•  

Welcome to JetNation.com

Sign In  Log in with Facebook Log in with Twitter

Create Account
Welcome to JetNation.com, your home for New York Jets talk. We are an independent site, which means we aren't affiliated with the NY Jets or SNY. The opinions here are never censored. We want you to join in on the conversation, but don't worry this is a simple and FREE process. Be apart of JetNation.com by signing in or creating an account. When you create an account, you can also opt to use your existing Facebook or Twitter login.
  • Start new topics and reply to others
  • Subscribe to topics and forums to get email updates
  • Get your own profile page and make new friends
  • Send personal messages to other members.
Also be sure to check us out on Facebook and Twitter.

Guest Message by DevFuse

Photo
- - - - -

Favorite RB in this year's draft for Jets

• Please log in to reply
60 replies to this topic

#51 SenorGato

SenorGato

Schottenhomer

• Members
  • 20,527 posts

Posted 25 January 2013 - 01:13 PM

Nor do I but he showed enough this season to give him shot. He was pretty beastly in the run game.

In principle I dont like the idea of drafting G's high. So with that, the difference between a 3rd and a 5th is minimal. To keep on the Gators track, you could get a guy like James Wilson in probably the 5th who dominated great DL's like LSU and FSU this season. Big mobile run blocker. There's a couple of guys like that in the draft Uzzi? from GT comes to mind too. A guy who can pull and open big running lanes. And isnt the other Bama G projected in those rounds?

I am with you on Vlad and the drafting of guards in general. Plenty of interesting mid-round guys there. Mark Jackson, a giant from Glenville who transferred from Illinois, is another interesting one. John Sullen (Auburn)....Sam Brenner (Utah)...Alvin Bailey (Ark)....Travis Bond (UNC) amongst many others.

Are you talking about Barrett Jones? Everyone seems to love him and he could be gone by the second.

We sick an' tired of-a your ism-skism game. Dyin' 'n' goin' to heaven in-a Jesus' name, Lord. We know when we understand:

Almighty God is a living man. - Bob Marley "Get up Stand up"

#52 JiF

JiF

Say yer prayers Varmint!

• Members
  • 38,273 posts
  • LocationSomewhere between Heaven and Hell

Posted 25 January 2013 - 01:22 PM

I am with you on Vlad and the drafting of guards in general. Plenty of interesting mid-round guys there. Mark Jackson, a giant from Glenville who transferred from Illinois, is another interesting one. John Sullen (Auburn)....Sam Brenner (Utah)...Alvin Bailey (Ark)....Travis Bond (UNC) amongst many others.

Are you talking about Barrett Jones? Everyone seems to love him and he could be gone by the second.

No, I'm talking about Steen. Everyone calls him the weak link on the line but he could be a steal in the 5th. I really like Uzzi from GT, especially for the offense we'll be running. I like Gabe Jackson out of Miss St. too.
Posted Image

#53 SenorGato

SenorGato

Schottenhomer

• Members
  • 20,527 posts

Posted 25 January 2013 - 01:27 PM

Steen and Jackson went back to school. I like both. I actually thought Jones was the weak link on the Alabama line, but his grit factor and versatility give him some endearing qualities.

Tss...Uzzi huh? What about Tommy Gun or somethin?

We sick an' tired of-a your ism-skism game. Dyin' 'n' goin' to heaven in-a Jesus' name, Lord. We know when we understand:

#54 JiF

JiF

Say yer prayers Varmint!

• Members
  • 38,273 posts
  • LocationSomewhere between Heaven and Hell

Posted 25 January 2013 - 01:29 PM

Steen and Jackson went back to school. I like both. I actually thought Jones was the weak link on the Alabama line, but his grit factor and versatility give him some endearing qualities.

Tss...Uzzi huh? What about Tommy Gun or somethin?

Did Steen and Jackson go back???? Damn. That limits the mid round prospects a bit.
Posted Image

#55 SenorGato

SenorGato

Schottenhomer

• Members
  • 20,527 posts

Posted 25 January 2013 - 01:36 PM

Jackson actually has a shot at being a late first round G, and would be battling Warford for the #3 spot if not in the conversation for the best.

Edited by SenorGato, 25 January 2013 - 01:38 PM.

#56 JollyGreen

JollyGreen

Advanced Member

• Members
  • PipPipPip
  • 41 posts

Posted 25 January 2013 - 03:09 PM

OL is not the problem? The line gave up 47 sacks. There is deff a problem here

#57 CrazyCarl40

CrazyCarl40

3rd Year Veteran

• Members
  • 11,479 posts

Posted 25 January 2013 - 03:20 PM

OL is not the problem? The line gave up 47 sacks. There is deff a problem here

Not THE problem, but A problem, and at the very least a cuase for concern. To be fair, about 25% of those sacks came when GMAC was QBing and held onto the ball long enough to state the Gettysburg address.

#58 SenorGato

SenorGato

Schottenhomer

• Members
  • 20,527 posts

Posted 25 January 2013 - 03:57 PM

Not THE problem, but A problem, and at the very least a cuase for concern. To be fair, about 25% of those sacks came when GMAC was QBing and held onto the ball long enough to state the Gettysburg address.

Sanchez isn't exactly the Sack Avoiding Kiiiiid there either.

#59 bitonti

bitonti

Draft Bathroom Attendant

• Members
  • 15,135 posts

Posted 25 January 2013 - 05:15 PM

He certainly has the physical skills but needs to: (1) learn how to catch the ball; (2) learn to block; and (3) work on holding on to the ball. I'd take a flyer on him in the middle/late rounds -- he should be around since he has a lot of warts in an NFL level assessment.

all year i was underrating this guy but look at his play in big games, he did more in the stanford game than stefan taylor. several have said he's the best RB in mobile, obviously everyone has their preferences but guys like that with his size and 3 down ability aren't easy to find.

Christine Michael Texas A&M probably should have been at the senior bowl. Injuries etc but what a beast this kid is... like Bryce Brown type of story.

My posts have to get worse, so they can get better.

#60 Il Mostro

Il Mostro

Cazzone

• Members
  • 5,145 posts
  • LocationOut West

Posted 25 January 2013 - 05:27 PM

all year i was underrating this guy but look at his play in big games, he did more in the stanford game than stefan taylor. several have said he's the best RB in mobile, obviously everyone has their preferences but guys like that with his size and 3 down ability aren't easy to find.

Christine Michael Texas A&M probably should have been at the senior bowl. Injuries etc but what a beast this kid is... like Bryce Brown type of story.

He's a productive RB and also seems to be a really good kid, too (based on what I read and hear in interviews locally). If they can effectively work on those three shortcomings he would be a real steal. Three-down backs have to be competent at that as well as racking up yardage on the ground.
It's all fun and games until someone loses an eye. Then it's just fun.

#61 SenorGato

SenorGato

Schottenhomer

• Members
  • 20,527 posts

Posted 25 January 2013 - 06:10 PM

I like Franklin as well.

Brett Hundley is a potential future star at QB.

Edited by SenorGato, 25 January 2013 - 06:13 PM.

0 user(s) are reading this topic

0 members, 0 guests, 0 anonymous users