Dustin Keller

Irish Jet

• Replies 78
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Yeah, except I've been saying it for a while.

He's a terrible TE IMO.

How long you have been wrong isn't the point. The point is that this is when you'll get the bandwagon jumpers. I'm disappointed too. In the game and Keller. OTOH, the guy had the most catches on the team and IMO they should have worked to get him the ball more, not less. Cotchery is the one that disgraced himself for the majority of the season.

How long you have been wrong isn't the point. The point is that this is when you'll get the bandwagon jumpers. I'm disappointed too. In the game and Keller. OTOH, the guy had the most catches on the team and IMO they should have worked to get him the ball more, not less. Cotchery is the one that disgraced himself for the majority of the season.

the fact that cotchery disgraced himself doesn't preclude Keller from also having doing so.. he can't block and grades out as one of the worst starters as a pass catcher (-3.4% dvoa, 54% catch rate). He has terrible feet and seems to not have much football sense. There's been a good number of people who haven't been keller fans for awhile..

the fact that cotchery disgraced himself doesn't preclude Keller from also having doing so.. he can't block and grades out as one of the worst starters as a pass catcher (-3.4% dvoa, 54% catch rate). He has terrible feet and seems to not have much football sense. There's been a good number of people who haven't been keller fans for awhile..

Me.

He's a bonehead and an awkward player.

If you look at dallas Clarks first three seasons Dustin Keller was better in every aspect.He had a good season and will only get better.You want to point a finger point it at Schotty,about every rout he gets is a 5 yard turn around and wait to get mauled rout.His blocking was good this year aswell.He's a good tight end and we should be happy to have him.Typical New Yorkers find a bag full of twenty dollar bills and your pissed their not fifties.What a stupid thread.

1 30 New York Jets Keller, DustinDustin Keller TE Purdue Big Ten from Green Bay

1 30.5– New England Patriots selection forfeited due to "Spygate" scandal[9]

1 31 New York Giants Phillips, KennyKenny Phillips S Miami (FL) ACC

2 32 Miami Dolphins Merling, PhillipPhillip Merling DE Clemson ACC

2 33 St. Louis Rams Avery, DonnieDonnie Avery WR Houston C-USA

2 34 Washington Redskins Thomas, DevinDevin Thomas WR Michigan State Big Ten from Oakland via Atlanta

2 35 Kansas City Chiefs Flowers, BrandonBrandon Flowers CB Virginia Tech ACC

2 36 Green Bay Packers Nelson, JordyJordy Nelson WR Kansas State Big 12 from New York Jets

2 37 Atlanta Falcons Lofton, CurtisCurtis Lofton LB Oklahoma Big 12

2 38 Seattle Seahawks Carlson, JohnJohn Carlson TE Notre Dame Ind. from Baltimore

2 39 San Francisco 49ers Rachal, ChiloChilo Rachal G USC Pac-10

2 40 New Orleans Saints Porter, TracyTracy Porter CB Indiana Big Ten

2 41 Buffalo Bills Hardy, JamesJames Hardy WR Indiana Big Ten

2 42 Denver Broncos Royal, EddieEddie Royal WR Virginia Tech ACC

2 43 Minnesota Vikings Johnson, TyrellTyrell Johnson S Arkansas State Sun Belt from Carolina via Philadelphia

2 44 Chicago Bears Forté, MattMatt Forté RB Tulane University C-USA

2 45 Detroit Lions Dizon, JordonJordon Dizon LB Colorado Big 12

2 46 Cincinnati Bengals Simpson, JeromeJerome Simpson WR Coastal Carolina Big South

2 47 Philadelphia Eagles Laws, TrevorTrevor Laws DT Notre Dame Ind. from Minnesota

2 48 Washington Redskins Davis, FredFred Davis TE USC Pac-10 from Houston via Atlanta

2 49 Philadelphia Eagles Jackson, DeSeanDeSean Jackson† WR California Pac-10

I remember being incredibly pissed when I saw that **** Schefter come on the screen to say we hadn't traded up to get Jackson but a ******* TE.

Hahahahahahaha..... This still makes me laugh!!!

Keller's Purdue highlights make him look like a completely different player.

I dont know what happened with him. He was great early as a rookie and has gotten worse. Just a stumbling mess.

Not fighting for that first down on 3rd and 10 summed up his career.

Ok.

Miller is always missing games hurt,Keller hasn't missed a game and Millers tangibles are no way near Keller's.Nobody was complaining after last years playoffs and now you want to throw him under the bus?He played a good game don't put all the blame on Keller. Holmes dropped ALOT(more than keller) of money balls and what about Sanchez inacurate passes all season?..Get outa here typical new yorkers find a duffel bag full of twenties and are pissed their not fifties Gimme a break.Keller will be a pro bowler and we will all be shutting our pie holes.When your playing great we love you,when your playing not at your best you suck...Does that sum it up?

Uh oh! Numbers geeks alert! B) or whatever is the applicable smiley.

I don't know about these stats, because I haven't studied them and most times I try to read FBO I end up wanting to cleat somebody in the face. The fact is, the kid looks inconsistent. He is probably at the position most dependent on QB play and has had inconsistent QB play. I am not a Schottenheimer hater, but the guy has not used TEs much in his time here either. Hating and complaining about Keller and trading him to get rid of him are two different things.

Me.

He's a bonehead and an awkward player.

Fair enough. Personally I hate what I see from Santonio Holmes. He does some great things, but he seems super lazy and does things that would get kids (deservedly) benched in Pop Warner.

Keller's Purdue highlights make him look like a completely different player.

I dont know what happened with him. He was great early as a rookie and has gotten worse. Just a stumbling mess.

Not fighting for that first down on 3rd and 10 summed up his career.

I agree about Purdue. He seemed almost like a running back. I would try to get that out of him and force the ball to him short early. They do that sometimes with success and other times forget about him for complete games. Maybe it's how he's defended, but I doubt it. They could try the same thing to Holmes but don't.

I'd have Keller lose weight in the off season and basically tell him you're playing h-back like Dallas Clark.

He's looked a bit heavier recently...possibly why he cant run. He's also a guy that doesnt strike me as an offseason workaholic.

Maybe. He never seemed even slightly out of shape, so I don't know where the not an off-season workaholic comes from, but I'm not sure about him either. I'd imagine they wanted him to bulk up to play every down.

Miller is always missing games hurt,Keller hasn't missed a game and Millers tangibles are no way near Keller's.Nobody was complaining after last years playoffs and now you want to throw him under the bus?He played a good game don't put all the blame on Keller. Holmes dropped ALOT(more than keller) of money balls and what about Sanchez inacurate passes all season?..Get outa here typical new yorkers find a duffel bag full of twenties and are pissed their not fifties Gimme a break.Keller will be a pro bowler and we will all be shutting our pie holes.When your playing great we love you,when your playing not at your best you suck...Does that sum it up?

I'm not blaming Keller. I just don't think he's a good football player and would like to see someone who is a good football player play instead.

Typical New Yorker? lol

I hate Schotty as much as anyone but Keller is useless. Everything he's supposed to be good at - He isn't.

He so inconsistent, he's always coevered, even when he makes the catch he seems to have a defender right there. It makes it incredibly hard for Sanchez to fit them in. He's a QB's nightmare.

You mean like in the Indy game when he was open at the goal line, running parallel to it for 17 yards with no one near him, and Sanchez never threw him the ball until he'd reached the coverage at the sideline?

I like Sanchez, but he's also made it hard for receivers (including Keller) to look as good as they are (nevermind making them look better than they are like the game's best passers). He throws behind his receivers, too high, too low, and too late too often. It'll improve; he's got his best football ahead of him. But don't confuse his clutch late play mask how awful he's looked in the first half or more of almost every game he's ever played for us. I would love to see Schottenheimer replaced with someone better, but c'mon Schottenheimer doesn't gameplan for Sanchez to not hit guys in stride or not throw the ball their way at all until the coverage has caught up to them. Same thing with Keller. The guy is certainly not playing like a star TE - which is the only type a fan accepts when a first round pick, to say nothing of trading up into the first round, is used to get him. But watching from TV most games I can only imagine what I've seen in the few games I've been to. Guys are open on a lot of plays where the ball is delivered off-target or isn't delivered their way at all.

When Sanchez doesn't hesitate so much before letting the ball loose, and becomes more accurate when he does, it'll go a long way to making any receiver or playcaller look a whole lot better. Even one like Schottenheimer who I dislike.

I have a question about Sanchez: How clutch is he, really?

I think that Sanchez inadequacies cause receivers to lose the ball. It seems like they are getting it in the wrong location, at the wrong time, etc. I think it makes them sometimes miss catchable balls and even sometimes have drops. Example, the roll out to Keller in the endzone. It also might contribute to their not continuing to work when the play breaks down.

When the QB play sucks it is difficult to keep concentration. Maybe the WR are the clutch ones, making plays when they are locked in and concentrating at the end of games. For instance, Edwards catch at the end of the Indy game. He knew the ball was coming and knew he had to make the catch. He was locked in. He also had the advantage of knowing when it was coming. It's easy to say that they should be locked in all the time, but that level of concentration is difficult to keep up with all the time.

This is a bullsh*t theory and a WAG, but I do think Sanchez works against those catching the ball. I also think he is worse the closer they are. Some of his passes to backs are atrocious.

I have a question about Sanchez: How clutch is he, really?

I think that Sanchez inadequacies cause receivers to lose the ball. It seems like they are getting it in the wrong location, at the wrong time, etc. I think it makes them sometimes miss catchable balls and even sometimes have drops. Example, the roll out to Keller in the endzone. It also might contribute to their not continuing to work when the play breaks down.

When the QB play sucks it is difficult to keep concentration. Maybe the WR are the clutch ones, making plays when they are locked in and concentrating at the end of games. For instance, Edwards catch at the end of the Indy game. He knew the ball was coming and knew he had to make the catch. He was locked in. He also had the advantage of knowing when it was coming. It's easy to say that they should be locked in all the time, but that level of concentration is difficult to keep up with all the time.

This is a bullsh*t theory and a WAG, but I do think Sanchez works against those catching the ball. I also think he is worse the closer they are. Some of his passes to backs are atrocious.

jinx

Uh oh! Numbers geeks alert! B) or whatever is the applicable smiley.

I don't know about these stats, because I haven't studied them and most times I try to read FBO I end up wanting to cleat somebody in the face. The fact is, the kid looks inconsistent. He is probably at the position most dependent on QB play and has had inconsistent QB play. I am not a Schottenheimer hater, but the guy has not used TEs much in his time here either. Hating and complaining about Keller and trading him to get rid of him are two different things.

Fair enough. Personally I hate what I see from Santonio Holmes. He does some great things, but he seems super lazy and does things that would get kids (deservedly) benched in Pop Warner.

I agree about Purdue. He seemed almost like a running back. I would try to get that out of him and force the ball to him short early. They do that sometimes with success and other times forget about him for complete games. Maybe it's how he's defended, but I doubt it. They could try the same thing to Holmes but don't.

Maybe. He never seemed even slightly out of shape, so I don't know where the not an off-season workaholic comes from, but I'm not sure about him either. I'd imagine they wanted him to bulk up to play every down.

Just watching the youtube clips....he looks like a different guy at Purdue. Quicker, stronger, more agile....and yeah, I saw a recent pic of him working out(yes, totally gay) but he isnt exactly Thomas Jones.

You mean like in the Indy game when he was open at the goal line, running parallel to it for 17 yards with no one near him, and Sanchez never threw him the ball until he'd reached the coverage at the sideline?

I like Sanchez, but he's also made it hard for receivers (including Keller) to look as good as they are (nevermind making them look better than they are like the game's best passers). He throws behind his receivers, too high, too low, and too late too often. It'll improve; he's got his best football ahead of him. But don't confuse his clutch late play mask how awful he's looked in the first half or more of almost every game he's ever played for us. I would love to see Schottenheimer replaced with someone better, but c'mon Schottenheimer doesn't gameplan for Sanchez to not hit guys in stride or not throw the ball their way at all until the coverage has caught up to them. Same thing with Keller. The guy is certainly not playing like a star TE - which is the only type a fan accepts when a first round pick, to say nothing of trading up into the first round, is used to get him. But watching from TV most games I can only imagine what I've seen in the few games I've been to. Guys are open on a lot of plays where the ball is delivered off-target or isn't delivered their way at all.

When Sanchez doesn't hesitate so much before letting the ball loose, and becomes more accurate when he does, it'll go a long way to making any receiver or playcaller look a whole lot better. Even one like Schottenheimer who I dislike.

That first paragraph is actually an interesting one.

the coverage over here broke that play down and he wasn't open at all. He should have stopped. But he didn't. He was running towards the coverage that meant if Sanchez lead him at all it was going to be a pick.

Keller to me just doesn't play consistently enough in the recieving game and is a liability blocking wise. I'd rather see him play in the slot, if anywhere.

That first paragraph is actually an interesting one.

the coverage over here broke that play down and he wasn't open at all. He should have stopped. But he didn't. He was running towards the coverage that meant if Sanchez lead him at all it was going to be a pick.

Keller to me just doesn't play consistently enough in the recieving game and is a liability blocking wise. I'd rather see him play in the slot, if anywhere.

Bro he was wide open for multiple seconds. Sanchez just doesn't know where all his receivers are at all times. He's young and therefore that's to be expected somewhat (and it will improve with experience), but it also means you don't blame others for his obvious shortcomings.

You've got a point. Ken O'Brien almost killed Al Toon.

If those were the only problems I wouldn't blame Schitty like I do. Schitty uses way too many useless shifts, doesn't get playcalls in quickly, uses too much gimmicky stuff that just fails, and seems to have no feel for a rhythm of the game. One of my peeves is when there is a questionable call. If it's questionable in your favor and you're on offense everyone should be coached to run to the line and run a quick play. We never do that. We also don't go into the no-huddle near quickly enough. We rarely play with a sense of urgency.

That's a lot of things to fix up and they should have been fixed a long time ago. Everything else I can excuse. Hell I can even live with the useless shifts, as long as you get the playcall in and mix it up with no shifts and quick snaps. We always get less plays as an offense than other teams because we waste so much time and always come out unprepared as well.

That first drive should pretty much just be a no-huddle drive, every play should already be scripted. Everyone should already know each sequence of plays. Even if it's 3 and out, at least you should know the 3 plays.

Archived