If Geno starts 16 games, how many TD's do you think he throws?

AFJF

How many TD's?  

79 members have voted

1. 1. If Geno starts 16 games, how many TD's do you think he throws?

The premise of this poll is flawed because the only way Geno would start 16 games is if he was doing well.

Doing well has a new definition here under coach Bowles. There is no way they would stick with a QB if the offense was struggling and throwing 1 TD per game. And passing TDs is really something that has to be measured against interceptions.

If Geno started 16 games and threw 20 TDs, the interceptions would be a huge factor as would the # of rushing TDs. Bowles isn't going to care how they get in the end zone; as long as they are doing it consistently.

• Replies 86
  • Created
  • Last Reply
9 hours ago, jetrider said:

If Geno takes the Jets to the SB and wins, Joe Jets Fan, Smashmouth, AKKKF, defectivekimble, and other diseased haters will be furious at Mac for wasting a SB-ready team on Geno when he could've paid Fitz.

I have read this post 5 times and it makes no sense to me.

If Geno wins the Super Bowl with the Jets, Jets fans will be pretty busy celebrating the victory.

3 minutes ago, Maxman said:

If Geno started 16 games and threw 20 TDs, the interceptions would be a huge factor as would the # of rushing TDs. Bowles isn't going to care how they get in the end zone; as long as they are doing it consistently.

Well said! ... But if we're adding rushing TD's don't forget to add fumbles as well!

1 minute ago, ljr said:

Well said! ... But if we're adding rushing TD's don't forget to add fumbles as well!

Fumbles are a little easier to calculate. When a running back gets to 5, he stops getting carries. :)

7 minutes ago, Maxman said:

I have read this post 5 times and it makes no sense to me.

If Geno wins the Super Bowl with the Jets, Jets fans will be pretty busy celebrating the victory.

Not the Geno haters. You're describing the rational Jets fans.

1 minute ago, jetrider said:

Not the Geno haters. You're describing the rational Jets fans.

I don't get caught up labeling Jets fans into groups. All Jets fans want the same thing, a Super Bowl victory.

Not everyone is going to agree about the best way to get that done. But when they get it done, we will all unite and have two goals.

1) Wake up feeling good

2) Reminding @PatsFanTX that the Jets just won the Super Bowl :)

13 hours ago, Mainejet said:

Well, you could be right? I really don't care, but he won't be a Jet. That's the important thing.....

No freaking way! Not with these weapons & Chan here. The WCO is gone, hell did any of the receivers even know what they were doing? Seems he had a different receiver every week in 2014. If you want to get a great idea of how little continuity there was post the starting WRs each game in 2014. (Responding to 18TDs & 25 picks).

3 hours ago, Jetster said:

No freaking way! Not with these weapons & Chan here. The WCO is gone, hell did any of the receivers even know what they were doing? Seems he had a different receiver every week in 2014. If you want to get a great idea of how little continuity there was post the starting WRs each game in 2014. (Responding to 18TDs & 25 picks).

I'm gonna go out on a limb & say if Fitz comes back, Geno will start for another NFL team in 2017.

This is the question I answered from your post. You claim he'll start for another NFL team in 2017?? Well, I suppose, but the important thing is he will not be a Jet. If the Jets resign Fitz (and they will, it's simply a matter of time), Geno will be off this team.

5 hours ago, Mainejet said:

I'm gonna go out on a limb & say if Fitz comes back, Geno will start for another NFL team in 2017.

This is the question I answered from your post. You claim he'll start for another NFL team in 2017?? Well, I suppose, but the important thing is he will not be a Jet. If the Jets resign Fitz (and they will, it's simply a matter of time), Geno will be off this team.

I agree, and I also think long after Fitz retires Geno might have a career as a starter in the NFL. It may be that he just needs a change of scenery. I have said always that I don't know what's in Genos future, I've always said he's never gotten a chance to learn at a pace equal to his needs, behind an Oline that was any good or with professional skill players other than Decker who was hampered by a hamstring injury almost the entire 2014.

4 hours ago, jetrider said:

Fitzpatrick's career TD average per season = 14

Voters who think Geno's will be the same or worse than Fitz's  =  5

Voters who think Geno's will be significantly better than Fitz's  =  63

Is that extrapolated over 16 games? Because that's the question you know.

Also, the question at hand is illogical. If --> then cannot be computed when the proposed "if" isn't likely to ever happen.

19 hours ago, Jetster said:

I agree, and I also think long after Fitz retires Geno might have a career as a starter in the NFL. It may be that he just needs a change of scenery. I have said always that I don't know what's in Genos future, I've always said he's never gotten a chance to learn at a pace equal to his needs, behind an Oline that was any good or with professional skill players other than Decker who was hampered by a hamstring injury almost the entire 2014.

I call that EXCUSES. Most young QB's will get SOME weapons, but will not be surrounded by a complete team. It never happens that way. Mark Sanchez had a complete team surrounding him in 2009 and 2010. However, that is the exception to the rule. It's important for young players to make the most of all of their opportunities. Geno's was given plenty of opportunities. He never built chemistry with any of his WR's. Eric Decker played 15 games in 2014 and yet he still couldn't build chemistry with Decker.

And now it's too late anyway. He got into an altercation with a teammate wanting to stiff the guy of $600. That has sent teammates into a total distancing phase. They know Geno is a punk. They know they don't like him. However, they cannot speak their minds to the press or anyone else. It's what they do say that puts Geno in doubt. Eric Decker very openly speaks of his support for Ryan Fitzpatrick. He advocates that the Jets sign a person who is currently not even a member of the NYJ. Meanwhile, Geno is a NYJ and he can't anyone to support him. They only speak good things of Geno when they are point blank ASKED about him.

On 5/23/2016 at 11:18 PM, Maxman said:

I don't get caught up labeling Jets fans into groups. All Jets fans want the same thing, a Super Bowl victory.

Not everyone is going to agree about the best way to get that done. But when they get it done, we will all unite and have two goals.

1) Wake up feeling good

2) Reminding @PatsFanTX that the Jets just won the Super Bowl :)

You'll wake up feeling good.  Most of us will wake up feeling hung over. :)

Archived