104 replies to this topic

#26 Sperm Edwards

Sperm Edwards

Penis

• Moderators
  • 27,646 posts

Posted 28 April 2013 - 08:56 AM

Pantale projects as a blocking TE.  Here are his workout numbers:

40 yard dash:  4.99 sec. dead last among all 13 TEs who ran at the combine (best time was Furstenburg, 4.62 sec)

Broad jump: 9'2" dead last among all 13 TEs who jumped at the combine (best was Eifert & McDonald, 9'11")

Vertical jump: 33 1/2" tied with 1 other for 5th among 13 TEs who jumped at the combine (best was Eifert & Furstenberg, 35 1/2")

3 Cone Drill: 7.48 sec. dead last among the 10 TEs who participated at the combine (best was Escobar, 7.07 sec.)

Bench Press: 17 reps tied with two others for 8th among the 11 TEs who participated at the combine (best was Eifert, Kasa, & Sims, 22 reps)

Not exactly a workout warrior.  Hey, he was undrafted.

Shanahan is a converted WR, similar to Jeff Cumberland (although Cumberland initially played TE then converted to WR then back to TE.  Also, Cumberland ran a sub-4.5 at his pro day.  Shanahan supposedly plays much faster than his timed speed, but his timed speed at his pro day was 4.81).  Honestly I didn't know Cumberland timed that fast; doesn't look like a speed demon on the field.  Maybe he's put on a lot of weight since then.

Basically to sum up, one guy is a blocking TE and one guy is a receiving TE.

JetNation

2446sd4.jpg

#27 Ryno the Jet

Ryno the Jet

AGS WIN

• Members
  • 4,021 posts

Posted 28 April 2013 - 09:08 AM

Pumped about the Spencer Nealy signing! He is a fun player to watch and he has a great outlook on life. I am really happy for him. He should become our new DeVito. Lunch pail guy that never stops. The motor on this guy is incredible. Really glad he will be able to learn under Dunbar and add some bulk. Obviously cracking the DL rotation on this team will be difficult, but as hard as he works, I could see him making the PS or even the 53.

Here is every snap he was involved in during the Bama game, where made some nice plays against B Jones and Warmack:

http://m.youtube.com...h?v=kSlvQsBgux0

Here are a few more videos that are fun to watch:

http://m.youtube.com...h?v=xilrEhsGx9k

http://m.youtube.com...u&v=3vn1a6cARRk

Great guy, and I would be ecstatic if he makes the team!

Gig'em!

#28 T0mShane

T0mShane

From devil to Bevell, '15

• Members
  • 25,728 posts

Posted 28 April 2013 - 09:39 AM

Suspiciously absent at the skill positions, both here and in the draft. Waiting until they know what offense they're going to run in 2014 on?
Well, that's the internet, man: 9 billion tough guys who secretly want to touch your pee-pee.

#29 dbatesman

dbatesman

FUGGER

• Members
  • 8,170 posts

Posted 28 April 2013 - 09:42 AM

Suspiciously absent at the skill positions, both here and in the draft. Waiting until they know what offense they're going to run in 2014 on?

Maybe, but that means Idzik and the scouts really, really, really like Geno.

This is like having a cat with leukemia.

#30 T0mShane

T0mShane

• Members
  • 25,728 posts

Posted 28 April 2013 - 09:45 AM

Maybe, but that means Idzik and the scouts really, really, really like Geno.

I think if they really(cubed) liked him, they'd have taken him at 13. Could be Geno was easily the next player on Idzik's board. All QB picks are coin flips. Gotta have the coin to flip it?
Well, that's the internet, man: 9 billion tough guys who secretly want to touch your pee-pee.

#31 dbatesman

dbatesman

FUGGER

• Members
  • 8,170 posts

Posted 28 April 2013 - 09:59 AM

I think if they really(cubed) liked him, they'd have taken him at 13. Could be Geno was easily the next player on Idzik's board. All QB picks are coin flips. Gotta have the coin to flip it?

Yeah, I guess that makes more sense. Take a gamble on him this year, and if he doesn't pan out, let Bevell or whoever draft their guy next year.

#32 T0mShane

T0mShane

• Members
  • 25,728 posts

Posted 28 April 2013 - 10:03 AM

Yeah, I guess that makes more sense. Take a gamble on him this year, and if he doesn't pan out, let Bevell or whoever draft their guy next year.

I'm actually frightened about what Rex chooses to do with him. Major conflict of interest there.

#33 dbatesman

dbatesman

FUGGER

• Members
  • 8,170 posts

Posted 28 April 2013 - 10:11 AM

I'm actually frightened about what Rex chooses to do with him. Major conflict of interest there.

Did you see Mornhinweg's presser? Geno's got him harder than a diamond in an ice storm. Put your savings on him starting Week 1.

#34 T0mShane

T0mShane

• Members
  • 25,728 posts

Posted 28 April 2013 - 10:13 AM

Did you see Mornhinweg's presser? Geno's got him harder than a diamond in an ice storm. Put your savings on him starting Week 1.

WWW-DOT-HEAD-IN-HANDS-DOT-GIF

#35 dbatesman

dbatesman

FUGGER

• Members
  • 8,170 posts

Posted 28 April 2013 - 10:16 AM

WWW-DOT-HEAD-IN-HANDS-DOT-GIF

Meh. If we're gonna be bad either way, may as well be bad with someone new under center.

#36 T0mShane

T0mShane

• Members
  • 25,728 posts

Posted 28 April 2013 - 10:19 AM

Meh. If we're gonna be bad either way, may as well be bad with someone new under center.

You can't ask Geno to absorb this beating early on. The offense is going to be catastrophically bad. I...I...I...TEBOW

#37 SenorGato

SenorGato

Schottenhomer

• Members
  • 20,074 posts

Posted 28 April 2013 - 11:05 AM

Rotfl, is there now? 

We sick an' tired of-a your ism-skism game. Dyin' 'n' goin' to heaven in-a Jesus' name, Lord. We know when we understand:

Almighty God is a living man. - Bob Marley "Get up Stand up"

#38 sirlancemehlot

sirlancemehlot

perpetual rookie

• Members
  • 4,209 posts

Posted 28 April 2013 - 11:07 AM

Anyone grab Tyler bray? He'd be a perfect practice squad guy. More qbs the better. Especially big strong armed ones.

#39 gsnts725

gsnts725

2nd Year Veteran

• Members
  • 2,909 posts

Posted 28 April 2013 - 11:10 AM

Anyone grab Tyler bray? He'd be a perfect practice squad guy. More qbs the better. Especially big strong armed ones.

The Chiefs signed him.

#40 T0mShane

T0mShane

• Members
  • 25,728 posts

Posted 28 April 2013 - 11:10 AM

Can't believe he wasn't drafted. Gato loved that guy.

#41 T0mShane

T0mShane

• Members
  • 25,728 posts

Posted 28 April 2013 - 11:11 AM

So, Mayock loves Zach Rodgers, who just signed here. White dude, 6' tall WR who ran a 4.49 at his pro day. Good patterns, good hands, yadda. So, there's that.

#42 gsnts725

gsnts725

2nd Year Veteran

• Members
  • 2,909 posts

Posted 28 April 2013 - 11:15 AM

So, Mayock loves Zach Rodgers, who just signed here. White dude, 6' tall WR who ran a 4.49 at his pro day. Good patterns, good hands, yadda. So, there's that.

yep i hear people say sometimes he looked better than Justin Hunter who was a 2nd round pick.

#43 jorge o8

jorge o8

draft nerd

• Members
  • 862 posts
  • Locationrichmond va

Posted 28 April 2013 - 11:23 AM

T Powell olb is he still around? we have not added a guy to rush the QB yet

#44 jorge o8

jorge o8

draft nerd

• Members
  • 862 posts
  • Locationrichmond va

Posted 28 April 2013 - 11:26 AM

I am telling you guys, Joseph Fauria at TE.  6'7", 259lbs, athletic as hell, good hands and has crazy leaping ability on the field.  The guy can play and will be an absolute steal as an UDFA.  

What happened with that Ivy League kid from who was being talked up as a pass rusher supreme?  Did he get drafted?

I would take Da'Rick based only on his name -- it is d'awesome.

nope we just have done nothing good since Geno and i dont see it getting any better

#45 Jetsfan80

Jetsfan80

Hall Of Famer

• Members
  • 45,650 posts

Posted 28 April 2013 - 11:28 AM

Rotfl, is there now? 

LOL really.  Sanchez cost Rex's boss his job, and almost cost Rex his, and Rex is gonna do anything but support the new QB's Idzik just brought in?  In Geno, Idzik just handed Rex his lifeline, the reason Rex WILL be here for at least a couple more years.  No conlfict of interest there.  

I imagine as we speak Rex is heading wherever people to go to get that # 6 tattoo laser removed.  Or maybe pushing for Geno to wear # 6 after Sanchez gets cut.

GFY Tom.

Edited by Jetsfan80, 28 April 2013 - 11:31 AM.

sheesh, I'm a doosh.

#46 T0mShane

T0mShane

• Members
  • 25,728 posts

Posted 28 April 2013 - 11:32 AM

LOL really. Sanchez cost Rex's boss his job, and almost cost Rex his, and Rex is gonna do anything but support the new QB's Idzik just brought in? In Geno, Idzik just handed Rex his lifeline, the reason Rex WILL be here for at least a couple more years. No conlfict of interest there.

GFY Tom.

Morons. If Rex wants to save his job, he can

A. Start Garrard and hope he doesn't turn the ball over while the defense wins him 8 games.

-or-

B. Start Geno and hope Woody thinks the inevitable 3-13 record is the fault of the rookie QB.

Rex doesn't have the time or incentive to develop Smith so the next coach can profit.

#47 SenorGato

SenorGato

Schottenhomer

• Members
  • 20,074 posts

Posted 28 April 2013 - 11:32 AM

LOL really.  Sanchez cost Rex's boss his job, and almost cost Rex his, and Rex is supposed to do anything but support the new QB's Idzik just brought in?  GFY Tom.

The other day T0m presented the idea that either starting or sitting Smith will end in disaster for Ryan. The guy is just hilarious...Lucky Ryan is in charge and probably won't fire himself. 

We sick an' tired of-a your ism-skism game. Dyin' 'n' goin' to heaven in-a Jesus' name, Lord. We know when we understand:

Almighty God is a living man. - Bob Marley "Get up Stand up"

#48 Il Mostro

Il Mostro

Cazzone

• Members
  • 4,428 posts
  • LocationOut West

Posted 28 April 2013 - 11:33 AM

nope we just have done nothing good since Geno and i dont see it getting any better

Your dumb ass post doesn't relate to my post or the question I asked in any way.  Do you just post nonsense for the sake of it?   Another yappy dip $hit who is dead from the neck up.

It's all fun and games until someone loses an eye. Then it's just fun.

#49 Jetsfan80

Jetsfan80

Hall Of Famer

• Members
  • 45,650 posts

Posted 28 April 2013 - 11:34 AM

Morons. If Rex wants to save his job, he can

A. Start Garrard and hope he doesn't turn the ball over while the defense wins him 8 games.

-or-

B. Start Geno and hope Woody thinks the inevitable 3-13 record is the fault of the rookie QB.

Rex doesn't have the time or incentive to develop Smith so the next coach can profit.

His job is already saved, Tom.  You don't hand your HC a rookie QB then fire him the next season, you just don't.

Especially since, as you recommend, Geno might not start until the 2nd half of the season.

Edited by Jetsfan80, 28 April 2013 - 11:34 AM.

sheesh, I'm a doosh.

#50 Jetsfan80

Jetsfan80

Hall Of Famer

• Members
  • 45,650 posts

Posted 28 April 2013 - 11:35 AM

The other day T0m presented the idea that either starting or sitting Smith will end in disaster for Ryan. The guy is just hilarious...Lucky Ryan is in charge and probably won't fire himself. 

New regimes mean new QB's.  Apparently no one told Idzik you're supposed to fire your head coach BEFORE bringing in your potential franchise guy.

And yeah, lol on the second point.  REX MADE THE GENO PICK, DIDN'T HE????

Edited by Jetsfan80, 28 April 2013 - 11:35 AM.

sheesh, I'm a doosh.

0 user(s) are reading this topic

0 members, 0 guests, 0 anonymous users