Clue Mafia - Game on!

Lily

@mod

Would converted player by Cult leader become "cult" or "scum"

And was a trigger pulled yet?

@anyone

What happened with the secret passage?

Cult and yes, the trigger was hit. I just need to catch up first.

• Replies 3.3k
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Yeah, this is my problem, too. I was glad you had Verbal reveal before you did, and was hoping you'd both claim doc. Although Doggin's role could also have been the protector in this game.

We have no role blocker (since Doggin died), unless that's what BG's Power Thief did - a possibility.

We had a third kill on two nights that are still unexplained. We're still playing, so there's definitely some form of scum out there. If we're to believe Verbal, the scum did not have a successful kill the night JVoR died. Why not? Maybe they took a shot at I28, and he really does have a semi-bulletproof thing going on?

We absolutely have to have a roleblocker. I was informed by Lily that I was blocked last night. And the scum could have also shot at JVoR that night, so that doesn't mean they were stopped, either.

But the 3rd kill is unknown to me. I only have 1 shot each night that I must take. I don't know if something dealing with the room blocked me, but I assure you I was blocked. Here's proof:

If I'm trying to gain cred with the town, why not claim I shot BG, a now revealed scum? It would implicate Brett is lying, and seeing as how he's a favorite for today, it would play right into my lap. But I didn't. I said I was blocked, which I'll admit is completely not making sense to me. The ONLY plausible explanation is that somebody is lying and has a roleblocker ability.

We absolutely have to have a roleblocker. I was informed by Lily that I was blocked last night. And the scum could have also shot at JVoR that night, so that doesn't mean they were stopped, either.

But the 3rd kill is unknown to me. I only have 1 shot each night that I must take. I don't know if something dealing with the room blocked me, but I assure you I was blocked. Here's proof:

If I'm trying to gain cred with the town, why not claim I shot BG, a now revealed scum? It would implicate Brett is lying, and seeing as how he's a favorite for today, it would play right into my lap. But I didn't. I said I was blocked, which I'll admit is completely not making sense to me. The ONLY plausible explanation is that somebody is lying and has a roleblocker ability.

So what's a Power Thief? Could that be the role blocker?

@ Lily-mod - Any insight here?

Verb, who's your best bet for scum?

To clarify, here were my shots this game, in order:

N1: Song

N2: CTM

N3: Dan X

N4: JVoR

Had a really good feeling about Dan & JVoR, so those are completely my bad scumhunting. And as I said, CTM was lucky. I was scumhunting for that one, but didn't realize he was CL. Yay me.

I understand all those calls outside of JVoR. I thought he looked pretty damn solid as town after Pac came up scum. Why him?

So what's a Power Thief? Could that be the role blocker?

@ Lily-mod - Any insight here?

Verb, who's your best bet for scum?

I think you might be right. BG might have used that ability to stop me. But it raises the question: Can he use whatever that ability does AND use a NK? They already had a recruitment (JC), so this just seems like a lot of stuff. If he can't do both, then somebody else shot BG and Brett is still lying. If he can, then perhaps he took the shot at Brett and died for it. Either way, I didn't get to shoot last night.

I understand all those calls outside of JVoR. I thought he looked pretty damn solid as town after Pac came up scum. Why him?

I smelled gambit, and took a chance.

Just realized I didn't answer the question on who I think is scum. Here are my thoughts on everybody:

Brett - don't believe his claim - I don't think the mafia could do multiple things at once (RB, NK, recruit, etc), so I think he's lying

Verbal - 3rd party survivor - paranoid gun owner

JF80 - believe his claim - town

I28 - believe his claim - town

slats - believe your claim based on interaction with now known scum - don't smell gambit - town

Hess - my guess for last cultist, assuming CTM got off 2 recruits (N1 & N2, when I shot him)

Barm - honestly, total unknown - prob not cult - don't see CTM going for him

Just realized I didn't answer the question on who I think is scum. Here are my thoughts on everybody:

Brett - don't believe his claim - I don't think the mafia could do multiple things at once (RB, NK, recruit, etc), so I think he's lying

Verbal - 3rd party survivor - paranoid gun owner

JF80 - believe his claim - town

I28 - believe his claim - town

slats - believe your claim based on interaction with now known scum - don't smell gambit - town

Hess - my guess for last cultist, assuming CTM got off 2 recruits (N1 & N2, when I shot him)

Barm - honestly, total unknown - prob not cult - don't see CTM going for him

Hess is definitely a wildcard for me. Always is. And his refusal to come clean on his role has me just a tad concerned.

If you think Brett is lying, do you think he pulled the scenario I suggested earlier by killing BG and claiming credit as a townie? Or do you think third party?

The way I'm seeing it, we lynch Brett today, and that's either the last mafia right there, or we confirm that Hess at the very least is not mafia.

Verb, given his suspect list, shoots either Hess or Barm tonight.

Whoever's left tomorrow lynches whoever Verb doesn't kill. If there's five of us left, we could lynch Verb tomorrow, too. No offense, Verb, just don't know if letting a survivor live tarnishes a town victory.

I would rather lynch verb and take a shot at no nk's...discuss from there. Why are we leaving an extra death in the hands of one person istead of a group? Maybe I'm wrong but I like our (towns) chances better that way. Maybe there's a trigger that helps/ or it could hurt I guess but I don't know why anyone would want to leave an extra death in the hands of someone with a guess who's already killed town.jvor nk was horrible btw! Why not kill bg that night??? Horrible imo.

...And there is no scum left.

Bg, SmC, Sharrow, Pac with convert JC was plenty.

Probably have 1 cult and 1 sk whatever Verb is. No scum could mean no nk...unless you want a known 3rd party killing an extra person with no more info from what happens at night.

So what's your suggestion? Lynch Verb?

That should guarantee that we have no fewer than 5 left tomorrow. Though I'm not nearly as sold as you are that we're out of mafia. I'm not even close to convinced that Brett is telling the truth here, and primarily want to lynch him because of that.

I'm still wondering how the f*** we haven't lynched Barm by now.

If Verbal was a townie, I'd lynch Barm today and have Verb shoot at Brett tonight. But on the off chance that Brett's telling the truth, it's unlikely that the survivor would be all that interested in possibly killing himself so close to endgame.

I'm badass townie what else matters. Beyond that I'd rather scum not know.

...And there is no scum left.

Bg, SmC, Sharrow, Pac with convert JC was plenty.

Probably have 1 cult and 1 sk whatever Verb is. No scum could mean no nk...unless you want a known 3rd party killing an extra person with no more info from what happens at night.

:blink:

I'm voting verb when I get in front of a computer tonight or tomorrow morning.

Unless this works:

Bolded/verb/bolded

There could still be two converted mafia and they could basically win if town is lynched today.

hess.. use the brackets [ ] around a b and to close the bold do /b.. it's a pain but it does work

Hess is worried that Verbal thinks he's scum and is going to take him out tonight. Not really any other reason to be wanting to take over Verbal over Brett or Barm, seeing as Verbal can potentially help us take out 2 scum.

Unless you think Verbal is full of sh*t.

Take OUT Verbal, I should say.

Archived