Jets need a statement game

Jetster

9 minutes ago, Snell41 said:

12-2 last 14 games, 7-0 at home. It will be a nice win, but this place is going to prematurely implode if we lose to a good team in a tough place to play. This is not an easy game, and KC is favored for good reason.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

Impressive on paper, but look at the match-ups ... those 7 home games were : Chargers * 2, Raiders, Browns, Bills, Lions, Steelers. And before you get overly excited about the Steelers, check out who they had at QB that day. The 7 road games were : Texans (L), Patsies (L), Texans, Ravens (minus Flacco), Raiders, Chargers, Broncos (minus Manning).

28 minutes ago, Snell41 said:

12-2 last 14 games, 7-0 at home. It will be a nice win, but this place is going to prematurely implode if we lose to a good team in a tough place to play. This is not an easy game, and KC is favored for good reason.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

I never said it wouldn't be tough but we have the guys to do it. The Jets have to play a much better team every year on the road in the Patriots. Here's who they beat last year at home. 6-2. 

Lost to Broncos 24-31, lost to Bears 17-18, beat Steelers 23-13, beat Lions, Bills, Chargers, Browns, Raiders.

The QB for the Steelers that day was the immortal Landry Jones ,that was a real murderers row. )-; 

This year they came back vs Chargers (obviously Chargers losing Keenan Allen to a season ending knee injury took a little spring out of the Chargers step), then lost to Texans. I'm sorry if I'm still optimistic that the Jets have a chance in Kansas City.

6 hours ago, Savage69 said:

Mangini had a rough time beating the Pats when he had a healthy Farvre and the Pats had Cassel and he needed overtime to get 1 win then.. If Mangini was so great what's he doing now??

Irrelevant. I was referencing the players he assembled, not his coaching prowess. I believe those same veterans made Mangini look better than he was, same as they did for Rex.

9 hours ago, Lith said:

I agree -- this one would be the statement win that the Jets and Bowles desperately need (thought they had it week 16 against the Pats last year, but that was undone the following week)..  On the road in a tough place to play against a playoff team from last year, these are the type of games you need to be able to win if you want to be considered a contender.

Go into Arrowhead and beat the Chiefs, and I will believe in this team.

Agreed. This will build the contender or pretender argument. KC is very beatable. If we screw the pooch, it's not a good sign for us going forward. Good teams win these games, on the road or not.

Archived