SMC

Your 2016-2017 New York Knicks Thread!!!

On 8/23/2017 at 2:08 PM, SMC said:

Great trade for the Cavs and they can still flip the Nets No. 1 at the trade deadline if necessary.

People lauding the Celts, but they just traded a guy who played for them the day after his sister was killed.  As someone said on Twitter, no one should complain about loyalty ever again in the NBA.

I disagree with the notion that Kyrie is overrated.  But the problem is that in 2 years he's gone and they just gave up a top-3 pick for him.

Kyrie plays no defense and has like a .380 winning percentage in games without Lebron James.  The Celtics are still the second best team in the East after Cleveland and got the best player in the draft in Tatum but Irving isn't this incredible PG the media makes him out to be

Registered members do not see this ad. Click here to create your free account today.
Registered members do not see this ad. Click here to create your free account today.
19 hours ago, thadude said:

Celtics got raped.  Irving is overrated the nets pick is a lock for top 3 next year

Haha.  Thanks for the hot take, Koby Altman.  

12 hours ago, SMC said:

Frank and Timmy working out together!

I know it's an empty gym, but Frank looks great.  He is going to be a really good player.  

On 8/28/2017 at 8:58 AM, AFCEastFan said:

I know it's an empty gym, but Frank looks great.  He is going to be a really good player.  

Frank has looked good.  Here, Frank (all black) has teamed up with Timmy (blue socks) and Hoodie Melo (white socks/shoes) in Melo's gym in Manhattan

With the Pacers and Bulls both blowing it up and rebuilding the knicks actually have a legitimate shot of making the playoffs this year.  A conventional offense will help KP the only thing is Hornacek needs to setup the rotation so Melo and KP are on the floor as little time as possible together.

On 8/29/2017 at 0:27 PM, RutgersJetFan said:

I too think these guys look great playing against nobody.

They're playing against eachother but ok

On 8/28/2017 at 7:58 AM, AFCEastFan said:

The media is going to dog the knicks all year long over Dennis Smith who will win rookie of the year but I still think Frank long-term will be as good or better.  Besides his defense and range I really like his jump shot

2 hours ago, Philc1 said:

The media is going to dog the knicks all year long over Dennis Smith who will win rookie of the year but I still think Frank long-term will be as good or better.  Besides his defense and range I really like his jump shot

I like Smith, but he's no lock for ROY.  There were a lot of good prospects drafted this year who can produce because of the situation they're in.

As for Ntilikina, the media keeps overlooking the fact that he's taller, longer and younger than Smith and has been playing against grown ass men for the last couple of years.  There's a smoothness to his game. 

On 9/1/2017 at 0:33 PM, SMC said:

I like Smith, but he's no lock for ROY.  There were a lot of good prospects drafted this year who can produce because of the situation they're in.

As for Ntilikina, the media keeps overlooking the fact that he's taller, longer and younger than Smith and has been playing against grown ass men for the last couple of years.  There's a smoothness to his game. 

The NBA wants Lonzo Ball to be the face of the league so I could see him winning ROY even if he doesn't deserve it.

The same media which bashed the Porzingis pick to high heavens is now bashing the Ntilikina pick before he even plays in a preseason game.

BTW, I've been catching Eurobasket online with the live stream and Latvia is a fun team to watch.  They're a good underdog story.  They're currently leading Turkey in their Group finale (both teams are making it to knockout round), but this is a big game because the loser faces Spain in the 1st round.

Great Eurobasket for KP, even with loss to the superior Slovenian team.  First time he was Batman on a good team and he led them to the Final 8.

Luka Doncic for Slovenian is the real deal.  Only 18 years old (he'll be 19 next February) he's been playing for Real Madrid in La Liga since 16.  He's a top 3 pick in next year's draft.

At 6'7 he has good size for a guard and he can dribble with both hands, but there's doubts he could be a primary ball handler.  Perfect SG, but unless he grows a little it will be hard to shift him to SF in small lineups.

On 9/11/2017 at 2:03 PM, SMC said:

KP looks thicker.  Think he can play some Center next season?  Knicks need him to if Anthony is still on the roster

1 hour ago, Philc1 said:

KP looks thicker.  Think he can play some Center next season?  Knicks need him to if Anthony is still on the roster

He cant rebound.

On ‎9‎/‎12‎/‎2017 at 7:38 PM, Matt39 said:

He cant rebound.

Rebounding is overrated.  Knicks have Willy for that. 

Plus, rebounding has nothing to do with D.  For instance, Jokic averaged 9.8 boards last year, but was one of the worst defensive big men in the NBA.

You need elite rim protection and, based on the metrics, KP provides that.