Jenn Sterger goes on GMA to talk about not wanting to talk about Brett Favre

T0mShane

Jenn Sterger says her family and career were 'hurt' by Brett Favre

Read more: http://www.nypost.com/p/news/local/jenn_sterger_says_favre_family_and_mQca1Vp6ynk4Ij9o7ALZYI#ixzz1JQgwsJ1p

Former Jets sideline reporter Jenn Sterger said her family has been "hurt" by the Brett Favre scandal and that she expected athletes to harass her when she decided to pursue a career in sports broadcasting.

In the final segment of a two-part interview with ABC's "ood Morning America" that aired today, Sterger said the allegations that she was bombarded with X-rated photos and voicemails from Favre damaged her parents and sister.

"It hurts people who didn't ask to be involved in my life and put in the spotlight. It hurt my family," said Sterger, as she fought back tears.

Sterger, the former New York Jets game day hostess who was at the center of the Favre sexting scandal, said her parents get bothered with snide comments. Her sister, a nurse, had to even endure a stranger telling her: "Oh, you're related to Favre Girl.

"It's my sister," Sterger added. "What's she supposed to say?"

Both Sterger and Favre worked for the Jets in 2008 when the randy granddaddy allegedly threw a pass at the curvy game-day hostess, as was first reported last October by the sports blog Deadspin.com.

Sterger, 27, said she said she started getting text messages, then a series of voicemails. At first, she said she didn't not know who was contacting her. She said Favre's advances we're no surprise in the end.

"I knew what I was getting myself into working in sports: It's the boy club," she said.

Last December, the NFL concluded its investigation of Favre by fining him $50,000 fine for failing to cooperate with the process.

The NFL said Commissioner Roger Goodell couldn't conclude Favre violated the league's personal conduct policy based on the evidence available. Investigators were trying to determine if Favre sent inappropriate messages and below-the-belt photos to Sterger in 2008, when both worked for the Jets.

Favre officially ended his 20-year NFL career in January after an injury-prone season with the Minnesota Vikings. Favre has admitted to leaving the voicemails, but not to sending inappropriate pictures of himself.

Asked if the NFL and Goodell did a good job handling the matter, Sterger said, "I cooperated with the NFL. ... I had to stake in it. I was a witness. That's it."

Pressed for an answer, Sterger replied, "I think he handled it the way he was supposed to."

Sterger said she wants to continue being a sports reporter despite the scandal.

"It's something I love doing. I am passionate about sports," she said.

Sterger also said she dreams of the day when her name and Favre's are no longer linked.

She said she hopes someday to "be able to get on the Internet and not to be bombarded by nasty headlines."

With AP

Read more: http://www.nypost.com/p/news/local/jenn_sterger_says_favre_family_and_mQca1Vp6ynk4Ij9o7ALZYI#ixzz1JQgFyF7F

Her sister, a nurse, had to even endure a stranger telling her: "Oh, you're related to Favre Girl.

Clearly, it's her sister who's the real victim here. I can't imagine what kind of torture that would be.

lol. "hurt her career." Like anybody outside of the metropolitan area would know who she was without the scandal.

There are no winners here. "Her career", however, consisted of sitting in the front row of FSU games with her surgically-enhanced boobs hanging out, and posing for Maxim and Playboy. Now, how was that ruined by any of this? She is going to be working the pole or doing soft core/skinamax stuff anyway, not splitting the atom nor doing cancer research.

ESPN should hire her. She is no less qualified than Erin Andrews. I saw Andrews at the draft when Sanchez was picked. She is very beautiful, but you could've as easily went out into Midtown for 15 minutes and found 3 or 4 other women shopping in Midtown who were as hot or hotter. And really what great wonderful insight does she offer other than being easy on the eyes? Jenn Sterger could easily say nonsense like "I just spoke to Coach X at halftime and he says they have to stop the run better and get more first downs".

Plus Sterger does have better boobs.

lol. "hurt her career." Like anybody outside of the metropolitan area would know who she was without the scandal.

Yeah, she was a rising sports journalist. :rolleyes:

Did she think that the job offers would be piling up after she opened her mouth? She cant be trusted again and any pro team would be foolish to hire her.

I knew her as this pick before she came to NY. her damn careers looked promising in this pic.

JennSterger.jpg

I can't even look at it as a sexual entity. I'd rather bang a chick with raging herpes corpuscles on her face than bang one that's gonna blab about it all over town.

I can't even look at it as a sexual entity. I'd rather bang a chick with raging herpes corpuscles on her face than bang one that's gonna blab about it all over town.

yeah because you lived your entire life in fear of a Playboy model telling everyone, "Tomshane banged me" LOL

So, let me get this straight. Favre is a huge azzhole, but girlie here gets the majority of the venom. The more things change, the more they stay the same.

If this scandal has taught me something, it's that Brett Fave isn't a "huge" anything.

So, let me get this straight. Favre is a huge azzhole, but girlie here gets the majority of the venom. The more things change, the more they stay the same.

Garb complaining about sexism on a sports message board. The more things change, the more they stay the same.

I don't know if you want to carry that torch in this instance, Ms. Steinem. Women send me pictures of their genitalia all the time--some warranted, some not so much. Regardless, I don't complain or make a scene of it. If it's unwanted genitalia, I simply delete it.

Archived