Clue Mafia - Game on!

Lily

Dude,

I was scum once...in fact it was my very first game...in JiF's fat game...I had the Richard Simmons role...drank a bottle of vodka waiting for Pac to get to L-1 (think it was I-28 who put him at L-1) then I put down the hammer.

Good Times.

Thanks for the memory.

lol.. i was on your team... that was the fake doc, fake scum claim all on the same day... i remember we had slats claim pac was scum, just to see him wig out and then it turned out the sob was the doctor (that ****er is always the doctor for some reason).. so vic, who was under minimal suspicion at the time countered him and it was enough to get him lynched.. just prior to that, we figurted out it would be me vs. bg and our choice of avm, hess and i28 at end game... interestingly, we brought avm who wound up being the worst choice,..

• Replies 3.3k
  • Created
  • Last Reply

I agree I'd like to hear more from people like AVM and Sharrow. Also Song because I don't have any experience with her and she seems to do a good job of blending in.

I really don't see the out-of-the-ordinary scumminess that other people are seeing with I28. Granted, I've never had a great read on him, even when I killed him in the Thing game. Between the two of you, though, I feel a little better about seeing you lynched at this point in the game.

vote: Jetscode (I think that's L-2?)

Quid pro quo Dan X...not about this case...about yourself...

Thanks for the update on the L-2...again suggest you find an alternative...most people hate last minute shopping...

Vote count:

Jetscode (10) – AVM, JVoR, Brett, I28, Song, Doggin, Wombat, Hess, Pac, Dan X

I28 (6) – JC, Verbal, JiF, CTM, Slats, SMC

Barm (1) – Vicious

Gato (1) – BG

BG (1) – Gato

Not voting: Sharrow, Barm, JF80

With 22 alive you need 12 to lynch.

Deadline Thursday 8PM MST/10PM EST

Vote count:

Jetscode (10) – AVM, JVoR, Brett, I28, Song, Doggin, Wombat, Hess, Pac, Dan X

I28 (6) – JC, Verbal, JiF, CTM, Slats, SMC

Barm (1) – Vicious

Gato (1) – BG

BG (1) – Gato

Not voting: Sharrow, Barm, JF80

Well...L-2 is close enough for me...I'm the Cop...if you want to lynch the Cop on Day 1...have at it...I-28 feel free to keep your vote on me.

This has been a really tough game for me to follow thus far... I don't know if I've ever played in a game this big and I keep trying to remind myself to not tunnel vision on the high post players thus far. I like my vote on Jetscode, for the reasons Doggin stated. Its pretty much a crapshoot to hit scum, we MIGHT get JC, but it definitely gives us more to learn than Barm.

I would also vote Barm if it comes down to it.. I am actually considering implementing a personal policy of only voting the lowest post-count player on day 1 from now on.

That being said, I feel like we are more likely to have a scum team that is letting town do the heavy lifting for them right now. I can't see Lilys post, but who are the players that are not voting right now? I'd like to hear from them on their thoughts. The more people no-vote, the more they hurt town because it is so much harder to find consensus with non-participants.

Saying your having a hard time following, when nothings really happening, is a scum tell.

Is voting the most inactive person every single day 1 your plan to never be a day 1 lynch again?

Then you say the scum team is letting the town do the heavy lifting, when you yourself are latching onto a case created by one the most notorious players in the game, claiming you are trying to work on not having tunnel vision.

And I like how you really drive your point home and you plead for the inactives to participate...another scum tell.

Also, I think your gay for dropping your school to somehow prove how much more intelligent you are than JC. Goober.

Well...L-2 is close enough for me...I'm the Cop...if you want to lynch the Cop on Day 1...have at it...I-28 feel free to keep your vote on me.

hrmm.. makes sense with the different, arrogant play style (like you knew you wouldn't be lynched)... still.. if there's another cop out there, they should counter imo

for now i believe

Oh, good vote then. I am one narcissistic monkey after all... teach me a lesson.

The lesson...is "narcissism breeds narcissism"...once you understand that the options are unlimited...good luck.

UNVOTE

Yeah, you have 10 votes on you - but make it my fault. As important a role you are claiming, I'm surprised you defended like absolute sh*t.

lol.. i was on your team... that was the fake doc, fake scum claim all on the same day... i remember we had slats claim pac was scum, just to see him wig out and then it turned out the sob was the doctor (that ****er is always the doctor for some reason).. so vic, who was under minimal suspicion at the time countered him and it was enough to get him lynched.. just prior to that, we figurted out it would be me vs. bg and our choice of avm, hess and i28 at end game... interestingly, we brought avm who wound up being the worst choice,..

LOL I remember that. I think it was my first game.

The lesson (Apet!ts)...is "narcissism breeds narcissism"...once you understand that the options are unlimited...good luck.

Great another Slats.... more interested in "teaching people lessons" than playing the game well.

Trash talk aside, I'd appreciate it if you would edit my name out of that post. Bad form.

UNVOTE

Yeah, you have 10 votes on you - but make it my fault. As important a role you are claiming, I'm surprised you defended like absolute sh*t.

meh, scum and power roles are the easiest to pick out, both are are playing cautiously.. roleless can just throw caution to the wind cause they know it doesn't matter if they get lynched (my favorite role is bullet proof townie)... we've actually outed power roles more then scum on day 1.. it's obvious at this point that jetscode is eitehr the cop or scum, so we've found another player trying to stay under the radar, etiher way

Yup, that's me, just like to hop on the biggest train. I28 is pinging, as is JF80. But you're the most informative lynch of the day, so you're the preferred candidate, IMO.

I was gonna ask you why you keep insisting that the JC lynch provides us with the most info...

But I guess that's that.

I wanted to keep I28, and he proved me right. He was locked onto BG as scum, and wasn't letting go. I think that was his first game, and that's when I tried to give him a little friendly advice (after he was lynched) - and he's still resentful about it, the little monkey prick.

Great another Slats.... more interested in "teaching people lessons" than playing the game well.

Trash talk aside, I'd appreciate it if you would edit my name out of that post. Bad form.

damn - I like referring to you by name on occasion. Is it you just don't want to make it easy for any IT eggheads at your place of bidness that might be going 1984 on your a$$?

I wanted to keep I28, and he proved me right. He was locked onto BG as scum, and wasn't letting go. I think that was his first game, and that's when I tried to give him a little friendly advice (after he was lynched) - and he's still resentful about it, the little monkey prick.

yup, i picked avm thinking I had two outs, (either AVM voting bg or bg voting AVM), I ended up being right, but just barely..it was hairy for a bit and we thought a loss was imminent... going with i28 was an autowin, just as you predicted.. good call on your part, i almost blew it

hrmm.. makes sense with the different, arrogant play style (like you knew you wouldn't be lynched)... still.. if there's another cop out there, they should counter imo

for now i believe

Uh - hell no.

If there's another cop out there, they stay nice and hidden until they have at least one more scum to serve up. Worst case they get NKd before that happens, and if so, coroner reveals them as the cop and we lynch Jetscode. If JC is false-claiming, revealing now does nothing but put a target on the cop's back for no good reason.

That said - Unvote.

Vote I28

Sorry, monkey - but after Jetscode, you're probably the best of the remaining candidates in terms of developing information

for now i believe

Trying to think that through....

Worst case, we lynch the cop and one scum on back to back days. That's probably a net positive. Not likely to get many more than one positive investigation out of the cop, anyway.

I think I agree.

Anyone?

Uh - hell no.

If there's another cop out there, they stay nice and hidden until they have at least one more scum to serve up. Worst case they get NKd before that happens, and if so, coroner reveals them as the cop and we lynch Jetscode. If JC is false-claiming, revealing now does nothing but put a target on the cop's back for no good reason.

That said - Unvote.

Vote I28

Sorry, monkey - but after Jetscode, you're probably the best of the remaining candidates in terms of developing information

meh.. scum is shooting into probably 16-17 townies looking for the doc.. i'd take my chances and put one to rest now and ensure doc protect... this ain't your grandma's 12 man game..

if jc is lying, we'd have the doc protecting scum which sucks, and scum shooting into 2 of 16/17 hunting important power roles..

Worst case, we lynch the cop and one scum on back to back days. That's probably a net positive. Not likely to get many more than one positive investigation out of the cop, anyway.

I think I agree.

Anyone?

I'll let the professionals handle this one but I would saaay real cop should come forward if there is one. Dead scum day 1 and the doc's still safe and I would feel more comfortable with some people after a re-read as JC's been in a lot of discussion.

Done...you still suck at mafia!

Thank you for the edit.

So, right now these are the people from your train that have my attention:

Song - for the opportunistic reasons I pointed out in the post that everyone has called me out for.

Wombat - seemed very contrived when he was trying to "trap" me when he already had his vote on me, then when your train got long enough he quietly moved his vote from me to you, basically telling me he didn't care which of us got lynched - so long as it was one of us.

... and where is AVM, every time I've seen him as town, he is very explanatory of all his thinking as he breaks the game down. Not so much this game.

I was gonna ask you why you keep insisting that the JC lynch provides us with the most info...

But I guess that's that.

Explained it earlier - he had a quick train that stalled at 8 votes then derailed. Town or scum that gives info. Assuming his reveal is accurate and he's town (which is a good working assumption unless and until we get a counterclaim (again, ONLY if you have another scum to hand us) or a dead cop on coroner, that tells me we likely have 2-3 scum within the 8 votes on him at the time we derailed - enough to explain the build-up of votes and to make the remainder of the scum leery about joining the train to push him over the top.

It also makes me feel a lot better about Pac and Vic, who really pushed the derailment to Barm; if JC is town, scum has no real motive to delay that lynch.

Anyway, here were the votes on JC at the time of the swing to Barm:

Vote count:

Jetscode (7) – AVM, JVoR, Brett, I28, Song, Doggin, Wombat

I28 (5) – JC, Verbal, JiF, CTM, Slats

Barm (2) – Pac, Vicious

Vic (2) – Hess, JF80

Gato (1) – BG

BG (1) – Gato

Not voting: Sharrow, SMC, Barm, Dan X

Plus Hess, who tried to vote JC and had his vote missed by Lily (see his post a few after the Lily post I quoted)

That's Hess, AVM, JVoR, me, Brett, I28, Song and Wombat. There's a good bet 2 of those are scum; I know it's not me, and I28's pre-attack on Song's vote as "opportunistic" - which stood out to me, and others, as a slip that he knew JC would flip town - is a good reason to go with him first of that group, IMO. Add in the fact that he's got interactions with a number of other players - that = info - and I'm pretty happy with where my vote is for the moment.

I'm with the don't come forward crowd. Don't see a point in exposing the "real" cop at this early juncture. Be nice to get 1 guilty result out of him/her before subjecting themselves to a NK. Since this isn't a typical game it's not out of the realm of possibility for there to be a role blocker or some other souped up crap on the scum team.

I'm not resentful Slats... I just thought this was our shtickt.

Remember, your friendly advice was not to be so myopic.

Now, you have eyes for only me in this game, so I call you myopic... see what I did there? :D

That was my first game too... old hippie bastid.

Saying your having a hard time following, when nothings really happening, is a scum tell.

Is voting the most inactive person every single day 1 your plan to never be a day 1 lynch again?

Then you say the scum team is letting the town do the heavy lifting, when you yourself are latching onto a case created by one the most notorious players in the game, claiming you are trying to work on not having tunnel vision.

And I like how you really drive your point home and you plead for the inactives to participate...another scum tell.

Also, I think your gay for dropping your school to somehow prove how much more intelligent you are than JC. Goober.

Ah I've been waiting for this Jif to come back... I knew you wouldn't be satisfied with only lynching me on D1.

JC asked me what school I went to, so I wasn't "dropping" it on him, I was answering his question. And yes, although Cal Poly is well known for being an "intelligent" school my major unfortunately is not one of those that gives it that reputation. Goober.

Unvote JC

I'm going to go on a run and I'll come back, re-read, and make a vote.

I think I agree.

Anyone?

No. Worst case, assuming JC is false claiming, we lynch JC immediately after the real cop gets randomly NK'd - so it's still that 1 for 1 trade you are ok with now. Best case, the cop reveals after a successful investigation, and we get 2 for 1 (the successful investigation, plus JC), plus the chance of more info (since the doc will know to protect the cop, rather than in a counterclaim situation, where the doc has to guess who is telling the truth).

Bottom line, there's no edge to having a "real cop" reveal now, no matter how you look at it.

Seriously, what do you see as the upside?

I'm with the don't come forward crowd. Don't see a point in exposing the "real" cop at this early juncture. Be nice to get 1 guilty result out of him/her before subjecting themselves to a NK. Since this isn't a typical game it's not out of the realm of possibility for there to be a role blocker or some other souped up crap on the scum team.

that's a fair point... i hate mafia roleblockers.. i've played in games where they were 100% impotent, and other games where they dominant

Ah I've been waiting for this Jif to come back... I knew you wouldn't be satisfied with only lynching me on D1.

JC asked me what school I went to, so I wasn't "dropping" it on him, I was answering his question. And yes, although Cal Poly is well known for being an "intelligent" school my major unfortunately is not one of those that gives it that reputation. Goober.

Unvote JC

I'm going to go on a run and I'll come back, re-read, and make a vote.

Oh and just want to through in-- Just got this months Maxim and DanX is on the cover. Nice work JVOR.

Archived