Clue Mafia - Game on!

Lily

At worst a neutral read? What does that mean? Sounds like poo to me. So this early in the game your certain the WORST monkey is is a townie. Wow what i wouldn't do for that kind of clarity this early.

Haven;t had much chance to read to much since yesterday but monkey grandstanding and tossing out his monkey poo everywhere concerns me cause Ive seen him do exactly that both times as scum. But as long as your THIS certain I will catch up today and no longer worry about keep funky monkey caged.

Get some time i will look at the case on Jetscode. Funny enough yesterday I was really busy blinked and he was the vote leader. Never a good sign.

I wasn't saying I thought he was townie. What I meant was that people seem to be getting the feeling that he's acting like a scumball. I'm not getting that. At worst, I view him as a person that can be either townie or mafia. or neutral. I view people kind of on a continuum. Like below. Neutral does not = townie when I said it. Sorry if it's confusing, I'll try to explain better if it's still confusing.

-Definitely Townie

-Kind of leaning town on him/her

-Neutral

-Kind of leaning scum on him/her

-definitely Scum

• Replies 3.3k
  • Created
  • Last Reply

I wasn't saying I thought he was townie. What I meant was that people seem to be getting the feeling that he's acting like a scumball. I'm not getting that. At worst, I view him as a person that can be either townie or mafia. or neutral. I view people kind of on a continuum. Like below. Neutral does not = townie when I said it. Sorry if it's confusing, I'll try to explain better if it's still confusing.

-Definitely Townie

-Neutral

-definitely Scum

Im sorry dude but that stills means to me you think no way he could be scum. Neutral is the worst then obviously your certain he's not scum. Just seemed awfully decisive for this early and quite honestly it still does.

What exactly are you accusing Song of doing? Is she opportunistically bussing a teammate? Or are you voting for a player you think is innocent?

I have to say, probably the most damning thing from anybody yet this game. I know he probably has a 5 minute dissertation on why after this post but not good monkey form.

-Definitely Townie

-Neutral

-definitely Scum

What the hell is this?

Im sorry dude but that stills means to me you think no way he could be scum. Neutral is the worst then obviously your certain he's not scum. Just seemed awfully decisive for this early and quite honestly it still does.

Nope. I'm explaining to you now that I think it's still very possible that he's scum. "at worst" meant at this point in time not throughout this game. It is subject to change

My read is this: Integrity so far has not distinguished himself as particularly scummy to me. Whereas other people seem to have him near the top of their lists for the moment I have him around the middle of my list. I want to know why people feel this way since it's obviously different from where I am at in this point in time. My mind can easily be changed if Integrity does something that I find suspicious. To me he really hasn't done much to warrant overt suspicion.

I don't really know how to make it much clearer.

Don't worry about it. I'm not bringing it up again since it's obviously confusing. Which is my problem to fix.

Just seemed a little odd for you to give an in depth explanation on your sliding scale of scumdum. I mean isn't that pretty much what we all do?

Just seemed a little odd for you to give an in depth explanation on your sliding scale of scumdum. I mean isn't that pretty much what we all do?

Crusher took "neutral read" to mean I thought Integrity was townie and I was sticking to it. That's not the case. I was just clarifying what I meant by neutral. Read his post and then mine.

Nope. I'm explaining to you now that I think it's still very possible that he's scum. "at worst" meant at this point in time not throughout this game. It is subject to change

My read is this: Integrity so far has not distinguished himself as particularly scummy to me. Whereas other people seem to have him near the top of their lists for the moment I have him around the middle of my list. I want to know why people feel this way since it's obviously different from where I am at in this point in time. My mind can easily be changed if Integrity does something that I find suspicious. To me he really hasn't done much to warrant overt suspicion.

I don't really know how to make it much clearer.

Fair enough. Got it.

Crusher took "neutral read" to mean I thought Integrity was townie and I was sticking to it. That's not the case. I was just clarifying what I meant by neutral. Read his post and then mine.

Where does Hess rank on your scale?

There's something oddly safe about voting JetsCode at this point, and the fact that its happened so quickly, as Crusher meant, seems fishy. For now, I'm going to assume all the following are scum: CTM, AVM, JVoR, Hess, Brett, I28, Song.

Lily is asking us to consolidate votes, so I have only other option.

VOTE: I28

I have to say, probably the most damning thing from anybody yet this game. I know he probably has a 5 minute dissertation on why after this post but not good monkey form.

Already responded... and damning? Please.

Its day one... in a 317 person game. I feel that this approach to D1, being the "typical bombastic ape" was the best way for me to engage as many people as possible in order to put some meat on the bones of this game. I wanted to get as much out of people on D1 as I could.

The unfortunate part, is that we have guys like Crusher, Wombat and Slats that are typically very good at scumhunting - focusing exclusively on me. Crusher insinuating that this is the way I play as scum, but not as town is silly. Last game Crusher offered up his take on multiple players throughout D1,2 and 3. Now, he's just burying his attention on the monkey. I would hope that there are townies that have actually chosen to pay closer attention to the people reacting to me.

Crusher who do you like as scum?

Slats, how about you?

Wombat, are those really your scumhunting techniques? Or are you just putting on a show?

Where does Hess rank on your scale?

Difficult to say. He's not one of the people i'm keeping an eye on. I'd say he's also another neutral. I've read the thread just once so far and from what I remember he's kind of just staying out of the fray and making comments here and there. If I make it past the first day I'll start going back on individual people. For now i'm just being kind of lazy/busy.

There's something oddly safe about voting JetsCode at this point, and the fact that its happened so quickly, as Crusher meant, seems fishy. For now, I'm going to assume all the following are scum: CTM, AVM, JVoR, Hess, Brett, I28, Song.

So you're looking to hop on a train due to "Lily asking us to consolidate votes" yet anyone who hopped on the other train must be scum?

That is some list... you realize the reason for your vote on me is a contradiction to the reason you stated for your suspicion?

So you're looking to hop on a train due to "Lily asking us to consolidate votes" yet anyone who hopped on the other train must be scum?

I'm going into it with the assumption that they're scum. Doesn't mean they are. Doesn't mean YOU are. Also doesn't mean people on the I28 train aren't scum either.

I'm also assuming we have to pick one of the 2, and being in the dark as much as anyone else, this is all I have to go on.

Its day one... in a 317 person game. I feel that this approach to D1, being the "typical bombastic ape" was the best way for me to engage as many people as possible in order to put some meat on the bones of this game. I wanted to get as much out of people on D1 as I could.

The unfortunate part, is that we have guys like Crusher, Wombat and Slats that are typically very good at scumhunting - focusing exclusively on me. Crusher insinuating that this is the way I play as scum, but not as town is silly. Last game Crusher offered up his take on multiple players throughout D1,2 and 3. Now, he's just burying his attention on the monkey. I would hope that there are townies that have actually chosen to pay closer attention to the people reacting to me.

Slats, how about you?

Wombat, are those really your scumhunting techniques? Or are you just putting on a show?

Bottom line you chose to target someone as possible scum on the same train as yours. All I said is that is was one of the more damning things anyone has said given this is day 1. That could still lead to a hundren different things.

A regular mafia savant this one is. :D

Except that you can come and go as you please. You shouldn't be getting cabin fever in an interwebz message board mafia game. Curious post.

As this post was before the continued meltdown from JiF, I think my point was made. And it wasn't literal - obviously we can come and go as we please. Weird response to my curious post. ;-)

Seems to me you're trying too hard JiF.

When I first read this post, I totally agreed. Now I'm not so sure. I'm thinking it was faked a bit. Why, I have no clue.

I figured it was for some obvious reason I missed and I didn't want to look dumb.

Too late?

I'm going into it with the assumption that they're scum. Doesn't mean they are. Doesn't mean YOU are. Also doesn't mean people on the I28 train aren't scum either.

I'm also assuming we have to pick one of the 2, and being in the dark as much as anyone else, this is all I have to go on.

Out of curiosity, what's your basis for grouping all the voters on the leading train as scum. And also what are you getting out of it? just curious about your thought process.

Also, lack of a competing train plus the ease and speed of the bandwagon are things I'm a little wary of as well.

What exactly are you accusing Song of doing? Is she opportunistically bussing a teammate? Or are you voting for a player you think is innocent?

REALLY like this post. Add this to the spray & pray crap that he's been doing, and it makes me happy to vote him. Yeah, I get that his M.O. is to do this kinda stuff each game, but I don't think it helps the town and I'd like to lynch him on the general principle that logical voting should come before bullsh*t voting.

What the hell is this?

Dont try to keep up with Athena's wisdom and knowledge. It will only leave you feeling inadequate and stoopid, which I know is normal. But trying to follow a post as profound as that particular one, will make you feel even more so than usual.

Out of curiosity, what's your basis for grouping all the voters on the leading train as scum. And also what are you getting out of it? just curious about your thought process.

Also, lack of a competing train plus the ease and speed of the bandwagon are things I'm a little wary of as well.

Yep, the speed with which people latched onto JetsCode for no apparent reason was what bothered me a bit. Its true that JetsCode hasn't talked much, but he hasn't said anything incriminating yet either in my view. Why would so much relatively neutral stimuli produce 7 voters all of a sudden?

On the other hand, we have a LOT of material from I28. And you have him safely landing on JetsCode. Seems suspicious. I'm going to stick with I28 and see what happens rather than jump on the JetsCode bandwagon. Both COULD be scum, but I think its one or the other. Hopefully we make the right choice.

Slats, how about you?

The fact that you are trying to play this off like you shouldnt be drawing attention or you arent trying to draw attention with your hypocritical and spastic play is laughable. I think its completely within reason to try to figure out why you fling more doodoo than 10 of your brothers combined.

Bottom line you chose to target someone as possible scum on the same train as yours. All I said is that is was one of the more damning things anyone has said given this is day 1. That could still lead to a hundren different things.

Given that the odds of mafia typically result in a D1 lynch of a townie... Don't you think its a bit naive NOT to consider that there could be scum on the train I'm voting on? I don't think this is damning at all, I've had scum follow my votes plenty of times in this game.

The fact that you are trying to play this off like you shouldnt be drawing attention or you arent trying to draw attention with your hypocritical and spastic play is laughable. I think its completely within reason to try to figure out why you fling more doodoo than 10 of your brothers combined.

I'm not playing it off that way Jif.

The quote you posted acknowledges that my play style has been purposeful here on D1... and I'm okay with the heat I've drawn, I expected it.

However, I would be remiss not to point out that there are some people that are typically very good scumhunters hiding behind their singular focus on me. Slats, Crusher, Wombat... even Verbal... given the amount of players in this game, think about that. None of them are casting aspersions beyond the predictably "crazy monkey." I'm writing this, because if I do end up getting lynched cause I overdid it, then I at least want town to be able to go back and look more closely at it.

Given that the odds of mafia typically result in a D1 lynch of a townie... Don't you think its a bit naive NOT to consider that there could be scum on the train I'm voting on? I don't think this is damning at all, I've had scum follow my votes plenty of times in this game.

Maaaybe not damning to you but also to the people hoping on the train quickly numbnuts...pending alignment. If I were scum and knew you were town I would have jumped right on after that one.

Archived