Putizer.....A Conspiracy Theory????

JonEJet

Think about it

Denver picks right in front of us in the draft at #25

We REALLY want Heath Miller

Terry has his feelers out there.....feels that Miller could drop to us. Only team that NEEDS a TE would be the Broncos

Throws a $$$$$$ out there for Puts KNOWING the Broncos will match

Having invested MILLIONS in the TE position already, the Broncos can't add more $$$$$ to the TE position, and pass on Miller

Bradway gets his man. Bradway is a genius

Interesting, very intersting :-k

Think about it

Terry has his feelers out there.....feels that Miller could drop to us. Only team that NEEDS a TE would be the Broncos

Having invested MILLIONS in the TE position already, the Broncos can't add more $$$$$ to the TE position, and pass on Miller

damn, you come up with that yourself dude???

wow, that would be awesome if they did that

Think about it

If we go with a TE with the first pick, we're nuts. We have more pressing issues then a TE at pick 26...besides, knowing our history with TE's, I'd be hesitant picking one up so early...hell, we haven't had a descent TE since Mickey Shuler.

If we go with a TE with the first pick, we're nuts. We have more pressing issues then a TE at pick 26...besides, knowing our history with TE's, I'd be hesitant picking one up so early...hell, we haven't had a descent TE since Mickey Shuler.

One of the prime CB's crop coming out or one of the tackles like Brown or Barnes should be taken with our first pick. Too many bad memories of us picking tight end in the first round.

I read that Heimerdinger has viewed tapes of Becht and like what he does - as a blocker. He said that a lot of Curtis Martin's success last year was due to Becht's blocking.

I think we have more pressing needs than a TE but Bradway doesn't think that way. Bradway is definitely not a genius!

1) Drafted Lamont Jordan while Martin is in the prime of his career when the Jets could have used that pick for an impact player and signed a backup RB as a free agent or drafted one in a lower round.

2) Traded up to draft Santana Moss as a punt returner/#3 receiver. Great, exciting player but the Jets had more pressing needs than Moss and shouldn't have traded up to get him. Moss developed because Coles was allowed to leave.

3) Let Laveranues Coles go in free agency because they didn't want to pay him and knew they had Moss.

4) Traded up to get DeWayne Robertson. Great pick, no doubt, but we would have been better off with the potential 2 impact players in the first round.

5) Traded Sanata Moss to get Coles back because the Jets have soured on Moss - they don't like the fact that he runs out of bounds too much, which is BS.

Bradway & Edwards have not really improved the team since they took over. They inherited a 9-7 team from Parcells/Groh with an offense that ran up down the field on the Ravens (best defense in the league and won SB that year) but lost because of Vinnie's "untimely" INT's (2 for TD's, one 90+ yards=14point turnaround).

They overhauled the defense twice, fired DC Teddy Cottrell and then OC Paul Hackett. They have run out options and now full blame goes on Bradway & Edwards. The main difference between the Jets and Patriots is that Bill Belichick and right hand man Scott Pioli are much better than Bradway & Edwards.

What if... BIll Belichick stayed with the Jets?

What if Woody Johnson stepped up and said "if I get ownership of the Jets, I want Bill Belichick!" He didn't, Bill left and took Charlie Weis, Eric Mangini and Scott Pioli with him.

Years earlier, the Jets are all set to draft Brett Favre and with the pick before, Atlanta drafts Favre even though they don't need a QB. Jets select Browning Nagle, QB Louisville.

The next year Jets Assistant GM, Ron Wolfe leaves to become GM of the Packers. He outbids the Jets to sign Reggie White and then makes a trade with Atlanta for Brett Favre. What if...

I read that Heimerdinger has viewed tapes of Becht and like what he does - as a blocker. He said that a lot of Curtis Martin's success last year was due to Becht's blocking.

I think we have more pressing needs than a TE but Bradway doesn't think that way. Bradway is definitely not a genius!

1) Drafted Lamont Jordan while Martin is in the prime of his career when the Jets could have used that pick for an impact player and signed a backup RB as a free agent or drafted one in a lower round.

2) Traded up to draft Santana Moss as a punt returner/#3 receiver. Great, exciting player but the Jets had more pressing needs than Moss and shouldn't have traded up to get him. Moss developed because Coles was allowed to leave.

3) Let Laveranues Coles go in free agency because they didn't want to pay him and knew they had Moss.

4) Traded up to get DeWayne Robertson. Great pick, no doubt, but we would have been better off with the potential 2 impact players in the first round.

5) Traded Sanata Moss to get Coles back because the Jets have soured on Moss - they don't like the fact that he runs out of bounds too much, which is BS.

Bradway & Edwards have not really improved the team since they took over. They inherited a 9-7 team from Parcells/Groh with an offense that ran up down the field on the Ravens (best defense in the league and won SB that year) but lost because of Vinnie's "untimely" INT's (2 for TD's, one 90+ yards=14point turnaround).

They overhauled the defense twice, fired DC Teddy Cottrell and then OC Paul Hackett. They have run out options and now full blame goes on Bradway & Edwards. The main difference between the Jets and Patriots is that Bill Belichick and right hand man Scott Pioli are much better than Bradway & Edwards.

What if... BIll Belichick stayed with the Jets?

What if Woody Johnson stepped up and said "if I get ownership of the Jets, I want Bill Belichick!" He didn't, Bill left and took Charlie Weis, Eric Mangini and Scott Pioli with him.

Years earlier, the Jets are all set to draft Brett Favre and with the pick before, Atlanta drafts Favre even though they don't need a QB. Jets select Browning Nagle, QB Louisville.

The next year Jets Assistant GM, Ron Wolfe leaves to become GM of the Packers. He outbids the Jets to sign Reggie White and then makes a trade with Atlanta for Brett Favre. What if...

strong first post new guy but those arguements are old and inaccurate, your biggest problem is that BB left way before Woddy bought the team and the full blame for that is placed on BP's shoulders

the other points have already been argued inexoribly

Way before? I don't think so. When BB left it was because the team had no owner (not Parcells) and Woody Johnson was by far the front runner of the 3 final bidders. BB quit, Parcells then hired Groh and stayed on as Woody's front office guy for a year. Then Woody hired Bradway.

BB was involved in a bad situation in Cleveland and was not about to take a job and have the "new" owner fire him so he can bring in his own guy or have that hanging over him.

He got along with Kraft (he was the liaison betwen Parcells and Kraft in NE). He went with an owner who wanted him and one he trusted, as opposed to the unknown.

I remember at the time saying, "Since this Woody Johnson is going to be the new owner, why doesn't he come out and say he wants Belichick as his coach if he gets the team."

Everytime Parcells quit , it had to do with ownership change. He was closer to Tim Mara, than Wellingon Mara with the Giants. Tim sold his 50% to Tisch after they won the SB and then betwen health concerns and not knowing the owners, Parcells quit.

He left NE after Kraft bought the team (took away sme of his power) and he quit the Jets a year after Leon Hess died.

Way before? I don't think so. When BB left it was because the team had no owner (not Parcells) and Woody Johnson was by far the front runner of the 3 final bidders. BB quit, Parcells then hired Groh and stayed on as Woody's front office guy for a year. Then Woody hired Bradway.

exhibit A

Belichick turns down Jets' coaching job and quits

Web posted Wednesday, January 5, 2000

By Barry Milner

Associated Press

NEW YORK -- Instead of following Bill Parcells as head coach of the New York Jets, Bill Belichick chose to follow Parcells' lead. He resigned.

One day after Parcells said he was through coaching, his hand-chosen successor, defensive coordinator Belichick, dropped his own bombshell: He didn't want the job, either.

In the tightly controlled environment of pro football, where players, coaches and staff move in step, Belichick's sudden reversal of field Tuesday was startling.

``The uncertainty surrounding the ownership of the team, and a number of other things, had an effect on my decision,'' said Belichick, whose Jets contract stipulates he would become head coach when Parcells stepped down. ``I know the commitment that needs to be made, and I don't feel in the current situation I can lead the Jets with 100 percent conviction. The situation is one of great uncertainty, and I just don't feel I can go forward.''

Belichick is concerned about the team's pending sale -- the estate of Leon Hess, who died in May, is in the final stages of that sale -- and how much security he might have with the new owners.

``I have to make a decision that I understand what's at skate and I just don't feel that I can lead the Jets in the year 2000,'' he said. ``I've been in a situation and, more importantly, my family has been in a situation where I was the head coach of a team in transition, of a team that went through a lot of changes, and frankly it wasn't a real good experience for me or them.''

He was referring to his five-year stint in Cleveland, when the Browns went 37-45 and he was fired.

``I'm not saying that would happen here. I don't know what would happen, what I would need to do. I don't feel that I can do it right now.

``I've been concerned about the situation here since Leon Hess died. We talked about all the stipulations. By Dec. 15, there was going to be an owner. It's Jan. 4. We've run through scenarios and it seems like every time we talk, a new scenario takes place. There hasn't been a consistent pattern.''

He also said he was unsure exactly what Parcells' input would be as chief of football operations. Parcells was unavailable for comment, although he said Monday that Belichick would run the entire football side of the franchise.

But Belichick admitted he didn't exactly get a pep talk from his predecessor.

``It's about the whole package, built up over a period of months. It really was triggered when Bill said, `If you have that many questions -- and I can't answer them all, I'm not the new owners, I'm not selling the team -- if you have that many reservations about it, then you should think about whether you want to be in this job.''

Belichick didn't, and he told team president Steve Gutman so only moments before stepping into the conference room.

Then, in a rambling news conference before a stunned audience, Belichick also made clear his concerns about his contract. He was making $750,000 a year on a deal that has another three years left, and was paid a $1 million bonus last January.

The New England Patriots, whom he left in 1997 to follow Parcells to New York, faxed the Jets on Monday, seeking permission to talk to Belichick about their coaching position. The Patriots fired Pete Carroll on Monday.

But Belichick already was coach of the Jets, at least contractually, and could not negotiate with New England.

The NFL on Tuesday barred any other team from contacting Belichick while it looks into his contract, which the Jets said they still consider binding. They would be owed compensation if Belichick went elsewhere, which he could do only with their permission.

``I understand that I have a contract. I understand that there are rules and interpretations of the contract ... I'm no lawyer and there are plenty of them around, and I'll let them deal with it.''

Exhibit B

2000 Robert Wood Johnson IV Buys Jets

The Estate of the late Leon Hess, owner of the Jets since 1963, announces that it has entered into a definitive agreement with Robert Wood Johnson IV to sell the New York Jets for $635 million. The NFL finance committee unanimously agreed to recommend to the league the approval of the sale to Johnson at its meeting on Jan. 18. The executors of the Hess Estate said: "The late Leon Hess was the proud owner of the Jets since 1963. He had a special love for the team and its many loyal fans. The Hess family will remain strong supporters of the Jets and wishes Mr. Johnson, Bill Parcells, the entire Jets organization and players every success in the future and thanks the many loyal Jets fans." (Jan. 11).

you are right it wasn't way before but 2 weeks before, again the point is that Woody had no right or authority to contact BB about anything at the point taht BB quit

Think about it

Great post and it mskes a hell of alot of sense IMO. Either way, the Jets make out in this situation, barring another team doesn't nab Miller ahead of them.

Are you kidding me, Woody Johnson has no right? All 3 of the final bidders have a right, especially the leading contender. You and I have (had) a right. Bill Belichick is the on with the decision. He can then say, nice gesture but I still don't know ...it's an uncertain situation.

Parcells situation was secondary. Belichick worked for/with Parcells with Giants for what 9-10 years and then 1 in New England and Belichick stepped down as HC of the Jets when they hired Parcells. Remember that? Belichick was actually HC of the Jets twice and never coached a game. They would have worked that out. He turned down HC offers/interviews to remain DC of the Jets. The media makes it that these 2 guys hate each other and that's all BS. BB hired BP's son-in-law. You don't think they keep in touch/up to date throgh Scott Pioli.

NY media did the same thing with Pat Riley and Jeff Van Gundy. Riley hired Stan Van Gund as an assistant in Miami and made him the HC now. Most coaches don't really fraternize with each other anyway.

How many coiaches do you think Herm chats with? I'll bet 1-2 Tony Dungy and maybe Dick Vermeil.

Our 1st round pick will not be a TE--we still have Baker..which could be worse

We're gonna draft a CB.

* We could also possibly trade our 4th Rd Pick for PUTZIER--which has been rumored..

But please, don't waste our 1st Rd pick on a TE...

Archived