Machine of Souls

Verbal

This will be a Bastard Mod game. The difficulty is within the rules of the game, and not the players involved.

I will not lie to you. I will not attempt to misdirect you. I also will not give you the clarification you might expect. If you expect to win, you will have to break the game. If you cannot manage this, you have no chance of victory. None.

Rules:

- no off-thread communication unless I have specifically given you a QT

- no quoting Mod PMs

- please bold votes and unvote before you re-vote

- night actions will occur simultaneously, unless otherwise noted by the Mod

- there will be a hammer/deadline hybrid for Day phases. At the end of the Day phase, the player with the most votes is lynched, unless the hammer is cast before that in which case the phase ends with the hammer vote.

You awake to find yourself in a huge room. There are 8 other people in this room with you. You have no idea how you got here, or what you're supposed to do.

In the middle there is a large machine - you can't seem to figure out what exactly the machine does. It is not running, and you can see 5 distinct gears on the machine that are not moving. Just looking at the thing gives you the shivers. Somehow, you know one simple fact: the gears on that machine MUST NOT TURN!!

Players:

1. Wombat

2. Smash

3. Ape

4. Crusher

5. slats

6. Pac

7. Jack

8. JiF

9. JF80

I have no clue about bastard mod games, reading about it now... sounds like its going to suck... hahaha... CAN'T WAIT!

Bastard games are notoriously difficult to do well. Most moderators' bastard setups will be imbalanced or not fun for some other reason. This doesn't stop them many moderators from trying to run them, though.

I have no clue about bastard mod games, reading about it now... sounds like its going to suck... hahaha... CAN'T WAIT!

That quote was obviously by somebody who can't Bastard Mod for sh*t. No worries - not only is this balanced.....it'll be fun. For you? Heh, that's up for debate....

I'm trying to remember your other bastard mod game on Myndjack.... got that was years ago. Can I be your assistant? :P

I had a few of them, actually. But 1 large one - might bring that here eventually as well. Maybe next season.

And no. You can play, though. Up for it?

In if there's room.

If Nae didn't intend on signing up with her post, then you're in.

This game will start tomorrow (technically today) morning. Rest whatever you have for brains - you'll need it.

Archived