138 replies to this topic

#26 jorge o8

jorge o8

draft nerd

• Members
  • 883 posts
  • Locationrichmond va

Posted 19 January 2014 - 05:49 PM

im on board!!! very accurate after the combine he will be a 2nd rnd he sits a year and he will be good we wont get him some other team will jump us for him, but yeah im on board

#27 Larz

Larz

High priest of Syrinx

• Members
  • 17,403 posts

Posted 19 January 2014 - 06:07 PM

too hairy

Like so many Americans, she was trying to construct a life that made sense from things she found in gift shops.

#28 bitonti

bitonti

Draft Bathroom Attendant

• Members
  • 14,750 posts

Posted 19 January 2014 - 06:55 PM

Hardcore fans haven't watched him play. We're his games even televised?

2 games this year i think got on ESPN networks, san diego state and northern Illinois

look the fact taht he's from a small school definitely works against him but the opposite is also true if he was the same player at an SEC school his stock would be huge right now. 

this is the type of guy who goes way higher than the Jets will be interested in... the jets are in the QB market but they aren't gonna take a higher rd pick than Geno was...  if jimmy makes itt to rd 3 the Jets are probably buyers but they aren't gonna reach for him. idzik wants freaks in RD 1. 

Edited by bitonti, 19 January 2014 - 06:56 PM.

My posts have to get worse, so they can get better.

#29 New York Mick

New York Mick

Still Censored

• Members
  • 8,648 posts

Posted 19 January 2014 - 07:24 PM

2 games this year i think got on ESPN networks, san diego state and northern Illinois

look the fact taht he's from a small school definitely works against him but the opposite is also true if he was the same player at an SEC school his stock would be huge right now.

this is the type of guy who goes way higher than the Jets will be interested in... the jets are in the QB market but they aren't gonna take a higher rd pick than Geno was... if jimmy makes itt to rd 3 the Jets are probably buyers but they aren't gonna reach for him. idzik wants freaks in RD 1.

He's from a BS school and hasn't played against real pressure. I just don't see him doing well in the NFL for year until he gets use to the huge step up.

#30 T0mShane

T0mShane

Gluten for punishment

• Members
  • 26,145 posts

Posted 19 January 2014 - 07:32 PM

GIO CARMAZZI
Well, that's the internet, man: 9 billion tough guys who secretly want to touch your pee-pee.

#31 HessStation

HessStation

FightThePower

• Members
  • 23,696 posts

Posted 19 January 2014 - 07:39 PM

GIO CARMAZZI

Yep. It's turrets all right. 

#32 CrazyCarl40

CrazyCarl40

3rd Year Veteran

• Members
  • 11,284 posts

Posted 19 January 2014 - 07:40 PM

He's from a BS school and hasn't played against real pressure. I just don't see him doing well in the NFL for year until he gets use to the huge step up.

Big Ben went to a mid major. Super Bowl.

Joe Flacco went to a school not even in NCAA. Super Bowl.

Colin Kaepernick went to a small school. Super Bowl loser, but still a Super Bowl.

Where a QB goes to college is important. But the number of busts from big schools are just as plentiful or more so than successful small school QBs.

#33 artemusclyde

artemusclyde

2nd Year Veteran

• Members
  • 1,160 posts

Posted 19 January 2014 - 07:50 PM

Hardcore fans haven't watched him play. We're his games even televised?

You can find his sdsu game on youtube, well the first half at least. East west shrine game was where you could watch him and he looks good. Look out for the senior bowl to, cause he's in it.

Here's his sdsu game.

Edited by artemusclyde, 19 January 2014 - 07:52 PM.

Tom Brady can't pull tens like you do all day long.

#34 Il Mostro

Il Mostro

Cazzone

• Members
  • 4,533 posts
  • LocationOut West

Posted 19 January 2014 - 07:52 PM

Are you talking about this?

Or, maybe this?

Or, possibly, are you pulling a Costanza and pretending to be an architect?

It's all fun and games until someone loses an eye. Then it's just fun.

#35 T0mShane

T0mShane

Gluten for punishment

• Members
  • 26,145 posts

Posted 19 January 2014 - 07:59 PM

Are you saying Tourette's?
Well, that's the internet, man: 9 billion tough guys who secretly want to touch your pee-pee.

#36 HessStation

HessStation

FightThePower

• Members
  • 23,696 posts

Posted 19 January 2014 - 09:29 PM

Are you saying Tourette's?

Whatever it is you're yelling about, yes, that's it.

#37 Integrity28

Integrity28

I love it when Idzik's plan comes together.

• Members
  • 32,807 posts
  • Locationwrong guy in the wrong place at the wrong time

Posted 19 January 2014 - 09:35 PM

Rooting for a new rookie savior each season, is like rooting for always being in year 1 of the 3 year rebuild.

"Idz a process."

Posted Image

#38 New York Mick

New York Mick

Still Censored

• Members
  • 8,648 posts

Posted 19 January 2014 - 11:19 PM

Big Ben went to a mid major. Super Bowl.
Joe Flacco went to a school not even in NCAA. Super Bowl.
Colin Kaepernick went to a small school. Super Bowl loser, but still a Super Bowl.
Where a QB goes to college is important. But the number of busts from big schools are just as plentiful or more so than successful small school QBs.

I don't think he's worth a early pick. But then again I'm not a scout or nfl gm.

#39 Stonehands

Stonehands

Jet Fan

• Members
  • 2,950 posts

Posted 20 January 2014 - 08:18 AM

The best thing about getting him would be when he sucks we can call him "Crappolo".

#40 Larz

Larz

High priest of Syrinx

• Members
  • 17,403 posts

Posted 20 January 2014 - 12:03 PM

The best thing about getting him would be when he sucks we can call him "Crappolo".

well that escalated quickly

Like so many Americans, she was trying to construct a life that made sense from things she found in gift shops.

#41 The Crusher

The Crusher

Comeback Player of the year 2016

• Moderators
  • 29,132 posts

Posted 20 January 2014 - 12:42 PM

NO GINZOS

Probably not a bad idea.  My Dad still calls me and tells me we need "Vinny T"back.  LOL

#42 ozzieny

ozzieny

ewe gene

• Members
  • 659 posts

Posted 20 January 2014 - 12:53 PM

These are exactly the type of guys you draft every year, to see what pans out.  But, you do it in later rounds. 

Yea we need to draft a guy like Vernon Gholston with our first pick. Those guys are guarantees.  Why fulfill a desperate need with a first or second round pick for a QB Like Garoppolo

who has great upside and can be our leader for  the next 10-15 years. That would be just plain dumb and un-Jet -like.   

#43 ozzieny

ozzieny

ewe gene

• Members
  • 659 posts

Posted 20 January 2014 - 12:56 PM

This message board, is like rehab. 

Rehab is like Jet management - neither have a clue as at what they're doing.

#44 ozzieny

ozzieny

ewe gene

• Members
  • 659 posts

Posted 20 January 2014 - 12:59 PM

Anyone but GENO, Hell yeah, I'm on board. 

Personally, I would call Tebow and bring him back rather than hand the job back to Eugene. 

#45 ozzieny

ozzieny

ewe gene

• Members
  • 659 posts

Posted 20 January 2014 - 01:02 PM

casual fans bash this guy for being unknown

just wait until after Senior Bowl week. 

he has a Marino-like release. Super friggin fast. 

used to think he'd be a nice value play in rd 3

the way things are going... he's got a real shot to be the 4th QB after Johnny/Teddy/Bortles i.e. late first round pick. 

Exactly which is why he will not be there in Round 2 by the time we pick.  If you want him you will have select him at 18 or trade back in first round or trade up in 2nd round.   Regardless, I hope Idzik finds a way to draft this kid but he will have to pull the trigger sooner rather than later. 

#46 HessStation

HessStation

FightThePower

• Members
  • 23,696 posts

Posted 20 January 2014 - 01:13 PM

Probably not a bad idea. My Dad still calls me and tells me we need "Vinny T"back. LOL

Grandpa Crusher....is on the train!!!!

#47 Greenseed4

Greenseed4

Eskimo Brother

• Members
  • 3,922 posts

Posted 20 January 2014 - 02:01 PM

Yea we need to draft a guy like Vernon Gholston with our first pick. Those guys are guarantees.  Why fulfill a desperate need with a first or second round pick for a QB Like Garoppolo

who has great upside and can be our leader for  the next 10-15 years. That would be just plain dumb and un-Jet -like.   

A bust is a bust, they come in every variety and play every position.

But, I'd say the chances of a small school prospect coming in and lighting the league on fire in his first year, are smaller than a big school stud doing the same.  Especially when we're talking about a QBs transition into the NFL vs other positions with fewer nuances. 

#48 Greenseed4

Greenseed4

Eskimo Brother

• Members
  • 3,922 posts

Posted 20 January 2014 - 02:06 PM

Exactly which is why he will not be there in Round 2 by the time we pick.  If you want him you will have select him at 18 or trade back in first round or trade up in 2nd round.   Regardless, I hope Idzik finds a way to draft this kid but he will have to pull the trigger sooner rather than later. 

I disagree.  Sure some team might take a chance on him early, but IMO he's the type of talent you wait for.  

#49 joewillie78

joewillie78

lowest poster rating in the league

• Banned
  • 3,500 posts

Posted 20 January 2014 - 02:18 PM

Personally, I would call Tebow and bring him back rather than hand the job back to Eugene. 

I know this is basically hyperbole out of your distaste for GENO,which I also have BUT even I would never advocate for TEBOW. In my opinion, he has  one of the worst deliveries, I have ever seen, and his accuracy is even worse than Geno's.

Look, I want someone other than Geno (garrapolo for sure) but Tebow, no way, so you know he's bad if even I dont want him.

Posted Image

#50 ozzieny

ozzieny

ewe gene

• Members
  • 659 posts

Posted 20 January 2014 - 02:58 PM

I disagree.  Sure some team might take a chance on him early, but IMO he's the type of talent you wait for.  

The REACH concept all depends on the degree of your desperation.  In our case, I'd see if Namath or Vinny wants to come back. The options are you move up and sell the farm like they did with Sanchez.  Or you reach or you take 'projects' in mid rounds and hope you find a Russell Wilson who is an enigma.  For the most part, the 'better' NFL teams have QB's who were top rated 1st round picks.  Its just are  our luck, we have a mid round pick in a draft that has so many good qb prospects that will likely be gone by the time we pick.  The question is whether or not Garappolo is a 1st, 2nd or 3rd round pick.  He probably at this point is a 2nd-3rd but if you're desperate (Jets) (Jags) (Browns) (Texans) (Raiders) (Vikes) you make your move and grab this kid.  I would go with the reach rather than trading up or going the project route.  Worst case scenario is he flops then you just keep looking.  Best case, you've finally cemented a position that has eluded this organization for decades. Garappolo is going to climb up the boards.  He was outstanding in the Shrine game.  This kid looks like the real deal and there are many desperate teams that will be looking for a QB to start or develop. He is probably slated 5th right now.  Since this organization has absolutely fumbled its attempts to find a QB for decades, you take the radical approach and do what's necessary to find a QB. 

0 user(s) are reading this topic

0 members, 0 guests, 0 anonymous users