Can Evans or Enunwa step up next year

GangGreen25

What scares you?  I heard he was bad for the short time he was in camp, but he was supposed to be a solid possession guy.  I only saw highlights, but he seemed to catch pretty smoothly to me.  Some clips where he seemed to tend to jump, but otherwise he seemed capable of doing what you want.  Obviously those are only highlights, but he *can* do what you want. 

It's not his route running or anything like that, I think he has potential to be good. But it's literally the way he catches the ball. It seems like he times when to close his hands, like he's clapping or something. Looks very unusual

What scares you?  I heard he was bad for the short time he was in camp, but he was supposed to be a solid possession guy.  I only saw highlights, but he seemed to catch pretty smoothly to me.  Some clips where he seemed to tend to jump, but otherwise he seemed capable of doing what you want.  Obviously those are only highlights, but he *can* do what you want. 

Combine-wise, Enunwa was better than Evans.  He's bigger, stronger and more than a half tenth faster.  I think Evans is more polished. 

Evans was the guy who was supposed to be the most NFL ready, but I agree that Enunwa seemed to bring more potential. If they don't see that potential developing this season, I hope they go back to the draft and actually find someone capable of playing the position. 

It's not his route running or anything like that, I think he has potential to be good. But it's literally the way he catches the ball. It seems like he times when to close his hands, like he's clapping or something. Looks very unusual

Ah, okay.  I can see that.  I think it is kind of a snapping thing.  It's actually the opposite of what we usually complain about.  I see it as attacking the ball.  Sometimes that can look very unnatural.  Especially when the ball is coming in soft.  The ball is your friend!  It will be interesting to see him in camp next year.  He will get an opportunity, but he has not lock roster spot.  

Shaq Evans can't catch the ball. 

I think he might be better than you think.  Better even than Jalen Saunders!

Ah, okay.  I can see that.  I think it is kind of a snapping thing.  It's actually the opposite of what we usually complain about.  I see it as attacking the ball.  Sometimes that can look very unnatural.  Especially when the ball is coming in soft.  The ball is your friend!  It will be interesting to see him in camp next year.  He will get an opportunity, but he has not lock roster spot.  

Irrational on my part lol, but it just looks like he hasn't mastered it. Hopefully I'm wrong, I do like how he plays. 

No chance for either guy. When it comes to offense, jets need to acquire finished product from other teams. Only position jets have been adept on developing on that side of the ball are lineman.

It is heart-breaking how true this is.

Archived