Movies We've Seen Thread

With any luck, these horrible previews for The Watch will effectively end the careers of Ben Stiller, Vince Vaughn and the skinny Jonah Hill all at the same time.

It's sad with Vaughn. The guy's responsible for 3 of the best comedic roles ever, but they're all pretty much the same guy. Even that cameo in Into The Wild, he was still Double Down Trent. That said, at least Couples Retreat gave us the scene with the yoga guy. Encouragement. Boom.

It's sad with Vaughn. The guy's responsible for 3 of the best comedic roles ever, but they're all pretty much the same guy. Even that cameo in Into The Wild, he was still Double Down Trent. That said, at least Couples Retreat gave us the scene with the yoga guy. Encouragement. Boom.

Agreed. Of the three, he would be the one you'd think would be versatile enough to break out. He's executive producing shows on TBS that look beyond awful, too. He either needs a new agent or an intervention.

Anyone ever realized how much of a modern classic The Faculty is?

Here's some of the cast:

Elijah Wood

Famke Jannsen

Jon Stewart

Josh Harnett

Jordana Brewster

Danny Masterson

Clea Duvall

Piper Laurie

T-1000

Christopher McDonald

Usher

Shawn Hatosy

Bebe Neuwirth

AND it's directed by Robert Rodriguez.

***SPOILERS***

Things that bothered me about TDKR:

1. The stock market gets overrun in an armed invasion, with casualties, during which Bruce Wayne coincidentally blew his entire fortune on a futures buy, and it'll take "months" for Wayne to prove fraud?

2. The Pit is described as a dark Hell on earth, but when Wayne gets there, it looks like a Pakistani day spa populated by kindly old men who wax philosophically about life, Bane, and history, and are also brilliant chiropractors.

3. The safety rope that Wayne is tied to on his attempts to climb out of the pit is fastened to a pulley hung roughly ten feet from the top of the well. Why doesn't he just climb the stupid rope? He's f'ing Batman.

4. Batman is the world's greatest detective, but can't deduce for himself that mayyyyyybe busting up Bane's mask is the way to go during their initial confrontation?

5. The Bat-belt has smoke bombs and explosives in it, but when he's getting his ass kicked by Bane, he pulls out bang snaps?

6. During the opening sequence when Bane is staging the plane crash, the wings break off about, oh, twenty miles from where they'll find the fuselage. Given that a nuclear physicist and a CIA agent were supposed to have died in the crash and were burned beyond recognition, does nobody question how a plane travelled twenty miles without its wings?

7. 3,000 cops get trapped in a city-wide sewer system for weeks and can't find a single manhole to escape through?

8. Bruce Wayne is one of the world's most recognizable celebrities, but is sitting unnoticed in a French cafe after he supposedly dies?

• Upvote 1

***SPOILERS***

1. The stock market gets overrun in an armed invasion, with casualties, during which Bruce Wayne coincidentally blew his entire fortune on a futures buy, and it'll take "months" for Wayne to prove fraud?

2. The Pit is described as a dark Hell on earth, but when Wayne gets there, it looks like a Pakistani day spa populated by kindly old men who wax philosophically about life, Bane, and history, and are also brilliant chiropractors.

3. The safety rope that Wayne is tied to on his attempts to climb out of the pit is fastened to a pulley hung roughly ten feet from the top of the well. Why doesn't he just climb the stupid rope? He's f'ing Batman.

4. Batman is the world's greatest detective, but can't deduce for himself that mayyyyyybe busting up Bane's mask is the way to go during their initial confrontation?

5. The Bat-belt has smoke bombs and explosives in it, but when he's getting his ass kicked by Bane, he pulls out bang snaps?

6. During the opening sequence when Bane is staging the plane crash, the wings break off about, oh, twenty miles from where they'll find the fuselage. Given that a nuclear physicist and a CIA agent were supposed to have died in the crash and were burned beyond recognition, does nobody question how a plane travelled twenty miles without its wings?

7. 3,000 cops get trapped in a city-wide sewer system for weeks and can't find a single manhole to escape through?

8. Bruce Wayne is one of the world's most recognizable celebrities, but is sitting unnoticed in a French cafe after he supposedly dies?

With any luck, these horrible previews for The Watch will effectively end the careers of Ben Stiller, Vince Vaughn and the skinny Jonah Hill all at the same time.

Well, it looks like the Daily News is trying to even things out from the multitude of four and five star reviews. I think today there were three zero stars and a one star.

Well, it looks like the Daily News is trying to even things out from the multitude of four and five star reviews. I think today there were three zero stars and a one star.

The only reviewer I have any faith in is Kyle Smith of the Post. I can't tell you how many well-reviewed movies I've seen this year alone that absolutely sucked.

I'm hoping it'll be enough of a bomb to convince him he has to get Zoolander 2 in full swing. I'd give anything to see Ferrell revive Mugatu.

***SPOILERS***

Only one thing bothered me (until now; thanks a lot, a$$hole) and it's not a logic/continuity problem, it's just a personal opinion. Without getting into spoilers, I didn't like what happened to Bane at the end. Felt sudden and perfunctory and lame. He deserved better.

Only one thing bothered me (until now; thanks a lot, a$$hole) and it's not a logic/continuity problem, it's just a personal opinion. Without getting into spoilers, I didn't like what happened to Bane at the end. Felt sudden and perfunctory and lame. He deserved better.

That was definitely a little hollow for me, too. The last half hour felt like a really choppy edit job or something. I'd imagine that a Director's Cut will include a sizable expansion on the whole breakout-riot finale.

The part/s that bugged me outside of the logic nitpicks were 1. Alfred's non-stop whiny "gotcha" speechifying and 2. the weird, underdeveloped have v have-not theme that Bane and Kyle chirped about, but never really went anywhere.

Caught a showing of Chinese Connection at a local theater last night with a buddy, nothing like seeing Bruce Lee on the big screen. Worth it for the dojo scene alone, which given the fact that it's a completely unedited take, might make it the best fight scene ever. Scenes like the classics from Old Boy, Ip Man, even Kill Bill or every Jackie Chan/Jet Li movie ever made...all direct descendants of this flick.

Edited by RutgersJetFan

No bs and this might sound crazy...you will laugh at the new Three Stooges movie. It's not As humiliating as the trailer made it seem.

i agree. i bought it for my grandfather, since he loves the physical comedy, and i enjoyed watching it with him.