Clue Mafia - Game on!

Lily

I28... I'm not sure what to think of you right now. At first I had a townie read on you because I felt like you just got caught up in trying to do too much. You were really involved, "flinging monkey poo", and eventually you hit something that just made everyone turn against you. What was that point?

Now, and let me clarify this by saying I'm always down for a Jif lynch, I feel like you are starting to scramble. Which reads like scum starting to drown and reaching out for something that sticks.

Heres what I'm thinking as far as what I'm going to be doing from this point on.

Vote I28

Lynch you, hope for scum, in either case go back and read your posts and identify the point where things turned south for you. Hopefully this helps identify scum or help confirm some town. With a deadline tomorrow your the one lynch that just makes sense right now.

Scrambling, yes. I am... trying to avoid revealing, and trying to get my FOS out on the table to see what people think of who I'm looking at.

This puts me at 9 votes I believe - and we have a deadline. Given all the people in this game, and Lily's affinity for funky setup. I am wary there could be a double voter, so...

I am a ONE-KILL VIGILANTE with PARTIAL BULLETPROOF depending on the room we spent the day in.

The kill request has to be submitted before the end of night one, the kill is not immediate.

If I choose not to submit a kill, then there is a 50% chance I can die instead.

As for bulletproof, basically as long as we spend the day in certain rooms I am safe, if we spend the day in a room that is not on my list, then my bulletproof turns off for that following day only.

Edited to bold reveal.

• Replies 3.3k
  • Created
  • Last Reply

I'll admit the reveal sounds more like it should fit a SK rather than vig. Just saying.

edit bc I feel like I'm post whoring with my count lol. Seriously, why would town vig get another power? I doubt it. If I were modding the only person I would supe up like that would be an indie 3rd party type, like a SK.

Scrambling, yes. I am... trying to avoid revealing, and trying to get my FOS out on the table to see what people think of who I'm looking at.

This puts me at 9 votes I believe - and we have a deadline. Given all the people in this game, and Lily's affinity for funky setup. I am wary there could be a double voter, so...

I am a ONE-KILL VIGILANTE with PARTIAL BULLETPROOF depending on the room we spent the day in.

The kill request has to be submitted before the end of night one, the kill is not immediate.

As for bulletproof, basically as long as we spend the day in certain rooms I am safe, if we spend the day in a room that is not on my list, then my bulletproof turns off for that following day only.

Edited to bold reveal.

Just for clarity sake, So you only get one shot and it has to go through before the end of this upcoming night phase? And no other shots occur after?

And what do you mean the kill is not immediate? How much about that effect do you know?

I'll admit the reveal sounds more like it should fit a SK rather than vig. Just saying.

edit bc I feel like I'm post whoring with my count lol. Seriously, why would town vig get another power? I doubt it. If I were modding the only person I would supe up like that would be an indie 3rd party type, like a SK.

It's possible. Sounds really elaborate in detail so I lean believing his abilities as he describes them, just doesn't say much about his alignment. He could even still be scum that has this ability to kill once during the day or some crap like that.

Still, we can at least vet his power with town discussion.

I don't know dude, it doesn't feel too suped up. Basically, I had all of D1 to unearth scum, which is why I have played like a wild man. How many times did I say I had a reason? Anyway, if I didn't feel good about anyone, then I basically don't submit a name meaning I have a 50/50 shot of living.

The odds are I guess at scum and that person dies 100%, but on D1 the odds of me picking scum are terrible. OR I submit no name and I am 50/50 to die. I figured go with the odds if I wasn't sure and then there is just a 50% chance of killing a townie, myself.

Also, I said "certain" rooms bro... that's as descriptive as I can be there. Could be 1, could be 5. Think about it.

I don't know dude, it doesn't feel too suped up. Basically, I had all of D1 to unearth scum, which is why I have played like a wild man. How many times did I say I had a reason? Anyway, if I didn't feel good about anyone, then I basically don't submit a name meaning I have a 50/50 shot of living.

The odds are I guess at scum and that person dies 100%, but on D1 the odds of me picking scum are terrible. OR I submit no name and I am 50/50 to die. I figured go with the odds if I wasn't sure and then there is just a 50% chance of killing a townie, myself.

Also, I said "certain" rooms bro... that's as descriptive as I can be there. Could be 1, could be 5. Think about it.

Well, all I say is this, if you turn out scum at whatever point I'll start looking at DMers harder and especially doggin b/c it would have to be one of them to come up with this kind if sh*t on the scumboard. Just saying.

Just for clarity sake, So you only get one shot and it has to go through before the end of this upcoming night phase? And no other shots occur after?

And what do you mean the kill is not immediate? How much about that effect do you know?

I get one shot, and have to either choose who I shoot OR choose not to shoot at all BEFORE the end of N1. No other shots.

I was told the kill would happen on a random night, that is all.

It's possible. Sounds really elaborate in detail so I lean believing his abilities as he describes them, just doesn't say much about his alignment. He could even still be scum that has this ability to kill once during the day or some crap like that.

I've said I was town 100 times over. Based on the wording of the role - my guess is that there are multiple townies within the town that have similarly limited powers.

@MOD Lily -

If I've gone overboard with my descriptions in my reveal, then do what you must.

Its early and I've got to go to work at some point, and due to the deadline I needed to reveal before I could show you what I wanted to say.

I get one shot, and have to either choose who I shoot OR choose not to shoot at all BEFORE the end of N1. No other shots.

I was told the kill would happen on a random night, that is all.

I've said I was town 100 times over. Based on the wording of the role - my guess is that there are multiple townies within the town that have similarly limited powers.

So there's a good chance you would accidentally kill a townie anyway. I don't see you having a role like this and not using it. Not nessesarily great having you around anyway no. As you now have to guess who to kill after day 1 or you yourself could be dead. So if you were town in this scenerio sounds like there will be (most likely) a dead townie anyway, whether it were you or someone you chose to kill.

Lily had put an event in the kitchen where, as soon as a poster made a reference about death OTHER than lynching, it triggered the event. Whoever posted AFTER me was killed. So there you had it. A dead SMC with me wondering what the Hell was going on.

Must have totally missed a page or something. Totally missed this being confirmed.

80 thanks for taking the time to respond to everyone - and resurfacing this:

JIF, you mean to tell us that 80 mentioning stabbing, then SMC posting after him, and dying, and Lily explaining it.... then a whole argument about whether scum knew or didn't know that the kitchen has a kill event in it was all lost on you?

Are you serious? Most of the votes on me derived from the argument about game setup around SMC's death in the kitchen... YOU VOTED ME... and you didn't know this?

MAJOR FOS JIFFY

Just ****ed and missed a page during catch up time I'm guessing...there's been a lot of filler and when you walk away for a second to have to catch up...its time consuming. I must have missed a page.

Pretty stupid for me to admit to this if I'm scum. Scum would try to cover up. I'm not even attempting to. I clearly missed a page or 2. Who knows. Really dont remember being confirmed.

Edited to bold reveal.

I somewhat believe this role. I dont believe you are bullet proof and I'm not positive this would be town aligned in a game this big.

So there's a good chance you would accidentally kill a townie anyway. I don't see you having a role like this and not using it. Not nessesarily great having you around anyway no. As you now have to guess who to kill after day 1 or you yourself could be dead. So if you were town in this scenerio sounds like there will be (most likely) a dead townie anyway, whether it were you or someone you chose to kill.

Yes, because I only have D1 to "find scum" the chances of me actually hitting are bad... but the price I pay for not choosing a target, is I am 50/50 to die instead.

Alright people, checking back in. While I still feel like crap for the most part, I'm pretty much back into my normal routine, so should be able to get myself back into mafia now. Sorry for the disappearing act over the past few days. Just so you know, I'll probably be spending a while this morning catching up on the thread (currently up to page 40 of 62), but should be good to go once I get through all of that.

I don't need more than that. I caught a scumbag on his first post in a recent game. Also, wtf is conversion checkergate?

First poist eh? wow..

don't know what to tell you, it's a mildly sarcastic phrasing with clear intent..

Well, I still don't find I28 as scummy as most of you seem to, but I will vote him to avoid random lynch. I know you're not all taking wombat too seriously, but I really have the impression that CTM tried to pull a fast one and then retracted when he met serious opposition. He could be just preoccupied with real life stuff, but he's razor sharp when it comes to situational analysis. I also have not really been getting a great feeling from him from the jump, but he's always someone I have a difficult time reading.

Vote: CTM

I'll switch my vote if this goes nowhere. But we still have enough time, imo.

That's absurd. I didn't like the reveal, annoyed that I had to believe it for the time being and wanted an excuse to still lynch him. The arguement of having a counter claimaint (if existed) still makes sense, by the numbers, if there is no roleblocker, which i didn't think of. Having our doctor protect scum is a terrible outcome in a game this large. It could take days before he hits.

Must have totally missed a page or something. Totally missed this being confirmed.

Just ****ed and missed a page during catch up time I'm guessing...there's been a lot of filler and when you walk away for a second to have to catch up...its time consuming. I must have missed a page.

Pretty stupid for me to admit to this if I'm scum. Scum would try to cover up. I'm not even attempting to. I clearly missed a page or 2. Who knows. Really dont remember being confirmed.

So you're claiming you missed a page? Well first of all it was multiple pages starting here:

page 9

The trigger has already been hit!

page 10

Are you kidding me? I killed SMC? Sorry SMC, we'll win this one for you.

page 11

Took me less than 24 hours to ruin the f***ing game. Go me.

page 11 you're talking about it as if you know what's going on

Good question and I was wondering the same thing. Should we all fill up with food in the Kitchen because we are never coming back to the place that took that all wise and ever knowing SMC?

page 11 again you're even responding to one of 80's posts about the "trigger" but you have no idea how it was set off?

Lily did seem to hint that the kitchen sucked, at least for Day 1. But who knows, I'll probably die when a library book falls off the highest shelf and splits me in 2. Sh**, I probably just set off another trigger with this post.

Dont talk like this...you are making me nervous.

That's absurd. I didn't like the reveal, annoyed that I had to believe it for the time being and wanted an excuse to still lynch him. The arguement of having a counter claimaint (if existed) still makes sense, by the numbers, if there is no roleblocker, which i didn't think of. Having our doctor protect scum is a terrible outcome in a game this large. It could take days before he hits.

Wtf is that drivel? Since when do you act out of annoyance?

Edited to bold reveal.

You sound more dangerous to the town frankly. And why admit to the bulletproof, it's usually agreed that as town we leave that stuff out hoping to atract a scum NK..

You have to decide by N1 who to kill = you'r probably killing a townie

on the plus side, the amount of weird details you provide makes me believe that your role is true, just maybe not your alignment.

i think it's becomming clear that there's going to be a lot of roles this game, and a lot of near lynch reveals.. so we may have to accept the idea of lynching a power role reveal

i28, are you planning on firing tonight, don't say who, but are going to shoot or risk yourself with this 50% shot?

Wtf is that drivel? Since when do you act out of annoyance?

Crummy post dude, we were pm'ing last game and before the sarcasm started you know I was getting annoyed with jif/pac acting like they weren't going to play it straight and lynch an uninvestigated. Surprised you would suggest I don't act out of annoyance.

In this case, day 1 is 1300 posts already and I expect multiple near lynch reveals... we're at 2 already.. wanna go for 3, 4? I think jetscode's reveal is almost as poor as i28's was last time, but we can't lynch him... just in case.... which is annoying

Crummy post dude, we were pm'ing last game and before the sarcasm started you know I was getting annoyed with jif/pac acting like they weren't going to play it straight and lynch an uninvestigated. Surprised you would suggest I don't act out of annoyance.

In this case, day 1 is 1300 posts already and I expect multiple near lynch reveals... we're at 2 already.. wanna go for 3, 4? I think jetscode's reveal is almost as poor as i28's was last time, but we can't lynch him... just in case.... which is annoying

er yeah good point and all but ah JiF is lying and probably scum. You should vote for him now.

Even when acting "out of annoyance" you still acted with your head. You knew what the situation was when you offered yourself up to JiF and Pac.

Why are you acting like Jetscode is automatically the fake one? I admit I have reservations whether he is legit or not, but the way you are posting you really want to lynch him. Why are you leaning so hard on him not being legit?

er yeah good point and all but ah JiF is lying and probably scum. You should vote for him now.

It's definitely troubling, Jif's defense of it was to create a wifom too.

jif what'd you think the whole kitchen discussion was about?

You sound more dangerous to the town frankly. And why admit to the bulletproof, it's usually agreed that as town we leave that stuff out hoping to atract a scum NK..

You have to decide by N1 who to kill = you'r probably killing a townie

on the plus side, the amount of weird details you provide makes me believe that your role is true, just maybe not your alignment.

i think it's becomming clear that there's going to be a lot of roles this game, and a lot of near lynch reveals.. so we may have to accept the idea of lynching a power role reveal

i28, are you planning on firing tonight, don't say who, but are going to shoot or risk yourself with this 50% shot?

At the moment, the plan is to roll the dice and risk myself at 50%.

I tried my a$$ off to get reaction from as many people as possible today, but the odds are against my instincts. I also contemplated shooting an inactive, but not sure how smart that is. Barm could be silenced, DPR helped with the setup, he LOVES the silencer... and suggested it for Goonies.

Right now my thinking is here:

Vic, JVOR and Dan X. All 3 are smart players who are too confident in my alignment, they have distanced from my train repeatedly. I think given my screw ups, they are staying the **** away from a townie lynch and keeping their votes elsewhere. I'm not saying all 3 are scum, but I would bet cold hard cash at least one of them is. Dan X most specifically, because she has played the part of low lying scum pretty well so far. Expressing a lack of confidence in her decision making, but she's sure about one thing - I'm not scummy - and she put Jetscode at L2.

Last night it was Vic I felt best about from these 3, now I'm leaning towards Dan. As of right now, this is the theory I feel best about too... it just makes sense, I ****ed up royally. Scum could be sitting back and distancing from my train so not too many of them are on it.

Other FOS:

Wombat for reasons I stated last night when I voted him.

JIF see my FOS JIF post before Hess cased him.

I don't know how JiF normally plays it, but he's acting really dumb compared to what I'd expect from him. First he pitches that fake fit with JVOR (say what you will, there's no way that was real. Even JiF isn't that much of a vagina), then he flat-out forgets about what happened in several key moments early in the game.

Either he's playing lazy or he's playing stupid, possibly on purpose. Either way I think we need him to give us some answers.

Even when acting "out of annoyance" you still acted with your head. You knew what the situation was when you offered yourself up to JiF and Pac.

Why are you acting like Jetscode is automatically the fake one? I admit I have reservations whether he is legit or not, but the way you are posting you really want to lynch him. Why are you leaning so hard on him not being legit?

first off, i didn't "act" i posted without considering all the angles. When pac brought up an angle i didn't consider i agreed I was wrong and that was that.

secondly, you're whole theory doesn't make sense. You're saying I'm jetscode's scum mate, and wanted to out the real cop, but i said numerous times I wanted to lynch jetscode if one comes out. That's pretty risky to do, considering scum would already have a tremendous upside (occupying the doc) without having to implicate themselves.

lastly, I think everything about his reveal stinks, his play leading up to it, the actual reveal, and his two posts and a vanishing act afterwards. The only thing i could reconcile about his play being coplike was that he was playing arrogantly, like he knew he wouldn't be lynched. Egging us on. But even that is anti-town in itself. I don't see him being that reckless with an important role

Well...L-2 is close enough for me...I'm the Cop...if you want to lynch the Cop on Day 1...have at it...I-28 feel free to keep your vote on me.

This sounds like a legit Lily role; Lily's a madman when it comes to role concoctions. I will Unvote and vote Jif, based on Hess' catch.

Monkey, what's your plan for tonight? I suggest you take your shot - at worst, we get some extra information if you pick a target with some decent interactions - better that than possibly losing a bulletproof townie, which I believe you are.

80 thanks for taking the time to respond to everyone - and resurfacing this:

JIF, you mean to tell us that 80 mentioning stabbing, then SMC posting after him, and dying, and Lily explaining it.... then a whole argument about whether scum knew or didn't know that the kitchen has a kill event in it was all lost on you?

Are you serious? Most of the votes on me derived from the argument about game setup around SMC's death in the kitchen... YOU VOTED ME... and you didn't know this?

MAJOR FOS JIFFY

^^^ This

I somewhat believe this role. I dont believe you are bullet proof and I'm not positive this would be town aligned in a game this big.

Weak response.

I say we mass reveal.

HUH??? WHA????

Edited for vote:

UNVOTE

VOTE JIF

Lily - if we have a townie role blocker, and (assuming I28 is telling the truth about his role) I28 takes his shot but is blocked by the role blocker, what happens?

A) Monkey survives (because he took his shot) and the kill fails?

B) Monkey goes to his 50-50 chance of dying (because the shot was blocked)?

C) Monkey has to do it again the next day?

or D) Something else?

If it's A or C and we have a townie roleblocker, they ought to target the Monkey (since even if it's C, it'll give him another day or 2 of information gathering before he has to shoot)

(edited to fix a smiley problem)

Archived