Sacred Thrust Mafia - Official Game Thread

Jack_D

So I've read and caught up and I have a minute here while I'm waiting for a report to finish running.

The Verbal/JiF/JC triangle is the center of attention so I'll give my thoughts on that. Obviously it seems that Verbal and JiF are claming similar roles. What I don't like out of all of this is how JC is presenting a case with what seems to be outside knowledge. I agree with JiF that it feels like a slip-up. I'm not going to get into the whole PM thing but it seems that JC attacked the case with a more thorough understanding than most of us have on the matter.

Unvote

Vote: JC

• Replies 2.8k
  • Created
  • Last Reply

I also wanted to say- please don't let the whole kid being born thing stop you from voting me if you think I'm scummy. By all means, as long as I'm playing don't make any exceptions OUTSIDE of the day he's born. I'll throw up a quick post that I'm at the hospital. Besides that I'll have WiFi in the hospital and will need to be killing some time here and there. If I can't finish the game I'll asked to be replaced but for now don't give me a pass.

I also wanted to say- please don't let the whole kid being born thing stop you from voting me if you think I'm scummy. By all means, as long as I'm playing don't make any exceptions OUTSIDE of the day he's born. I'll throw up a quick post that I'm at the hospital. Besides that I'll have WiFi in the hospital and will need to be killing some time here and there. If I can't finish the game I'll asked to be replaced but for now don't give me a pass.

When the time comes you will be brought down with a swift justice.

CONGRATS btw!

Hey guys, we better be careful, I think it's that time of the month for Nae.

KIDDING! KIDDING! JUST A JOKE!

I think reading that post made me poo a little though.

Nah there's a pill to prevent that. At any rate..

Unvote

Vote BG

Sweet! Grats man, excited for ya!

Just one thing...don't name him after a combination of current Jets players. Odds are, you're going to REALLY regret that a few years later.

Personal experience?

Oh and Congrats Vic!!

I was planning on letting that bake a bit more by getting an explanation, but a lot of people seem to see what I saw..

JC.. what's this about evil nurses?

If he's scum, though, how could he make that mistake.. reads as third party or townie not paying attention..

I was planning on letting that bake a bit more by getting an explanation, but a lot of people seem to see what I saw..

If he's scum, though, how could he make that mistake.. reads as third party or townie not paying attention..

Maybe JiF is an evil nurse.

Yeah, I was kind of thinking the same thing. The only thing I could imagine about that happening if JC was scum is if he was trying to throw us off and get us suspicious of pretty much every reveal (not that we aren't already). But even still, that only makes sense if he didn't even realize that it already said that scum were lawyers or if he thought nobody would notice, which is an awfully risky proposition. While I certainly understand people not liking the very questionable nature of the play, I don't get how it'd be much of a scum ploy.

As far as the JiF / Verb thing goes, I think under the circumstances we'll probably see a lot of people with similar characters, so I'm not getting too caught up on it. If I had to go in one direction, I'd probably feel more comfortable with JiF simply because he was the first to claim and so he wouldn't have a basis as to what to give for a character reveal, whereas Verb could've potentially just decided to play off of what was already out there if he's scum.

Maybe JiF is an evil nurse.

and the Ape is the proctologist, CTM the candy striper, and I'm the gynecologist.

disclaimer for Jack D. Nimble: I am NOT the gynecologist nor am I implying any knowledge that there is one in the game. I do however believe the Ape could very well be the proctologist if there is one.

Official Vote Count: Day 1

Pac (1) - Vic,

AVM (3) - BG, jc,

Verb (4) - CTM, SMC, Smash, AVM

Ape (1) - Hess

Nolder (1) - PAC

JC1 (6) - Ape, Slats, Verb, Sharrow, JiF, Vic

BG (1) - Nae

Remember. Deadline tomorrow night. It might be around five. I have a lot of work to do tomorrow night.

Just to clear something up a head nurse and a charge nurse are the same thing. Head nurse was a term used years ago, they now use the term Charge nurse. I know this because my mom was a head nurse and she explained this to me about 15 years ago when she noticed them using that term after long since being retired. They may look like different things but they are the same with the possibility of different discriptions in google and wiki because the job discripton has probably changed over the years as well.

Someone refered to JIF as head nurse so I went with that then Verb claimed charge nurse so I thought that was odd and voted for verbal because of it. Im alos looking at JC like some of you guys but i want to hear mre from him before making any changes

Awesome, lol! :D

Care to elaborate?

Well first I voted Lily and then JiF bc I didn't think he was scum and then I voted you bc you're probably scum and then JiF bc I thought he was scum and now the clever monkey bc I think he's scum. I think he's scum bc when I read his posts I said to myself, scum. And then I voted him. I'll bet you $5 Monkey is scum and I'll double or nothing on yourself.

fzzzt......fzzzzzt........Fzzzzt

What some of you may not know about sacred thrust memorial hospital is that it was built on an Indian graveyard. The founders of the hospital thought a lot like a bunch of fifth grade boys with a playboy magazine. So yeah they were Jet nation before Jet nation was around. They were hoping that the Indian's prowess with herbs would help out. Lately the ghosts have been getting restless. They cry out for blood.

That's your fun thrusting fact for the day.

Well first I voted Lily and then JiF bc I didn't think he was scum and then I voted you bc you're probably scum and then JiF bc I thought he was scum and now the clever monkey bc I think he's scum. I think he's scum bc when I read his posts I said to myself, scum. And then I voted him. I'll bet you $5 Monkey is scum and I'll double or nothing on yourself.

Okay, I'm in.

and the Ape is the proctologist, CTM the candy striper, and I'm the gynecologist.

disclaimer for Jack D. Nimble: I am NOT the gynecologist nor am I implying any knowledge that there is one in the game. I do however believe the Ape could very well be the proctologist if there is one.

Have fun being the Gynecologist in a game with only one woman.

Just to clear something up a head nurse and a charge nurse are the same thing. Head nurse was a term used years ago, they now use the term Charge nurse. I know this because my mom was a head nurse and she explained this to me about 15 years ago when she noticed them using that term after long since being retired. They may look like different things but they are the same with the possibility of different discriptions in google and wiki because the job discripton has probably changed over the years as well.

Someone refered to JIF as head nurse so I went with that then Verb claimed charge nurse so I thought that was odd and voted for verbal because of it. Im alos looking at JC like some of you guys but i want to hear mre from him before making any changes

My wife (Registered Nurse) is explaining this to me as I type...take it fwiw...a head nurse is not the same thing...the head nurse is in charge of the department....for example the head nurse of the intensive care unit...the charge nurse is the nurse in charge of the unit for that particular shift...each shift has an "in charge nurse" whether or not the head nurse is on duty or not. The Chief nurse is more murkier but seems to imply a special cert...

As far as the game play...I stated at the time it was conjecture...ie...an opinion or theory so formed or expressed; guess; speculation. this was trying to discuss/get a better understanding of the game set up.

If the spin doctors want to make it out to something more...not much more I can say.

My wife (Registered Nurse) is explaining this to me as I type...take it fwiw...a head nurse is not the same thing...the head nurse is in charge of the department....for example the head nurse of the intensive care unit...the charge nurse is the nurse in charge of the unit for that particular shift...each shift has an "in charge nurse" whether or not the head nurse is on duty or not. The Chief nurse is more murkier but seems to imply a special cert...

As far as the game play...I stated at the time it was conjecture...ie...an opinion or theory so formed or expressed; guess; speculation. this was trying to discuss/get a better understanding of the game set up.

If the spin doctors want to make it out to something more...not much more I can say.

Thats cool maybe its a little different in Certain areas of the country (I live in Dal Tex where everything is a bit retarded). When the conversation took place I was there and the nurse told my mom they no longer refer to them as head nurses anymore and she was the charge nurse. Im not trying to spin just relaying what I heard her say .... I was on heavy morphine at the time so maybe that might have had a little effect LOL

Either way Verbal is probably a blood sucking lawyer !

Thats cool maybe its a little different in Certain areas of the country (I live in Dal Tex where everything is a bit retarded). When the conversation took place I was there and the nurse told my mom they no longer refer to them as head nurses anymore and she was the charge nurse. Im not trying to spin just relaying what I heard her say .... I was on heavy morphine at the time so maybe that might have had a little effect LOL

Ok, if you say so Smash.

UNVOTE VOTE Verb

Weird b/c I was totally thinking Verb was town at first

Yeah, I was kind of thinking the same thing. The only thing I could imagine about that happening if JC was scum is if he was trying to throw us off and get us suspicious of pretty much every reveal (not that we aren't already). But even still, that only makes sense if he didn't even realize that it already said that scum were lawyers or if he thought nobody would notice, which is an awfully risky proposition. While I certainly understand people not liking the very questionable nature of the play, I don't get how it'd be much of a scum ploy.

As far as the JiF / Verb thing goes, I think under the circumstances we'll probably see a lot of people with similar characters, so I'm not getting too caught up on it. If I had to go in one direction, I'd probably feel more comfortable with JiF simply because he was the first to claim and so he wouldn't have a basis as to what to give for a character reveal, whereas Verb could've potentially just decided to play off of what was already out there if he's scum.

Or maybe it was because I was run up after JiF? I like the way you try to make that sound suspicious, though. Nice.

Funny it was Verbal who refered to JIF as the Head Nurse when JIF actully claimed Chief Nurse.

Actually, that first post is true - I said head nurse and not chief nurse. The post slats had made right after saying he'd believe it more if it had been head nurse stuck with me and I put that into my post. Whatever. Point is that I guess I could see either a head/chief/whatever nurse, but that isn't my character.

Speaking of which, you ****ers are leaving out a word in my character reveal: I'm an in-charge nurse. I don't know if that is different than simply a "charge" nurse, but it's part of my character description.

Also, don't you think I'd simply claim "nurse" if I was scum? Why bother trying to make something sound like JiF? If I'm truly playing off his reveal, it would be logical to just claim nurse. Not sure how people seem to be missing that point. Definitely more than 1 scum on my train -- waaayyyy too opportunistic based on the logic that I just laid out.

Also, don't you think I'd simply claim "nurse" if I was scum? Why bother trying to make something sound like JiF? If I'm truly playing off his reveal, it would be logical to just claim nurse. Not sure how people seem to be missing that point. Definitely more than 1 scum on my train -- waaayyyy too opportunistic based on the logic that I just laid out.

I agree, let's kill the Monkey!!!!!!

UNVOTE VOTE PRIMATE SCUM

Or maybe it was because I was run up after JiF? I like the way you try to make that sound suspicious, though. Nice.

Is this serious? No sh*t he was run up first, that is exactly what the entire point of my post was. I think I made it pretty clear I wasn't too worried about two nurse reveals in this game, but given the discussion of it I wanted to comment on it, and everything I said in that post was 100% accurate, so get over it. You've been hanging around here too long man, you're getting a little hyper-sensitive.

Archived