Posada no longer the everyday DH

Maxman

• 2 weeks later...

That last at bat last night was grounds for his release. Lucky for him it's almost Septmeber anyway, so the one concession the Yanks will give him for his status is being on the active roster through the regular season. We'll see what Montero does once the rosters expand to 40. Very possible Montero will be playing for Posada's spot on the playoff roster.

That last at bat last night was grounds for his release. Lucky for him it's almost Septmeber anyway, so the one concession the Yanks will give him for his status is being on the active roster through the regular season. We'll see what Montero does once the rosters expand to 40. Very possible Montero will be playing for Posada's spot on the playoff roster.

Is his contract up at the end of the year?

Is his contract up at the end of the year?

Yes. After his 6 RBI game Saturday a bunch of stories were in Sunday's papers how he was going to sign to play backup catcher elsewhere. A 40-year old catcher who cannot field his position nor hit and has a huge chip on his shoulder-good luck with that.

Yes. After his 6 RBI game Saturday a bunch of stories were in Sunday's papers how he was going to sign to play backup catcher elsewhere. A 40-year old catcher who cannot field his position nor hit and has a huge chip on his shoulder-good luck with that.

Is the chip on his shoulder really sticky? Something is sticking the bat there. I told my Dad when he got up last night it was a good matchup. The Soria was having control problems and we knew Posada simply wasn't going to swing.

Is the chip on his shoulder really sticky? Something is sticking the bat there. I told my Dad when he got up last night it was a good matchup. The Soria was having control problems and we knew Posada simply wasn't going to swing.

That nonswinging AB was the bizarre ending to a bizarre game, with the non-homer after the replay. I have never seen Mariano Rivera on the cusp of being tossed, nor can I reall him ever getting tossed. While he was having control problems, practically Soria walked Swisher once he got 2-0 to get to Posada.

That nonswinging AB was the bizarre ending to a bizarre game, with the non-homer after the replay. I have never seen Mariano Rivera on the cusp of being tossed, nor can I reall him ever getting tossed. While he was having control problems, practically Soria walked Swisher once he got 2-0 to get to Posada.

Bizarre? Maybe for somebody else. If Posada swung the bat I'd have been shocked. Walk or strike out looking.

Archived