I'm sorry about Ellis.....

Boozer76

I have made it a habit to never buy current player jerseys, simply because it's almost an absolute guarantee that if I do, that player will be traded or cut shortly after. Keyshawn, Coles, Sideline Santana, Aaron Glenn...

So last year I decided that I really wanted an Ellis jersey. He'd been with the Jets for years and was my favorite player on defense. When I got it I immediately joked with my friend, "watch he's gone next season". Now had he signed with a team like Tampa Bay or the friggin Panthers I could still feel ok about wearing it this season, but now that he's a Patriot I feel obligated to burn the damn thing. Unless Kenrick decides to be #92..... :D

I have made it a habit to never buy current player jerseys, simply because it's almost an absolute guarantee that if I do, that player will be traded or cut shortly after. Keyshawn, Coles, Sideline Santana, Aaron Glenn...

So last year I decided that I really wanted an Ellis jersey. He'd been with the Jets for years and was my favorite player on defense. When I got it I immediately joked with my friend, "watch he's gone next season". Now had he signed with a team like Tampa Bay or the friggin Panthers I could still feel ok about wearing it this season, but now that he's a Patriot I feel obligated to burn the damn thing. Unless Kenrick decides to be #92..... :D

no prob Mike-all you have to do now is find out what number Kenrick Ellis is wearing and switch a digit or two around and you'll be good to go for at leats another 5 years

Im done buying Jerseys. Mine never last for more than a year. Santana Moss, Favre, Braylon. I only have a worthless Keller and a replica Holmes...blah

You had to know the Farve jersey was not going to have any lasting relevance....

It seems like somehow we can use these powers of yours for good,

though right now there doesn't seem to be anyone on the team that I would say has to go.

Funny you say that, I was very close to buying a Chad Pennington jersey a few years ago for just this reason. Thankfully it didn't have to come to that.

Im done buying Jerseys. Mine never last for more than a year. Santana Moss, Favre, Braylon. I only have a worthless Keller and a replica Holmes...blah

I bought a Revis 2009 year. Seems to be up to par for a few more years :)

jerseys are tricky, I had a pennington, got the kids a vilma and a martin. the pennington got thrown out, the vilma got passed down, the martin is too small now

current players are very risky, and retired guys are boring. mangold might be safe, but don't you dare get one !!!!!! :D

Archived