Sacred Thrust Mafia - Official Game Thread

Jack_D

• Replies 2.8k
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Nice vote ape

I just read the past couple pages to get caught up... you are callously bouncing your vote all over the place, yet you take issue with voting JC? And now you are trying to derail his train... I mean its one thing for the guy with 6-7 votes to start a competing train, but you are starting a new train here with under 3 hours until deadline.

I don't think JC was a slip, if he's scum, he's a lawyer and wouldn't be thinking a nurse was scum.. maybe third party but probably a townie who didn't read everything..

I'm not sure what other people are saying, but I never said JC "slipped"

I thought he was trying to influence the collective read on JIF. I've got a pretty townie read on JIF, so when JC made up an example of the type of nurse JIF could be, and then said he felt worse about JIF based on the example role that JC himself made up, it resonated as a scummy comment. He basically tried to sell JIF as a scummy nurse... perhaps it was nothing, perhaps it was JC as scum trying to jump-start a train on JIF.

I'm not sure what other people are saying, but I never said JC "slipped"

I thought he was trying to influence the collective read on JIF. I've got a pretty townie read on JIF, so when JC made up an example of the type of nurse JIF could be, and then said he felt worse about JIF based on the example role that JC himself made up, it resonated as a scummy comment. He basically tried to sell JIF as a scummy nurse... perhaps it was nothing, perhaps it was JC as scum trying to jump-start a train on JIF.

Notice the word choices...yet he accuses me of selling something...your spinning this like you really have a case.

I'm not gonna argue with you. If you're scum, it will become painfully obvious sooner rather than later. Right now I suspect you're just showing off your typically awesome scum hunting skillz.

You're not going to argue because you dont have one but you are arguing. Cute. My scum hunting skills are well documented. The only reason why I'm obvious as scum is because when I'm not popping of scum with quickness, everyone wonders whats up, so therefore I must be scum. Its how you read me so well. If I go 3 days without handing scum to you fools, its painfully obvious, I'm scum. Or I'm just way off, but that rarely happens as I dont think I've ever gone past 3 days as town without nailing scum, ever.

I don't think JC was a slip, if he's scum, he's a lawyer and wouldn't be thinking a nurse was scum.. maybe third party but probably a townie who didn't read everything..

Interesting, your slip last game was very similar.

Notice the word choices...yet he accuses me of selling something...your spinning this like you really have a case.

I agree and would be willing to switch my vote to the Ape if needs be, but I'm more about your slip up than anything else right now.

I'm not spinning anything. I stated why I voted you when I voted you, and I just summed it up again. I've not come close to lobbying for people to lynch you though. It's D1 and the likelihood of having a good case on anyone is slim... I like my vote on you at this point, and now that others have piled onto your train and some have tried to derail it, I feel that much better about learning your alignment and looking back at D1 with that context in hand.

Actually was thinking out loud on the possibility that one of them was not who they claimed to be...

I'm not spinning anything. I stated why I voted you when I voted you, and I just summed it up again. I've not come close to lobbying for people to lynch you though. It's D1 and the likelihood of having a good case on anyone is slim... I like my vote on you at this point, and now that others have piled onto your train and some have tried to derail it, I feel that much better about learning your alignment and looking back at D1 with that context in hand.

Que Será Será

Actually was thinking out loud on the possibility that one of them was not who they claimed to be...

Did you give us a character reveal yet?

The primary case on you is the interpretation of JiF's character, be interesting to hear what yours is.

Interesting, your slip last game was very similar.

No, my slip wa not knowing roles/alignment wasn't sent in any townie email..

JC seemed to indicate a nurse could be evil aligned, when I think scum are lawyers.. if he was a lawyer, how is that a slip? he could be trying to create confusion for sure, but a risky play for little benefit I think

When I flip town just promise you'll lynch him next...ok?

IF you flip town, which I'm skeptical of, its far more likely that scum jumped in behind my initial vote on you... likely some of the people calling it a "slip" which wasn't even the actual reason for my vote.

IF you flip town, which I'm skeptical of, its far more likely that scum jumped in behind my initial vote on you... likely some of the people calling it a "slip" which wasn't even the actual reason for my vote.

Fools for Love

So I don't see the case on JC... sounds like semantics case and I'm not sure there was a "slip".

Verb is another one whose case is paper thin.

That said we have to kill someone. As far as I'm concerned it may as well be the Ape.

Unvote

Vote Ape

I'll be able to switch around the deadline if necessary.

Assuming JC's reveal is legit.

UNVOTE JC

Looking at his train... What is not reflected in these votes is the role CTM played in building the train without actually voting.

Nae stands out, because right in the midst of a handful of votes on JC, she voted BG... as though she wanted to bury her vote somewhere nobody would pay attention to. Then she piles on late with the disclaimer that she's only voting JC because of the deadline.

JIF and Vic talking about a slip stands out.

Sharrow's lazy pile-on vote pings a little.

So you gave Chief Nurse Anesthetist as an EXAMPLE... then you say you suspect JIF can put people to sleep, based on YOUR example... and NOT JIF's actual reveal? JIF never said anything about anesthetist... this is a scummy little attempt to cast doubt on JIF's claim, worthy of a vote...

Unvote

Vote Jetscode

And one is a bad nurse? You think a bunch of nurses in a hospital is weird? I agree with the others....we are looking for lawyers and you look to be painting a scummy picture.

You know who doesn't bother to read specifics on who scum is? Scum.

Unvote

Vote: JC1

I agree with the JC stuff. Don't like anything about it.

vote:JC

unvote

Vote: JC

Because I lost. Slats picked me. Pac beat me. I think it would be really gay to go random. I'm a man, he beat me, I can say that. I talked to the mods about if it would piss them off, they said it was my choice and I chose to self vote. In retrospect, since it was end game and if went to random and the only surprise would have been for Slats, I think maybe we should have taken a vote or something because I can see how that would piss people off who put in time an energy being there was still a chance to win. To me, it was the right thing to do but others have invested time so that would have been fair I guess.

Unvote AVM

Vote JC

CTM slipped in a very similar fashion and he really wasnt even forced to defend. Ended up winning the game. Think JC slipped and this is the best case going.

So I've read and caught up and I have a minute here while I'm waiting for a report to finish running.

The Verbal/JiF/JC triangle is the center of attention so I'll give my thoughts on that. Obviously it seems that Verbal and JiF are claming similar roles. What I don't like out of all of this is how JC is presenting a case with what seems to be outside knowledge. I agree with JiF that it feels like a slip-up. I'm not going to get into the whole PM thing but it seems that JC attacked the case with a more thorough understanding than most of us have on the matter.

Unvote

Vote: JC

Fine...

UNVOTE VOTE JC

Three hours to go so I'm putting my vote on JC to avoid a random lynch.

Unvote

Vote JC

Explain how it's a slip, if he was a scum lawyer?

My first concern about him was that he couldnt understand how their were multiple nurses in a game based in a Hospital. My guess, is we are all either nurses, doctors and lawyers. Dont get why thats confusing and why you'd attack a nurse when we are looking for lawyers.

You let him off the hook by asking him a yes or no question. Which he casually agreed with by saying something like "we are" when you asked, "i thought we were hunting lawyers".

Why even start questioning a nurse, when you know we are hunting lawyers. Should a lawyer realize that, yes, but so should town so I dont see how it clears him either way and I'm more inclined to think he made a mistake. I saw it as a lawyer losing site to jump on a claim he thought he could get lynched.

My first concern about him was that he couldnt understand how their were multiple nurses in a game based in a Hospital. My guess, is we are all either nurses, doctors and lawyers. Dont get why thats confusing and why you'd attack a nurse when we are looking for lawyers.

You let him off the hook by asking him a yes or no question. Which he casually agreed with by saying something like "we are" when you asked, "i thought we were hunting lawyers".

Why even start questioning a nurse, when you know we are hunting lawyers. Should a lawyer realize that, yes, but so should town so I dont see how it clears him either way and I'm more inclined to think he made a mistake. I saw it as a lawyer losing site to jump on a claim he thought he could get lynched.

Probably because I'm neither a doctor, nurse, or lawyer.

The monkey train is concerning because I know there are people aching to lynch him just 'cause. CTM said as much last game, and he's got a vote there now. I know Pac is getting a kick out of it, too. Problem is, that really doesn't speak to alignment - the ape, or his voters.

Well, you and verb did claim similiar sounding jobs

The monkey train is concerning because I know there are people aching to lynch him just 'cause. CTM said as much last game, and he's got a vote there now. I know Pac is getting a kick out of it, too. Problem is, that really doesn't speak to alignment - the ape, or his voters.

I've noticed soething that I would've preferred to let it bake for a day or 2 but couldn't resist ..

Probably because I'm neither a doctor, nurse, or lawyer.

Sure, but that doesnt explain why'd you expect there to be evil nurses when we know we are looking for lawyers. And, I think CTM is helping you get out this too, btw. He's basically spelled out a cover for you on 2 occasions, which it looks like you are taking and running with.

Agree with this, and while day one is never overly revealing, last thing we need is a day one as useless as you guys had last game with WWWWWWWWWombat. While I agree with CTM's breakdown of the JC situation in that I don't see how he would come to that conclusion as scum unless he forgot his own alignment or somehow thought it was worth the risk to throw that out there on the assumption that we were all too stupid to realize. The flip side is his train may give us the most info. Verb, I didn't get pinged as scummy early with his reveal despite his exception to my point that I find it more likely that his reveal could be that of scum than JiF's. But I didn't love his over-defensiveness and the old "people who question me must be scum!" with some really weak reasoning about why he couldn't possibly be scum. The Ape, outside of being a bit quieter than usual I'm not seeing anything overly scummy there and not much of a case being made by those who jumped onto him. As you said, I don't know how much we'll get out of his lynch.

In the interest of having my vote count for something with an upcoming deadline, I'll at least go with the one who has had moments of play I've found the most issue with.

Unvote

Vote: Verb

Well, you and verb did claim similiar sounding jobs

And you continue to give him outs.

He didnt say anything about that...he said, he couldnt understand why there were multiple nurses, not, I dont understand why there are similar nurses. If that was the language, it would be different. Still, none of it makes any sense to help explain why he'd case a nurse when we are looking for lawyers.

Archived