Casserly on Fitz coming up on NFL network

AFJF

Just a heads up.....saw a tweet during my drive home that Charley Casserly is goinig to be on NFL network in  a few minutes talking about Fitz.  No idea if it's gonna' be 5 seconds or 5 minutes.

It was actually around a minute (if that)...basically said if Jets are gonna' re-sign him, it should be in the 2-yrs at $6 mil per.  Expected some analysis but not so much.

Seems about right.  I cant imagine there's a huge market.  He's been around for a long time and played on a lot of teams.  Teams know what they're getting in Fitz.   

Seems about right.  I cant imagine there's a huge market.  He's been around for a long time and played on a lot of teams.  Teams know what they're getting in Fitz.   

A savior?  ;)

Its either a conquering hero or a savior...it cant be both.  I cant take both.  

This is so sad.  We're doing cartwheels around here for Ryan Fitzpatrick. 

haha - life as a Jets fan

Conquering savior!

Its either a conquering hero or a savior...it cant be both.  I cant take both.  

This is so sad.  We're doing cartwheels around here for Ryan Fitzpatrick. 

haha - life as a Jets fan

When you go from Mark Sanchez, to Geno Smith....Fitz looks like Montana.  Kinda like the Eddie Murphy Ritz cracker bit.  Fitz cracker?  

When you go from Mark Sanchez, to Geno Smith....Fitz looks like Montana.  Kinda like the Eddie Murphy Ritz cracker bit.  Fitz cracker?  

What about when you go from Ryan Fitzpatrick to Ryan Mallett? Seriously how stupid are the Texans. JJ Watt must be going into Hulk Rage mode knowing Texans almost certainly a playoff team with Fitz.

What about when you go from Ryan Fitzpatrick to Ryan Mallett? Seriously how stupid are the Texans. JJ Watt must be going into Hulk Rage mode knowing Texans almost certainly a playoff team with Fitz.

I loved how so many people spent the off-season asking "If Fitz is so good, why did the Texans let him go"?  As if the Texans are the authority on quality quarterback play.

Texans were the 6th team to let him go.

So they were all wrong?

Intangibles are the most difficult thing to grade. Fitz doesn't measure up to the standard for QBs so he was easy to justify passing on. Sound familiar?

5-8-2014%209-32-20%20am.png

Intangibles are the most difficult thing to grade. Fitz doesn't measure up to the standard for QBs so he was easy to justify passing on. Sound familiar?

5-8-2014%209-32-20%20am.png

No idea who that dude is, but if he wants to succeed in the NFL, he's gonna' have to find a way to cut some corners :)

No ...we know what we're getting in Fitz and with some slight improvements on offense in the offseason it could be pretty damn special. Fitz is in a good system with some really good players for the first time in his career and he's proving (as have other QB's ) that my point of surrounding a Good QB with top caliber players will pay big dividends. Fitz is not going to go to a bad team and make them great and neither will any of the other QB's in the NFL.

With the talent in this league coaching is becoming even more of a huge issue than in the past. You can't win in this league with poor coaching . Good coaching and good systems give players, especially QB's, a very big advantage.

No ...we know what we're getting in Fitz and with some slight improvements on offense in the offseason it could be pretty damn special. Fitz is in a good system with some really good players for the first time in his career and he's proving (as have other QB's ) that my point of surrounding a Good QB with top caliber players will pay big dividends. Fitz is not going to go to a bad team and make them great and neither will any of the other QB's in the NFL.

With the talent in this league coaching is becoming even more of a huge issue than in the past. You can't win in this league with poor coaching . Good coaching and good systems give players, especially QB's, a very big advantage.

Wake me up when Fitzy beats a good team

Intangibles are the most difficult thing to grade. Fitz doesn't measure up to the standard for QBs so he was easy to justify passing on. Sound familiar? />

You are trying to make an comparison of a college player who never played one down in the NFL to an 11-year, journeyman QB who was released by 6 teams?

Really?

Wake me up when Fitzy beats a good team

It's ok to enjoy winning you know without being a grump :)

You are trying to make an comparison of a college player who never played one down in the NFL to an 11-year, journeyman QB who was released by 6 teams?

Really?

No, I'm saying NFL teams often get it wrong when intangibles are a players' greatest asset.

Fitz is a classic late bloomer. He is a nice combination of brains, experience, determination and guts. 

Sure he's got flaws, but he overcame them this year to become a legit professional starting QB. Lock him up to a 2-3 year deal. Might just be catching his "peak"

guy is solid. No one is expecting passing records to be broken (well except franchise records which are decades or even almost half a century old) but guy is balling so let it ride. Lock him now for 7 per before the Daniel Synders of the world throw 12 at him

Young team, part rebuild project, want a young QB who they can build with.  Potential of Mallet was too tempting.  Plus they got Hoyer, who's played well at times.  

Young team, part rebuild project, want a young QB who they can build with.  Potential of Mallet was too tempting.  Plus they got Hoyer, who's played well at times.  

JJ WATT will have his bust in Canton next to BARRY SANDERS: Biggest wastes of talent in NFL history.

Good call. Texans are a very young team with a solid foundation.

They knew Fitz was not the guy who would take them to the next level.

Good call. Texans are a very young team with a solid foundation.

They knew Fitz was not the guy who would take them to the next level.

Problem is that they have run into injury problems.

Fitzpatrick to me is a guy who can keep the Jets competitive as they continue "the search".

And maybe if they get really lucky, who knows......

Archived