Clue Mafia - Game on!

Lily

you laid the seeds for this vote 2-2 pages ago, and then quickly hope on at #4 after pac, slats and teh noob drop the votes you instigated.. do not like..

tempted to vote vic now..

That's fine. I just find it funny when the post you quote tells you why I was voting at that point and didn't before. With Lily not setting a deadline I felt free to prod elsewhere to see if I got results. If Lily had set a deadline is there really a point in my putting a vote on Barm when I'd have to swing what, 12 votes to get him lynched?

Anyways, don't' expect me to fight you too hard on this.

• Replies 3.3k
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Considered it, but was also trying not to move my vote around too much. Given the criticism of "spray and pray"

Why would a townie worry about how his vote is being interpreted..

honestly dude, I'd hate to vote you off day 1. If only for how much you are contributing and making the game enjoyable, but you're making it hard not..

That's fine. I just find it funny when the post you quote tells you why I was voting at that point and didn't before. With Lily not setting a deadline I felt free to prod elsewhere to see if I got results. If Lily had set a deadline is there really a point in my putting a vote on Barm when I'd have to swing what, 12 votes to get him lynched?

i saw the explanation.. reading after the fact gives a much different perspective then realtime.. so, i read you goading barm votes.. then a few pages later you swoop in and put vote #4 down, it kinda jumps off the page

Anyways, don't' expect me to fight you too hard on this.

ha!

I'm going to go ahead and give you your deadline now. No point in waiting. If you can't lynch somebody in 4 days, you never will.

Deadline will be 8PM tomorrow (Thursday) MST. That's 10PM for you East Coasters.

honestly dude, I'd hate to vote you off day 1. If only for how much you are contributing and making the game enjoyable, but you're making it hard not..

Because at that point, I was the 2nd leading vote getter - didn't want to give extra fuel to the jackals casing me.

i saw the explanation.. reading after the fact gives a much different perspective then realtime.. so, i read you goading barm votes.. then a few pages later you swoop in and put vote #4 down, it kinda jumps off the page

ha!

Like I said, I can't fight too hard because I understand the rationale. All I can do is provide a screenshot of my calendar proving I was in meetings. Unfortunate timing really.

Still looking through, but yes, Pac does. Besides the subdued nature this game, his flip from I28 to Barm based on a case Slats never made was suspicious. Screwed up that BG gets to skate again, but real life is screwing things up so let's see how long he slides.

Wondering how we went from 128 to Barm so quickly in the "fast train on JC" mode. Gotta look through on the rationale behind voting on all 3.

Go back in the kitchen and stick your head in the oven.

I most certainly did not "flip to Barm based on a case Slats never made". I said I was prepared to vote him earlier in the day based solely on his inactivity. When I saw Lily say there would be no deadline imposed tonight I made good on my promise. Not my fault 70 people piled on right after I voted.

People keep saying Vic is their "# 1 target". Yet no one has the balls to vote him. Maybe this will help make the game more entertaining for Lily.

UNVOTE

Vote: Vic

I don't think it's so much about balls as it is the fact there's an unwritten rule you don't lynch the player who modded the previous game on day 1. It's similar to the rule thta's keeping you alive right now.

I don't think it's so much about balls as it is the fact there's an unwritten rule you don't lynch the player who modded the previous game on day 1. It's similar to the rule thta's keeping you alive right now.

So you're saying the power that keeps Vic alive, the power that's running through his veins.....is running through my veins too? How do I harness this power?

If it comes to it... I want you to hammer me.

So you can bask in the glory of your own hypocrisy.

In lieu of the imposed deadline...

unvote

vote: I-20-ape

I've stated numerous reasons, but calling out Song as opportunistic for voting JC right after he did really stands out.

Sorry to not hammer you, sport, but I really prefer not to do what you say.

And if you actually know the meaning of the word hypocrisy, it's clear you're completely unaware of the concept of self-evaluation.

unvote

I've stated numerous reasons, but calling out Song as opportunistic for voting JC right after he did really stands out.

And if you actually know the meaning of the word hypocrisy, it's clear you're completely unaware of the concept of self-evaluation.

oh no you ditint...

another thing i forgot to mention, is i28 tried to throw cold water on the barm train... not sure if that was genuine, cause the train was scummy, or a gesture made to appear innocent.. like when scum defend an innocent that's near lynch on day 1 or 2

This has been a really tough game for me to follow thus far... I don't know if I've ever played in a game this big and I keep trying to remind myself to not tunnel vision on the high post players thus far. I like my vote on Jetscode, for the reasons Doggin stated. Its pretty much a crapshoot to hit scum, we MIGHT get JC, but it definitely gives us more to learn than Barm.

I would also vote Barm if it comes down to it.. I am actually considering implementing a personal policy of only voting the lowest post-count player on day 1 from now on.

That being said, I feel like we are more likely to have a scum team that is letting town do the heavy lifting for them right now. I can't see Lilys post, but who are the players that are not voting right now? I'd like to hear from them on their thoughts. The more people no-vote, the more they hurt town because it is so much harder to find consensus with non-participants.

unvote

I'm here for the evening. I hope everything is okay with you, CTM, and I'm sad Crusher is gone! I hope Bleedin can stay.

Between Jetscode, Barmacral, and I28, I'm most willing to vote for Jetscode. I know it's Day 1, so I'm not going to feel awesome about any of them. I can only remember playing one game with Jetscode, in which he was more talkative/aggressive than this, so I can see where people would say his play may be a little off. I don't love the idea of lynching Barmacral because of the dearth of information we'd probably gain. I have trouble reading Integrity, but I don't see what's scummier than usual about him right now.

CTM is still a bit suspect to me. JVoR too. I have a similar issue with the two of them where they're conniving as both town and scum, so they're especially hard to read early on.

Vote count:

Jetscode (7) – AVM, JVoR, Brett, I28, Song, Doggin, Wombat

I28 (5) – JC, Verbal, JiF, CTM, Slats

Barm (2) – Pac, Vicious

Vic (2) – Hess, JF80

Gato (1) – BG

BG (1) – Gato

Not voting: Sharrow, SMC, Barm, Dan X

With 22 alive you need 12 to lynch.

Deadline Thursday 8PM MST/10PM EST

unvote

You've got no sack.

unvote

You do know the meaning of sack... don't you?

Vote count:

Jetscode (7) – AVM, JVoR, Brett, I28, Song, Doggin, Wombat

I28 (5) – JC, Verbal, JiF, CTM, Slats

Barm (2) – Pac, Vicious

Vic (2) – Hess, JF80

Gato (1) – BG

BG (1) – Gato

Not voting: Sharrow, SMC, Barm, Dan X

With 22 alive you need 12 to lynch.

Deadline Thursday 8PM MST/10PM EST

I Unvoted Vic and reVoteed Jetscode somewhere back there in unless you really need the colors, if so:

UNVOTE

VOTE: Jetscode

Haha, I constantly worry about my votes as a townie, maybe even more than I do as scum. When I'm scum there's more of a plan and I know the alignment of who I'm voting for. Right now, on the other hand, I'm not only worrying about choosing someone who's actually scum but also whether I'll end up doing the scum's work for them by making myself look scummy. I probably overthink it, though.

another thing i forgot to mention, is i28 tried to throw cold water on the barm train... not sure if that was genuine, cause the train was scummy, or a gesture made to appear innocent.. like when scum defend an innocent that's near lynch on day 1 or 2

The Barm train stunk to high hell like scum peeling votes off of Jetscode.

Was I being genuine? **** yes.

This game is pissing me off. I'm putting in effort trying to force dialogue, to the point where I've jackassed my way into being a lynch candidate... and now these pussies want to lynch a inactive player? After 1,000 posts on D1? **** them, **** this game if that's how its going to be.

Town learns nothing from a Barm lynch if you ask me. These ******* idiots want to be led by the nose to a lynch that puts them right back in this same position tomorrow?

I play with balls. For better or worse. I'd rather you pussies lynch me if you think it will help the town get some info - if it comes down to me or Barm.

This game is pissing me off. I'm putting in effort trying to force dialogue, to the point where I've jackassed my way into being a lynch candidate... and now these pussies want to lynch a inactive player? After 1,000 posts on D1? **** them, **** this game if that's how its going to be.

Town learns nothing from a Barm lynch if you ask me. These ******* idiots want to be led by the nose to a lynch that puts them right back in this same position tomorrow?

I play with balls. For better or worse. I'd rather you pussies lynch me if you think it will help the town get some info - if it comes down to me or Barm.

I'm cool wit that.

Unvote

Vote I28

Woah dude, chill. Barm only has 2 votes on him. JetsCode has 8. If voting Barm is where the scum is going, that train is moving awfully slow.

Probing some of the inactive players - Sharrow's only got 3 semi-game related posts. The first one is about Barm, about 40 posts before Pac voted him (below) and that train sorta took off.

Imo, we should just lynch him every day 1 in every game he joins. Every time he signs up here its the same thing, and he barely plays. We could put him close to lynch early in day 1, and give him the rest of the day to show up and reveal.

Unvote

Vote Barm

These are the other 2:

Regarding the I28/Slats thing. lol.

I'm getting a kind of wizard of oz bomb vibe from I28. You remember, the time he tried to do something smart and it failed miserably...

Slats' "I wonder why the scum wanted to go to the kitchen so bad" comment does concern me a little since it turned out to apparently be the worst room we could have gone to.

FOS on all the people who made it seem like they actually believed JIF was going to quit the game.

I'm drawing no conclusions from these quotes, but would love to hear more from Sharrow...

Woah dude, chill. Barm only has 2 votes on him. JetsCode has 8. If voting Barm is where the scum is going, that train is moving awfully slow.

I can count votes 80, but I'm also accounting for all the sheep who were saying "oh, I'll vote Barm too."

Haha, I constantly worry about my votes as a townie, maybe even more than I do as scum. When I'm scum there's more of a plan and I know the alignment of who I'm voting for. Right now, on the other hand, I'm not only worrying about choosing someone who's actually scum but also whether I'll end up doing the scum's work for them by making myself look scummy. I probably overthink it, though.

you shouldn't...

as i said, i don't like the idea of lynching you day 1 as I don't like penalizing activity. I just think you've made some serious slip ups that are hard to over look. You could very well be a townie, but I don't think I've ever seen someone accuse the person a few spots behind them on the same train of making a scummy vote, before a death scene.

I get the reasoning you gave, I really do, and it's one reason I get bored on day 1's around here cause everyone's afraid to lynch someone. But if you really felt that, you would've unvoted. Maybe I'm looking at it through my own goggles, but the minute I think a train is getting scummy, I bail on it, regardless of how I think it may be perceived.

Hiss and growl Dan. Hiss and growl.

Probing some of the inactive players - Sharrow's only got 3 semi-game related posts. The first one is about Barm, about 40 posts before Pac voted him (below) and that train sorta took off.

These are the other 2:

I'm drawing no conclusions from these quotes, but would love to hear more from Sharrow...

I voted you in the manner with which I did to see if you'd accuse me of being TEH SCUMZ for it... and you did ha!!

I was going to hop back to JC but now not so sure. I thought you had less of being scum then him but your recent emotional outbursts are consistent with a scum hissy fit in the face of a lynch.

I get the reasoning you gave, I really do, and it's one reason I get bored on day 1's around here cause everyone's afraid to lynch someone. But if you really felt that, you would've unvoted. Maybe I'm looking at it through my own goggles, but the minute I think a train is getting scummy, I bail on it, regardless of how I think it may be perceived.

I understand the point of view - and get the bolded part especially. At the same time, for reasons you just stated about D1 dragging, I felt I could sit on Jetscode a bit longer and move my vote when I felt I had something better to move to. Song gave me a ping, but I didn't feel it was worthy of vote change at the time.

Like I said regarding the kitchen "knowledge" subject earlier in the game. I try to look at everything from multiple angles. So when I vote someone, I do so with a case, but I don't lose sight of the possibility I might be wrong. All I did was look at the Jetscode train from the standpoint of being wrong about him, since the odds are strong that this could be the case. If I'm wrong, then Song is someone whose vote resonated as scummy - but right now, I'm not convinced that I am wrong about Jetscode.

Archived