Movies We've Seen Thread

Just finished my every 10 year viewing of Lawrence of Arabia in 4k .. goddam Hollywood blows ass by comparison now.

Has one of my favorite title sequences too.

9a6b8f8ff0fc5e5885cb2cc4b400223a.jpg

1bdfc858ca7b8922cb2e35e6defca378.jpg

• Upvote 1
  • Post of the Week 1

17 hours ago, Jet_Engine1 said:

They fired all of the people with ideas and a love of Science Fiction/Fantasy and in their place "Cast" people who know nothing more than DEI and 4th Wave Feminism as writers. The woman who was the showrunner for "Witcher" actively disliked the books and game it was supposedly based on, dismissed all backstory, and then asked for Cavill to be removed. Apparently its "Problematic" to inform these people that what they are making is garbage. And Rings of Power?? over 1 BILLION DOLLARS to make... that?? LOL 

It's obvious from the Fallout series that at least Amazon may have learned a lesson there. 

I just started watching fallout.  Too early to know where everything is going.  The ghouls back story needs to be told.  He took too many shots in the filly fight scene to be real. I think it’s kind of obvious that Lucy and Maximus become a team.

• Upvote 1

19 hours ago, Jet_Engine1 said:

Ugh, so Happy Belated May the 4th on Cinco de Mayo... and.... I have been roped into taking the boys to see The Phantom Menace in the theatre today. They asked, and they're good kids that don't really ask for much and Mrs. Engine says... that's ALL YOURS. LOL

So.. I shall be forced to endure Jar-Jar Binks and 10-year-Old Jake Lloyd-Vader today. Yay.

Hey at least they got to see the Darth Maul fight on the big screen. 

• Upvote 1

The movie Unthinkable has popped up in Netflix recently.  It stars Samuel Jackson, Carrie Ann Moss and a few other peoples of note.

I thought it might have been a victim of COVID when I looked into it.  It came out in 2010.  The trailer looked good and reviews were good (7 out of 10 on IMDB).

Monday Morning Movie Reviewing, I can see why it was only recently, my guess, resurrected.  It was 97 minutes long and it probably could have used another 20-30 minutes to flush things out such as the background of Samuel Jackson's character.  Or the protagonist. 

The former they give some lip service halfway through the movie.  The latter I do not think they really do.  For the protagonist it might have helped as he goes from US Army Delta Force soldier, to converting to Islam and ultimately becoming a terrorist.  Plus, if you have a mental picture of a Delta Force soldier, Michael Sheen is not it.  

Anyways, it was an okay movie until the end IMHO.  The final act left me with a "wait what" feeling.  

• Upvote 1

2 hours ago, RutgersJetFan said:

Hey at least they got to see the Darth Maul fight on the big screen. 

The last 20 minutes with the duel is the only thing worth watching from the entire thing worth watching in that movie... 

1 hour ago, PFSIKH said:

The movie Unthinkable has popped up in Netflix recently.  It stars Samuel Jackson, Carrie Ann Moss and a few other peoples of note.

I thought it might have been a victim of COVID when I looked into it.  It came out in 2010.  The trailer looked good and reviews were good (7 out of 10 on IMDB).

Monday Morning Movie Reviewing, I can see why it was only recently, my guess, resurrected.  It was 97 minutes long and it probably could have used another 20-30 minutes to flush things out such as the background of Samuel Jackson's character.  Or the protagonist. 

The former they give some lip service halfway through the movie.  The latter I do not think they really do.  For the protagonist it might have helped as he goes from US Army Delta Force soldier, to converting to Islam and ultimately becoming a terrorist.  Plus, if you have a mental picture of a Delta Force soldier, Michael Sheen is not it.  

Anyways, it was an okay movie until the end IMHO.  The final act left me with a "wait what" feeling.  

1st SFOD-D guys are so thoroughly backgrounded and go through so many Psych Evals its nuts. Not even plausible, tbh. Ever watch Shawn Ryans channel? He actually interviews a LOT of former guys from the Unit, and shooting, running, weights, strength, etc is not a huge deal for them (Thats Seals or Rangers). They want highly intelligent, VERY stable guys in the Unit able to make good decisions and can be relied upon. Sounds silly. And.... Michael Sheen?? LOL. No.

• Upvote 1

1 hour ago, Jet_Engine1 said:

1st SFOD-D guys are so thoroughly backgrounded and go through so many Psych Evals its nuts. Not even plausible, tbh. Ever watch Shawn Ryans channel? He actually interviews a LOT of former guys from the Unit, and shooting, running, weights, strength, etc is not a huge deal for them (Thats Seals or Rangers). They want highly intelligent, VERY stable guys in the Unit able to make good decisions and can be relied upon. Sounds silly. And.... Michael Sheen?? LOL. No.

Yeah, that was one of the plot holes in it.

I am all for some creative liberties when making a movie.  I think the premise had possibilities, but the execution was horrible.    It gets worse every minute I think about it.

Just saw a movie called Bottoms on Prime. I'm only posting this because Marshawn Lynch had a pretty serious co-star role as a teacher and he was one of the best characters in the movie. Dude can act. 

Oh, movie was about a fight club 2 lesbians start so they can date the cheerleaders at the school. It was actually a decent  movie. Good time killer.