Idzik is 50/50 to Return, According to Source.

Seth

I don't know how a guy gets 12 draft picks and doesn't produce a single rookie Hall of Famer. I say you have to fire him forthwith and hire some dude.

When a team like denver drafts cody lattimer, who has been inactive almost if not every game his rookie season, no one calls for GMs head because he has demayrius thomas, emmanual sanders and welker out there. Idzik couldnt replace DAVID NELSON in this draft despite drafting 4(?) WRs in the deepest WR draft maybe ever. Capice?

In other news SJ reminded me today how i picked Jordan Matthews before ODB in our dynasty league. Oops.

I don't know how a guy gets 12 draft picks and doesn't produce a single rookie Hall of Famer. I say you have to fire him forthwith and hire some dude.

How is his first draft looking?

- A CB whose career may already be over.

- A QB whose career as a starter IS over.

- A Guard who was terrible before getting injured

- And Sheldon Richardson. The proverbial nut found by the blind squirrel.

And then there's this year. No Richardson, or something close to him. Just a whole lot of garbage.

Sorry but Some Dude could pick names out of a hat and do better than Idzik has.

I dont think Woody is going to fire Idzik I think he will let him hire his own coach  wich would set us back another 4 years. There is an article on PFT about Harbaugh going to Oakland and the writer dosent think the trade compnsation would be to high. The one thing that caught my attention in the article was the following " Harbaugh possibly would want to bring in former 49ers personnel exec Tom Gamble as the General Manager." This just pissed me off as we could of hired Gamble instead of Idzik. Hopefully we could land a Harbaugh Gamble combo but I highly doubt it knowing Woody.

“He gets blamed for the draft but no one gives him credit for trading for Chris Ivory, the trade for Percy [Harvin] or some of those moves. Every team has a couple signings that are bad,” the source said. “Blame John for this season, go ahead. But then give him the credit for last year too.”

The Jets were 8-8 last year, beating expectations in Idzik's first season overseeing the team.

This is complete and utter bullsh*t. The Jets we're a "surprising" 8-8 last year despite one of the worst rosters in football. Idzik has been an unmitigated failure. Now some jackass wants to tout the Harvin trade as a positive? Gimmie a break. That was a CYA, too little, too late move if I ever saw one. Woody needs to ship this moron out of town, stat.

taking half measures and retaining part of the staff (i.e. Rex)= Terrible and a recipe for failure.

taking half measures and retaining part of the staff (i.e. Idzik) = Correct path that will lead us to success.

lol.

http://newyork.cbslocal.com/2014/12/17/another-banner-calling-for-idziks-firing-flies-over-jets-practice/

NEW YORK (CBSNewYork) — The plane is back.

During Jets’ practice on Wednesday, a plane flew overhead with a banner that read, “Penalty Flag Day 12/21 FireJohnIdzik.com.”

It’s the latest call from fans who want second-year general manager John Idzik fired after the season.
The banner’s message is in reference to “Penalty Flag Day,” scheduled for Sunday’s final home game against the New England Patriots. The group behind the “Fire John Idzik” billboards will be giving fans yellow towels protesting Jets management.
On November 5, a plane flew overhead with the message “Fire John Idzik” in huge, red letters.

It was reported on Tuesday that there’s a “50-50″ chance owner Woody Johnson will retain Idzik.

fire-john-idzik-banner.jpg?w=620&h=349&c

Archived