Dallas weather not cooperating for Super Bowl

visajets

Super Bowl in 2014 should be interesting.

Texas's weather has been unusally cold and snow-totally unexpected. Here we know what to expect in early Feb

...you can know what to expect, yet it still makes things so cumbersome.

The SB is all about TV revenues and merchandising. If it weren't, there would ne NO SB's in open stadiums in cold weather cities. It will suck for the people attending the game (let alone the festivities that will, for the most part, be moved in doors in the event of snow, blizzard, ice storm, sleet.....). SB in NY is a horrid idea. Another good one by Sargent moneybags Goodell.

The difference is that NY/NJ is used to this type of weather so they're better prepared to handle it. I've had users from Texas calling in saying they aren't equipped to deal with this type of weather. That's making things out there seem a lot worse than if the same thing happened here.

Prediction ... the 2014 Super Bowl in NY/NJ will be the most watched, the most marketable, and the most profitable Super Bowl ever up to that point.

No doubt about it.

Probably.

Still, I'd like to see car pile-ups, mass transit breakdowns, lawsuit-invoking snowball fights, and maybe another power failure.

I would love to see NY buried in one foot snow when it hosts the Super Bowl.

So we play the entire season in some of the coldest, ball freezing parts of the country but Super Bowl is always played in warm weather ?

Of course you would - because you will be watching from an indoor, warm location with beer, wings and a big flat screen tv. Please don't forget to think the Snickers commercial was funny - it cost a lot of money. Actually - next time you head to Sam's Club - buy a big pack of Snickers, okay?

Of course you would - because you will be watching from an indoor, warm location with beer, wings and a big flat screen tv. Please don't forget to think the Snickers commercial was funny - it cost a lot of money. Actually - next time you head to Sam's Club - buy a big pack of Snickers, okay?

That's stinging sarcasm. It "hurts"! :)

But the point remains. We play the entire season in some of the coldest, ball freezing parts of the country but Super Bowl is always played in warm weather ?

And there are fans out there in the stands supporting their team.

That's stinging sarcasm. It "hurts"! :)

But the point remains. We play the entire season in some of the coldest, ball freezing parts of the country but Super Bowl is always played in warm weather ?

And there are fans out there in the stands supporting their team.

This isn't about "we" or the Jets or the Pats or Greenbay or Pitt - all of which play in cold climates....it's about the biggest game on a day that feels like a national holiday. It should be played in warmer weather so the people that actually dole out the outrageous money to witness the game in person does not have to do so in a Nor'easter. Sure, home fans go to see their home team in cold weather....but I bet you that the vast majority would prefer to go see them play the SB in San Diego if they could afford it.

Personally, I think the biggest game of the year should be played on a neutral site where weather will not impact the game. I want to see talent versus talent. Not talent versus the elements.

So the pussification of the NFl now extends to the fans?

Yes, exactly that.

So you think a stadium of superbowl attendees will be filled with die-hard NFL fans?

Do tell us more. Please include your master plan for the correction of society in your exalted perfect image. Will you be the only one shaking a baby rattle or would you allow your loyal subjects to partake?

Yes, exactly that.

So you think a stadium of superbowl attendees will be filled with die-hard NFL fans?

Do tell us more. Please include your master plan for the correction of society in your exalted perfect image. Will you be the only one shaking a baby rattle or would you allow your loyal subjects to partake?

I think the greatest city in the world can handle a SB, Boston couldnt make a go of it, unless pats got in

I think the greatest city in the world can handle a SB, Boston couldnt make a go of it, unless pats got in

Such a typical response by a Jets fan.

Last time I checked, all Northern cities can handle snow - that's not the issue. The issue is how bad a winter of snow, ice and freezing rain can make travel. Traffic, hazardous walkways, etc. The money spent on making roads safe is crazy now - what will it be like when the world is watching? An outdoor, northen venue for a Superbowl is stupid. The superbowl is for everyone...not just the die hard Jets fan.

I will never understand the lure of games in frigid temps, snow storms, ice storms, mud bowls, etc. It sucks to sit in. Coudl be fun to watch on TV - but you know that the teams are not only battling themselves, but teh elements. I don't know about you all, but for me that diminishes the game a little.

This isn't about "we" or the Jets or the Pats or Greenbay or Pitt - all of which play in cold climates....it's about the biggest game on a day that feels like a national holiday. It should be played in warmer weather so the people that actually dole out the outrageous money to witness the game in person does not have to do so in a Nor'easter. Sure, home fans go to see their home team in cold weather....but I bet you that the vast majority would prefer to go see them play the SB in San Diego if they could afford it.

Personally, I think the biggest game of the year should be played on a neutral site where weather will not impact the game. I want to see talent versus talent. Not talent versus the elements.

The vast majority are not true football fans. And i do not and i am sure most football fans would not give a rat's a$$ what they think about the game.

Infact it would be amazing if these trolls have to sell their tickets below face value to real fans who would love the chance to see their teams vying for the Super Bowl!

The vast majority are not true football fans. And i do not and i am sure most football fans would not give a rat's a$$ what they think about the game.

Infact it would be amazing if these trolls have to sell their tickets below face value to real fans who would love the chance to see their teams vying for the Super Bowl!

I am a true football fan, and if I were lucky enough to win the lottery and (season tickets holders do not automatically get tickets to SB) get to buy tickets at face - trust me, in February I would want the eff out of Boston and in Southern FLA. Sorry, just because I'm a big Football fan doesn't mean I'm an idiot.

What does that have to do with the fans in attendance? If they're the pussies you think they are, what does the venue city matter?

If Championship week can be played in below zero weather, why cant the SB ? I didnt call NY fans pussies. A NY SB will be great for NY and will be a success.

If Championship week can be played in below zero weather, why cant the SB ? I didnt call NY fans pussies. A NY SB will be great for NY and will be a success.

The game certainly can be. The SB is different. People spend upwards of 5 figures per seat (not including jacked-up accommodations). Plus it is far more of a national - actually, worldwide - event than the championship games.

Just because one can do something doesn't mean that one should do something. There are many things we're all capable of doing, where prudence suggests there are wiser moves to make.

Besides all I wrote was this:

It's going to be hysterical in 2014 when there's a foot of snow on the roads, 4 foot high snow drifts on the curbs, and 30mph winds

Which, by the way, would be hysterical. And from this you started some silliness about the pussification of whatever's bothering you today, BUT then clarified it to suggest this pussification would only hold true if it were in Boston not in NY (which it technically isn't, anyway). Much anger there is in you.

And Boston's a pretty nice city actually. The only problem with Boston is its inhabitants.

I am a true football fan, and if I were lucky enough to win the lottery and (season tickets holders do not automatically get tickets to SB) get to buy tickets at face - trust me, in February I would want the eff out of Boston and in Southern FLA. Sorry, just because I'm a big Football fan doesn't mean I'm an idiot.

So a true football fan likes fair weather. The irony! :)

So a true football fan likes fair weather. The irony! :)

Ha! Pretty funny.

I've been a fan of the Pats for a very long time and I have sat in all sorts of crappy weather watching a poduct that was often poor at best...does the name Hugh Millen ring a bell? I think this qualifies me to speak on the subject. Screw winter weather games. I'd rather watch when it's sunny and 70 degrees. Tailgating is better too. Why anyone would choose harsh weather baffles me.

Ha! Pretty funny.

I've been a fan of the Pats for a very long time and I have sat in all sorts of crappy weather watching a poduct that was often poor at best...does the name Hugh Millen ring a bell? I think this qualifies me to speak on the subject. Screw winter weather games. I'd rather watch when it's sunny and 70 degrees. Tailgating is better too. Why anyone would choose harsh weather baffles me.

You still miss the point. Fans of the competing SB teams would not mind the cold weather. Who gives a damn what anyone else thinks. I think there should be more fans from competing teams who should end up at the game.

If you want 70 and sunny you can always take a vacation somewhere warm. On that note enjoy your vacation. :)

You still miss the point. Fans of the competing SB teams would not mind the cold weather. Who gives a damn what anyone else thinks. I think there should be more fans from competing teams who should end up at the game.

If you want 70 and sunny you can always take a vacation somewhere warm. On that note enjoy your vacation. :)

exactly!!! More fans and less suits!

Such a typical response by a Jets fan.

Last time I checked, all Northern cities can handle snow - that's not the issue. The issue is how bad a winter of snow, ice and freezing rain can make travel. Traffic, hazardous walkways, etc. The money spent on making roads safe is crazy now - what will it be like when the world is watching? An outdoor, northen venue for a Superbowl is stupid. The superbowl is for everyone...not just the die hard Jets fan.

I will never understand the lure of games in frigid temps, snow storms, ice storms, mud bowls, etc. It sucks to sit in. Coudl be fun to watch on TV - but you know that the teams are not only battling themselves, but teh elements. I don't know about you all, but for me that diminishes the game a little.

Listen Garb, I know you're cynical enough to understand that it's all about the money. Maybe 100,000 people will be at the Super Bowl - and there will be no problem selling and reselling tickets to the event if a blizzard is scheduled to strike during an earthquake - but over 100M people will be watching on TV. And the bigger disaster the weather is, the bigger spectacle it will be, and the more people will watch. Diehard football fans love miserable weather games, and casual fans will be glued to the TV watching the teams slog around in the slush. It's a huge $$$ grab. And if it pays off, there will be more.

Listen Garb, I know you're cynical enough to understand that it's all about the money. Maybe 100,000 people will be at the Super Bowl - and there will be no problem selling and reselling tickets to the event if a blizzard is scheduled to strike during an earthquake - but over 100M people will be watching on TV. And the bigger disaster the weather is, the bigger spectacle it will be, and the more people will watch. Diehard football fans love miserable weather games, and casual fans will be glued to the TV watching the teams slog around in the slush. It's a huge $$$ grab. And if it pays off, there will be more.

good point slats!

The whole train wreck theory is now cast.

It would be disturbingly entertaining. I like it!

Archived