This Season Was A Failure

The Gun Of Bavaria

The goal was a Super Bowl.

We didn't get there......again.

So sick of being happy with Wild Cards and title game appearances.

There is zero to be happy about. Nothing.

No Super Bowl Appearance! No AFC Championship. No AFC East Championship. Nada!

Enough of this "We've been inept so long I'm just happy to be there" and enough of the ra-ra crap already.

This season was an utter and complete failure an for any fan to be happy about this season is ludicrous.

• Replies 166
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Enough of this "We've been inept so long I'm just happy to be there" and enough of the ra-ra crap already.

This season was an utter and complete failure an for any fan to be happy about this season is ludicrous.

We were the AFC East Champions. Well we weren't but we were.

And you're wrong. Incredibly wrong actually. That game was a ******* heartbreaker, sickening. But to say no positives came out of it is outrageous. Once again our franchise QB showed that he is a gamer, he was outstanding in the second half. Look at the Superbowl, look at the QB's that are left...Look at who has dominated the past Superbowls. Manning, Brady, Roethlisberger, Brees - Top ******* QB's!

Sanchez is the future of this team and the more I watch him in the playoffs the more convinced I am that he will win one. He has it.

100% Right. With the amount of talent on this team, this is on the coaches, but who cares...

SAME OLD JETS!

two years ago you didnt even know what a championship game smelled like. Sure the super bowl was the goal but that is the goal every year. You dont start the season saying man i hope we at least win one game. We came up short, be a man and own up to the loss. You act like getting this far is easy. Hell im willing to bet that when Ryan signed Morts bus saying we were Super Bowl bound you thought he was crazy. Im willing to bet that after that loss to Baltimore you were the first to say thats it this team sucks the season is over. Im willing to bet that after that loss to NE and then the loss to Miami you were ready for a new coach and a new QB. Stop acting like none of us are disappointed with the loss. Get over yourself we are all pissed. The difference is that we have a level head about it and dont let this stop us from eventually reaching our goal. Instead of worrying about the same old jets maybe we should start worrying about the

SAME OLD FANS

This team has 12 free agents. Since Rex thinks they are all the best they will want to be paid like that. Everyone on the Jets acts like they already won the SB and wants to be recognized for it and paid for it, but they never win anything. I sincerely doubt this team looks the same next year. The Jets need to hope some more draft picks develop and sign some other cheap FAs. I think Braylon and Holmes can be signed, so might as well grab them both.

Maybe Jenkins doesn't get injured this time. He would have helped, although I can't say Pouha was bad or anything. Jenkins should be able to play well into his mid-late 30s.

Maybe the Jets shouldn't have done so much talking but who knows. I hear the Steelers did a lot of talking after winning, except for the coach who was respectful as always and made a point of saying the Jets were well coached and were competitors. I've heard other people say the Jets are a team of loudmouth thug braggarts and a choir boy (Sanchez). I guess in the end all that matters is if the Jets win. The media was just about to really jump onto the bandwagon, and some are already on it. If the media starts talking for the Jets, the Jets will then be totally insulated from the consequences of saying anything and can truly bully opponents into submission, much like Ali and Jordan always did, but somehow they are now both considered "classy." The only difference from "trash talk" and "classy" is if you win. Win a few SBs and history will always claim you are classy. Lose and nobody cares or most people just invent how much they hate you.

Jay Cutler is probably the toughest QB in the league behind one of the worst lines. I said he'd get knocked out by the first half by that Packers pass rush, and when he does everyone suddenly forgets how many hits he's taken all year and is bashing him. Because he lost.

Its not failure. We did get rid of the monkey on the back that is the Pats. We went to their crib and beat them up when it mattered.

Nobody is happy right. Everybody in green and white is hurting.

But to call a season a fail is overreaching.

I can understand. Emotions run high at this point. Hope all of us get over it.

nobody is saying be happy GOB

it's just not the end of the world.....jan 21st 2012 is

and we still have Sanchez and Revis

also i'll say this: thank god Revis did not sit out the whole year because we never would have been CLOSE and I won't have to sit there and wonder what would have been if Revis had played

I'm sorry. I guess I should be happy with our 4th AFC Runner-Up Title. Let me know when the AFC Runner-Up banner raising ceremony is.

Nobody said you should be happy with that.

You said This season was an utter and complete failure an for any fan to be happy about this season is ludicrous. . That statement , I don't agree with.

Nobody is happy they lost. People are trying to pick positives out and that is a healthy exercise. Regardless, every Jets fan wanted a win tonight. So if some people feel good about this season, I say good for them.

nobody is saying be happy GOB

it's just not the end of the world.....jan 21st 2012 is

and we still have Sanchez and Revis

also i'll say this: thank god Revis did not sit out the whole year because we never would have been CLOSE and I won't have to sit there and wonder what would have been if Revis had played

You mean December 21st 2012 right?

oh please,, has a second year coach/qb combo ever won a SB? we made ourselves legitimate and proved last year wasn't a fluke.. wring ur hands in private

Nobody said you should be happy with that.

You said This season was an utter and complete failure an for any fan to be happy about this season is ludicrous. . That statement , I don't agree with.

Nobody is happy they lost. People are trying to pick positives out and that is a healthy exercise. Regardless, every Jets fan wanted a win tonight. So if some people feel good about this season, I say good for them.

This. And every other fanbase does it too. Some just do it earlier in the season.

I agree. It was a failure. Yea, it was a great time. I have to admit that, and that a$$ kicking we laid on the Pats was priceless. But truth is truth and the superbowl is what we had our eyes set on. If we would have made it and lost I would have been cool with that. But to NOT GET THERE????

Its a failed season.

P.S. Is that you in the avatar, that guy likes high as a mofo! lol.

Last year, I knew we lost to the better team. This year I am really disappointed. I do like the Coach and Quarterback and think the nucleus is good. However, I am worried at the roleplayers that we will lose, the schedule is harder and I do not think we will be in this position in next year.

Archived