Hmmm Da Bills

Charlie Brown

11 minutes ago, Maxman said:

Glenn - these are TWO DIFFERENT THINGS. When two people have a fight there are three versions. Both parties have a version and then there is the truth. That is the case here. So saying that two people who had an argument both have some responsibility is fine.

But when you look at the bigger picture you can't say they have "equal responsibility" when an assault was involved. If you believe your 2nd quote, so do I. They are both at fault for the argument. But I think the strong reaction in this thread is because of your first quote. Which I don't agree with.

Ah, gonna respectfully disagree here. The person who throws the first punch isn't always wrong. Not every ass kicking just falls out of the sky, and sometimes the other guy deserves to get clocked in the mouth. I'm not saying that was definitely the case with Geno, I mean it probably was given that he conducted himself like a douche for the years prior, but it's pretty clear in this instance that the dividing line between the consequences for both guys was that it took place where they worked.

• Replies 318
  • Created
  • Last Reply
2 minutes ago, RutgersJetFan said:

Ah, gonna respectfully disagree here. The person who throws the first punch isn't always wrong. Not every ass kicking just falls out of the sky, and sometimes the other guy deserves to get clocked in the mouth. I'm not saying that was definitely the case with Geno, I mean it probably was given that he conducted himself like a douche for the years prior, but it's pretty clear in this instance that the dividing line between the consequences for both guys was that it took place where they worked.

You can disagree but if I am paying people 350k on the low end to milions upon millions on the high end, the guy that throws the first punch is getting fired. Geno can be wrong in the argument and IK is wrong with the assault.

IK proved he isn't smart enough to walk away. He potentially cost himself millions of dollars in the process. That means that Geno was the "dumbest" guy in the locker room that day.

Just now, Maxman said:

You can disagree but if I am paying people 350k on the low end to milions upon millions on the high end, the guy that throws the first punch is getting fired. Geno can be wrong in the argument and IK is wrong with the assault.

IK proved he isn't smart enough to walk away. He potentially cost himself millions of dollars in the process. That means that Geno was the "dumbest" guy in the locker room that day.

I don't know about being the dumbest, but he's certainly the most craven. If the IT guy pulls the you can't hit me routine at work, it's lame. If the starting quarterback of a professional football team starts pulling it, I don't even know what to call it. SenorGatoitis, perhaps.

You can't just punch a co-worker in the face. But it's not a story if 6th round JAG hits another 6th round JAG. Geno hurt himself much more than IK hurt him because a starting QB and highly drafted pick and (potential) future of the franchise is held to a different standard fair or not.

IK deserved to be sh*t canned and Geno deserved to be benched and take some time to mature. 

18 hours ago, RutgersJetFan said:

I hope they do look good. I hope they do well this year so they can come up short and then get excited and give Rex an extension. Then I can watch and cackle as he crushes their dreams over the following years.

To be clear I harbor no ill will towards Bills fans, in fact I find them quite entertaining. I'm just anti-happiness for really everyone else in general.

I gotta disagree with hoping they extend Rex.  I think the jury is in for us NYJ fans that Rex is a crappy HC but.....

Rex is also insane and holds grudges and I'm 99% sure that the Jets are on par in his mind with the Pats as teams he lives to beat.  So, Rex will always have his team up for us with blood in his eye.  I don't like having to deal with insane people.   :)   

5 minutes ago, LIJetsFan said:

I gotta disagree with hoping they extend Rex.  I think the jury is in for us NYJ fans that Rex is a crappy HC but.....

Rex is also insane and holds grudges and I'm 99% sure that the Jets are on par in his mind with the Pats as teams he lives to beat.  So, Rex will always have his team up for us with blood in his eye.  I don't like having to deal with insane people.   :)   

Not married huh?

7 hours ago, Jet Nut said:

How about you GFY?  You're the idiot who changed your story and then get pissy?   You're one of the who rambles on e Internet and gets shltty when you're called out?  

Grow up already.  Learn the definition of integrity. 

I don't know what the personal comments have to do with this.

You jumped all over my sh*t saying I said something, that I've illustrated several times I didn't.

Case closed.

24 minutes ago, LIJetsFan said:

One thing that drove me mad with Rex all his years here was his talk not matching his walk ... how many times after a mistake ridden loss did we hear "we gotta get that sorted, we will get that sorted"?

So it really made me roll my eyes when I saw this from Rex after the Colts game (where Buffalo had 11 penalties) :

"The mistakes that we made, as I pointed out to our team, it's like we've got to turn the page on that," Ryan said, via The Buffalo News. "That was last year's team, and we can't have that."

Same ole Rex ... no discipline, no intention of ever having any, just empty words about fixing it. In my mind, Buffalo can have him forever, because once we sort out the X's and O's side of the games vs. Buffalo, Bowles and his disciplined approach will beat Rex and his insane / grudge / blood in his eye approach far more often than not.

We saw this so often with Rex here and playing the Patsies, however well we matched them on talent / scheme, the mistakes and lack of discipline would ultimately be the Jets downfall.

8 hours ago, Jet Nut said:

How about you GFY?  You're the idiot who changed your story and then get pissy?   You're one of the who rambles on e Internet and gets shltty when you're called out?  

Grow up already.  Learn the definition of integrity. 

If you have a disagreement over money and during that disagreement the other person concludes that you should be punched in the face because they dont like what you said, that isnt a sound decision no matter how you slice it. Feeling that way is one thing, doing it is another.

This entire debate/argument is laced with favoritism. If Geno Smith was liked no excuses would be made for IK's action. If Geno Smith was a winning franchise QB, no excuses would be made for IK's action. If any of those were the case the FIRST THING we would have seen from fans is how quickly they would have said "I dont care what the problem was, you dont hit the quarterback", as well as being able to quickly dig up IK's past assault history, explaining how he not only assaulted "our quarterback" in a professional environment but he assaulted a police officer, and then would have used all of the information possible to show how stupid and a thug IK was...from as far left as jeopardizing his career and the teams season over $600 to as far right as the Front Office dropping the ball drafting a guy with this type of history. Geno isnt liked and he isnt a franchise QB so there's no consequence in having this current reaction from fans. 

l've seen plenty of situations where people threatened someone who owed them money. Stating that Geno said "And you're not going to do anything" really needs to be put within the context of the argument/disagreement. What did IK say prior? Was he "cool, calm and collected" while Geno was acting like Debo getting off his bicycle, thuggin' it in the locker room? Feeling like Geno was wrong for not paying what he felt like he didnt owe while at the same time feeling like he handled the verbal argument poorly doesnt justify violence. Using a half told story in order to set the narrative supporting violence simply because we dont "like a guy" is unfortunately our society in a nutshell. 

This is the worst. 

47 minutes ago, ScarletKnight89 said:

The Bills are very similar to us. Pretty good defense with a great D-Line, and playmakers on Offense. The QB needs to do what he did last year for them to have a chance.

I can see the Bills winning anywhere from 8-10 games.

I can see the bills winning anywhere from 4 to 11.

30 minutes ago, jgb said:

I can see the bills winning anywhere from 4 to 11.

Way to go out on a limb there. :)

Actually,  I agree that because of their injuries, hot & child coaching and pretty good talent, their season lacks predictability.

Just now, Dcat said:

Way to go out on a limb there. :)

Actually,  I agree that because of their injuries, hot & child coaching and pretty good talent, their season lacks predictability.

It's the Rex effect. All depends on when he loses the locker room.

Just now, joewilly12 said:

Has he ever had control of any locker room in his entire coaching career. 

When times are good under Rex he can generally keep the good vibes flowing. But first sign of adversity and his teams devour themselves.

Not surprised I havent seen this around these parts. You know, because having a history of violence is disregarded when its against someone you dont like so there's no need to show the violent tendency. 

This also shows how ridiculous of a coach Rex Ryan is. He drafted a guy with a violent history (people make mistakes and can change), however, this guy ends up breaking the jaw of a former player on his former team and Rex's first instinct is to "sign him" days later. Exactly one year later IK throws a punch at one of his CURRENT players. 

I guess everyone that IK throws punches at deserves it. 

IK Enemkpali throws punch at teammate exactly one year after decking Geno Smith

Talk about unusual timing

Bills linebacker IK Enemkpali recognizes that it will hard for him to ever live down punching former teammate Geno Smith.
Jason Rowan / Sportress of Blogitude / Yardbarker

Bills linebacker IK Enemkpali celebrated the one-year anniversary of him infamously breaking the jaw of former New York Jets teammate Geno Smith by taking a swing at a teammate during Bills practice Thursday.

Enemkpali, who punched Smith last Aug. 11 reportedly over $600, fought with Bills offensive tackle Cyrus Kouandjio.

It appears neither player was injured in the scrap, unlike a year ago. Smith missed a little more than a month with the broken jaw and was supplanted by Ryan Fitzpatrick as Jets starting quarterback.

New York eventually cut Enemkpali, who was then picked up by the Bills and former Jets head coach Rex Ryan last August. Smith recently called the incident with Enemkpali a "life-defining" moment.

2 hours ago, Villain The Foe said:

If you have a disagreement over money and during that disagreement the other person concludes that you should be punched in the face because they dont like what you said, that isnt a sound decision no matter how you slice it. Feeling that way is one thing, doing it is another.

This entire debate/argument is laced with favoritism. If Geno Smith was liked no excuses would be made for IK's action. If Geno Smith was a winning franchise QB, no excuses would be made for IK's action. If any of those were the case the FIRST THING we would have seen from fans is how quickly they would have said "I dont care what the problem was, you dont hit the quarterback", as well as being able to quickly dig up IK's past assault history, explaining how he not only assaulted "our quarterback" in a professional environment but he assaulted a police officer, and then would have used all of the information possible to show how stupid and a thug IK was...from as far left as jeopardizing his career and the teams season over $600 to as far right as the Front Office dropping the ball drafting a guy with this type of history. Geno isnt liked and he isnt a franchise QB so there's no consequence in having this current reaction from fans. 

l've seen plenty of situations where people threatened someone who owed them money. Stating that Geno said "And you're not going to do anything" really needs to be put within the context of the argument/disagreement. What did IK say prior? Was he "cool, calm and collected" while Geno was acting like Debo getting off his bicycle, thuggin' it in the locker room? Feeling like Geno was wrong for not paying what he felt like he didnt owe while at the same time feeling like he handled the verbal argument poorly doesnt justify violence. Using a half told story in order to set the narrative supporting violence simply because we dont "like a guy" is unfortunately our society in a nutshell. 

This is the worst. 

Fyi ... Saying you'll attend football camp to teach kids, having the other guy buy your ticket to get there, then not showing up is much more d**shbag than disagreement

6 minutes ago, ljr said:

Fyi ... Saying you'll attend football camp to teach kids, having the other guy buy your ticket to get there, then not showing up is much more d**shbag than disagreement

FYI pretending like you know the actual situation when you dont is meaningless. You also completely left out (like most of the coverage of this travesty) Geno's alleged statement on WHY he didnt show up. 

But anyway, I'd rather let another football player explain it. 

How Certain are We That Geno Smith Actually Owed IK Enemkpali Money?

Geno Smith Jets QB

Geno Smith Jets QB

One thing that has been reported as almost a given over the last day, in the Geno Smith saga, is that Smith owed IK Enemkpali money. That appears to be based on a $600 plane ticket that Enemkpali purchased for Smith to attend a football camp in Plugerville, Texas, that Smith did not attend.

[Related: Geno Smith Put His Finger in IK Enemkpali’s Face, then Got Punched]

I asked this question internally from a legal perspective, and then former Jets tight end Anthony Becht offered a practical take.

I’m not sure that Enemkpali would have had a claim in a court of law, absent something in writing that Geno Smith would reimburse him for a ticket if he did not attend. (And yes, this would have made a great People’s Court case).

Think about it this way. Smith wasn’t apparently expected to pay a dime to come to the camp. That was a sunk cost by Enemkpali as part of putting on a camp. Yet Smith’s expected to then pay for not attending? It would appear that Smith did not use the ticket. As Becht says, that’s why you get refundable tickets (the other option would be to have the player purchase the ticket and reimburse on arrival).

Yeah, the reason that Smith didn’t attend might play into emotions. (We’ve heard a funeral, versus, who knows, whatever speculation about Smith not coming you want to throw out). But I’m not sure it’s accurate to jump to Smith failing to pay a debt, and Becht’s account would suggest that’s not the practice. That anything legally was owed is certainly not clear.

8 minutes ago, Villain The Foe said:

FYI pretending like you know the actual situation when you dont is meaningless. You also completely left out (like most of the coverage of this travesty) Geno's alleged statement on WHY he didnt show up. 

But anyway, I'd rather let another football player explain it. 

How Certain are We That Geno Smith Actually Owed IK Enemkpali Money?

Geno Smith Jets QB

Geno Smith Jets QB

One thing that has been reported as almost a given over the last day, in the Geno Smith saga, is that Smith owed IK Enemkpali money. That appears to be based on a $600 plane ticket that Enemkpali purchased for Smith to attend a football camp in Plugerville, Texas, that Smith did not attend.

[Related: Geno Smith Put His Finger in IK Enemkpali’s Face, then Got Punched]

I asked this question internally from a legal perspective, and then former Jets tight end Anthony Becht offered a practical take.

I’m not sure that Enemkpali would have had a claim in a court of law, absent something in writing that Geno Smith would reimburse him for a ticket if he did not attend. (And yes, this would have made a great People’s Court case).

Think about it this way. Smith wasn’t apparently expected to pay a dime to come to the camp. That was a sunk cost by Enemkpali as part of putting on a camp. Yet Smith’s expected to then pay for not attending? It would appear that Smith did not use the ticket. As Becht says, that’s why you get refundable tickets (the other option would be to have the player purchase the ticket and reimburse on arrival).

Yeah, the reason that Smith didn’t attend might play into emotions. (We’ve heard a funeral, versus, who knows, whatever speculation about Smith not coming you want to throw out). But I’m not sure it’s accurate to jump to Smith failing to pay a debt, and Becht’s account would suggest that’s not the practice. That anything legally was owed is certainly not clear.

So according to Becht is ok to be a d**shbag and stiff someone a $600 plane ticket fee when you don't show up at a kids camp you'd committed to go to if you're a football player ... Because other football players are d**shbags too???

lolololol ... Thanks for clearing that up !

Just now, ljr said:

So according to Becht is ok to be a d**shbag and stiff someone a $600 plane ticket fee when you don't show up at a kids camp you'd committed to go to if you're a football player ... Because other football players are d**shbags too???

No problem. Now move along. 

3 hours ago, Villain The Foe said:

If Geno Smith was a winning franchise QB, no excuses would be made for IK's action.

He's not.

Again, I think they're both back-end roster bums, both idiots. This really isn't a debate, as I said earlier, because it's a clash between hearsay (Geno said this...) and hyperbole (comments like yours that I've quoted). 

The knows are as follows: 

• Geno owed Ik money and blew off the event
  • Ik said something to Geno
  • Geno said something back
  • Ik punched him and broke his face
  • Ik assaulted Geno, from a legal standpoint
  • Geno did not press charges
  • The coach, and influential veterans, put it on both of them

My personal take on the situation:

• They are replaceable level talents, and both idiots
  • I would have cut them both, but understand why Geno was retained given our QB situation
  • Ik is lucky Geno didn't press charges
  • Ik didn't deserve a spot on another roster so quickly, but Rex is a doofus

Reality here is that some people are using the punch as supplemental rhetoric for the "who should be the starter" debate... which also stopped being a real debate, when it got boiled down to straw man arguments, hyperbole and denying facts in favor of opinions.

You're a good fan. Before I started breaking your chops over the summer over this stuff, my message to you was basically don't invest emotionally in a never-was bum. It's one thing to have high hopes for Geno, but an entirely different thing to bear the cross of defending every criticism that gets pointed at him... deservedly and undeservedly. I give you credit for the tenacity, but dude... 

8 minutes ago, ljr said:

Wasn't it reported Geno Smith's close friend of a family member died and that was the reason he didnt attend.

Archived