Kickoff pointless

jgb

It also makes it easier for the more talented offenses to have such an advantage it's ridiculous. Special teams use to be an equalizer, a lesser opponent rips off a 92 yard return & bam..different ball game. Or just a great run back sets the offense up in BETTER field position.

Look at us last year. Constantly starting at the 20 yard line with a stupid QB. Recipe for disaster. Asking young QBs to go 80 yards is a huge disadvantage vs a seasoned QB. 

Every change in the NFL helps the best QBs. CBs can't touch WRs. Refs never call pick plays. Oline can hold all day. You can't touch the QB. The QB can throw it away outside the pocket so he doesn't get hit. I mean there really are only about 10 really good QBs in the world right now.

Advantage Patriots. Until Brady retires it's gonna suck for us trying to overtake that team. Goodell has created a league where 3/4 of the teams are gonna suck without a trigger man. Changing all the rules to give the offense the advantage so there's more scoring & more excitement is great in theory. Problem is that there are not enough good QBs to go around & it's the same thing every year...rinse & repeat. You look at the Colts before Andrew Luck & now,lol. 2-14 to 3 years straight in the playoffs & the AFCCG last year. It's why fantasy football is becoming more interesting than the NFL itself.

It also makes it easier for the more talented offenses to have such an advantage it's ridiculous. Special teams use to be an equalizer, a lesser opponent rips off a 92 yard return & bam..different ball game. Or just a great run back sets the offense up in BETTER field position.

Look at us last year. Constantly starting at the 20 yard line with a stupid QB. Recipe for disaster. Asking young QBs to go 80 yards is a huge disadvantage vs a seasoned QB. 

Every change in the NFL helps the best QBs. CBs can't touch WRs. Refs never call pick plays. Oline can hold all day. You can't touch the QB. The QB can throw it away outside the pocket so he doesn't get hit. I mean there really are only about 10 really good QBs in the world right now.

Advantage Patriots. Until Brady retires it's gonna suck for us trying to overtake that team. Goodell has created a league where 3/4 of the teams are gonna suck without a trigger man. Changing all the rules to give the offense the advantage so there's more scoring & more excitement is great in theory. Problem is that there are not enough good QBs to go around & it's the same thing every year...rinse & repeat. You look at the Colts before Andrew Luck & now,lol. 2-14 to 3 years straight in the playoffs & the AFCCG last year. It's why fantasy football is becoming more interesting than the NFL itself.

I never thought about it that way before.  It makes a ton of sense.

Yep...heard Westhoff say during the off-season that the job he held in the NFL is now obsolete.  That's why I don't worry about who the KR is going to be this season but more concerned with PR.  Kerley has never been very good and Decker?  Worst move from this staff so far has been seriously considering using Decker to return punts. 

This couldn't be more spot on and has really turned the spotlight on the QB disparity. Other threads talking about minor league development leagues, etc etc. the truth is there have never been enough human beings on the planet smart enough and physically gifted enough to fill every teams QB position. This is especially amplified with 32 teams in the league. This is why a guy like Russell Wilson deserved the contract he got. He's not a great QB, but he's consistently effective, and that's better than most. The bottom line is any rules change that makes it harder for average offenses to score (such as the kickoff rule) is only going to serve to highlight the disparity even more.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

I so agree with this.

honestly, I barely watch the NFL anymore.

commercials....meaningless kick into the end zone...commercials

Lol. They've actually discussed removing the kickoff from the game altogether, but you have to figure the potential loss of commercial breaks is holding up that decision more than anything else. 

Agree, the game is becoming a fraud. Kick the hipsters out of the NFL.

I guess they buy beer.  I watch some of those commercials and I wonder what demographic watches the games.  I watched those effeminate, scruffy dudes on those fantasy site commercials.  The first guy waved his arms around like Little Richard and I realized that his gestures looked a lot like Brady.  Maybe I will start watching lacrosse

Archived