now the season is over. Do the players deserve blame? Sure. They dropped 2 easy interceptions and a few passes and made Mendenhall look like Jim Brown. But those same players were out there in the second half. Could they have taken any longer to run their plays while 2 scores down? What were the coaches thinking?

It is so difficult to get to these games, that you simply cannot afford to shat the bed the way this coaching staff did. I do not expect to get back there next season.

I agree with this. I'm sure the Dolphins and Packers both expected multiple SBs with Marino and Favre, but they have one SB win between the two of them and I think what, 3 total appearances? Most people were claiming these teams would be dynasties after these guy's second years of starting.

You can never expect to get back. This is why having sh*tty coaches is such crap. Even the great coaches can't even find their way back. Do people honestly think Brady and BB just turned into morons suddenly? They're still the best combination in football, they just can't win it all anymore because it takes a certain amount of luck as well. Maybe they'll win the next 3 years because things break for them again, who knows. I do know that it seems unlikely the Jets will ever win one, let alone 3 in a decade. Maybe the coaches will get better, but I rarely see Championship teams play as stupidly as the Jets usually do on fundamental things.

At least the clock management got better. I just don't know how offensively this team will ever get fundamentally better, they have been doing the same stupid things for 5 years now. A lack of talent and bad luck are one thing, but you lower your chances of success immeasurably by sabotaging yourself with bad design and fundamental flaws.

If we make it to - and lose - the AFCC next year we will become SOBs... Same Old Bills :P

Archived