Clue Mafia - Game on!

Lily

I voted you in the manner with which I did to see if you'd accuse me of being TEH SCUMZ for it... and you did ha!!

I was going to hop back to JC but now not so sure. I thought you had less of being scum then him but your recent emotional outbursts are consistent with a scum hissy fit in the face of a lynch.

Where did I call you scum? I'm confused... :blink:

• Replies 3.3k
  • Created
  • Last Reply

I voted you in the manner with which I did to see if you'd accuse me of being TEH SCUMZ for it... and you did ha!!

I was going to hop back to JC but now not so sure. I thought you had less of being scum then him but your recent emotional outbursts are consistent with a scum hissy fit in the face of a lynch.

Did you just skim the sh*t out of his post? LOL. I think you did you dumb bastard.

Are you talking about this: "The first one is about Barm, about 40 posts before Pac voted him (below) and that train sorta took off."

I included that as frame of reference quote, for anyone that wanted to click those quotes and go back to where they appear in thread. I included them for context, nothing more.

Like I said at the end of that post, I'm not drawing conclusions from any of it yet. I just want to hear Sharrow give some game input.

Where did I call you scum? I'm confused... :blink:

apparently so am I.. still at work (leaving now)and I've been popping in and out while trying to get my work done. I saw my name and thought you were casing me.

off to the gym be on around 10.

apparently so am I.. still at work (leaving now)and I've been popping in and out while trying to get my work done. I saw my name and thought you were casing me.

off to the gym be on around 10.

shhhhhhhhhh, wai....shhhhhhh...sorry I...sshhhhhhhhhh...I can't hear you I...ssshhhhhhhh...I'm in a ba....shshhshssshhhh...BAD SPOT....shshshhhee...I...shhhss...callyoubacklaterbye.

I understand the point of view - and get the bolded part especially. At the same time, for reasons you just stated about D1 dragging, I felt I could sit on Jetscode a bit longer and move my vote when I felt I had something better to move to. Song gave me a ping, but I didn't feel it was worthy of vote change at the time.

Like I said regarding the kitchen "knowledge" subject earlier in the game. I try to look at everything from multiple angles. So when I vote someone, I do so with a case, but I don't lose sight of the possibility I might be wrong. All I did was look at the Jetscode train from the standpoint of being wrong about him, since the odds are strong that this could be the case. If I'm wrong, then Song is someone whose vote resonated as scummy - but right now, I'm not convinced that I am wrong about Jetscode.

i get that..

the fact is you made a sloppy, slimey, scummy fos, and then defended it by saying you were afraid how your vote switch would be perceived.. Honestly, what would you think?

and pac is playing sloppy now too.. nice

I get the reasoning you gave, I really do, and it's one reason I get bored on day 1's around here cause everyone's afraid to lynch someone. But if you really felt that, you would've unvoted. Maybe I'm looking at it through my own goggles, but the minute I think a train is getting scummy, I bail on it, regardless of how I think it may be perceived.

Really? Not completely sure how true that is for you.

I can see what you and others are saying about I28 accusing Song, who voted only 30ish minutes after he did. Definitely if it were later in the game, I'd be suspicious of him for seemingly contradicting himself like that. But this early, I kind of get what he's saying. There are no really solid cases at the moment, and even if you're part of a train, it can feel disconcerting when that train seems to be moving along easily. I myself am torn between being willing to vote Jetscode and feeling wary of several people on his train.

i get that..

the fact is you made a sloppy, slimey, scummy fos, and then defended it by saying you were afraid how your vote switch would be perceived.. Honestly, what would you think?

No 2 ways about it... having re-read it multiple times now... I would call bullsh*t. So putting aside how it makes me look.

Since you are fresh off a re-read, which of the votes that piled on Jetscode while I was pressuring him seemed most opportunistic to you? (Note: I don't recall if you were on his train or not, and don't feel like looking it up.)

What do you mean "now?" :P

Really? Not completely sure how true that is for you.

I can see what you and others are saying about I28 accusing Song, who voted only 30ish minutes after he did. Definitely if it were later in the game, I'd be suspicious of him for seemingly contradicting himself like that. But this early, I kind of get what he's saying. There are no really solid cases at the moment, and even if you're part of a train, it can feel disconcerting when that train seems to be moving along easily. I myself am torn between being willing to vote Jetscode and feeling wary of several people on his train.

I'll clarify, it was 2/3 of the way to lynch, if I'm getting a scum vibe I only stay on if I'm baiting... but of course, if I'm baiting, I wouldn't make a post saying how scummy it was, would I?

why don't you vote, it won't hurt and you are one of 18% of the game not bothering to vote < 24 hr's to deadline... tomorrow morning, i think you folks will become targets, for me atleast.. we're at an even number of players which means it's already a challange to to > 1/2.. but to have 20% of the game not evening voting is a pia

No 2 ways about it... having re-read it multiple times now... I would call bullsh*t. So putting aside how it makes me look.

Since you are fresh off a re-read, which of the votes that piled on Jetscode while I was pressuring him seemed most opportunistic to you? (Note: I don't recall if you were on his train or not, and don't feel like looking it up.)

i was first on his train, and was perfectly happy there regardless of the speed of it until I saw your post.

he made his first post today that i would consider in character

I'll clarify, it was 2/3 of the way to lynch, if I'm getting a scum vibe I only stay on if I'm baiting... but of course, if I'm baiting, I wouldn't make a post saying how scummy it was, would I?

why don't you vote, it won't hurt and you are one of 18% of the game not bothering to vote < 24 hr's to deadline... tomorrow morning, i think you folks will become targets, for me atleast.. we're at an even number of players which means it's already a challange to to > 1/2.. but to have 20% of the game not evening voting is a pia

Hehe don't worry your scummy little heart, I will vote before I go to bed. Still thinking and rereading ... and not that it makes a huge difference, but we still have over 24 hours until our deadline.

At the risk of looking like I'm just jumping on a scum train, I will join in on your quest, slats. You seem like the smart one.

UNVOTE

Vote: Barm

Vote count:

Jetscode (7) – CTM, AVM, JVoR, Brett, I28, Song, Doggin

Barm (4) – Pac, Slats, JF80, Vicious

I28 (3) – JC, Verbal, JiF

Vic (2) – Hess, Wombat

Gato (1) – BG

BG (1) – Gato

CTM (1) – Dan X

Not voting: Sharrow, SMC, Barm

With 22 alive you need 12 to lynch.

No deadline yet.

People keep saying Vic is their "# 1 target". Yet no one has the balls to vote him. Maybe this will help make the game more entertaining for Lily.

UNVOTE

Vote: Vic

That was rather impulsive. Color me disturbed.

FWIW...I asked Brett a question...the orang decided it was fluff before letting Brett answer it as asked. Brett piqued my interest when he threw out a snarky “CAN’T WAIT” comment when I stated I was catching up. Don’t like his… I’m OK with a low post count/inactivity cause I have a difficult mid-term exam…the rest of you are not OK…because you’re not keeping up…like the rest of us do not have sh*t going on… I asked an innocuous question concerning Brett’s school to open a dialogue. The Orangutan suggested I was only padding my post count. I was more direct but that insulted Brett who promptly put quick vote on me for my trouble.

The rest of ur logic is sound although its problematic...I'm sure you realize ur voting a townie...usually that has an impact.

Thanks for the response.

I've got no idea if I am or not. But it's Day 1, so odds are good that whoever we lynch will be a townie

Hehe don't worry your scummy little heart, I will vote before I go to bed. Still thinking and rereading ... and not that it makes a huge difference, but we still have over 24 hours until our deadline.

i'm anxiously awaiting it, and slap jvor around tonight.. he shouldn't pick on girls like that..

That was rather impulsive. Color me disturbed.

Dunno... resonates with me as 80 just growing weary with D1, and trying to go with where he thinks the town is going. Not out of scumminess, but out of "I've spent a bunch of time on this game and nobody seems to want to resolve anything" impatience. I'd think this could be expected from a newb.

I've got no idea if I am or not. But it's Day 1, so odds are good that whoever we lynch will be a townie

Not trying to push you too far...but where would you vote otherwise? Any other suspects> Or do you just like to hop on the biggest train?

I'd suggest you find an alternative.

Thanks in advance.

Not trying to push you too far...but where would you vote otherwise? Any other suspects> Or do you just like to hop on the biggest train?

Thanks in advance.

What about you? Same suspects as yesterday, or has anything changed?

eh, blow me. unlike you I have a few more things to worry about at work then making sure not to burn the fries. I thought I had him.

I still think the case on I28 is more about him being a rambunctious prick than anything else. If the choice is between him and JC then I'll go back with JC. There was a good point made about the speed with which people were willing to jump off him and go with Barm.

Unvote

Vote JC

FINALLY, I finished reading through the thread. My bad in not paying more attention after I died but I was pissed that I had been killed so early and only jumped in periodically (FU 80!)

I was most interested in seeing the evolution of the JC vote from how it started and where it is now. It started as a poke, people took issue with JCs response, and then the vote grew from there. It was organic, feeding on itself with people seemingly convincing themselves of the properness of the vote and JC being impotent to stop it.

In such situations an alternative pops up and in out cases it is Barm and I28. Barm was another poking vote, while the votes on I28 seemed to be tied to what he was saying or what he was perceived to be doing in directing votes or making cases, like he did with Song. Day 1 is always a crap shoot unless the town is lucky enough to have Ragu (old JI mafia player) as scum member. Other time when town got lucky was identity politics (like when we got Doggin as SK). But unlike those, the vote on I28 seems to have more substance, as much as a day 1 can have.

I don't want to poke others, like Sharrow or BG (who's in a quiet place right now) or even Gato who seems like he just trying to stay afloat. So, although I hate to lose him because he makes the game so much fun, I'll go with ...

VOTE: I28

What about you? Same suspects as yesterday, or has anything changed?

Dan X,

Well my vote is still on I-28...mainly cause he strikes me as the most anti-town...with that said...AVM has stood out as another who pushed me early and now seems comfortable to let it ride...I'd offer some others but it appears my fate lies in their hands...

Quid pro quo. I tell you things, you tell me things...

Day 1 is always a crap shoot unless the town is lucky enough to have Ragu (old JI mafia player) as scum member. Other time when town got lucky was identity politics (like when we got Doggin as SK).

in 3 or 4 years of playing this sh*t, we basically caught 4 scum on day 1

1) Ragu.. he made it obvious by being a pussy cat when voted

2) IJ.. the infamous gotcha, where he demanded detail about 5 minutes after he asked for them

3/4) in that game we actually had dpr and doggin both on day 1. we chose doggin, and then lynched dpr on day 2. I disagree with was identity politics though..

which actually isn't a bad percentage

Thanks in advance.

Yup, that's me, just like to hop on the biggest train. I28 is pinging, as is JF80. But you're the most informative lynch of the day, so you're the preferred candidate, IMO.

Thanks in advance.

you were scum 1 time before, correct? Which game was that?

you were scum 1 time before, correct? Which game was that?

Dude,

I was scum once...in fact it was my very first game...in JiF's fat game...I had the Richard Simmons role...drank a bottle of vodka waiting for Pac to get to L-1 (think it was I-28 who put him at L-1) then I put down the hammer.

Good Times.

Thanks for the memory.

Dude,

I was scum once...in fact it was my very first game...in JiF's fat game...I had the Richard Simmons role...drank a bottle of vodka waiting for Pac to get to L-1 (think it was I-28 who put him at L-1) then I put down the hammer.

Good Times.

Thanks for the memory.

That's right you filthy animal!!

I was trying to tell everyone to chill when you hovercrafted in and bitched me. You basically said "HI GUYZ I'M SCUM BUT PAC IS DEAD OK BYE".

That's right you filthy animal!!

I was trying to tell everyone to chill when you hovercrafted in and bitched me. You basically said "HI GUYZ I'M SCUM BUT PAC IS DEAD OK BYE".

ROFLMAO!

I was drunk and you got sloppy with the Doc/Cop roles...JVoR had me dead to rights earlier...was just trying to keep my head above water...

Dan X,

Well my vote is still on I-28...mainly cause he strikes me as the most anti-town...with that said...AVM has stood out as another who pushed me early and now seems comfortable to let it ride...I'd offer some others but it appears my fate lies in their hands...

Quid pro quo. I tell you things, you tell me things...

I agree I'd like to hear more from people like AVM and Sharrow. Also Song because I don't have any experience with her and she seems to do a good job of blending in.

I really don't see the out-of-the-ordinary scumminess that other people are seeing with I28. Granted, I've never had a great read on him, even when I killed him in the Thing game. Between the two of you, though, I feel a little better about seeing you lynched at this point in the game.

vote: Jetscode (I think that's L-2?)

Archived