Plaxico Burress will sign with the N.Y. Jets

F.Chowds

• Replies 241
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Why do you think people are avoiding him like the plague? Do you think it's money or possible suspension or what?

I'm thinking that it's a combination of everything he has been into that is doing this to him. Dude does have a lot of red flags and when you ad that on top of what he might be asking for then it could be to much risk.

If bringing BE back for whatever reason wasn't possible, I prefer this to move to giving long money to James Jones.

Why? Jones is good young wr who has upside. Plax is old and has not played football in 2 years. we can only hope he is 75% as good as he was with the giants.

One year to prove his worth. I like it.

This a high risk, low reward move for the JETS.

Its difficult to come back to football after such a long layoff. The probability of success is low. And for a "privilege" to come back to football the JETS are offering him a 3 million guaranteed reward.

But if he does prove successful then the JETS get nothing back in discounts next year. They will be in line like everybody else who is interested in his services for top dollar!

So we signed a 34 year old rather than a 27 year old ? lets hope it works . he is the tall guy we needed question is can he still be the player he once was

For 1 year. Yes. Perfect move by the Jets, Plaxico will be playing this year for his last contract, given his age. If he's in shape, and done being a dumbass, he could give us his best season as a pro. I'll take that over 102 targets and 53 catches from Braylon.

I will say, there's got to be something going on with Braylon beyond just cost. We may never know, but if what Edwards gave us last year was his version of going 100%... then Plaxico at 80% should do better than 50 catches, 900 yards and 7 TDs.

I honestly think this is the type of move the Jets were hoping to pull off in order to put their attention on extending Harris, and addressing other needs on the team. At least that is what I hope for. I wonder what WR's are free agents next year too... they might have been looking for a stopgap so they can go all in after a stud next year.

This is a good deal. Plax will be motivated for 2 reasons: A) Start rehabbing his image B ) To get PAID with a longer contract. This also gives the Jets a year band aid to until they can figure out a better strategy. They obviously didn't trust long-term dollars to Braylon and Mike T has proven to have good judgment in the past. They told Braylon to stay out of trouble and he didn't listen so now he gets the cold shoulder.

Why? Jones is good young wr who has upside. Plax is old and has not played football in 2 years. we can only hope he is 75% as good as he was with the giants.

With a QB who can be woefully inaccurate, I'll take the 6'5" guy who has proven to be a great player over the 6'1" guy whose upside we're still talking about at 27 years old.

$3 million bucks this year - and one less salary to deal with finagling under the cap next year.

This is a "we need a guy right now, but don't want to deal with his bloated salary for the next 5 years" move. My hope is that we see even more of this teams core get locked up, now that we aren't paying 2 free agent WR contracts the next 5 years. I like it. Its a cap-conscious move.

This is a good deal. Plax will be motivated for 2 reasons: A) Start rehabbing his image B ) To get PAID with a longer contract. This also gives the Jets a year band aid to until they can figure out a better strategy. They obviously didn't trust long-term dollars to Braylon and Mike T has proven to have good judgment in the past. They told Braylon to stay out of trouble and he didn't listen so now he gets the cold shoulder.

Plus, he really, really hates the f*cking Giants.

This a high risk, low reward move for the JETS.

Its difficult to come back to football after such a long layoff. The probability of success is low. And for a "privilege" to come back to football the JETS are offering him a 3 million guaranteed reward.

But if he does prove successful then the JETS get nothing back in discounts next year. They will be in line like everybody else who is interested in his services for top dollar!

One year rental. We are looking to win now.

Took Vick until his 2nd year to get his explosion back might be the same here.

But I do like this he will not be asked to play every down, the base O will not include him most of the time, he will get more Reps as the year progresses and hopefully be up to full speed come December I truly believe that's the best case senario.

For the record, Albert Haynesworth didn't go to prison, but he did miss the entire season last year for being a complete nutjob dooshbag... he also hasn't played football in ~18 months... and the Patriots were lauded for acquiring him out of shape, disgruntled and all...

I see this Plaxico move to be something similar, probably even less risky, AND we gave up NO draft picks for it.

Just because Vick came out of prison and put up MVP type numbers doesnt mean its gonna happen with this guy... Some fcking consolation prize. :rolleyes:

prediction: DLJ will be in love with Plaxico before Thanksgiving gets here-might even own his jersey

The Jets FO must really hate Braylon.

The DWI arrest last year must've really pissed them off. And can'r help but think the thought of another season of one of their top WRS being out 4 games at least led to this signing.

prediction: DLJ will be in love with Plaxico before Thanksgiving gets here-might even own his jersey

No I wont ....he's the epitome of a thug turd. The a$$hole almost shot himself to death.

This is all well and good but who is the #2 receiver. It's neither Burress or Cotchery. Neither one is going to do Holmes any favors. Cotch would be great in the slot.

Also, our defensive secondary is still in shambles. Can we please do something about that?

I think if this happens DLJ had to come through on her deal with us if we re-signed BE

No I wont. there will be no boobs posted on this site...oh yeah fck Plaxico too :)

Hated him as a Giants and now all of a sudden Im forced to cheer for the douche?

Awesome off season.

Im actually really pissed off but its whatever.

For good reason. You have been wanting Bray back all off season. I think this last DWI did him in for any long term cantract. At least with the Jets. Let's see who signs him, for how much and how long? Would have like to kept them receiving core intact but I think Bray screw the pooch on his last digression.

Archived