Hmmm Da Bills

Charlie Brown

5 minutes ago, AFJF said:

One was a meh QB, the other was a likely PS LBer....the meh QB wins that every time in today's NFL.

This is my last post on this nonsense of IK, and Geno.  I am shifting my attention to the Geno vs Petty battle that IMO is starting to get real.

Bowles IMO has the authority to go to Mac/Woody to say listen I cut this IK guy for punching someone.  I do not think he has the authority to go to Mac/Woody, and say oh by the way I told Geno he was going to be cut for acting childish, and even if Geno threw the first punch Bowles would have had to go through both Mac/Woody IMO, and they would have made that decision.  And IMO they would not have cut Geno if he was the one who threw the punch, AGAIN IMO.

• Replies 318
  • Created
  • Last Reply
Just now, Jet Nut said:

I said you're saying that Bowles said they're equally at fault.  And Bowles never said that they were equally at fault.  It was tit for tat up until IK decided to get violent and punch Geno.  No matter how many ways you twist the words. 

As the saying goes, "Da' Nile isn't just a river in Egypt".

4 minutes ago, AFJF said:

One was a meh QB, the other was a likely PS LBer....the meh QB wins that every time in today's NFL.

That QB was the starting QB at the time.  And quickly you went from deferong to Bowles words to the QB wins every time.  So now the coaches words are meaningless. 

5 minutes ago, AFJF said:

We don't know what it was...the team chose not to release any details.

If thats the case then how is it that you can say in one breath that the fault was equal then in another breath that the team chose not to release any details? 

If they didnt release any details then how do you know that there was equal fault here? All you know like the rest of us is that one player ended up in the hospital and the other was just fine. 

I respect your opinon, but you have to atleast understand how this sounds right now. 

4 minutes ago, Villain The Foe said:

If thats the case then how is it that you can say in one breath that the fault was equal then in another breath that the team chose not to release any details? 

If they didnt release any details then how do you now that there was equal fault here? All you know like the rest of us is that one player ended up in the hospital and the other was just fine. 

I respect your opinon, but you have to atleast understand how this sounds right now. 

Because that's what Bowles said.  He was only willing to say that both guys were at fault.  Revis said the same thing.

"I hold both of them responsible," Revis said of Geno Smith and IK Enemkpali, whose locker room scuffle resulted in a broken jaw for Smith and Enemkpali's release. "Just how it all played out at the end when you gather all the information, but at the same time, you gotta move forward. There's nothing really to harp on no more."

Bowles and Revis' know what happened, they both said both parties bore some responsibility.  Good enough for me.

5 minutes ago, Jet Nut said:

Odd, you deferred to the team. 

Yes, I deferred to the team saying both parties were at fault.  Exactly what Geno did was kept under wraps as it should have been.  Of course it was leaked later that he told IK that he "wasn't going to do anything"....but he was wrong...IK did something.

3 minutes ago, AFJF said:

Because that's what Bowles said.  He was only willing to say that both guys were at fault.  Revis said the same thing.

"I hold both of them responsible," Revis said of Geno Smith and IK Enemkpali, whose locker room scuffle resulted in a broken jaw for Smith and Enemkpali's release. "Just how it all played out at the end when you gather all the information, but at the same time, you gotta move forward. There's nothing really to harp on no more."

Bowles and Revis' know what happened, they both said both parties bore some responsibility.  Good enough for me.

He held both of them responsible for the situation. Let me put it like this then. Bowles and the Jets could have reserved that information and kept it under wraps. However, once IK left and went to the Bills he didnt have that responsibility given that he wasnt a Jet. IK held a press conference that was aired everywhere. IK never said that Geno touched him, not even in an effort to justify what he himself did. On top of the fact that no "anonymous player" leaked that information to the press. 

How do you explain that? 

Just now, Villain The Foe said:

He held both of them responsible for the situation. Let me put it like this then. Bowles and the Jets could have reserved that information and kept it under wraps. However, once IK left and went to the Bills he didnt have that responsibility given that he wasnt a Jet. IK held a press conference that was aired everywhere. IK never said that Geno touched him, not even in an effort to justify what he himself did. 

How do you explain that? 

Pretty easy, really.  Even if Geno was asking to get punched in the face, it's a bad look for a professional organization.  Any FO with an ounce of common sense is going to have a player address it head on, apologize and move forward to get it in the rear view.  They're not going to tell him to go up there and drag it out longer by giving out every detail.

2 minutes ago, AFJF said:

Yes, I deferred to the team saying both parties were at fault.  Exactly what Geno did was kept under wraps as it should have been.  Of course it was leaked later that he told IK that he "wasn't going to do anything"....but he was wrong...IK did something.

You dont know what was kept under wraps, if anything. You're insinuating here. You're making hypotheticals. Not going into details doesnt mean that you kept things under wraps. It just means that you're not going to make your organization more of a circus than what it already was given the incident. 

You're a smart man AFJF so I know that you know this. 

Now, if you fellas don't mind, I saw the thread, I provided the exact comment/quote from Bowles that somebody said they'd never seen before, and now I'm going to go talk football somewhere.

All the best.

6 minutes ago, AFJF said:

Pretty easy, really.  Even if Geno was asking to get punched in the face, it's a bad look for a professional organization.  Any FO with an ounce of common sense is going to have a player address it head on, apologize and move forward to get it in the rear view.  They're not going to tell him to go up there and drag it out longer by giving out every detail.

So in otherwords, you're guessing that this could have happened, not that this actually happened and that this is actually what both the Jets and the Bills organization did. 

This is called "A stretch". But I understand, because like I said earlier, fans must make this out to be equal in order for their continuous attacks for over a year on Geno to seem justified. 

My opinion. 

27 minutes ago, Jet Nut said:

And if he did taunt him, said you won't do anything about it then it becomes ok?  

Nah, not justifying it

I seriously don't know what you're reading.

i said it makes them both idiots. It's not a justification of anything. I'm sorry I don't take the time to idiot-proof everything I say. You'll have to trust that I was only referring to the social sensibilities end of this, given that the legal end is pretty obvious.

5 minutes ago, Integrity28 said:

i said it makes them both idiots. It's not a justification of anything. I'm sorry I don't take the time to idiot-proof everything I say. You'll have to trust that I was only referring to the social sensibilities end of this, given that the legal end is pretty obvious.

This is exactly what someone who justifies violence would say.

1 hour ago, drdetroit said:

Can we actually win a game against Rex before we start acting like we are in such a better position?

The games against Rex carry 1/8th of the regular season importance.

the games not against Rex carry 7/8ths of the regular season importance.

the cumulative result of all of that is why we are in such a better position

OMG ... Finally muddled through all the Genophiles trying to pretend Geno did nothing wrong ... You all are hysterical!

it's identical to the Pats fans trying to justify their cheating

news for you all ... Just because deflating your saggy balls may not be as bad as Ray Rice-Ing women or Johnny Footballing brewskis, or (inset Eagles O-lineman name) roiding himself out for 10 games .... DOES NOT MAKE IT OK!

Geno did bad

IK did worse

IK doing worse does not mean Geno did not do bad

Sheeeesh

1 hour ago, AFJF said:

Again...he's in no position to publicly condone violence.  He was asked who was at fault and he said it was "tit for tat".  That's all I've been saying.  I don't recall saying he deserved to be punched in the face.  Did I say that?

Again, make up your mind.  You claimed you weren't there and would defer to Bowles.  Then when everyone points out that Bowles didn't say they were equally at fault you're going to try and convince us that Bowles can't tell the truth?  That his loyalty was to Geno?  Why, they were both NY Jets.  Makes absolutely no sensidea.  And now you're stuck on tit for tat.  Which says nothing about an assault being the fault of both men. 

I just can't believe that no matter how wrong the argument, people can't say, my bad. Because in no way, no one would ever deduce that Bowles is saying they were equally at fault.  That's without his other statement stating that no man is allowed to punch another man in the face.  So you can stick to your story.  Not buying it though   

19 minutes ago, ljr said:

OMG ... Finally muddled through all the Genophiles trying to pretend Geno did nothing wrong ... You all are hysterical!

it's identical to the Pats fans trying to justify their cheating

news for you all ... Just because deflating your saggy balls may not be as bad as Ray Rice-Ing women or Johnny Footballing brewskis, or (inset Eagles O-lineman name) roiding himself out for 10 games .... DOES NOT MAKE IT OK!

Geno did bad

IK did worse

IK doing worse does not mean Geno did not do bad

Sheeeesh

Honestly, I cant find anywhere where anyone said that Geno did nothing wrong. I cant even find anywhere where people even insinuated it. What I see is that people (those you call Genophiles) are making a clear distinction between a disagreement and someone within that disagreement taking it to a completely different level that was beyond necessary. 

Whats with the name calling? 

56 minutes ago, Integrity28 said:

mayne you should be more careful before hitting submit instead of thinking it ne dead to be idiot-proof.  Because claiming that Geno taunted IK so he's at fault doesn't refer to social sensibilities.  It points to someone who committed an assault.  Period. 

1 minute ago, Villain The Foe said:

Honestly, I cant find anywhere where anyone said that Geno did nothing wrong. I cant even find anywhere where people even insinuated it. What I see is that people (those you call Genophiles) are making a clear distinction between a disagreement and someone within that disagreement taking it to a completely different level that was beyond necessary. 

Whats with the name calling? 

Let me start from the bottom ... As that feels appropriate when discussing Geno.

i am simply lumping you Geno supporters into an easy to say term ... Not name calling  ... What term would you prefer I use?

Maybe "Geno's Myhero's " ?

you and your friends are trying to ignore that Geno did wrong by bogging down everything with the levels of wrong IK did.

IK is a marginally talented POS and got what he deserved ... WHO IS SAYING GENO's FAULT IS AS BAD AS  IK's ? Certainly AFJF was not ... Despite about 20 posts from "Geno's Myhero's" trying to pretend he did.

what is being responded to you all is that Geno did wrong ... Open your eyes and reread all the comments ... You are not as blind on other subjects as some of your friends here... IK did worse ... Geno still did bad. Nobody is saying different. Period. the End.

49 minutes ago, Jet Nut said:

mayne you should be more careful before hitting submit instead of thinking it ne dead to be idiot-proof.  Because claiming that Geno taunted IK so he's at fault doesn't refer to social sensibilities.  It points to someone who committed an assault.  Period. 

Nope.

Never said Geno was at fault. I said they are both idiots. That is the social side of it.

You are chastising me, because you don't understand. How about STFU?

Just now, jgb said:

It's unbelievable that this debate is still a thing

It, like most debates here, is perpetuated by dim bulbs superimposing counter-arguments that set up their redundant rebuttals. They basically argue with themselves while the rest of us point out what the conversation was actually about.

1 hour ago, Integrity28 said:

Nope.

Never said Geno was at fault. I said they are both idiots. That is the social side of it.

You are chastising me, because you don't understand. How about STFU?

How about you GFY?  You're the idiot who changed your story and then get pissy?   You're one of the who rambles on e Internet and gets shltty when you're called out?  

Grow up already.  Learn the definition of integrity. 

1 hour ago, Integrity28 said:

It, like most debates here, is perpetuated by dim bulbs superimposing counter-arguments that set up their redundant rebuttals. They basically argue with themselves while the rest of us point out what the conversation was actually about.

3 minutes ago, Jet Nut said:

How about you GFY?  You're the idiot who changed your story and then get pissy?   You're one of the who rambles on e Internet and gets shltty when you're called out?  

Grow up already.  Learn the definition of integrity. 

:yawn:

4 hours ago, AFJF said:

Again...he's in no position to publicly condone violence.  He was asked who was at fault and he said it was "tit for tat".  That's all I've been saying.  I don't recall saying he deserved to be punched in the face.  Did I say that?

You didn't say that but I when you brought up the both at fault thing it just read kind of funny.

This was a work place assault. IK was fired and if it wasn't for Rex's love of drama, I really believe he never would have been signed again. Both players were equally at fault for their verbal argument and IK was 100% at fault for the assault; that is more accurate in my book.

4 hours ago, AFJF said:

Under a coach like Rex Ryan, that is the formula, absolutely.

Under Todd Bowles who is a Parcells disciple early in his career, he is setting a tone. If Geno was the one who assaulted IK he would have been waived. Bowles is the kind of guy that won't lose a team. Rex has proven that he loses teams consistently. That is why he hasn't been to the playoffs in so long.

4 hours ago, AFJF said:

I agree with Bowles and Revis on the incident.  Both equally at fault.  Entire thing is avoided if Geno just pays the guy his money instead of getting in his face and telling him he won't "do anything".

4 hours ago, AFJF said:

Glenn - these are TWO DIFFERENT THINGS. When two people have a fight there are three versions. Both parties have a version and then there is the truth. That is the case here. So saying that two people who had an argument both have some responsibility is fine.

But when you look at the bigger picture you can't say they have "equal responsibility" when an assault was involved. If you believe your 2nd quote, so do I. They are both at fault for the argument. But I think the strong reaction in this thread is because of your first quote. Which I don't agree with.

2 minutes ago, Maxman said:

Glenn - these are TWO DIFFERENT THINGS. When two people have a fight there are three versions. Both parties have a version and then there is the truth. That is the case here. So saying that two people who had an argument both have some responsibility is fine.

But when you look at the bigger picture you can't say they have "equal responsibility" when an assault was involved. If you believe your 2nd quote, so do I. They are both at fault for the argument. But I think the strong reaction in this thread is because of your first quote. Which I don't agree with.

I believe he was attempting to say, both parties equally have responsibility, ... I interpreted all of his other posts to have a similar take (blame on both sides ... But not inferring Geno's bad was equal to IK's bad) ... Can see how I read it the way I wanted to & others with an opposing POV could read it differently though

1 minute ago, ljr said:

I believe he was attempting to say, both parties equally have responsibility, ... I interpreted all of his other posts to have a similar take (blame on both sides ... But not inferring Geno's bad was equal to IK's bad) ... Can see how I read it the way I wanted to & others with an opposing POV could read it differently though

Yes, I think so to. And I agree both parties have blame in this situation. The best thing that could happen to the Jets is Petty stepping up and beating out Geno, they would have their # 2 locked in and can develop the # 3 while getting everything Fitz has to offer. That said, I am not sure Geno will lose the job. Would be great though.

But Glenn's first quote just read different than the second one, so I was pointing that out.

Archived