Hmmm Da Bills

Charlie Brown

I watched a little bit of the Bills Game and I can honestly say they looked darn good.  Defense seemed real aggressive....

Also Rex looked as relaxed as I have seen him in years on the sideline.  I think that his brother who seemed to standing near him on the sidelines has a genuine calming effect on him.

• Replies 318
  • Created
  • Last Reply
15 minutes ago, AFJF said:

Somebody just messaged me saying IK broke his leg but nothing online.  True?

Geno was an idiot, but IK deserves nothing less.  He ruined a guys season over 600 dollars.  Using your fists to settle a dispute with a teammate renders you a thug.  Not to mention his history of throwing punches at people.  Good riddance.

7 minutes ago, JoJoTownsell1 said:

Geno was an idiot, but IK deserves nothing less.  He ruined a guys career over 600 dollars.  Using your fists to settle a dispute with a teammate renders you a thug.  Not to mention his history of throwing punches at people.  Good riddance.

Fixed.

I never wish injury on a player but I am the last person that is going to feel any sort of sympathy for a guy that felt justified in breaking a teammates jaw over 600 dollars.  You're exactly right. They're both idiots but IK has a pretty extensive history with assault so I reckon that he isn't exactly a smart, pleasant, or decent person.

6 minutes ago, JoJoTownsell1 said:

Geno was an idiot, but IK deserves nothing less.  He ruined a guys season over 600 dollars.  Using your fists to settle a dispute with a teammate renders you a thug.  Not to mention his history of throwing punches at people.  Good riddance.

6 minutes ago, JoJoTownsell1 said:

I agree with Bowles and Revis on the incident.  Both equally at fault.  Entire thing is avoided if Geno just pays the guy his money instead of getting in his face and telling him he won't "do anything".

7 minutes ago, AFJF said:

I agree with Bowles and Revis on the incident.  Both equally at fault.  Entire thing is avoided if Geno just pays the guy his money instead of getting in his face and telling him he won't "do anything".

I can agree with this to an extent but Bowles also said something in his presser the day it happened: unless the man is threatening your family, there is no reason to clock him in the face.  Did Geno do himself any favors by saying what he did?  No, of course not.  Does that honestly justify an over-sized meathead wiring his jaw shut?  No.  If IK cared THAT much, he should have taken the guy to small claims court or something.  I also said it the day it happened....if you NEED the 600 bucks that badly as a professional football player, you have much bigger problems to worry about.  Geno missed his camp to attend a funeral.  Kind of reasonable.  Still shouldn't have said what he said...but c'mon.

5 minutes ago, Lupz27 said:

Dak Prescott looking like the Truth.  Before he got his DUI I really wanted to draft that guy.

I wanted them to take him after the DUI...maybe just a round later.

Just now, AFJF said:

I wanted them to take him after the DUI...maybe just a round later.

Yeah I still would have liked him, just thought he would be off the Jets board after the DUI, he is said to have a lot of R. Wilson intangibles.  Having D Bryant to throw to also helps lol.

Just now, Lupz27 said:

Yeah I still would have liked him, just thought he would be off the Jets board after the DUI, he is said to have a lot of R. Wilson intangibles.  Having D Bryant to throw to also helps lol.

I either wanted Lynch in the 1st, Prescott in middle rounds, or Sudfeld late.

Also wanted Connor cook in 1st but had no idea about his father's crazy ranting/raving/racist twitter account that undoubtedly hurt his draft stock.

Hey, having Decker/Marshall/Enunwa, etc... wouldn't have been bad either.

1 minute ago, AFJF said:

Also wanted Connor cook in 1st but had no idea about his father's crazy ranting/raving/racist twitter account that undoubtedly hurt his draft stock.

I wanted nothing to do with Cook, or Hackenberg, but 2 weeks before the draft all the signs were on the wall basically saying the Jets loved Hack, and then I knew they were gonna draft him so I got on board lol.

3 minutes ago, AFJF said:

Also loved Lynch, and wanted the Jets to draft him until I saw he has Mark Sanchez personality then I wanted nothing to do with another goofy locker room QB.

I wonder who has the most booger pick shots Mark, or Paxton.

Just now, Lupz27 said:

I wanted nothing to do with Cook, or Hackenberg, but 2 weeks before the draft all the signs were on the wall basically saying the Jets loved Hack, and then I knew they were gonna draft him so I got on board lol.

I remembered reading that the Jets sent 4 coaches to Cook's pro day.  Then I went back and watched 3 of his games in full and came away very impressed.  People talked about his low completion percentage and I know every team drops passes, but his cast was terrible.  I counted 17 drops in the first TWO games.  He also played very well against some big-time competition.  I could see the Radiers trotting him out there in hopes he plays well enough that they can get some picks for him down the road.

34 minutes ago, JoJoTownsell1 said:

KARMA BITCH

Bills OLB IK Enemkpali was carted off with a "major" knee injury in Saturday's preseason opener.

The word comes straight from coach Rex Ryan. It's awful news for a team that's already seen its depth chart at outside linebacker torn to shreds by injury. Enemkpali is probably done for the season, and with Shaq Lawson sidelined indefinitely, journeyman Lorenzo Alexander will open the year with a starting job.

26 minutes ago, AFJF said:

its clear that your agenda is to bury smith as much as possible so I get what you're saying here, but the fact that you're using third hand gossip to support your personal interest is truly laughable 

5 minutes ago, AFJF said:

I remembered reading that the Jets sent 4 coaches to Cook's pro day.  Then I went back and watched 3 of his games in full and came away very impressed.  People talked about his low completion percentage and I know every team drops passes, but his cast was terrible.  I counted 17 drops in the first TWO games.  He also played very well against some big-time competition.  I could see the Radiers trotting him out there in hopes he plays well enough that they can get some picks for him down the road.

Cook sounds like the White Geno Smith.  90% of Geno's problems are his confidence, and attitude, I really think if he could clean those up he would be a good QB, his attitude seems better, but I didn't see the confidence in him in the first preseason game which made him look indecisive, and not so good for the most part.  A lot of the Cook reports were he was a bad egg in the room (don't know if it is true, or not), and I saw a lot of that lack of confidence in a couple of those big games when Mich St. played stout defenses.

2 minutes ago, cant wait said:

its clear that your agenda is to bury smith as much as possible so I get what you're saying here, but the fact that you're using third hand gossip to support your personal interest is truly laughable 

I am a Geno supporter, and everything AFJF stated was basically reported from first hand teammates who saw the situation, and knew why the situation got to that point, and that is no good on Geno part.  Still IK is the problem, but Geno as the QB, and the incumbent supposed leader needs to handle that situation a lot better.  Supposedly it was festering for like 3 weeks, and this was the breaking point for IK who as some quoted don't like to get his money ****ed with down to the very last dime.

3 minutes ago, Lupz27 said:

Cook sounds like the White Geno Smith.  90% of Geno's problems are his confidence, and attitude, I really think if he could clean those up he would be a good QB, his attitude seems better, but I didn't see the confidence in him in the first preseason game which made him look indecisive, and not so good for the most part.  A lot of the Cook reports were he was a bad egg in the room (don't know if it is true, or not), and I saw a lot of that lack of confidence in a couple of those big games when Mich St. played stout defenses.

Good points.  Geno choosing not to meet with the media today or after the game could be a sign that his attitude isn't changing.  He said himself that he was never going to change his attitude.  Not a good thing IMO.

Just now, AFJF said:

Good points.  Geno choosing not to meet with the media today or after the game could be a sign that his attitude isn't changing.  He said himself that he was never going to change his attitude.  Not a good thing IMO.

I really don't care how he handles the media, it is with the 52 other players, and the coaches that I care about how his attitude is, look at Cam Newton dude is a complete dick to the media still the leagues reigning MVP.

4 minutes ago, Lupz27 said:

I am a Geno supporter, and everything AFJF stated was basically reported from first hand teammates who saw the situation, and knew why the situation got to that point, and that is no good on Geno part.  Still IK is the problem, but Geno as the QB, and the incumbent supposed leader needs to handle that situation a lot better.  Supposedly it was festering for like 3 weeks, and this was the breaking point for IK who as some quoted don't like to get his money ****ed with down to the very last dime.

From the day TC started I've been 100% honest about Geno in how he's done.  When he makes a  good throw, I tweet it.  When he makes a bad throw, I tweet it.  Those who not only support him, but are obsessed with him, will only pick out the "negative" and say I'm being unfair.  

I even said the other day that the TC battle was pretty even despite some observers saying Fitz has been the better QB.

4 minutes ago, Lupz27 said:

I really don't care how he handles the media, it is with the 52 other players, and the coaches that I care about how his attitude is, look at Cam Newton dude is a complete dick to the media still the leagues reigning MVP.

When you have talent, you can be a bit hard and get away with it (sometimes).  Genocide?  Not so much. 

Edit:  even my phone doesn't like him. I typed Geno and it autocompleted Genocide. Lol  

I'd agree with you 99 times out of 100 on how he handles the media, but this is a time when he has to realize (or his agent has to let him know) that how he responds to this whole situation is going to be under the microscope.  It's a bad look to appear to be hiding.

In all honesty, it can be Geno deciding to focus 100% on football and block out all the noise.  I can respect that.  

Problem is, NFL QB's rarely get that luxury.  If he wants to start, he's going to have to get used to addressing the media even when he doesn't want to.

Hopefully much ado about nothing.

Just now, AFJF said:

From the day TC started I've been 100% honest about Geno in how he's done.  When he makes a  good throw, I tweet it.  When he makes a bad throw, I tweet it.  Those who not only support him, but are obsessed with him, will only pick out the "negative" and say I'm being unfair.  

I even said the other day that the TC battle was pretty even despite some observers saying Fitz has been the better QB.

The only problem I have had with some of your stuff is a couple of purposely digs at the Geno supporters/Fitz haters, that is what the NY media does to get the conversation going, and get clicks.  Your better then that, this sites news is better then that.  Most of us are here at JN because we hate the NY media, and their agenda's.

But besides that you have been very fair, its just the way some of it get reported that rubs me the wrong way, I was more easily rubbed the wrong way 2 weeks ago then I am now thou so I was also a lot more agitated at the time lol.  I am not so much a Geno supporter, I am just more of a Fitz as a starting QB hater, IMO the Jets fans deserve a QB who can win them a SB, and I know one was not out there, but I just don't want to watch the repeat of the early to mid 2000's with Chad all over again.

8 minutes ago, Lupz27 said:

It wasn't firsthand, it was ryan clark reporting what "his sources" heard. no firsthand accounts of what happened have been published. If it's not schefter reporting then it's questionable at best. and either way, there's no excuses for that kind of violence no matter how much you dislike the guy

1 minute ago, cant wait said:

It wasn't firsthand, it was ryan clark reporting what "his sources" heard. no firsthand accounts of what happened have been published. If it's not schefter reporting then it's questionable at best. and either way, there's no excuses for that kind of violence no matter how much you dislike the guy

A few players went on record with quotes about why it happened form my memory, but I could be wrong.  And agree with the rest of the post.  Just don't think your starting QB should ever be in the situation to get punched like he did.

11 minutes ago, Lupz27 said:

The only problem I have had with some of your stuff is a couple of purposely digs at the Geno supporters/Fitz haters, that is what the NY media does to get the conversation going, and get clicks.  Your better then that, this sites news is better then that.  Most of us are here at JN because we hate the NY media, and their agenda's.

But besides that you have been very fair, its just the way some of it get reported that rubs me the wrong way, I was more easily rubbed the wrong way 2 weeks ago then I am now thou so I was also a lot more agitated at the time lol.  I am not so much a Geno supporter, I am just more of a Fitz as a starting QB hater, IMO the Jets fans deserve a QB who can win them a SB, and I know one was not out there, but I just don't want to watch the repeat of the early to mid 2000's with Chad all over again.

I actually thought about this the other day and while I don't write "click bait" headlines, I've definitely been a bit harder on Geno than I needed to be but I think it's similar to how I reacted with the Rex stuff.  

Rex won 4 playoff games and gave me some of the most enjoyable moments I've had as a fan.  He's far from perfect, but with what he was able to do, it bothered me that Jets fans were trying to give credit to Pettine for their success and saying Rex "knew nothing about football".  It was so absurd IMO that I probably "over-corrected" and spoke more highly of him that I actually believed.

Same with Geno/Fitz.  Geno has been very bad, but he's had bad circumstances.  However, when people start saying Fitz had nothing to do with their success last season and all he had to do was chuck the ball up in the air and let somebody make a play, I reacted.  A QB still has to read a defense, avoid a rush, keep his eyes down the field, and put the ball in a spot where it can be caught before being sacked.  Fitz did that very often and I felt he deserved a lot of credit for what he did.

Also, I could be wrong, but I think I kept the personal feelings out of the articles and limited it to the thread discussions.

Some of it was a little bit of off-season ball-busting, but I think we're all guilty of that from time to time.

56 minutes ago, AFJF said:

Entire thing would have been avoided if McCags cut the POS IK before the preseason so Rex the WWE promoter extradionaire could have had his hench man earlier. 

Just now, 56mehl56 said:

Entire thing would have been avoided if McCags cut the POS IK before the preseason so Rex the WWE promoter extradionaire could have had his hench man earlier. 

He could've, but up to that point there was no reason to and he was performing very well.

A few players went on record with quotes about why it happened form my memory, but I could be wrong.  And agree with the rest of the post.  Just don't think your starting QB should ever be in the situation to get punched like he did.

The only other quotes I read were metha's "sources" which I immediately disregarded but who knows. It's hard to believe it's been a year, it feels like this dark cloud has been hanging over this team for ages. really looking forward to turning the page and moving on from all of this nonsense

1 minute ago, AFJF said:

He could've, but up to that point there was no reason to and he was performing very well.

And up to that point Geno was performing very well also . Regardless , I don't think IK's punch "ruined"  Geno's career , I fully believe two Qb's careers(Sanchez/Geno) were ruined by an over the top DC coordinator masquerading as a HC . He pushed both QB's into action before they were truly ready and failed to adjust the offense when he no longer had a stellar run game.  Sure Jet fans hate Sanchez and Geno when in reality they should be hating Rex. 

Archived