Met Life question - Lower Level seats view

batman10023

hi.  i am looking to go to the game this weekend - looking at lower level seats - is row 8 too low?  Is there a difference between sideline seats and great hall seats?  are there better rows?  8th row i am worried might be too low to get a full view of the stadium.  is the great hall mostly filled with opposing team fans

normally i am in the Mezz section which has a different view.

how crazy are the sideline seats or is it just normal fans.  don't want any crazy drunks ruining our visit  (burbing is okay, farting is a no no)  

thanks

1 hour ago, batman10023 said:

hi.  i am looking to go to the game this weekend - looking at lower level seats - is row 8 too low?  Is there a difference between sideline seats and great hall seats?  are there better rows?  8th row i am worried might be too low to get a full view of the stadium.  is the great hall mostly filled with opposing team fans

how crazy are the sideline seats or is it just normal fans.  don't want any crazy drunks ruining our visit  (burbing is okay, farting is a no no)  

thanks

8 is very low.  Distance perspective is difficult.  I sit in row 16 which is just a little over half way up on the lowers (31 rows).  It's perfect.  Above the rolling camera and very good lateral visibility.  I used to sit up in row 29, which was significantly more distant.  If you get row 16-20 you will feel like you are right on the action and also high up enough to get full goal line to goal line vision.  

Great Hall (139) is between the two 42 yard lines.  Dead center.  137 and 140 are between the 27 and 40. 135 and 142 are between the 12 and 25 yard lines. The far ends of 135 and 142 (near to the 10 yard line) are kind of sucky when the ball is on the other end.  Anything not between at least the 20's is only great when the ball is on your side of the field.

Having had seats in 135, just be aware that they stand practically ALL THE TIME, particularly when it is unnecessary.  I like to stand on big defensive plays.  I don't like to stand on EVERY play which is how it can be at times in 135.  This is not so in 137, where I moved a couple of years ago.  Same for 139.  

1 hour ago, batman10023 said:

thanks

becor_zpsgcmzebmj.jpg

sair_zpsa9cnevfk.jpg

LOL, remember the Bat Corner?  Glad you didn't wind up there.  Then of course we have the traffic jam at the lower level which is what makes it so easy for me to get out to my car and on Route 3 before almost anyone else.

[Just noticed the time/date stamp on the stadium construction webcam.  Boy, does time fly or what?]

SAR I

25 minutes ago, Dcat said:

8 is very low.  Distance perspective is difficult.  I sit in row 16 which is just a little over half way up on the lowers (31 rows).  It's perfect.  Above the rolling camera and very good lateral visibility.  I used to sit up in row 29, which was significantly more distant.  If you get row 16-20 you will feel like you are right on the action and also high up enough to get full goal line to goal line vision.  

Great Hall (139) is between the two 42 yard lines.  Dead center.  137 and 140 are between the 27 and 40. 135 and 142 are between the 12 and 25 yard lines. The far ends of 135 and 142 (near to the 10 yard line) are kind of sucky when the ball is on the other end.  Anything not between at least the 20's is only great when the ball is on your side of the field.

Having had seats in 135, just be aware that they stand practically ALL THE TIME, particularly when it is unnecessary.  I like to stand on big defensive plays.  I don't like to stand on EVERY play which is how it can be at times in 135.  This is not so in 137, where I moved a couple of years ago.  Same for 139.  

thanks DCAT.  yes i don't really want to stand the entire game although it won't be the end of the world given its just for one game.  I will look into the 137/140 section.  These are not club seats correct?  hopefully not TOO much burping and farting.

The great hall sounds like really nice seats.  i think they are more expensive.

Do they still do interviews in the coaches club?

5 minutes ago, batman10023 said:

ha i do remember the bat corner!  time does fly.

i don't have my  seats this year but want to get to a few games.  so figure i would mix it up unless i can get a good price on my old section.

This would be a great game to go to, things may go downhill from here, quickly.

I just sold 2 of my Mezz A seats for $50 above face so you may want to wait until the last minute to score some seats, especially the pricey lower level, you can get some great deals late Saturday or early Sunday.

SAR I

Just now, batman10023 said:

thanks DCAT.  yes i don't really want to stand the entire game although it won't be the end of the world given its just for one game.  I will look into the 137/140 section.  These are not club seats correct?  hopefully not TOO much burping and farting.

The great hall sounds like really nice seats.  i think they are more expensive.

Do they still do interviews in the coaches club?

Great Hall is on Visitor's side of the field.  You have no access to the coaches club, which is on the Jets' side of the field.  You do have access to the Great Hall's very own little bar/club right under it and next to the Jets Shop.  I've never been in it.  137, 139 and 140 have cushioned seats but less leg room than the smaller plastic seats everywhere else.  If you are under 6 feet tall, no worries.  I took my 6'2" brother in law and he felt cramped because of the longer seat cushions in 137.  Great Hall seats are very expensive.  Like $400 per game or something close to that.  137 and 140 are $170/game and every bit as good, just without the bar/club underneath the section.

2 minutes ago, Dcat said:

Great Hall is on Visitor's side of the field.  You have no access to the coaches club, which is on the Jets' side of the field.  You do have access to the Great Hall's very own little bar/club right under it and next to the Jets Shop.  I've never been in it.  137, 139 and 140 have cushioned seats but less leg room than the smaller plastic seats everywhere else.  If you are under 6 feet tall, no worries.  I took my 6'2" brother in law and he felt cramped because of the longer seat cushions in 137.  Great Hall seats are very expensive.  Like $400 per game or something close to that.  137 and 140 are $170/game and every bit as good, just without the bar/club underneath the section.

i easily clear 6 feet as my wife reminds me often.

i think 137 seats are about 250 or so in the secondary market.  GH seats are around 350.  so an extra 100 bucks for slightly better view and access to the little bar/club.

yes, i know GH doesn't have access to coaches club but it might be fun to do it once.

31 minutes ago, SAR I said:

becor_zpsgcmzebmj.jpg

sair_zpsa9cnevfk.jpg

LOL, remember the Bat Corner?  Glad you didn't wind up there.  Then of course we have the traffic jam at the lower level which is what makes it so easy for me to get out to my car and on Route 3 before almost anyone else.

[Just noticed the time/date stamp on the stadium construction webcam.  Boy, does time fly or what?]

SAR I

No, that's the giddy-up on your '97 Beamer

11 minutes ago, batman10023 said:

i easily clear 6 feet as my wife reminds me often.

i think 137 seats are about 250 or so in the secondary market.  GH seats are around 350.  so an extra 100 bucks for slightly better view and access to the little bar/club.

yes, i know GH doesn't have access to coaches club but it might be fun to do it once.

Be sure to come by 137 row 16 seats 9-11 to say hi.  We like to get in at least 10 minutes or more before the National Anthem.  

can i get coaches club seats for sub 400 bucks?

Yes

Be patient. I found 2 coaches club seats for season opener at @ $250 each the night before the game. If you aren't in any hurry, wait. I gurantee you, if you sit in front of computer on Saturday night and Sunday morning, you will get Mezz Club seats for under $100 each and Coaches Club under $300 each. patience and constant checking is the key. 

Just now, SAR I said:

Wow, learned something new, had no idea about Redd's.  Very cool.

SAR I

I used them a few times SAR. I strongly recommend. If you aren't planning on Tailgating and find a ticket last minute, they are the best alternative. Their shuttle works decently and you can get to your car anytime even if you decide to leave the game early. 

43 minutes ago, Fibonacci said:

You would be right if it weren't raining. Pick another game my friend. :)

Ugh, hoping for the best, I can deal with heat, I can deal with cold, but I'm not a fan of the rain-  though it keeps the bird poop off the BMW.

SAR I

3 minutes ago, Fibonacci said:

I used them a few times SAR. I strongly recommend. If you aren't planning on Tailgating and find a ticket last minute, they are the best alternative. Their shuttle works decently and you can get to your car anytime even if you decide to leave the game early. 

So my eldest son is off at college and he'll call me last-minute and tell me he can make the game but I only have 1 parking pass.  So he'll drive the 2 hours, come back to our house, jumps in my car, etc. but that costs him a lot of extra time.  With Redd's Restaurant and Bar In The Heart Of The Meadowlands®  he can drive to/from the game which will be very good for him.

Thanks again for mentioning it.

SAR I

4 minutes ago, SAR I said:

So my eldest son is off at college and he'll call me last-minute and tell me he can make the game but I only have 1 parking pass.  So he'll drive the 2 hours, come back to our house, jumps in my car, etc. but that costs him a lot of extra time.  With Redd's Restaurant and Bar In The Heart Of The Meadowlands®  he can drive to/from the game which will be very good for him.

Thanks again for mentioning it.

SAR I

redds had a good pre game meal in the past

fyi you can just buy him a parking pass  as well on the hub or nfl exchange for 20 bucks

3 hours ago, batman10023 said:

thanks

row 8 is not too low -it is elevated above the field. I have row one

4 hours ago, Fibonacci said:

Yes

Be patient. I found 2 coaches club seats for season opener at @ $250 each the night before the game. If you aren't in any hurry, wait. I gurantee you, if you sit in front of computer on Saturday night and Sunday morning, you will get Mezz Club seats for under $100 each and Coaches Club under $300 each. patience and constant checking is the key. 

how is coaches club seats?  do they still do the press conferences there?

44 minutes ago, batman10023 said:

how is coaches club seats?  do they still do the press conferences there?

They are wider than the Mezz Club seats and pretty comfy. Don't really know about the press conference. I didn't stay till the end. Maybe if you wait you can find out. Here is a youtube clip from inside the club. It was pretty crowded in my case as well. 

@Maxman

How was your Redd's shuttle ride that made you say this? :)

2 hours ago, Fibonacci said:

They are wider than the Mezz Club seats and pretty comfy. Don't really know about the press conference. I didn't stay till the end. Maybe if you wait you can find out. Here is a youtube clip from inside the club. It was pretty crowded in my case as well. 

@Maxman

Thanks.  Is food free in there?

2 hours ago, Fibonacci said:

@Maxman

You don't look at all what I expected. 

Thanks.  Is food free in there?

Food and alcohol is free. Never been to Great Hall Club(Section 139) but over there only food and non-alcoholic beverages are free. Coaches Club is the real deal but sticker price per game is $700. If you can find a ticket under $300 jump on it. This Sunday weather report calls for Thunderstorm so I expect prices go down significantly. Don't buy until Saturday night or Sunday morning. 

3 minutes ago, Fibonacci said:

Food and alcohol is free. Never been to Great Hall Club(Section 139) but over there only food and non-alcoholic beverages are free. Coaches Club is the real deal but sticker price per game is $700. If you can find a ticket under $300 jump on it. This Sunday weather report calls for Thunderstorm so I expect prices go down significantly. Don't buy until Saturday night or Sunday morning. 

That's what I am thinking. Probably pay 350. Or might just do great hall if I can get one tomorrow at a decent price. 

Babysitter is set up so now I just need tickets. 

Archived