OFFICIAL Boston Celtics vs Miami Heat series thread

Blackout

• Replies 150
  • Created
  • Last Reply

this series is the most interesting of all playoff series to me...even more than whatever the finals will be

just think about all the HOFers and allstars on these two rosters

HOFers:

Garnett

Shaq

Allen

Pierce

Lebron

Wade

Allstars:

Rondo

Bosh

J'Oneal

Howard

This is it Gentleman. The premier 2nd round matchup in the 2011 NBA Playoffs. It's gonna be a war on the floor!!! I'm sure Garnett's antics will be in full effect against Bosh. As a heat fan i would have to say the player that scares me the most is Ray Allen. Anytime I see him shooting I think it's going in. On Offense for the Heat, If we do not drive to the rim i'm going to be pissed off! I don't want Wade and James shooting jumpers all day...DRIVE! Were going to need a starter besides the Big 3 or bench player to have at least one solid/big game this series. My prediction is Heat in 7. LET'S GO HEAT!!!!

This is it Gentleman. The premier 2nd round matchup in the 2011 NBA Playoffs. It's gonna be a war on the floor!!! I'm sure Garnett's antics will be in full effect against Bosh. As a heat fan i would have to say the player that scares me the most is Ray Allen. Anytime I see him shooting I think it's going in. On Offense for the Heat, If we do not drive to the rim i'm going to be pissed off! I don't want Wade and James shooting jumpers all day...DRIVE! Were going to need a starter besides the Big 3 or bench player to have at least one solid/big game this series. My prediction is Heat in 7. LET'S GO HEAT!!!!

Good to see a Heat fan who's not a homer. I think this can go either way, but I think Boston will win in 7, just because we're f*ckin Road Warriors this season!

But yeah, good to see that you don't think this is going to be a huge blowout one way or the other, like the homer Rutger...I think it'll definitely go to game 7, and Rutger saying that the series won't even be close is pretty comical.

But honestly, I think Rondo will continue his playoff hot streak. I dunno if anyone else noticed, but I think Rondo actually found his jump shot!

Good to see a Heat fan who's not a homer. I think this can go either way, but I think Boston will win in 7, just because we're f*ckin Road Warriors this season!

But yeah, good to see that you don't think this is going to be a huge blowout one way or the other, like the homer Rutger...I think it'll definitely go to game 7, and Rutger saying that the series won't even be close is pretty comical.

But honestly, I think Rondo will continue his playoff hot streak. I dunno if anyone else noticed, but I think Rondo actually found his jump shot!

Yea Rondo is a monster. Can't believe i didn't mention him in my post. He actually played sick D against LBJ in one of our meeting this year. If his jumper is on he's a serious, serious problem.

This is where the Heat exit the playoffs. I know everyone and their mom thinks the Heat are the best team ever, but they still lack the chemistry to beat Boston in a 7 game series. The Heat struggled to beat ANY good team this year, because like the Knicks they lack depth, and Bosch is so over rated its not even funny. Boston in 6. Ya'll can circle jerk to the Heat next year, because they probably will win it all... just not this year.

worst "ejection" ever.

Stern must be banging his head against a wall....he gets a great game and now all the media is going to talk about is his retarded ref throwing PP out for nothing

Miami's kicking our a$$ today though either way.

8 points, 7 assists for Rondo. That's what that guy looks like when somebody guards him? Clearly better than Steve Nash.

8 points, 7 boards, 7 assists

That is actually a pretty good stat line for your 4th option but since your a Knicks fan I assume you forgot what a 3rd option was to begin with :D

Heat in 5. Anyone who thinks this is going to be close has NOT watched Lebron the past month. He beat Boston on his own when he had a worse team and Boston had younger legs, but yeah, I'm sure throwing age into the mix and Dwayne Wade should totally even this one out.

Agreed. Said the same thing to my pops yesterday when we were watching it together. Boston will take 1 at home on some fluky call or last minute shot, but that will be it. They are just too old and slow to keep up with the Heat.

Boston is in a bad spot for the future of that organization. Their entire team is old and either washed up...or half way there. Time to revamp or they will be irrelevant again really quick.

James Jones baby!!! He hsot 43% from beyonf the arc this season,so if Boston continues to leave him open to bring 2 guys at Bron....expect more of the same from Jones.

Agreed. Said the same thing to my pops yesterday when we were watching it together. Boston will take 1 at home on some fluky call or last minute shot, but that will be it. They are just too old and slow to keep up with the Heat.

Boston is in a bad spot for the future of that organization. Their entire team is old and either washed up...or half way there. Time to revamp or they will be irrelevant again really quick.

lol dude's be hating

Rondo is like 25 and once the big 3 are gone just imagine all the cap space Boston will have to go sign someone else

lol dude's be hating

Rondo is like 25 and once the big 3 are gone just imagine all the cap space Boston will have to go sign someone else

Easier said then done...most the big name FA's are already on the move if they havent already moved.

I'm really not hating. You are in denial if you dont see whats happening to your squad. They are old and they just dont have what it takes to hang. I mean, lets be honest...prior to KG and Ray Allen coming over, its not like the Celtics were some big players in FA, nor were they a relevant franchise. Rondo may help to attract a pure scorer, but how many of those type players routinely come available?

Boston is in trouble. They've built a solid trio that is getting old and mistakingly, they've just added old washed up players around them in hopes to muster out 1 more championship. Green is the only player that is young that I could see contributing to team in the long run. I'm not a Rondo hater, I think he's good, but it will be interesting to see how good he really is when he's not playing with 4 HOF players or if he's actually asked to help score on a regular basis.

Quite honestly, I see him being trade bait.

Celtics fans already blaming this series on an average at best Kendrick Perkins.

He was tough as nails. The team has become softer with his departure. It's the truth. Not sure if it would be a series victory, but it would have been more difficult for the Heat.

Yeah, that other-wordly defender with his huevos grandes was instumental in stopping Z-Bo and Gasol yesterday.

54 and 23 between the 2 of them. Yowza. I want Memphis/LA just to see the bigs go at it. Bynum's entering in to that "I need to prove to everyone that I'm not a puss" stage of his career, and it would be awesome to see that for a few games against Z Bo.

Celtics fans already blaming this series on an average at best Kendrick Perkins.

LOL "average at best?" are you comparing him to Hakeem?

comparing him to centers these days and he's easily a top 25% center

Yeah, that other-wordly defender with his huevos grandes was instumental in stopping Z-Bo and Gasol yesterday.

I had no idea one guy was able to defend two guys

interesting approach...are you a coach?

I had no idea one guy was able to defend two guys

interesting approach...are you a coach?

I don't need to be a coach to see that Gasol and Randolph scored a combined 54 points on 22-33 shooting and by converting 11-13 at the line while being guarded by two purportedly plus defenders in Perkins and Ibaka.

It doesn't take Red ****ing Auerbach to recognize that when a guy is a defensive big whose team that got dominated by the opponents' bigs, while possessing an extremely limited offensive skillset (whopping 2 pts in 30 minutes), that he was essentially worthless on the court.

I don't need to be a coach to see that Gasol and Randolph scored a combined 54 points on 22-33 shooting and by converting 11-13 at the line while being guarded by two purportedly plus defenders in Perkins and Ibaka.

It doesn't take Red ****ing Auerbach to recognize that when a guy is a defensive big whose team that got dominated by the opponents' bigs, while possessing an extremely limited offensive skillset (whopping 2 pts in 30 minutes), that he was essentially worthless on the court.

but you did not place any blame on Ibaka, you placed it all on Perkins

meaning YOU thought Perkins could guard the both of them at once.

smart one.

Archived