QB dept. : " Sheer luck buoyed Mark Sanchez's stats " ~ ~ ~

kelly

• Replies 203
  • Created
  • Last Reply

He also led the league by far in interceptions that occurred after completions when the whistle should have blown the play dead. If his receivers didn't have alligator arms or drop TDs in the end zone he might have 22 TDs. Guess what though... there is not A stat for that just like there is no stat for "dropped interception"

he's beloved by Jets fans (and with good reason) but the fact remains Sanchez could play alot better, especially in the 1st quarter. He's leaving alot of opportunities out there... watch that Pitt replay and for all the slack the defense gave, it would have helped if the offense woke up before they were down 24 points.

if they resign the 2 WR and keep Schotty, its because they are trying to disrupt mark's development as little as possible.

first off I hate the offseason combined with a lockout because articles like this come out...the fact remains that Sanchez is still a young player learning the ropes of the NFL. Several former NFL quarterbacks like Trent Dilfer and Steve Young have said the Jets offense is way too complicated for a young player like Sanchez. With that being said I think he improved a ton last year. And lets be honest there are times when his wrs didn't do him any favors either.

Holy who ******* cares Batman.

Nothing better than debating the "shoulda, woulda, coulda" stat categories... if our defense was as good as they tells us they are, we'd have played in the past 2 SBs. Is there a stat for that?

Wasn't it Football Outsiders who also predicted that Sanchez would be a colossal bust based on their numbers? I get as frustrated with Sanchez as anybody, but this stat-mongering gets pretty silly sometimes, especially in the hands of a dipsh*t like Graham.

Wasn't it Football Outsiders who also predicted that Sanchez would be a colossal bust based on their numbers? I get as frustrated with Sanchez as anybody, but this stat-mongering gets pretty silly sometimes, especially in the hands of a dipsh*t like Graham.

They said he was Jamarcus Russell part 2, essentially.

They said he was Jamarcus Russell part 2, essentially.

Missed where Russell's career started with 2 straight AFC title game appearances, preceded by 2 road playoff wins. We all get frustrated with the chances he leaves on the field. But you see flashes of greatness, and the results cannot be argued with.

Missed where Russell's career started with 2 straight AFC title game appearances, preceded by 2 road playoff wins. We all get frustrated with the chances he leaves on the field. But you see flashes of greatness, and the results cannot be argued with.

Perhaps Jamarcus also has a taste for nubile teens.

If I never hear the term "dropped interception" again it will be too soon.

You know what else you can call a "dropped interception?" An incomplete pass.

Can you believe how many incomplete passes Drew Brees threw last year? 210. That guy sucks! :rolleyes:

"Dropped pass" is an incomplete pass too.

But he throws more of them than other guys based on impossible to accurately determine criteria.

Oh, then the Jets must be set up to fail....and the almighty Patriots are gonna benefit from this lockout according to ESPN and no one else in the division will, so we might as well give up now :rolleyes:

Oh, then the Jets must be set up to fail....and the almighty Patriots are gonna benefit from this lockout according to ESPN and no one else in the division will, so we might as well give up now :rolleyes:

Mainly Tim Graham, their AFC East beat writer.

Let's look at Mr. Graham's resume for a moment, shall we: In Mr. Graham's career he has spent time covering the Miami Dolphins for the Palm Beach Post and prior to that, he worked in Buffalo, NY for eight years. Mr. Graham currently works for the New England Patriots PR depar..... errrr, I mean ESPN.com

Gee, no wonder Tim Graham rarely, if ever, has anything remotely positive to write about the New York Jets. :blink:

Sportswriter who worked for newspapers in South Florida, Buffalo, and Boston writes scathing article about Jets QB. Shocker.

(But the article isn't without its points and as Jets fan I think Sanchez does need to improve his accuracy considerably as he is and has been the weakest link on the offense).

Dont insult Football Outsiders, Aten, Dbastesman and CTM will castrate you.

The article is a joke, dropped interceptions. I've been as tough on the kid as any, and he wildly inaccurate, but this is just silly. And it completely ignores the "drops" that our WR's had which would have increased his stats...only focuses on the "dropped INT's"...kind of hard to take serious when you think about it that way.

I do love how 2010 is over and the Jets are still getting "lucky".

The article is a joke, dropped interceptions. I've been as tough on the kid as any, and he wildly inaccurate, but this is just silly. And it completely ignores the "drops" that our WR's had which would have increased his stats...only focuses on the "dropped INT's"...kind of hard to take serious when you think about it that way.

I love how a team can go to back to back conference championships yet suck so bad that they have to get this lucky all the time to win a single game, let alone 24 in two years.

I'm tight with the intellectual community. In May we're all driving down to Florida, picking up RutgersJetsFan, and attending an Orlando Predators game so we can make jokes about Heidegger's cat all night. You could go too if you aced your SATs like us, Mr. 1350 Dumbass.

I'm tight with the intellectual community. In May we're all driving down to Florida, picking up RutgersJetsFan, and attending an Orlando Predators game so we can make jokes about Heidegger's cat all night. You could go too if you aced your SATs like us, Mr. 1350 Dumbass.

1350? You are giving me way too much credit. 1100 and proud of it!!!

When you go that Orlando Predators game, you can pick me up in Jax on the way. I know people, O-town was my stomping grounds, we'll get the hook up. Plus, T.T Toliver is my boy. I used to ball with that dude back in the day.

You're a joke, I didn't read the article but I'm sure the point is that "luck" doesn't hold up over time. If he he was the QB who had the least dropped INT's, instead of the most, maybe we don't make the playoffs and for sure someone would write an article explaining why Mark's bad luck isn't likely to last. People make a lot of money unearthing data like this and betting for it to regress to the mean..

I love how a team can go to back to back conference championships yet suck so bad that they have to get this lucky all the time to win a single game, let alone 24 in two years.

I'd love to go back and look at some of your posts during the pats superbowl run.. I'm sure luck was thrown around plenty..

I'd love to go back and look at some of your posts during the pats superbowl run.. I'm sure luck was thrown around plenty..

Sorry, but I didn't start posting on Jets message boards until after the Pats stopped winning SBs. Yes, it's been THAT long since the Pats actually won a Super Bowl.

Of course, many felt the Pats were extraordinarily lucky to win three Super Bowls by 3 points each. It wasn't until 2007 that we found out they were cheating and that luck had nothing to do with it. :P

Sorry, but I didn't start posting on Jets message boards until after the Pats stopped winning SBs. Yes, it's been THAT long since the Pats actually won a Super Bowl.

Of course, many felt the Pats were extraordinarily lucky to win three Super Bowls by 3 points each. It wasn't until 2007 that we found out they were cheating and that luck had nothing to do with it. :P

I have always wondered....if a team has such a comptetive edge from filming from a forbidden part of the feild, wouldn't they win games by more than three points? I always found that argument pretty funny.

1.....2......3....here come Angry Michael and Zippy.....

So the pats are lucky winning 3 SB's (even though they went 14-2, 14-2, and 11-3 (with brady)), but we weren't luck aided @9-7 (with an indy forfeit) and 11-5??? Is that what you're story is?

I have always wondered....if a team has such a comptetive edge from filming from a forbidden part of the feild, wouldn't they win games by more than three points? I always found that argument pretty funny.

1.....2......3....here come Angry Michael and Zippy.....

1. How many times do you need to be told that they didn't lose a 1st round pick or get the largest fine in NFL history for filming from the wrong part of the field. They were punished for filming other teams' coaches sending in signals.

2. I've always wondered why Pats fans laud Bill Belichick as a football "genius" yet when it comes to this one particular subject they seem to all know much more than him because he obviously felt he gained a significant advantage because he did it for the better part of a decade. So unless you know something Bill Belichick doesn't, which means he is a moron who doesn't know dick about football, you're wrong.

And you actually wonder why some people mistake you for a Patsy troll. :face:

I don't care what people mistake me for, I'm pointing out your ridiculous hypocrisy. I have to point it out for my own sanity.

You're a joke, I didn't read the article but I'm sure the point is that "luck" doesn't hold up over time. If he he was the QB who had the least dropped INT's, instead of the most, maybe we don't make the playoffs and for sure someone would write an article explaining why Mark's bad luck isn't likely to last. People make a lot of money unearthing data like this and betting for it to regress to the mean..

Yeah, there are a ton of rich people running around these days who got their gambling because they pat attention to Football Outsiders...lol.

The article is a joke, just like your love for data thinking it actually shows up on the Football field. There is a reason why dropped INT's, dont show up on anyone stats.

Did Football Outsiders predict it with data?

Archived