Casserly on Fitz coming up on NFL network

AFJF

Fitz is a classic late bloomer. He is a nice combination of brains, experience, determination and guts. 

Sure he's got flaws, but he overcame them this year to become a legit professional starting QB. Lock him up to a 2-3 year deal. Might just be catching his "peak"

Late bloomer?? Lol he has played better than expected, the christmas gift schedule played a big part in this. Next year if Fitz is starter this will be a 6-10 team. Book it , favorite it, do what you want with it.  It as a QB driven league and when you play a top 10 defense, you need a QB who can make all the throws.

JJ WATT will have his bust in Canton next to BARRY SANDERS: Biggest wastes of talent in NFL history.

JJ has a long way to go while managing a 12, 10 & 9 win seasonS out of his LIMITED time in the NFL.  

They haven't had a hard time running that team

Fitz will be a Jet for the rest of his career.  He will be next years starter and will eventually become a back up after we find our guy going forward.  Fitz will make 5-7 million a year because that is his worth and nobody else is going to sign him because it's obvious he is currently in the best place since he started in the NFL.  Yes children this is the best place for Fitz.  His coach is here and he has two slow gigantic mistake reducing possession receivers.  Fitz is not dumb.  He is smart.  On a lesser teams with a lesser coach and lesser weapons he will do squat.  He is a system guy that Fitz our system perfectly.  So shut up.

I'd prefer 4 mil per for 3 years (I'd even be ok with 4 years if the discount was great enough) with a large chunk guaranteed but I could live with up to 6 for 2 years and a more open ended contract. I think anything higher than 6 per is crazy on both ends. I love Fitz but: 1. I don't think there is a market. 2. I think at this stage in his career he's going to value stability over cash. 3. He genuinely likes it here (Marshall ect...). Given those I could see him getting far less than what everyone is calling for and signing for more years. My biggest concern is injuries with his inability to slide. The cheaper/longer contract seems practically worth it though even as a player/coach/QBbackup/mentor.

Fitz will be a Jet for the rest of his career.  He will be next years starter and will eventually become a back up after we find our guy going forward.  Fitz will make 5-7 million a year because that is his worth and nobody else is going to sign him because it's obvious he is currently in the best place since he started in the NFL.  Yes children this is the best place for Fitz.  His coach is here and he has two slow gigantic mistake reducing possession receivers.  Fitz is not dumb.  He is smart.  On a lesser teams with a lesser coach and lesser weapons he will do squat.  He is a system guy that Fitz our system perfectly.  So shut up.

I'm not so sure that the Jets have written his name in ink just yet at the top of next year's depth chart, but I'm very sure that this is where Fitz is going to want to play next year. If someone wants to give him Peyton Manning money he'll probably walk, but no one's giving him Peyton Manning money. As long as the Jets are competitive with a contract offer, he'll happily stay put. 

I'm not so sure that the Jets have written his name in ink just yet at the top of next year's depth chart, but I'm very sure that this is where Fitz is going to want to play next year. If someone wants to give him Peyton Manning money he'll probably walk, but no one's giving him Peyton Manning money. As long as the Jets are competitive with a contract offer, he'll happily stay put. 

I do agree if someone like Breeze broke loose they may jump at it.  But, I hope its not another Sanchez-Peytons situation were we try to get Breeze fail and then give Fitz an inflated,"Im sorry" contract.  Just so you know yes I would take Breeze over Fitz.

I'd prefer 4 mil per for 3 years (I'd even be ok with 4 years if the discount was great enough) with a large chunk guaranteed but I could live with up to 6 for 2 years and a more open ended contract. I think anything higher than 6 per is crazy on both ends. I love Fitz but: 1. I don't think there is a market. 2. I think at this stage in his career he's going to value stability over cash. 3. He genuinely likes it here (Marshall ect...). Given those I could see him getting far less than what everyone is calling for and signing for more years. My biggest concern is injuries with his inability to slide. The cheaper/longer contract seems practically worth it though even as a player/coach/QBbackup/mentor.

4-7 depending on how the next three games go.  If we win out and win a playoff game then he may have just hit the Lotto.

Fitz is a classic late bloomer. He is a nice combination of brains, experience, determination and guts. 

Sure he's got flaws, but he overcame them this year to become a legit professional starting QB. Lock him up to a 2-3 year deal. Might just be catching his "peak"

QB is the one position where they peak in their early 30s.  When I think they finally have all the mental parts of the game down.

I do agree if someone like Breeze broke loose they may jump at it.  But, I hope its not another Sanchez-Peytons situation were we try to get Breeze fail and then give Fitz an inflated,"Im sorry" contract.  Just so you know yes I would take Breeze over Fitz.

Or Stafford or Bradford...  Right now, I feel a lot better about Maccagnan than I ever did about Tannenbaum or (especially!) Idzik, and don't see him in a failed bidding war for a QB. Also see the Jets as a more popular destination than they might've been for a QB under Rex. When I talk about Fitz potentially not starting, though, I think the more likely candidates would be Petty or, if they don't believe in Petty after a year of evaluation, a high draft pick next year. 

Texans were the 6th team to let him go.

So they were all wrong?

No you cant say they were all wrong but I think this may be the classic case of a system playing to a players strengths and abilities.

He had similar results in Buff with Gailey.

Having said that I think we are seeing his ultimate upside and he certainly is not the future answer at QB for the NYJ.

Still glad he is here though.

At least he plays and acts like a pro as opposed to having Sanchez or Geno stink the place up.

I think if I were Fitz, I would also look at OL stats and what my expected hits and sacks would look like in various places.  The Jets have been very good to him in that department.

You are trying to make an comparison of a college player who never played one down in the NFL to an 11-year, journeyman QB who was released by 6 teams?

Really?

This is a good point. No NFL GM could have assumed that Michigan's backup QB would mysteriously double in body size between the combine and training camp.

Wake me up when Fitzy beats a good team

Nah I like you better when you stay asleep.

Fitz has played against some good defenses and done just fine. The Titans (8th ranked defense)have given a lot of QB's fits so how is it that Fitz lit them up ? Stop digging for reasons to hate you're teams QB and be happy he's playing at a very high level

Fitz has played against some good defenses and done just fine. The Titans (8th ranked defense)have given a lot of QB's fits so how is it that Fitz lit them up ? Stop digging for reasons to hate you're teams QB and be happy he's playing at a very high level

OMG fitzy has not beaten 1 good Def this yr, not even sure if he has in prior yrs, the T1ts were embarrasing, Powell's td catch 5 missed tackles, the BM  TD catch  come on mon

like I said wake me up 

the Titans defense is as soft as they come. They have been decimated by injuries in the last few weeks

Archived