Movie Madness 2 - Confusing Counterparts

Pac

18 minutes ago, Dicetosser said:

for me im thinking smash town because of how his threat and then the action played out. I don't see scum being quite that brazen   except maybe tommy in my experience.

This is why I'm voting DPR over Smash, in addition to Smash is a blockhead and completely illogical, all the time. 

I'm just going to repeat this so maybe it sinks in.

DPR claims to have 3 scum in hand right now.  Ape, Smash and now somehow I'm on Ape's "team" even though we've seen nothing to suggest there are teams other than Pac ran game once with teams.  

Oh yeah, of those 3 scum he's got in hand, he's not voting any of them or putting any pressure to lynch them.

Yep.  That's happening. 

2 minutes ago, JiF said:

So you've got 3 scum now and your not voting any of them.

noted. 

I've got Smash down for panicking at L-5, claiming a shot at Ape, shortly followed by mod confirmation that a shot was fired and failed.

I've got Ape down for accusing me of spinning theories while he's actually spinning theories, and my opinion that his game has been weak so far. He's also very obviously in diarrhea-of-the-mouth mode, but without any emotional attachment to it. IMO, we should have seen an Ape meltdown by now, but he seems to have things under control. That's a scum Ape in my book.

I've got AVM as the first player that pinged me and his meltdown yesterday.

And I called you out for following along with Ape.

That's it. And I'm cool with using our time to turn over more stones.

7 minutes ago, JiF said:

DPR claims to have 3 scum in hand right now.  Ape, Smash and now somehow I'm on Ape's "team" even though we've seen nothing to suggest there are teams other than Pac ran game once with teams.  

Oh yeah, of those 3 scum he's got in hand, he's not voting any of them or putting any pressure to lynch them.

Yep.  That's happening. 

Now you're just being a baby. You're not going to go all emo again are you?

32 minutes ago, JiF said:

OMGUS and Momma jokes?  Damn dude.  Feeling really good about my vote. 

You're literally right now, telling us you have 2 scum but you're doing the dosey doe with inactives?  GTFO - you're awful at this game. 

Any possibility that DPR is the one that was hobbled, and the result is that he can't vote anyone that has a train? I'd have to look, but by going after inactives is he always the first vote on someone?

I guess it will be called more tinfoil hatting, or whatever.

3 minutes ago, JiF said:

How is recapping your scummy behavior being a baby? 

Because you're going emo over it, and making it up as you go. Let's analyze this mother****er:

Emo emphasis prepping for max emo return. 

Nope. I never hard claimed this at all. I've been very clear about my leanings and reasoning and JiF is knowingly blowing all of that out of proportion. Truth is, nobody has hard claimed anything in this game yet and everything we've all said is speculation until otherwise. This is obvious. 

Yep.  That's happening. 

I've been very clear about my votes. As it stands, we have some information, but I need more before pieces start falling into place. My votes today have been made to stimulate conversation - pure and simple. And I've said as much the whole time.

It's also not lost on me that my attempt to stimulate that conversation seems to have stalled out with my current vote on BG. Instead of any analysis of his play, we have an Ape and Jif combo keeping the light on me, letting the inactives stay inactive. Just sayin'. 

What else you got Poncho? 

30 minutes ago, JiF said:

This is why I'm voting DPR over Smash, in addition to Smash is a blockhead and completely illogical, all the time. 

Yes, but does Smash lie "all the time"?

When he's town, I know him to be obstinate, illogical in a weird 'how it's framed in his mind' way, but still someone cooperative and capable of considering how town or scum would do things. In this case, he's been reactionary, sewn narrative, ignored tangible facts, and outright lied.

It's different than "the usual" to me. Don't care about the "would he be this brazen as scum" angle. I think bad logic, narratives and lies outweight meta like that.

1 minute ago, Integrity28 said:

Any possibility that DPR is the one that was hobbled, and the result is that he can't vote anyone that has a train? I'd have to look, but by going after inactives is he always the first vote on someone?

This is tinfoil hatting.

I have not and am not claiming any hobbling or any other circumstances you can whip up to try and discredit me.

You know who tries to discredit people through the back door, dontcha. 

When he's town, I know him to be obstinate, illogical in a weird 'how it's framed in his mind' way, but still someone cooperative and capable of considering how town or scum would do things. In this case, he's been reactionary, sewn narrative, ignored tangible facts, and outright lied.

It's different than "the usual" to me. Don't care about the "would he be this brazen as scum" angle. I think bad logic, narratives and lies outweight meta like that.

So what you're saying is that you have a feeling about him? What a joke.

You are a complete mess this game. 

21 minutes ago, D P R said:

I've got Smash down for panicking at L-5, claiming a shot at Ape, shortly followed by mod confirmation that a shot was fired and failed.

I've got Ape down for accusing me of spinning theories while he's actually spinning theories, and my opinion that his game has been weak so far. He's also very obviously in diarrhea-of-the-mouth mode, but without any emotional attachment to it. IMO, we should have seen an Ape meltdown by now, but he seems to have things under control. That's a scum Ape in my book.

So, you're going to continue to ignore Smash being caught in lies - even thought I made them plain as day to see?

You are pushing set theories, regardless of whether I pondered if you were working with Smash. Me wondering that doesn't make the fact that you've fixated on setup theories and gaming the mod more than scum hunting. Again you are wrongly representing my scum meta. 

Based on the size of the game, having 3 people in the bag, there are no other stones to turn over.

7 minutes ago, Integrity28 said:

IDK - these roles, scenes are all confusing - I'm doing my best at not looking into it and basing my votes on game play.

4 minutes ago, D P R said:

This is tinfoil hatting.

I have not and am not claiming any hobbling or any other circumstances you can whip up to try and discredit me.

You know who tries to discredit people through the back door, dontcha. 

Dude, asking this question is on par with suggesting I have a PR.

That's not tinfoil hatting. It's reacting to your posts and wondering what you're up to.

Posting game setups from the past and talking about multiple teams, etc is tinfoil hatting... and gaming the mod, and setup talk. All things normally called scummy.

Just now, JiF said:

IDK - these roles, scenes are all confusing - I'm doing my best at not looking into it and basing my votes on game play.

The vote the guy who is lying. Clearly people are refusing to vote him despite being caught lying for a reason here.

7 minutes ago, D P R said:

Because you're going emo over it, and making it up as you go. Let's analyze this mother****er:

Emo emphasis prepping for max emo return. 

Nope. I never hard claimed this at all. I've been very clear about my leanings and reasoning and JiF is knowingly blowing all of that out of proportion. Truth is, nobody has hard claimed anything in this game yet and everything we've all said is speculation until otherwise. This is obvious. 

Yep.  That's happening. 

I've been very clear about my votes. As it stands, we have some information, but I need more before pieces start falling into place. My votes today have been made to stimulate conversation - pure and simple. And I've said as much the whole time.

It's also not lost on me that my attempt to stimulate that conversation seems to have stalled out with my current vote on BG. Instead of any analysis of his play, we have an Ape and Jif combo keeping the light on me, letting the inactives stay inactive. Just sayin'. 

What else you got Poncho? 

Oh, so you havent claimed that Smash and Ape are both scum and that I'm on Ape's team.  Got it.  Must have been another DPR typing that up and posting in this thread, over and over again.

You should die, now. 

So, you're going to continue to ignore Smash being caught in lies - even thought I made them plain as day to see?

You are pushing set theories, regardless of whether I pondered if you were working with Smash. Me wondering that doesn't make the fact that you've fixated on setup theories and gaming the mod more than scum hunting. Again you are wrongly representing my scum meta. 

Based on the size of the game, having 3 people in the bag, there are no other stones to turn over.

I've been very vocal that I think he's scum. 

I've labeled all theories as such. That's how you play the game. 

with 15 players, there are several ways that a mod could set up multiple teams, even making them, I don't know, confusing counterparts? 

You should use your keen deductive abilities to find your mojo, because that sh*t is stone cold missing.

3 minutes ago, Integrity28 said:

Yes. I have a feeling I caught him lying, more than once, and you're all too stupid to do anything about it.

What you've done is criticize me up and down for "feelings" and "theories" and claiming you are scumhunting. Which I've caught you at several times now, you're just to stupid to stop it.

You know what will help you? Ima send you a copy of my MAFIA 101 book so you can refresh and get some good ideas going again!

1 minute ago, D P R said:

I've been very vocal that I think he's scum. 

I've labeled all theories as such. That's how you play the game. 

with 15 players, there are several ways that a mod could set up multiple teams, even making them, I don't know, confusing counterparts? 

You should use your keen deductive abilities to find your mojo, because that sh*t is stone cold missing.

Acknowledging he knows I'm town.

Slip. Boom.

@Pac give me a bazooka please, there's a 50+ year old pirate who needs his prostate checked... 

oh, and a tissue, i need a tissue my nose is runny. I think I'm allergic to all this machismo.

3 hours ago, Smashmouth said:

Too Bad Lizzie didn't blow him the **** up. He's a relentless little bitch who thinks if he keeps posting the same bullsh*t 95 different ways someone if finally going to believe him. I tried to tell him to let it rest earlier but he just keeps coming he's like the ******* Rocky Doll or stretch armstrong

I've never understood why players think this is enough to get somebody off their back.  This is an internet game about lying.....ffs are people supposed to take you at your word all the time?

50 minutes ago, Bleedin Green said:

So after finally reading through all of this sh*t, I'm still convinced Smash/Ape is some inner-town slapfest going on, and I have no interest in voting either of them to be honest.  If you forget how pissed off they've gotten at each other, the actual events that have occurred does little to suggest either of them are particularly good candidates at this point in time.  Essentially sitting on a mod confirmation of a day action being attempted and stopped involving these two gives us more information on them than anyone else.  Short of these two being scummates who came up with this elaborate plot and then got Pac to agree for the day action to be an intentional blind shot into the air as some sort of big setup, this sh*t doesn't give us a whole reason to have either of them as our top suspects.  While it would be great to get them both to just move the hell on, the lack of participation by many of us (myself most obviously included) sure as hell is not helping.

As far as role names go, it seems mostly useless to try to chase that too much.  Other than Lizzie, none of the names have really told us a damn thing at this point.  Given that, any named reveals alone given me little reason to suspect or trust anyone.

The AVM run-up had seemed rather sudden when I was catching up, but also died off very quickly with one of those meaning-little reveals and it has seemed to fall off into the back-burner since then, with less else from him as well.  I'm wondering what everyone's main reason for going that direction was (I know, I suck... sorry).

I agree that DPR has been acting spastic, but at first it mostly seemed like a combination of a PR and well... him being him.  But some of the recent points have certainly been interesting and brings up some questions.  I need to look into this stuff further.

I was in the middle of trying to do one of my old TL;DRs, but the new guy starting today just showed up, so this kind of came to a screeching halt and according to the fun little "sh*t load of new replies" thing at the bottom, I'm clearly behind again.  I'll probably be catching up tonight after I get the hell out of here.

Welcome back.  I didn't read a ******* word of this.

Kidding, but really - tl;dr

27 minutes ago, D P R said:

You don't usually soft push like this, btw.  You're a weird read this game.

3 minutes ago, JiF said:

Oh, so you havent claimed that Smash and Ape are both scum and that I'm on Ape's team.  Got it.  Must have been another DPR typing that up and posting in this thread, over and over again.

You should die, now. 

This is just stupid. You got a stupid PR?

Acknowledging he knows I'm town.

Slip. Boom.

@Pac give me a bazooka please, there's a 50+ year old pirate who needs his prostate checked... 

oh, and a tissue, i need a tissue my nose is runny. I think I'm allergic to all this machismo.

That's a little bit of a stretch, even for you.

7 minutes ago, Integrity28 said:

No...I wouldnt say he lies all the time but the whole blockhead Smash thingy came from his inability to see the trees through the forest.  Even though he tossed the idea around that you were the SK, he truly believes it was always Hess and that's that.  Even though there is proof that wasnt the case. 

I'm seeing what you're seeing, I am...but I'm more interested in DPR right now. 

Just now, D P R said:

What you've done is criticize me up and down for "feelings" and "theories" and claiming you are scumhunting. Which I've caught you at several times now, you're just to stupid to stop it.

You know what will help you? Ima send you a copy of my MAFIA 101 book so you can refresh and get some good ideas going again!

Well, it's clear you're trying to troll here... shame, it took you years to convince people you were good at this, and now what... this is what we're left with?

4 minutes ago, Verbal said:

That's a little bit of a stretch, even for you.

No, not really. I've pointed out the nuance of scum talking to townies a revealing they know they are town so many times over the years. It proves out. Most of you guys aren't in tune with the level of empathy I am. It's part of my job, putting myself in others shoes and thinking about how they'd subconsciously act/speak.

Well, it's clear you're trying to troll here... shame, it took you years to convince people you were good at this, and now what... this is what we're left with?

I can't believe you let that get under your skin. Now I really am tempted to troll you and Point Break and see how much I can make you two squeal.

1 hour ago, Bleedin Green said:

So after finally reading through all of this sh*t, I'm still convinced Smash/Ape is some inner-town slapfest going on, and I have no interest in voting either of them to be honest.  If you forget how pissed off they've gotten at each other, the actual events that have occurred does little to suggest either of them are particularly good candidates at this point in time.  Essentially sitting on a mod confirmation of a day action being attempted and stopped involving these two gives us more information on them than anyone else.  Short of these two being scummates who came up with this elaborate plot and then got Pac to agree for the day action to be an intentional blind shot into the air as some sort of big setup, this sh*t doesn't give us a whole reason to have either of them as our top suspects.  While it would be great to get them both to just move the hell on, the lack of participation by many of us (myself most obviously included) sure as hell is not helping.

As far as role names go, it seems mostly useless to try to chase that too much.  Other than Lizzie, none of the names have really told us a damn thing at this point.  Given that, any named reveals alone given me little reason to suspect or trust anyone.

The AVM run-up had seemed rather sudden when I was catching up, but also died off very quickly with one of those meaning-little reveals and it has seemed to fall off into the back-burner since then, with less else from him as well.  I'm wondering what everyone's main reason for going that direction was (I know, I suck... sorry).

I agree that DPR has been acting spastic, but at first it mostly seemed like a combination of a PR and well... him being him.  But some of the recent points have certainly been interesting and brings up some questions.  I need to look into this stuff further.

I was in the middle of trying to do one of my old TL;DRs, but the new guy starting today just showed up, so this kind of came to a screeching halt and according to the fun little "sh*t load of new replies" thing at the bottom, I'm clearly behind again.  I'll probably be catching up tonight after I get the hell out of here.

Dude. He lied. I proved it, over and over. 

Smash as town being obstiante? Sure. Lying? Come on.