WrestleMafia Game Thread

Bleedin Green

Well if that's how you guys really feel, then it sounds like it's time for a little modivation (get it?).

DEADLINE SET FOR NOON EST TOMORROW.

Official Vote Count

JVOR (1) - Dan

Doggin (2) - JiF, Aemon

brett (3) - war ensemble, Jets Things, doggin

slats (1) - brett

war ensemble (5) - Crusher, Vicious, Jetscode, I28, AVM

SMC (3) - Pac, slats, CTM

Pac (1) - SMC

Jetsfan80 (1) - JVOR

Song (1) - Sharrow

Not Voting: Jetsfan80, Song

With 20 players remaining, it takes 11 to lynch.

I love it when you're mad.

• Replies 3.4k
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Doggin's lynch will provide us the most information with the least risk, in my view. We're 53 pages in and no closer to finding scum as we were on page 1. I'm jumping back on the doggin train. The arguments for it have defeated the arguments against it in my view.

VOTE: Doggin

Official Vote Count

JVOR (1) - Dan

Doggin (3) - JiF, Aemon, Jetsfan80

slats (1) - brett

war ensemble (5) - Crusher, Vicious, Jetscode, I28, AVM

Pac (1) - SMC

Jetsfan80 (1) - JVOR

Song (1) - Sharrow

Not Voting: Song

Doggin's lynch will provide us the most information with the least risk, in my view. We're 53 pages in and no closer to finding scum as we were on page 1. I'm jumping back on the doggin train. The arguments for it have defeated the arguments against it in my view.

This is preposterous.

have mercy..

I'm neutral on Doggin, but for D1 I'd give him the benefit of the doubt. SMC, similar to what Crusher said, I haven't really noticed. And I THINK that was the case against him to start was that he was laying low. So I can understand that, but he hasn't done anything to make me feel like I should vote him.

Since Slats isn't gaining any traction, I'll go to my number two vote.

Unvote Slats

Vote War Ensemble

I'm neutral on Doggin, but for D1 I'd give him the benefit of the doubt. SMC, similar to what Crusher said, I haven't really noticed. And I THINK that was the case against him to start was that he was laying low. So I can understand that, but he hasn't done anything to make me feel like I should vote him.

Since Slats isn't gaining any traction, I'll go to my number two vote.

Unvote Slats

Vote War Ensemble

That's an absurd vote.

Doogie is peddling his a$$ to East Bum F--- and won't likely be around too much from now till our new deadline. Lynching a newish player who won't be here to reveal if necessary is an excercise in idiocy. I expect more from you than this. Really disappointed.. have mercy.

Official Vote Count

JVOR (1) - Dan

Doggin (3) - JiF, Aemon, Jetsfan80

war ensemble (6) - Crusher, Vicious, Jetscode, I28, AVM, brett

Pac (1) - SMC

Jetsfan80 (1) - JVOR

Song (1) - Sharrow

Not Voting: Song

a lot of people i usually read as scum are pinging as usual.. namely dan and brett ... so distracting and confusing you to are..

If war's really not going to be around then i don't see the point of running a train on him .. (i thought he said he'd check in from his itouch , if there' wifi.. or somthing..)

That's an absurd vote.

Doogie is peddling his a$$ to East Bum F--- and won't likely be around too much from now till our new deadline. Lynching a newish player who won't be here to reveal if necessary is an excercise in idiocy. I expect more from you than this. Really disappointed.. have mercy.

WE being gone until the deadline is something I didn't realize until you just said so.

Need to think about it, hopefully WE can check in from his touch before the deadline.

This is preposterous.

have mercy..

That's an absurd vote.

Doogie is peddling his a$ to East Bum F--- and won't likely be around too much from now till our new deadline. Lynching a newish player who won't be here to reveal if necessary is an excercise in idiocy. I expect more from you than this. Really disappointed.. have mercy.

Since you got this figured out Dude Love why don't you tell us kindly who to vote since every vote is stupid to you.

Not sure what intel can be gleaned from Doggin's lynch...can you provide some examples?

In my view...we are only doing the scum's job for them...if he's town...they have to NK...tougher to lynch each passing day...otoh...if he is scum and each night he lives...he becomes more suspect in the eyes of the town.

I just have a hard time buying him as scum when his reveal came so early (D1) + (L-4 or L-5 depending if he has the ability or not). Sounded more like a player with other things on his mind...

WTF is it about the games I mod? I just went through this forum and noticed the following when looking at what our longest mafia game threads were:

1. Star Wars - 4,606 posts

2. New York Jets - 3,765 posts

Notice something in common? Now we've got this game thread, still on DAY ONE: 1,067 posts and counting. I'm just not sure if this says something good or bad about my games.

WTF is it about the games I mod? I just went through this forum and noticed the following when looking at what our longest mafia game threads were:

Notice something in common? Now we've got this game thread, still on DAY ONE: 1,067 posts and counting. I'm just not sure if this says something good or bad about my games.

Star Wars HAD to be a long game. Lots of players and lynched the SK on D1. Doomed from the start.

Deadline on day one seems to be the most important one since everyone drags their feet. The games always speed up past that point. I don't think it's exclusive to your games.

Going out and won't be back until the evening. Of the leading candidates i'd switch to Doggin and will do so if nothing comes out of my vote/he doesn't give some explanations.

Checking in from my sister's dorm. I don't know how often I'll be able to check in. If I get to L1 give me time to reveal before moving forward...

That said , I really don't have a play on anyone. I28 is super-aggressive which caused my being defensive, but apparently he's always like that. SMC and Vicious are laying low right now, in my opinion. We don't have time to keep prodding people though...

Why did you choose to reveal when you did? Was it a real life reason or game play based?

Both - votes were piling up and I didn't know when I was going to get back on. Plus, it's not exactly a devastating power to have, so I wasn't too worried about keeping it secret (hence no need to reveal at the last minute).

Defaulting to "Doggin's the best we've got" is absurd. Lynching someone that revealed town is the best we've got?

I think War Ensemble's vote on Brett was scummy, his theory about Brett/Crusher was weak especially when you consider he drew such semi-conclusive suspicion in the same breathe that he debunked the validity of D1 cases. His attempts to defend and un-own those comments, however long-winded, have not been sufficient. I like my vote.

I also think CTM's assertion that I was going after the "easy target" in WE is sh*t, and could serve his typical ulterior motives... perhaps WE is scum and CTM was distancing? Perhaps WE is town and CTM scum, and CTM sees town on town with me going after WE and plans to use it against me on D2? Either way, I am curious to see how CTM revisits those remarks if we lynch WE, because CTM doesn't breadcrumb stuff like that for no reason.

Defaulting to "Doggin's the best we've got" is absurd. Lynching someone that revealed town is the best we've got?

I think War Ensemble's vote on Brett was scummy, his theory about Brett/Crusher was weak especially when you consider he drew such semi-conclusive suspicion in the same breathe that he debunked the validity of D1 cases. His attempts to defend and un-own those comments, however long-winded, have not been sufficient. I like my vote.

I also think CTM's assertion that I was going after the "easy target" in WE is sh*t, and could serve his typical ulterior motives... perhaps WE is scum and CTM was distancing? Perhaps WE is town and CTM scum, and CTM sees town on town with me going after WE and plans to use it against me on D2? Either way, I am curious to see how CTM revisits those remarks if we lynch WE, because CTM doesn't breadcrumb stuff like that for no reason.

Aside from Verbal last game... is there ever anyone that doesn't reveal town? Its not like hes going to say "Well you got me close enough to a lynch, I'm scum"

Lil's game was like 1500 on day 1..

20 player games make day 1 hard and mostly meangingless.. much more important in smaller games..

standard lineup 5 scum, 15 town, 1 NK every night, = we could miss lynch 4 days in a row and be at lylo on day 5 (assuing no doc protects)

in 12 player game 3 scum, 9 town, 1 NK every night = you only have 2 days worth of mislynches before lylo on day 3 (assuing no doc protects)

Checking in from my sister's dorm. I don't know how often I'll be able to check in. If I get to L1 give me time to reveal before moving forward...

That said , I really don't have a play on anyone. I28 is super-aggressive which caused my being defensive, but apparently he's always like that. SMC and Vicious are laying low right now, in my opinion. We don't have time to keep prodding people though...

I have one less post than you do which I wouldnt' exactly label as "laying low" considering I missed the first 24-48 hour shennanigans due to an injury that basically kept me off the computer and out of work. That was a good contribution.

We're you expecting him to reveal as scum? get it together bongo, this makes no sense...

perhaps you're just paranoid. I'm town, and i have no clue about WE, althought I'd like not to vote him unless he jups off the page. Nothing more or less

Not sure what intel can be gleaned from Doggin's lynch...can you provide some examples?

In my view...we are only doing the scum's job for them...if he's town...they have to NK...tougher to lynch each passing day...otoh...if he is scum and each night he lives...he becomes more suspect in the eyes of the town.

I just have a hard time buying him as scum when his reveal came so early (D1) + (L-4 or L-5 depending if he has the ability or not). Sounded more like a player with other things on his mind...

This, especially the bolded.

All I think that Doggin's lynch will tell us, is Doggin's alignment.

I'm not keen on the idea of going on a double voter witch hunt, as JIF suggested, it just doesn't make sense. So we run Doggin to 11 or 12 votes, lynch him, find out what he is and find out what exactly? Chances of a double voter now being on Doggin's train are slim to none... that leaves us down a revealed townie, who I take at his word for the momemnt, and guessing that there is a double voter amongst the pool of people that were not on the train? Then what? The way I see it, we know as much now as we will after Doggin's lynch... that there MIGHT be a double voter. That's it.

This is the second time this game that JIF has advocated pursuing a course that mires the town in speculation, the first time being when he wanted to "talk it out" about Pac's post restriction. The findings from that endeavor? Pac is obnoxious. :rolleyes:

Aside from Verbal last game... is there ever anyone that doesn't reveal town? Its not like hes going to say "Well you got me close enough to a lynch, I'm scum"

I lol'd.

It is the truth, of course the point is scum tries to think of a good role reveal at this point to get the heat off of him. Then we unvote and speed lynch some other person due to the deadline. Day 1 with 12 + players is exhausting IMO.

This, especially the bolded.

All I think that Doggin's lynch will tell us, is Doggin's alignment.

I'm not keen on the idea of going on a double voter witch hunt, as JIF suggested, it just doesn't make sense. So we run Doggin to 11 or 12 votes, lynch him, find out what he is and find out what exactly? Chances of a double voter now being on Doggin's train are slim to none... that leaves us down a revealed townie, who I take at his word for the momemnt, and guessing that there is a double voter amongst the pool of people that were not on the train? Then what? The way I see it, we know as much now as we will after Doggin's lynch... that there MIGHT be a double voter. That's it.

This is the second time this game that JIF has advocated pursuing a course that mires the town in speculation, the first time being when he wanted to "talk it out" about Pac's post restriction. The findings from that endeavor? Pac is obnoxious. :rolleyes:

We can learn an awful lot about who did NOT vote Doggin if he ends up being scum. A lot of people have defended him since he revealed. Also, there isn't much to lose if he's telling the truth. A +1 vote townie? Oooh, huge loss! Nor do we lose Doggin's mafia skills, since he won't be around much this game.

What intel can we gain from lynching someone else, I28? Who are you targeting and what is there to learn?

It is the truth, of course the point is scum tries to think of a good role reveal at this point to get the heat off of him. Then we unvote and speed lynch some other person due to the deadline. Day 1 with 12 + players is exhausting IMO.

Count me in for wanting smaller games filled with active players going forward.. i don't know when this big game stuff started.. we could easily run a 12, and then kick off another for any that missed the first and for the people who die quickly in the 12 person game.. or a 12 and a 9

Count me in for wanting smaller games filled with active players going forward.. i don't know when this big game stuff started.. we could easily run a 12, and then kick off another for any that missed the first and for the people who die quickly in the 12 person game.. or a 12 and a 9

As interest wanes for mafia smaller games make sense. I think the demand was so high for games early in the offseason that big games were the only option to fit everyone in. You're never going to be able to guarantee a high level of activity from people even if the game is smaller.

We can learn an awful lot about who did NOT vote Doggin if he ends up being scum. A lot of people have defended him since he revealed. Also, there isn't much to lose if he's telling the truth. A +1 vote townie? Oooh, huge loss! Nor do we lose Doggin's mafia skills, since he won't be around much this game.

What intel can we gain from lynching someone else, I28? Who are you targeting and what is there to learn?

And now that you've ANNOUNCED it for everyone to see what's to say the entire scum team doesn't hop on his train and then you get townies left out because they don't want to be a hammer vote. Scum could just do the "Aw schucks I'll be the 11th vote just in-case guys!"

Archived