Movies We've Seen Thread

Finally caught Tupac: Resurrection. Interesting method of telling someone's life story, but I suppose if they did it in the traditional style it would have come off as an extended version of Behind the Music. Never realized there was that much interview footage of him. The parts where they filmed him in prison were pretty gripping; definitely does a great job of capturing a guy in the midst of getting a serious wakeup call. It's not often that 2-hour documentaries fly by that fast.

Dredd was absolutely awesome.

The only slightly miniscule complaint as a 2000AD fan is that the Big Meg seemed a little too close to the present day, rather than the totally ****ed up 22nd century nightmare that is Dredd's world.

Hopefully it'll do well enough that there can be some sequels (Dark Judges, Apocalypse War, etc). And Stallone's attempt can now be erased from all historical records.

Dredd was absolutely awesome.

The only slightly miniscule complaint as a 2000AD fan is that the Big Meg seemed a little too close to the present day, rather than the totally ****ed up 22nd century nightmare that is Dredd's world.

Hopefully it'll do well enough that there can be some sequels (Dark Judges, Apocalypse War, etc). And Stallone's attempt can now be erased from all historical records.

Garland was on one of the sites a week or so ago saying that it was definitely a trilogy. Kind of crazy that once upon a time he was just the new novelist on the scene who penned The Beach.

• Upvote 1

You guys didn't think Schneider was good in Stallone's Dredd? That guy always has me slapping my knee.

Nope. This was who they based his character on:

fergee1.jpg

A big hulking brute, who basically spent his time beating the crap out of everything with a bat while shouting "Easy the Ferg"" over and over.

If anyone should have played the character in that film, it was Stallone, except he would have been about 2 foot too short...

Oh Prometheus is so ****in good on the rewatch. The sequel could/should be absolutely loaded with movie philosophy on evolution, possibly genocide, probably gender sh*t...It'll be annoying to see the Internet get ahold of it, but annoying in a fun way.

Also, trying to watch the Wire has made me an Elba fan.

Oh Prometheus is so ****in good on the rewatch. The sequel could/should be absolutely loaded with movie philosophy on evolution, possibly genocide, probably gender sh*t...It'll be annoying to see the Internet get ahold of it, but annoying in a fun way.

Also, trying to watch the Wire has made me an Elba fan.

If you like Elba, you MUST watch Luther.

Just watched The Master. Very heavy fare, but a brilliant film. While it doesn't give you a nice, linear story as in There Will Be Blood, it might actually be a better film due strictly to the acting master class put on by Phoenix and PSH. The underlying theme in this one is the failures inherent in the paternal relationship (flawed men attempting to nurture a child, and failing).

Don't take the ladies. Yes, Amy Adams is great, but this film is a man's movie. Pretty sure PTA despises women.

I love horror and couldn't finish Underworld Awakening.

I can't find a good horror movie to watch anymore. I've watched Cabin in the Woods three times because it's one of the best horror movies that's come out in a while, but that's it.

yeah, the trend for good looking vampires and over the top werewolves is ruining the genre. the CGI addiction means there is no build up, no suspense, no actual thrills.

give me salems lot or the original howling any day of the week

just finished watching the golden voyage of sinbad with my 6 year old. ray harryhausen is the man

yeah, the trend for good looking vampires and over the top werewolves is ruining the genre. the CGI addiction means there is no build up, no suspense, no actual thrills.

give me salems lot or the original howling any day of the week

Let the Right One In is one I can watch multiple times. I'm hoping Byzantium doesn't suck either.

The original Underworld was so kickass...the slaughter on the train...the final fight....should have just stopped there.