Sacred Thrust Mafia - Official Game Thread

Jack_D

• Replies 2.8k
  • Created
  • Last Reply

I've noticed soething that I would've preferred to let it bake for a day or 2 but couldn't resist ..

This is good. You've "noticed something" 4 of the last 5 games. Not once was I scum. The one time you didn't "notice something" you were scum... the other 4 times you were wrong, and I wasn't scum. Yeah, yeah... I know I was the SK, but the case you gave as to why I was scum during that game did not apply to me being SK, so it was a happy accident really.

Agree with this, and while day one is never overly revealing, last thing we need is a day one as useless as you guys had last game with WWWWWWWWWombat. While I agree with CTM's breakdown of the JC situation in that I don't see how he would come to that conclusion as scum unless he forgot his own alignment or somehow thought it was worth the risk to throw that out there on the assumption that we were all too stupid to realize. The flip side is his train may give us the most info. Verb, I didn't get pinged as scummy early with his reveal despite his exception to my point that I find it more likely that his reveal could be that of scum than JiF's. But I didn't love his over-defensiveness and the old "people who question me must be scum!" with some really weak reasoning about why he couldn't possibly be scum. The Ape, outside of being a bit quieter than usual I'm not seeing anything overly scummy there and not much of a case being made by those who jumped onto him. As you said, I don't know how much we'll get out of his lynch.

In the interest of having my vote count for something with an upcoming deadline, I'll at least go with the one who has had moments of play I've found the most issue with.

Unvote

Vote: Verb

I like this vote actually - Verbal was defending himself when I voted JC, and he jumped right on that train... like a momentum swing.

I like this vote actually - Verbal was defending himself when I voted JC, and he jumped right on that train... like a momentum swing.

Of course you do. The other train is on yourself.

Unvote

Vote Monkey boy

Sure, but that doesnt explain why'd you expect there to be evil nurses when we know we are looking for lawyers. And, I think CTM is helping you get out this too, btw. He's basically spelled out a cover for you on 2 occasions, which it looks like you are taking and running with.

and you still haven't explained how it's a slip...

This is good. You've "noticed something" 4 of the last 5 games. Not once was I scum. The one time you didn't "notice something" you were scum... the other 4 times you were wrong, and I wasn't scum. Yeah, yeah... I know I was the SK, but the case you gave as to why I was scum during that game did not apply to me being SK, so it was a happy accident really.

no you retard, the reason i stole your item was because I thought you were shady based on your posts. SK or scum, i still picked you out as a phoney..

If hess didn't destroy my item, I'd stayed on you but never made that connection as you being scum.. And pac said he wanted to destroy your item, so i was 100% just didn't predict mess station's unorthodox play

edit: lets shelve this discussion, not going to get us anywhere..

Unvote

Vote Monkey boy

I'm hunting scum lady... If I was interested in self-preservation, I wouldn't have unvoted JC.

Way to pile on though. I take it my post about you pinging me on JC's train hit a bit too close to home.

Vote Nae

This is not an OMGUS vote, I wanted to see how she reacted to my earlier post where I pointed out her avoiding the JC train and then piling on "because of the deadline".

no you retard, the reason i stole your item was because I thought you were shady based on your posts. SK or scum, i still picked you out as a phoney..

If hess didn't destroy my item, I'd stayed on you but never made that connection as you being scum.. And pac said he wanted to destroy your item, so i was 100% just didn't predict mess station's unorthodox play

edit: lets shelve this discussion, not going to get us anywhere..

Agree with the bold part.

I'm hunting scum lady... If I was interested in self-preservation, I wouldn't have unvoted JC.

Way to pile on though. I take it my post about you pinging me on JC's train hit a bit too close to home.

Vote Nae

This is not an OMGUS vote, I wanted to see how she reacted to my earlier post where I pointed out her avoiding the JC train and then piling on "because of the deadline".

Yes it did. You got me. Because I never do that. You metagame alot my monkey friend. Why have you not yet discovered that I always jump in close to deadline and try to help prevent a random lynch?

You want a reason? We are like what? 2 hours from deadline and two half trains going. I think Jackie DD said we get no info if its random? I'll have to go back and recheck. I think the one two three shot of the first votes on you in less than 5 minutes of each other is very weird and suspicious. It has certainly made me put those three on my to watch list... but, if Verbal's claim is true... in charge nurse.. it's worth looking into more. At this point it will be hard to gain 9 votes on anyone other than one of you two.

I'm looking at Hess or CTM....

JC may have just been trying to self preserve.

Hess has named just about everyone in the game and has been quite sure they are either definetly town or definetly scum. Weird. Useless to the benefit of the game.. and about as accurate as the 8 ball. ( I <3 you Hess)

CTM I'll have to look at again.

Hess has named just about everyone in the game and has been quite sure they are either definetly town or definetly scum. Weird. Useless to the benefit of the game.. and about as accurate as the 8 ball. ( I <3 you Hess)

I've already pointed out how Hess was happy to vote just about anyone, except JC, then he did vote JC, then when JC voted me Hess switched to me... I would expect JC to try to derail his own lynch, but Hess and CTM were right there to help him derail.

Honestly I think JC is the most informative lynch option right now.

I've already pointed out how Hess was happy to vote just about anyone, except JC, then he did vote JC, then when JC voted me Hess switched to me... I would expect JC to try to derail his own lynch, but Hess and CTM were right there to help him derail.

Could be right there. Mayhaps Hess is a symp? All I know is it was VERY weird for the three of them to do that in less than 5 minutes like that.

and voting ape?, until he voted you..

welcome to the short list toots

his alignment says nothing about mine.. I'll go back there to avoid a random.. would prefer you

and voting ape?, until he voted you..

welcome to the short list toots

his alignment says nothing about mine.. I'll go back there to avoid a random.. would prefer you

This is a curious statement... you say this as though you know he's town, and are pre-defending yourself.

Could be right there. Mayhaps Hess is a symp? All I know is it was VERY weird for the three of them to do that in less than 5 minutes like that.

Over-selling the "very weird" thing here to be honest.

Heck there were like 3 quick votes on JC, and you dropped your vote on BG right in them middle of them... was that "very weird" too?

Edit: also don't like the symp speculation, just clouds things up at this stage...

This is a curious statement... you say this as though you know he's town, and are pre-defending yourself.

wtf.. I'm not even voting JC, why would I predefend myself for defending a townie..

i think you got ahold of a bad bannana bonzo

Words and Deeds

Bottom line: Your conspiracy theories suck.

Your in the driver's seat now hot shot... I'm town, but if you think its a good idea to lead a lynch on me, without even getting people to give a reason... have at it.

wtf.. I'm not even voting JC, why would I predefend myself for defending a townie..

i think you got ahold of a bad bannana bonzo

You influenced a handful of the early votes on his train... you only started defending him when the train got long. And anyone that says "his alignment doesn't say anything about mine" is pre-defending a coroner's report, imo.

No. I voted him as a joke for the women and period thing. As I explained. You agree its odd but you question me saying it's VERY odd. -shrugs- whatever cupcake. Lemme go back and see why you keep hounding the BG vote in the middle of the JC voting...

pot-meet-kettle.jpg

I also explained, CTM, that I voted for monkey because we are near deadline and those were the two trains.

You influenced a handful of the early votes on his train... you only started defending him when the train got long. And anyone that says "his alignment doesn't say anything about mine" is pre-defending a coroner's report, imo.

While I do agree with the bolded, people also have to be careful not to get over-committed to tying together two people's alignment either. We've definitely shot ourselves in the foot with that one enough times before.

In this particular case, there are two separate arguments being made tying CTM's alignment to JC's. You seem to be saying if JC flips town, you think CTM is scum because he was influencing the train early on and is now trying to distance from the train, while there are others who are saying if JC flips scum, they think CTM is scum because he's trying to defend his scummate in JC. Frankly, knowing the bussing POS scummate CTM is, the second scenario seems very unlikely to me, but that's besides the point. The point is, the two ways of tying CTM to JC can't both be right.

I surely did.

link?

While I do agree with the bolded, people also have to be careful not to get over-committed to tying together two people's alignment either. We've definitely shot ourselves in the foot with that one enough times before.

In this particular case, there are two separate arguments being made tying CTM's alignment to JC's. You seem to be saying if JC flips town, you think CTM is scum because he was influencing the train early on and is now trying to distance from the train, while there are others who are saying if JC flips scum, they think CTM is scum because he's trying to defend his scummate in JC. Frankly, knowing the bussing POS scummate CTM is, the second scenario seems very unlikely to me, but that's besides the point. The point is, the two ways of tying CTM to JC can't both be right.

yep, and the fact that I'm town and have no freaken clue what he is

my post was a clarification of the ape's idea that jc's alignment was going to offer some insight into anything.. we've all seen townies be scum's best friend in these games, happens all the time in fact

1. 5:11 pm Jif votes Jc

2. 5:48 pm Vic votes Jc

3. 5:57 pm Nae votes BG

There were other votes and unvotes around this time..

I started with Jif because you said mine was in the middle

of a few votes for JC...

Started here.

No one else votes for JC for several pages...

and it is Hess at 10:49 today directly after JD said that we

have 5 hours til deadline.

Right here.

I put him at l-1 at 11:05 and at 11:23 the 3some starts

11:23- JC votes Ape

11:23- Hess unvotes

11:24- then votes Ape

11:27 shortly followed by CTM

all in a row and all within 5 minutes.

I don't see how a half hour stretch and then nothing til nearly 24 hours later for JC is the same as 4 post in a row, within 5 minutes, with 3 different votes piling on you. Why are we still having this argument?

No. I voted him as a joke for the women and period thing. As I explained. You agree its odd but you question me saying it's VERY odd. -shrugs- whatever cupcake. Lemme go back and see why you keep hounding the BG vote in the middle of the JC voting...

pot-meet-kettle.jpg

I also explained, CTM, that I voted for monkey because we are near deadline and those were the two trains.

Verb wasn't a train? I gotta check, but I think he had more votes than me before you voted me... will follow up on this after i look.

I'll tell you why I brought up the BG vote... its very common for scum to split themselves up, some jump on a hot train, while others bury there votes on "jokes" or people not drawing any heat. So your only reason for voting both me and JC is "close to deadline"?

I can buy that reasoning if its 30 minutes to deadline, but it was about 4 hours until deadline when you used that excuse to vote him... same with my train. This "I'm looking at CTM and Hess" feels like fake scum hunting because frankly, you've made it clear you are voting with the crowd to avoid deadline.

Official Vote Count: Day 1

AVM (1) - BG

Verb (3) - SMC, Smash, AVM

JC1 (6) - Slats, Verb, Sharrow, JiF, Vic, Nae

BG (1) - Nae

Ape (4) - JC, Hess, CTM, PAC

It takes 9 to lynch

I' heading out soon, but will check in from phone to avoid random

Definitely nothing woman. How am I supposed to know who's who. It's Day 1. My votes are going where I think they should as I hunt for evil scum. I've declared nothing as definite.

I'm not actually. I'm saying CTM did influence that train. That is it.

I would like to know JC's alignment, but I'm not foolish enough to think we'll have anything other than scenarios and suspicion depending on how JC flips... I think we all know you can't determine one player's alignment by finding out that of another. That is why I thought CTM saying it was pre-defending.

When I say informative, I mean people have actually given reasons for their votes... knowing JC's alignment gives context to breaking down his vote train on D2. That's all... my train isn't informative, its JC, Nae both placing OMGUS votes. CTM and Pac both voting me because they want me to finally get lynched and Hess who it would appear was trying to derail the JC train. Not much to learn there at all.

Official Vote Count: Day 1

AVM (1) - BG

Verb (3) - SMC, Smash, AVM

JC1 (6) - Slats, Verb, Sharrow, JiF, Vic, Nae

BG (1) - Nae

Ape (4) - JC, Hess, CTM, PAC

It takes 9 to lynch

Unvote

Vote Monkey boy

Heh... so to Nae there were 2 trains to pick from to avoid the deadline, me and JC. Verbal wasn't a consideration apparently, even though he had one less vote than me.

1. 5:11 pm Jif votes Jc

2. 5:48 pm Vic votes Jc

3. 5:57 pm Nae votes BG

There were other votes and unvotes around this time..

I started with Jif because you said mine was in the middle

of a few votes for JC...

Started here.

No one else votes for JC for several pages...

and it is Hess at 10:49 today directly after JD said that we

have 5 hours til deadline.

Right here.

I put him at l-1 at 11:05 and at 11:23 the 3some starts

11:23- JC votes Ape

11:23- Hess unvotes

11:24- then votes Ape

11:27 shortly followed by CTM

all in a row and all within 5 minutes.

I don't see how a half hour stretch and then nothing til nearly 24 hours later for JC is the same as 4 post in a row, within 5 minutes, with 3 different votes piling on you. Why are we still having this argument?

I'll bet you $5 JC, CTM and I are not scum. Not even one of us.

Archived