THE BULLS!

ECURB

• Replies 422
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Win or lose... that was embarrassing... Thibs is gonna KILL these guys... wow

I'm glad it happened like it did eC ... when it got down to marbles, the D did what it was supposed to do and D. Rose was D. Rose. Didn't hurt to have Boozer on the pines either when it was D crunch time. He (Boozer) stunk up the court and I hope better games are in his immediate future.

Gotta hand a few props to Indy though. With 3 minutes left in the game before the flypaper D came on for the Bulls - Indy was shooting over 50% from the floor and had hit 64% of their 3's. Tough to beat that kind of shooting but we did.

D. Rose 0-9 from 3pt range. When you're cold - you're cold - good thing he's the best there is at driving the lane as a bucket with a free throw count the same.

The Bulls have Rose and a whole lot of flawed players. I don't think they can go all the way.

You're missing or not wanting to acknowledge some real talent in Deng and Noah. And some up and coming guys in Gibson and Asik. Throw in occasional good games from Boozer and mostly solid role play from Thomas, Korver, and Bogans and it adds up to 62 and 20. Not sure if they can go all the way either, but they're a bit better than the team that couldn't get out of the 1st round the last couple years. Give Tibs some more time in building this team and we'll have some additional rings.

I'm glad it happened like it did eC ... when it got down to marbles, the D did what it was supposed to do and D. Rose was D. Rose. Didn't hurt to have Boozer on the pines either when it was D crunch time. He (Boozer) stunk up the court and I hope better games are in his immediate future.

Gotta hand a few props to Indy though. With 3 minutes left in the game before the flypaper D came on for the Bulls - Indy was shooting over 50% from the floor and had hit 64% of their 3's. Tough to beat that kind of shooting but we did.

D. Rose 0-9 from 3pt range. When you're cold - you're cold - good thing he's the best there is at driving the lane as a bucket with a free throw count the same.

Yeah I know it feels great now because it should be an easy sweep at this point seeing how the Pacers are crushed inside.

Thibs is going to kill these guys though... lol... they let the Pacers nail so many easy shots...

Again though this shows why/how no team can beat the bulls 4 times in 7 tries... there just isn't a team out there.

Yeah I know it feels great now because it should be an easy sweep at this point seeing how the Pacers are crushed inside.

Thibs is going to kill these guys though... lol... they let the Pacers nail so many easy shots...

Again though this shows why/how no team can beat the bulls 4 times in 7 tries... there just isn't a team out there.

How are the pacers crushed inside? If anything, they have the confidence to know that they can come into your house and win, which they all but did. If they were blown out by 20+, than I could get on board with the crushed inside notion.

They weren't getting open and easy shots just by chance, darren collison exploited their defense through the first three quarters with his dribble penetration, which there's no reason to believe he won't continue to do.

With rose's 1-11 shooting night, you're gonna see teams play off of him a whole lot more and not allow him to get to the rim. It's obviously a difficult task, but if he has a poor game, the bulls are not gonna win.

I see chicago taking it in 5 or 6, but if you think you're just gonna roll over teams easily you've got some red and black colored glasses on.

How are the pacers crushed inside? If anything, they have the confidence to know that they can come into your house and win, which they all but did. If they were blown out by 20+, than I could get on board with the crushed inside notion.

They weren't getting open and easy shots just by chance, darren collison exploited their defense through the first three quarters with his dribble penetration, which there's no reason to believe he won't continue to do.

With rose's 1-11 shooting night, you're gonna see teams play off of him a whole lot more and not allow him to get to the rim. It's obviously a difficult task, but if he has a poor game, the bulls are not gonna win.

I see chicago taking it in 5 or 6, but if you think you're just gonna roll over teams easily you've got some red and black colored glasses on.

The pacers said themselves they are crushed by it... made it obviously they only had a shot when the Bulls were below 100%... once the Bulls kicked it into 62 win gear... it was over.

The Bulls = The Rose show. Find a way to slow Rose down, the Bulls go down in flames. Easier said than done, I know, since no one has done so far.

Everyone says that... and it never works... Deng... Boozer... Korver... Watson... Brewer... Noah... Taj.... they can all score... Asik and Bogans are the only 2 that can't score in bunches...

The Bulls offense actually does really good when Thibs brings in Watson to spell Rose...

Someone should give Boozer the memo that the preseason is over.

He played 50 somethin games at 30min per game and still averaged a double double... and had basically the EXACT same stats as his entire career...

Stop the nonsense... he is not god... he is what he always has been.

• 2 weeks later...

Have to say, Chicago's tendency to get themselves into early and/or untimely foul trouble is becoming one of the more intriguing, overlooked little things going on so far in the playoffs. It's one thing to have Bynum or O'Neal being your problems in that regard, but Indy really started picking up on it with Boozer and Noah those last 3 games. Wouldn't be surprised if one of the more savvy teams (Boston, Atlanta, LA...etc), wound up squeezing out a game or two sucking them in on that one.

Interesting series. Chicago looked very good but also very beatable if the matchup's right. I think Miami can beat them. They're strong on the interior but if you've got two guys who can score consistently from mid and long range, you can definitely beat them. Collison and Tyler are one thing, Wade's another. And if Granger was able to do that against them I think Lebron is going to really punish them. He's just too much body for anyone except Noah on that team. He's been playing out of his mind the past few games and Philly is a damn good defensive unit.

Have to say, Chicago's tendency to get themselves into early and/or untimely foul trouble is becoming one of the more intriguing, overlooked little things going on so far in the playoffs. It's one thing to have Bynum or O'Neal being your problems in that regard, but Indy really started picking up on it with Boozer and Noah those last 3 games. Wouldn't be surprised if one of the more savvy teams (Boston, Atlanta, LA...etc), wound up squeezing out a game or two sucking them in on that one.

Interesting series. Chicago looked very good but also very beatable if the matchup's right. I think Miami can beat them. They're strong on the interior but if you've got two guys who can score consistently from mid and long range, you can definitely beat them. Collison and Tyler are one thing, Wade's another. And if Granger was able to do that against them I think Lebron is going to really punish them. He's just too much body for anyone except Noah on that team. He's been playing out of his mind the past few games and Philly is a damn good defensive unit.

Good summary Rutgers. The Bulls were in an offensive slump the first four games, but some part of that has to be attributed to the Pacers D which was actually very good for a 37 win team. I think they're on the way up. The Bulls have some weaknesses for sure starting with Boozer. He's not a smart player nor is he consistently much better than a cigar store indian on D.

Boozer vs. Bosh IV: ¿QUIÉN ES MAS MARICA?

I think Miami can beat them.

Really going out on a limb there. I don't see how anybody could look at how the first round has gone and conclude that either Boston or Chicago is even going to take Miami to six games.

Good summary Rutgers. The Bulls were in an offensive slump the first four games, but some part of that has to be attributed to the Pacers D which was actually very good for a 37 win team. I think they're on the way up. The Bulls have some weaknesses for sure starting with Boozer. He's not a smart player nor is he consistently much better than a cigar store indian on D.

It's pretty awesome watching them play defense. Reminds me a lot of how the Spurs used to cut off passing lanes when Duncan was still in his prime. Boozer's quite the oddity. I don't think any team can win a championship when he's your second best option on offense.

It's pretty awesome watching them play defense. Reminds me a lot of how the Spurs used to cut off passing lanes when Duncan was still in his prime. Boozer's quite the oddity. I don't think any team can win a championship when he's your second best option on offense.

2nd best?

Rose... Deng... Korver... the rest

Really going out on a limb there. I don't see how anybody could look at how the first round has gone and conclude that either Boston or Chicago is even going to take Miami to six games.

Yeah. Maybe it's because I've been down here for the past two months and I don't understand why the entire league isn't in awe of how well Miami played the last few weeks of the season, particularly Lebron. I think it's their conference to lose right now. Lebron and Wade have so much playoff success between the two of them, I don't see how they wouldn't get by Chicago on experience or Boston on legs.

To tell you the truth I don't think I've enjoyed watching any team more than Memphis thus far. Gasol's becoming quite the beast.

This is going to be a good series. Both teams compliment each other's strengths and weaknesses well. Horford and Smith were doing a good job switching off on Noah until they just put Zaza on him, and Atlanta did a good job running the pick and roll for Johnson or Crawford against this defense. Deng and Rose had their hands full on the perimeter all night. Johnson really brought his A-game tonight. These guys have been playing together for quite some time now and it's clear they know how to work any defense. Against Orlando, Atlanta seemed to be playing with the attitude that they're sick of these 1st and 2nd round exits, and they're still going at it accordingly. Wouldn't surprise me at all if they won this series on veteran play alone. They put on a clinic tonight in ball movement. They can go big, they can go small, and they play very safe when the court shrinks. That frontcourt with Zaza in there in the 4th really frustrated Noah and Boozer and probably won them the game. Great coaching job by Drew who worked his lineups perfectly tonight.

Horford vs Noah is really an interesting matchup. There's clearly a major competition going on between them and Horford isn't afraid to body up on him at all, (however Smith smothers him much better, he's such a pest on defense and he was a monster down the stretch on both ends of the court). With how tight that team was in college I'm sure those two are still good friends and they were going hard at each other all game. Chicago needs to make sure that Noah stays out of foul trouble completely. The reach-in and the T were flat out dumb fouls. At the very least use those on putting someone on their a$$ or working for a FG. They were completely outmanned when Atlanta brought Zaza in with Noah on the bench, they switched Horford over to Boozer and just completely worked them all over the court because Asik is still so green. Zaza might not put up much in the stat department, but he's a good defender and clears the ball out as well as you could hope for.

Boozer sucks. Period. Bottom line is he shrunk away from the moment tonight and it hurt the team bad and that was one of the major factors in Chicago's loss tonight.

There were some good, hard playoff fouls in this game. Made for some great basketball. That flagrant on Smith in the 3rd was BS. Really don't see how the officials gave them that one even after seeing it on replay. It was pretty clear that Thomas knocked Smith's arm right into him.

I think this series is going to go at least 6 and probably 7, and could probably go either way. If Johnson and Crawford shoot like that all series Atlanta will probably take this one in 6. Personally I've always been a huge Crawford fan and to anyone familiar with his career, it's no surprise that he hurt Chicago most when it mattered tonight. Regardless of who wins, tonight's game was a pleasure to watch and I imagine the rest of the series will live up to this one. After tonight I'd predict Atlanta in 6, but Thibs is a good coach and could definitely figure some of this sh*t out eventually.

Boozer sucks. Period. Bottom line is he shrunk away from the moment tonight and it hurt the team bad and that was one of the major factors in Chicago's loss tonight.

He always shrinks away from the moment which is why is ridiculous that some people ever said he was a superstar. Hes a guy that usually shows decent energy and is able to follow up bad shots on the offensive end for his team, but he has never been the kind of guy you can rely on to carry a team. Hes too safe a player for that. I still think the Bulls will win the series unless the Hawks shooters just stay super hot simply because Rose is far and away the best player on the court and in the NBA that really counts for something, but with the way the Bulls limped through the Pacers you have to wonder if the young legs of the Bulls are worn out.

with the way the Bulls limped through the Pacers you have to wonder if the young legs of the Bulls are worn out.

Kind of seemed that way tonight at a few points, didn't it? Everyone's been gunning at them every single night since they overtook the 1-seed. Takes a lot of experience to be able to keep at that high intensity night after night and then deep in to the postseason, and still know how to stay fresh. It's what Boston and LA deal with on a nightly basis, (and Miami this year too). Tonight's game looked every bit like the young upstart versus the battle-tested group.

Tonight's game looked every bit like the young upstart versus the battle-tested group.

It sure did Rutgers - and it looked like that because thats the reality. Boozer does suck... I get the turf toe but that doesn't buy off not being intuitive in anything he does while doing it all slowly. They got schooled tonight in their house and I think that puts them where they play best - as the small dog. If they don't come back strong in game 2 at home - it might prepare all us Chicagoan's to get ready with our favorite phrase - "wait till next year"

It sure did Rutgers - and it looked like that because thats the reality. Boozer does suck... I get the turf toe but that doesn't buy off not being intuitive in anything he does while doing it all slowly. They got schooled tonight in their house and I think that puts them where they play best - as the small dog. If they don't come back strong in game 2 at home - it might prepare all us Chicagoan's to get ready with our favorite phrase - "wait till next year"

Offensively Atlanta has like 3-4 players who are essentially the same guy. You just can't let them keep things that wide open on the perimeter and give them their pick of who gets to shoot when they're on like that. But like I said earlier, Drew did a fantastic job rotating his bigs and with Boozer being so mediocre in the paint, they essentially had no choice. You can't expect Rose and Deng to be able to lock down shooters when they have to be that concerned with switches down under. But even if they pull this series out, I just don't think this is Chicago's year. They're so beatable because of Boozer and their youth and like Jason said. They've been having a tough time the entire postseason so far, and haven't looked that impressive throughout all of it. Once upon a time Atlanta was in the same boat. If the Hawks can fluster them like that, you can be damn sure that the veteran teams with better players (and rings to boot), will be able to do it at an even greater degree.

Offensively Atlanta has like 3-4 players who are essentially the same guy. You just can't let them keep things that wide open on the perimeter and give them their pick of who gets to shoot when they're on like that. But like I said earlier, Drew did a fantastic job rotating his bigs and with Boozer being so mediocre in the paint, they essentially had no choice. You can't expect Rose and Deng to be able to lock down shooters when they have to be that concerned with switches down under. But even if they pull this series out, I just don't think this is Chicago's year. They're so beatable because of Boozer and their youth and like Jason said. They've been having a tough time the entire postseason so far, and haven't looked that impressive throughout all of it. Once upon a time Atlanta was in the same boat. If the Hawks can fluster them like that, you can be damn sure that the veteran teams with better players (and rings to boot), will be able to do it at an even greater degree.

This is definitely going to be an interesting series. Rose is going to taste a little bit of what Kobe's had to do in his career this series...lock down a good scorer and provide on the offensive side of the ball. Its not always as easy at it sounds. This should be very interesting to see.

Boozer is worthless. He could be the most overpaid person on the planet.

Once again Derrick Rose has horrible efficiency. 24 points on 27 shots? Not gonna cut it. Also he's settling for 3's in which he shot 2-7 beyond the arc. Thats not his game.

I realize that your brain is more than likely hindered by undissolved Muscle Milk resin and dreams of becoming a UFC fighter, but you do realize that PER isn't simply a measure of FG percentage right? Rose has been pretty solid in the efficiency department this postseason.

Archived